River View Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

94 & 96, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Carson! ypu are a best....! Tank yOu very much....!

• 25th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Lovely old house on the river. beautiful Balcony to sit and watch the world.

hostel is a co z y place to settle down in melaka.but, melaka is not very picturesque as what it should be。

• 10th Jun 2015
  • China

Riverview was a really comfortable place to stay while exploring Melaka. The staff are very helpful. You may have to go just a few doors down to the café to find them, but it's no inconvenience. The rooms are simple but more than what's necessary. Kitchen is really great to save some cash. Location is great as there really isn't anywhere you'd like to go that would be too far to walk. Beautiful terrace upstairs was nice to sit on after a long day in the heat.

Wonderful hostel in Malacca! The owner was very nice and accommodating. I loved the design and style of the hostel, plus it was great to just walk out the back door and take a stroll along the river. The 3 bed dorm room was also great. Lots of space for everyone. It was also convenient to have kitchen access, free filtered water, and use of the refrigerator. Highly recommended.

I really liked this place. I arrived in off an overnight bus at 9am and the owners let me take a shower and leave my bags, for which i was really grateful for. the rooms are nice, there is a really relaxed atmosphere with good facilities and a kitchen. Would definitely recommend.

We had a lovely stay here. Owners very nice, pretty communal areas and tea, coffee and water all available and complementary. Overall I would certainly stay again. The one drawback was a bad smell in our room. Not sure if it was coming from inside or outside but was fairly strong smell of damp.

• 31st May 2015

The eating/drinking/tourist area of melaka is pretty small so this location is great, nothing is more than 10/15 minute walk and usually closer. The room was basic, but perfectly clean and comfortable. There's a kitchen and a small common area, but, like melaka itself, it's fairly sleepy. Raymond was very helpful when we arrived. Would recommend!

Very nice hostel, a little strange because it's split between a few buildings on the street so not always someone on reception and It felt sometimes like we were on our own in the hostel but you can always find someone at the cafe which is part of the hostel group! Very spacious good lounge area with tv and bike rental

Beware of the 2 crazy Italian ladies! They started banging on our wall and then tried to bash the door down, even though we were speaking normally. I went round to see who it was the first time and they weren't even sleeping, door was open lights were on. I could hear people talk in the room next to me, but by no means would I go bang on their door! No manager around to complain as no one works in the hostel only the cafe few doors along. Carson was super nice guy who works in cafe.

This hostel has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere and a great location on the river side of Chinatown. The building has character and the staff make every effort to make guests welcome. We would stay here again gladly.

• 30th Apr 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Should have hair dryer

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Japan

Very nice location and hostel

1 2 Next » last »