River View Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

94 & 96, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

+ • friendly staff • nice ambience • clean rooms • near to all shopping centers in KL - • no wifi in balcony and in the rooms Overall Rating: 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Pity there is no zero. Slightly Upside, they changed our room to the rooftop inn across across the road which was NASTY!!! The sheets were stained with all sorts of colors, worst nights sleep ever! No one speaks English to help, so we just sucked it up and stayed there. We refused to let them charge us for not staying. Do not stay here

The guesthouse was in a great location, staff was friendly and rooms were clean. Bathrooms are new and clean. The guesthouse has a unique old-style atmosphere, charming view over the river and a bookcase with books to exchange.

• 11th Sep 2015
  • Bulgaria

Fantastic place to hang out...close to everything...great big room (number 6) and lovely verandah to share.

• 8th Sep 2015

We arrived early and they allowed us to leave our bags safely with them until check in. Location was perfect, close to busy areas all directions. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful. The building is old but immaculately maintained, from the entrance way to the three toilet/showers. Secure key fob entrance, and private rooms lock too. Bed and bedding brilliant. The view from the balcony at night is amazing, with a spray of mozzy repellant you can happily chill with a few beers.

Great location with friendly and helpful staff

the sheets were stained. the common bathroom are good and clean. Good location, only few minutes from Jonker street.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Great hostel, great location!

The hostel is in an old building with high ceilings and lot of character; the location right next to the river is great. Would just suggest they take the clothes drying rack off the river-view deck and put some more chairs up there. Could be a much better atmosphere. The rooms smelled really musty and there was some mold in shower plus one of those centipedes. Had to do a Skype call at one point but WiFi only worked for it in kitchen; felt really bad about making noise.

• 7th Aug 2015

Such a great hostel! I would definitely stay here again.

Excellent, I had a fantastic stay in the guest house--thank you for your hospitality and welcome. If I had to think of one suggestion for improvement, it would be that the bed sheets and towels had a number of hairs on them.

Sweet little place to stay in Melaka. Friendly staff and the place has a lot of charm.

Cigarette smoke. That's my biggest memory of this place. Smoke when I opened my bedroom door. Smoke in my lungs, on my clothes, and in my hair as I walked to the only upstairs bathrooms to use the toilet or showers that are located in the upstairs common area. This same constant stream of smoke prevented me from enjoying the view of the river. If you are downstairs, you are not as exposed to this issue, but it's rather cave-like down there. I wouldn't recommend this place for anyone but smokers.

• 6th Jul 2015

This is a really nice guesthouse, great location right on the river! The staff keep it very clean. Good value for money. They have a cafe a few houses down also on the river that does really nice food and is very cheap too.

The place looks a bit old but was clean. Don't expect much of the 3 bed dorm (but hey it's cheap and does have an aircon). My received locker key could also open other peoples lockers. There's a nice balcony with a view over the Melaka river and you can take nice strolls along there. No staff at the hostel, only at the cafe a few meters away, so sometimes it was very quiet.

The hostel is exactly next to the river. The facilities and staff are good.

Cute little hostel right next to the Melaka River. You can enjoy a cold beer on the balcony with view on the river:) The last reviews sounded pretty good, the facilities were described as good, but I must admit that I was disappointed of the room I stayed in. Smelly with a uncomfortable atmosphere... The central location enhances my whole review. Everything around town can be reached by foot. Aircon works well. Cute little cafes around.

No staff at the hostel, but down the street at a cafe. Makes for a very strange dynamic. When you were able to track someone down, they seemed annoyed. The facilities are a bit old and dilapidated, but we're clean. The upstairs terrace was a great place to sit and relax during the hot afternoons. Once you check put you cannot reenter the hostel (although you can store your bags at the cafe). I had a late night bus and luckily another guest let me back in so I could relax some before leaving.

Enjoyable stay. Great location.