Rivoli Cinema Hostel Reviews

Rua Dr. Magalhães Lemos 83, 1st Floor, Porto, Portugal

I loved the walking tour organised by one of the receptionists, Joana.

The staff were even kind enough to lay on breakfast an hour early, as I had to leave for a flight.

• 11th Apr 2014

I have been in Europe for three months, and this is by far the best hostel I have stayed in the entire time. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the breakfast is great, the free walking tour was one of my favorite things I've done over my entire trip, the facilities are fantastic: very clean, spacious, and the atmosphere is very inviting... the list of wonderful things about this place goes on. I could have stayed in Porto some extra time for this hostel alone!

• 5th Apr 2014

To be honest, not so good as it was ranked. The room is small and has a little smell. The lock of the closet is broken. We have booked 2 different rooms for boy and girls but were put into the same room. It is ok but not so satisfied.

kitchen was clean. and blanket was thick. staffs are very kind! and i like breakfast in there. luckily i ate brownie and many kinds of jams and bread. i loved it. and because of promotion i got a discount!

Very good valué for money and help full staff who will go out of thier way to help

Amazing hostel! Actually, you feel more like being home. I would definitly stay there for a month if I had the time.

Excellent location, great staff, cozy rooms! And breakfast was also included. We enjoyed staying at the Rivoli Cinema Hostel so much, and recommend taking part in the evening activities or the free walking tours! Awesome hostel :-)

Lovely hostel. Wonderful staff, clean kitchen, nice breakfast and beautiful designed. We`ve really enjoyed our stay. Would book it again!

I would definitely recommend to go to this hostel. The staff was really nice and really willing to socialize. Everyday there is something different, so when you are alone it´s great to meet others. The place is clean and you barely hear from travellers in other rooms.

Very good hostel, comfy beds and good location... the only thing I would suggesr isdo not do your laundry there... it took the drier about 4 hours to dry my clothe... luckily, the girl at the reception lent me a towel without charge so I could still shower! Besides this tiny issue, it was very good :-D

I had one of my best holiday ,thanks not only for beautiful city but also for fantastic staff of the hostel. The place is wonderful,the personal staff very kind and you feel already at home! Hope to return soon in Oporto and sure I'll return to Rivoli Cinema Hostel! Thank's Renata

A fantastic place, great location, and brilliant staff. I would definitely stay again!

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It was a great holiday being at rivoli,staff were very cool. The hostel was also very clean,I therefore will come back again or recommend anybody to go.

We got the Ice Age themed room and really liked it. We loved the hostel, especially the fact it has a roof terrace (obviously we didn't manage to properly use it but we will be back in the summer!). Only thing that could be improved would be providing a hot breakfast and some kind of optional group dinner. Overall brilliant.

It was really perfect! Quite good located... We didn't need to use the Metro or Bus to move around :) the decoration of the hostel is cool... The breakfast is good... I recommend it

A really welcoming and nice staff ! The hostel is in the center of Porto. So easy to walk and come back ! The common room is dedicated to the cinema with posters, figurines and drawings. I loved the "Psycho" shower too ;) The kitchen is so clean, and fully equipped, easy to cook. You have free breakfast and free internet, and some thematic evenings and parties. Quite nice.

• 16th Feb 2014

The location is increadible, the facilities quite good and the staff extremelly nice. The only issue I would call your attention for is that the private rooms are advertised as being double rooms but only have twin beds.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Great having free food and free lockers. Clean, well organized, maps, helpful staff. It would be nice to have shelves and more hooks in the showers but nice hot water pressure

That was my second stay at the Rivoli Cinema Hostel and again it showed me how nice and cozy this place is. Although this time we bumped into not very welcoming hostess, for whom we were instantly waiting. But after all this place really worth staying, especially when you love cinema as i do.