River View Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

94 & 96, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Ramand and Mani are fantastic host ! Location is great and all the extras you get eg free cake and fruit and coffee makes this place a must to come back to next year.

It was awesome place to stay ,very nice people and smooth..the bed are also comfy and my hubby was enjoy his relaxing and the environment where we feels like at home and it was amazing short vacation.Keep it up and cheers!!!!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

there's a lot of fungi in the wall, either in the room , living room or the bathroom. the staff mistook my room order and there's an system error with the booking :(

Best guesthouse in Melaka. I stayed for seven nights. Everything was clean and the staff was friendly. I even got really sick on my last night there and the owner Raymond took me to a local clinic for treatment. My trip would have been way less enjoyable with out the kind, understanding staff. Would highly recommend for your trip to Melaka.

Very nice hostel with friendly, helpful and efficient staff. Drawbacks: the noise from the street (you can really here every car out there depending on the room you get) and really not the most comfortable bed I have slept in

this is the 3rd time of me staying this place, first and second time i was staying on twin bed room but this time i am staying single person room for 2 night. i don't ike the room, the bed got a very bad smell, air circulation is bad. strongly suggest please change all bed sheet it seem like it is use for decade. after 3d2n at river view, i gt a very bad sick, i knw i can't blame all to the hotel,but the room really didn't comfort me for in my trip.hope the facility and cleanliness can be improv

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

We thank guest for the continuous support and feedback. Yes, it seems that we have a challenge with our laundry provider based on this guest's review and direct feed back from a few of our current inhouse guests and hope to solve this in the next few days. Thank you once again.

Free cake! Excellent location with scenic views of the river. And very friendly staff! Bike rental was a bonus too, we used them the whole three days we were there :-)

• 16th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great spot on river.lovely garden and setting.

• 9th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Very basic place, but with a nice atmosphere. There's a huge hole in the matress of the lower bunk in the 3-bed dorm. Good value for money though, and the wifi worked. Plus it has a great view of the river.

Lovely guesthouse right in the middle of old town. Air con was good. Showers upstairs were bad....barely enough water pressure. Shower downstairs worked fine however. Breakfast wasn't included but they left out fresh cakes and fruit to help yourself. Would recommend to a friend!

I had such a great stay - Ray and Mani were so so helpful and kind. And your guesthouse is beautiful! Will recommend it for sure.

Owner and staff friendly and helpful. Upstairs patio is a nice place to relax and view the river below. Only downside was tiny room size (but other rooms might be fine).

Make yourself a cup of tea and sit overlooking the river;the best thing to do in Melaka town. Very nice atmosphere in this guest house

Perfect location perfect guest house....best place ever!!!! migliore guest house trovata in 4 mesi di viaggio davvero si sta benissimo sembra di essere a casa! Grazie di tutto

• 8th Jun 2014

Loved my stay here, the owner Raymond was very friendly in greeting me on arrival and pointing places of interest on the map, and answering any questions. His wife immediately gave me a glass of cold beverage, and as others have mentioned, provides baked goods on the kitchen table that guests are free to take. The place was very quiet, to the point where I felt like I had it all to myself, and located a short walk away from all the main tourist sites. The other staff were very friendly as well.

great house with beautiful interior, offer tea/coffee and delicious cake and fruits, beautiful balcony next to the river, good location

Owner Raywin was lovely. Very welcoming and friendly, however all of the other staff let the guesthouse down. On one occasion I walked out of my room to put something in the fridge and was shouted at by one of the male staff with a very rude 'hello, room no?' Which made me feel very uncomfortable like I wasn't meant to be there. Also he had obviously forgotten that he had actually checked us in the previous day. The check in and welcome meeting was halved arsed! Lovely building. Shabby room.

• 16th May 2014

Dorm has 3 beds for 20 myr. Very nice place with great patio overlooking the river.

• 14th May 2014

A fantastic place to stay during our time in Melacca. The rooms are basic, but are set in a beautiful old house with a stunning terrace with river view. The home made cake on offer in the afternoon was delicious! We would stay here again!

• 12th May 2014
  • Belgium

Lovely hostel in safe area. Clean, comfy and excellent tasty free cake. Staff very helpful .. Place is often full as a result of good reviews so try to book in advance, especially if arriving at the weekend. There was a common area - I'm travelling alone - so would have been nice to meet people but no-one ever hung out there. So was a little lacking in atmos. But other than that - a great stay and would recommend. Not much to do in Melaka. So would only stay 2 nights max.