River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

Family/staff very friendly and helpful. Check in time at 2 pm means moving hostels can be annoying since you usually have to check out at 12, but they let you stash your stuff there while you wait. Good location very close to Clarke Quay, check out sQue bar for good food/drink specials! Room was VERY VERY hot and the bunks squeaked at every single movement. Fuzzy cover way too warm for temp of room. I would not want to stay in the female dorm without windows. Front area good for hanging out in.

Liked this place, though only stayed one night and decided not to rebook. No major qualms, thought it was a bit odd that you had to walk through the living area to get to the showers and toilets. Location was good a little far from marina bay and chinatown, but still within walking distance and next to a major subway stop. Friendly staff, nice living area.

A very nice hostel, friendly staff and superb location

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Indonesia

they should change bed sheets when someone checks in.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Only minus is perhaps that the dorm is maybe too big. Otherwise pretty good chice in singapore. Easy to get there and round and helpful staff.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Slovakia

We had stayed there for a few days and thought the stay was great. The staff was super friendly and helpful!

I will choose River city Inn again when I go to Singapore, good location and friendly staff, it's worthy every penny

1. Toilet and bathroom are not sufficient as long queue waiting for shower. 2. Breakfast was same for 2 days. Maybe can add something others such as milk and cereals. Change better brand of coffee mix. 3. The mouse of the computer is too small. Maybe can change to a bigger one.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Very clean hostel with friendly staff. Not a party hostel if that's what your looking for but it is a great place to sleep and is in a fantastic central location.

• 30th Jul 2015

Really very very good location. (It is easy to go to most of the attractions in SG) The staff is helpful and friendly. But the space of common area and room is relatively small. In overall, it is good to stay in this hostel.

It's a nice, clean, hostel in a location that's within walking distance to the MRT. It just has a different vibe compared to a lot of other hostels I've stayed in. The guests didn't interact much and everyone kept to themselves... Not necessarily a bad thing, just don't expect to meet a lot of people here. Also, it's VERY hot in the room- even after the AirCon is turned on.

Excellent location right on the river, very clean, and the staff was really nice and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

• 21st Jul 2015

always nice and easy

Location is convenient to many areas in Singapore. The hostel is clean and safe and provides good services. The staff is fine, but they seem to just want to talk amongst themselves rather than with guests. Overall a great hostel that I would (and have) stay in again.

This is my second time reviewing the same stay at River City Inn; the first time, my review score was 71%, which proved unsatisfactory for them. They were courteous in their e-mail as they asked me to consider revising it. As I wrote in my reply, I found some of their staff to be both unfriendly and unapproachable. In all categories, I did not feel the hostel had excelled; in rating them as "good" and "average", I felt I was being more than fair. Being that it was Singapore, I changed VfM to "5"

Professionall place with very good staff. Long breakfast times, untill noon and the location is pretty perfect, because MRT and bus station around. It still is a fair package, when You keep in mind that Singapore has become one of the maybe priceist and wealthiest places on our planet. In addition to my last visit i was not overwhelmed that one floor above a sports club has opened. I could hear them jump and exercise, which is good for the athletes and office paper workers for shure;

Arrived at the hostel to a very friendly staff member who gave us directions to the zoo and a plethora of other information about the local attractions. Excellent location within a two-minute walk to the nearest metro. Upon returning to the hostel at the end of the day the atmosphere was very different. Two highly unhelpful, abrupt, and condescending staff members were there to greet us; every request we made for information was met with antipathy and rudeness. Bring back the original lady!

Good location and friendly atmosphere,while locate in 4th floor without a lift took me some effort to move my luggage.

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that it is stated clearly in the terms and conditions that we are located on the 4th floor without a lift.

5 min walk to mrt station (Clarke, NE line) is a huge advantage. Staff is thoughtful and professional, the only minus is they charge for everything (even for the 20-sec phone call to my friend in Singapore). The atmosphere was rather quite and not lively as other hostels I've been to but that's Singapore's way so I don't really mind it. The room and bathroom were absolutely clean and secure. I felt like home, definitely stay here again if I come back to Singapore.

Great hostel!