River City Inn Reviews

33C Hong Kong Street, Singapore, Singapore

The reviews have overrated this hostel. The common area is way too small and there are only 3 shared bathrooms

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

I traveled a lot but this is one of the best hostels I've ever been.

• 11th Apr 2014

Clean place, friendly staff, breakfast included, close to Marina Bay sites.

Very clean and good directions in email from the mrt station

Clarke Quay and Raffles Place mrt stations are within walking distance. The hostel is nice and quiet. Rooms are clean but not very big, beds are comfy, free wifi. Staff is nice, thanks again.

Nice clean and very homy hostel. Best location, close to MRT and night river life Singapore. Rooms are big and clean, beds are comfortable (not like in a lot of others hostel). Staff are smiling and nice. And really homy atmosphere. Recommend this place!

It was a very nice stay. The hostel is close to a MRT station which made it easy to go around singapore. Facilities were nice and clean. I would stay there again!

only 5 mintues to reach mrt, food court, riverside.

The Staff was very friendly, my flight from Srilanka got delayed 45 minutes, when I called and informed the staff they were more than happy to stay up till I arrived. The place is super clean and the crowd is very nice, friendly but also maintaining a respectful distance. The breakfast was really simple and tasty, and your locker is right next to your bed so you always have an eye on your stuff. The location is perfect coz its walking distance from the shopping malls. Def planing on going back.

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Sri Lanka

This is a really great hostel to stay in, just a few minutes from the metro station, few minutes from the nightlife in clarkes quay and the staff are really friendly, rooms are very clean and well maintained and there is an excellent atmosphere in the hostel, it feels like a home more than a hostel with a very cozy lounge and dining area. They allowed me to leave my bags there while I travelled elsewhere for 4 days for a few extra dollars which really helped me out, I would definitely return!

• 24th Mar 2014

I stayed in the 9 bed female dorm. The bottom beds of the bunk beds have curtains and they all have individual lights which is nice. There are only 3 toilets and 3 showers but I was lucky and only had to wait once in the morning. After that I just showered at night. The location is excellent and the hostel is very clean.

Super clean and convenient hostel. Beds are really comfortable and the showers are good. Staff were very friendly and obliging to let us leave our stuff there the day after we stayed until 10pm and then also have a shower before we caught our flight. Atmosphere is sometimes a little quiet but it was OK mostly. Breakfast was basic but fine. Can't fault it really. Would definitely return.

• 6th Mar 2014
  • gfwillcocks

Small but friendly and good value.

My 3rd time at River City inn, as always it was a good stay. Good bunk bed, nice staff and an exelent central location for MRT, good eats - expencive and cheap ones.

The location is excellent and the hostel is very clean. I did enjoy my stay there, but I personally I didn't find the staff really friendly. Instead of a "hello" the front desk girl said upon arrival "do you have a reservation?". Instead of "of course you can leave your luggage with us, but check-in is only after 2 p.m" she said " no check-in before 2 p.m." The hostel is all about rules and they press you by email to give a good review! That is somewhat dubious!

Great location, five mins walk to the nice restaurants and bars in Clake quay and one station to Chia town and little India. The hostel is very clean, beds are comfortable. But sometimes it's too quiet, people don't really talk to each other.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • China

cant be better

I really happy choosing this hostel. Staff are so nice, even though I just stayed for 2 nights, yet we became good friends!! (missing you Lisa and Cindy) They are very friendly and willing to share some "must-go"and "economical" spots with those who first time came to Singapore~ Location of this hostel also very convenient, very close to MRT station- Clarke Quay .The environment are cozy and comfortable, just like being in home, oh,one last thing, do not open door to strangers without permission

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Nice place to stay, staffs are accommodating.

• 10th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

i love my staying here! the location is great, near to Clarke Quay MRT station, near row of cafes in riverside. The hostel was great, bathroom was clean, bed bunk was fine, and breakfast is superb too! They'll serve you toast, bananas, coffee, tea. Very fine. Definitely will come back for my next trip to spore!

• 4th Feb 2014