River View Guesthouse and Hostel Reviews

94 & 96, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Malaysia

Home away from home, nice guesthouse with atmosphere and a beautiful view, directly at the riverbank. Nice owner with good tips. Free drinking water, coffee and tea. In the morning fruits and cakes

• 12th Jan 2014

I had a great stay at River View Guesthouse! Raymond is very helpful and the complimentary cakes made by his wife are lovely. This guesthouse would be perfect if the bunk bed in the dorm was replaced and lockers were provided. Highly recommended!

My mother and I stayed here for 3 nights. We really loved it! The location is great. The terrace near the river is excellent! Every evening we enjoyed being there! Raymond, the owner, was so kind to us, always explained us where to go, advised us many things, bought fruits for breakfast for guests and his wife Mani baked delicious cakes for guests every day. There was hot shower the whole day, air conditioner everywhere, many books to read, free wi-fi. Will stay here again! Kate&mom, Russia

The hotel is a quiet place to stay over the river.I feel a little regret that we only stayed there for 2 Ns.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • luckypiglet
  • China

Good location and accommodation, looking a little worn out and could do with a bit of Tlc

guest house nya bagus, bersih, dan teras belakang yang menghadap river enak buat santai

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

we enjoy the homemade cake so much.... and love staying in common area and enjoy the view... Excellent !!

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Taiwan

it's the aesthetics of River View that i love- and all else feeds from that. particularly the lounge area downstairs, the hanging garden in the kitchen and the upstairs shady verandah overlooking the river: these are environments of relaxation and beauty away from the busy streets of the town. I was in Melaka to create and present performances for the festival so I was quite busy and not really seeking social connections. River View was pretty quiet, which suited me.

• 17th Nov 2013

We loved this hostel! The location by the river is great. Our room was small, but clean and the beds comfortable. The hostel atmosphere is very chilled and it's not a super busy place with a lot of people around. We liked that it attracted a bit of an 'older' backpacking crowd. The owners were great, very helpful and the baked treats every day were a delight!

everything is perfect there. Just that the dorm 3 bed has the window right on the street and this makes a looooot of noice at night Even though i loved the place, the terrasse, the home-made bread and cake and the atmosphere was peaceful and friendly I enjoyed Malacca also because of River View Guesthouse

Not ideal if you are arriving after 10pm as the guest house closes after that time.

The hostel is very nice with a great view at the river. The facilities were clean and they left great food on the table for the guests :) The dorm is not for sensitive people though. The bunk bed screeches terribly and moves with every movement of the ppl lying in there. Nontheless I slept well both nights I stayed in the dorm.

The owners are very kind

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Very quaint and great location. Free coffee and tea and the owmers wife even made cake for he guests everyday i was there.

1 2 Next » last »