Rivoli Cinema Hostel Reviews

Rua Dr. Magalhães Lemos 83, 1st Floor, Porto, Portugal

Charming old building with a big commun room where you can watch movies. Best free breakfast we ever had in a hostel in the area. The staff was nice, showers and beds were good. The locker room where they keep the luggage after checkout was very safe. It was also well located in Porto, we could walk to all the main attractions and the neighborhood seemed nice compared to some places in Porto. Thanks Rivoli Cinema hostel for a very good stay!

Hostel in the centre of the city. The atmosphere is fantastic and the terrace is very nice. The staff is very helpful. Good breakfast. I reccomend this hostel.

Location is good. Hostel is ok, nothing special. My bed was squeaking for 2 nights and it was hard to sleep. It's not spacious but rather crammed. 3 showers on my floor and 2 toilets. Breakfast was eeeeek, cereal, milk, toast, cheap juice. Coffee was also not good but u can buy for 1€ a better one. Overall I was not impressed and could not wait for my stay to be over. The guy at the reception was super nice, but the young pretty lady was not nice, little bit attitude and miserable.

• 10th Aug 2015

The reception was really nice

• 9th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Fantastic, perfectly located, very clean, super breakfast and really awesome activities

Since this was my second visit I was obviously very happy with what I enjoyed the first time round. Excellent location with multi lingual staff. Would definitely use it again should I return to Porto. I particularly like the fact that they have a large balcony to enjoy the view and relax

Very nice hostel! The only bad thing were the beds which were way too soft! But the staff, facilities, activities and everything else totally make up for that!

Everything was great! Activities every night, good atmosphere, a large living room and a large rooftop, wi-fi, breakfast, etc... The fitness room is completely unusable though.

Beautiful hostel with a big and clean kitchen, common area very cool and a very nice terrace! The staff are super friendly and we're always there for whenever we needed them. It's location couldn't be better as it is close to everything and located in a very nice neighborhood. If I go back to Porto I would def. stay there again!

Really like this hostel. Room was great, staff really friendly and loved the common area with the computers and big TV. Although I didn't partake in any of the hostel's activities, I really liked the fact they had different events planned for every single night. Only negative - Wifi in our room refused to work which was a bit irritating. Apart from that, loved the hostel and would definitely recommend.

• 3rd Jul 2015

The staff were amazing and the location excellent. Kitchen facilities were great and to be able to choose a movie and relax in the lounge room was a real treat.

really cool hostel, each room has a movie theme. well equiped kitchen and really nice rooftop area too. helpful and fun staff, I really enjoyed staying here.

We were supposed to spend only one night, but as soon as we got there we wanted to stay longer. The staff is really friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere was great too, and we loved the fact that it was all about movies: there were posters everywhere, all the rooms had a movie assigned, with a little plot near the door and decorated with each movie's theme. Breakfast, which is included, was very good; all the facilities were really clean and, cherry on top, the terrace was pretty cool.

The Hostel is very well located next to subway stations on the city center. The staff was very helpful, specially Rui, who told me about nice spots to visit. They have a very nice balcony on the top floor. The room was big and clean, only a fan was missing, due the heat during summer, the room was quite warm. The shared bathrooms were not bad, but it would be better if they had more showers and WCs per floor.

The guy at the reception was so nice! He recommended vegegetarian restaurants which a quite seldom in Porto :)

Good facilities. Love the kitchen. Bed is comfortable. Staff are friendly. Location is close to city centre, post office, bus station and a variety of places of interest

Great location, great helpful staff and I personally liked rooftop for this hostel. Only minus is noisiness if windows are to the street side. But I highly recommend this hostel and would use it also in the future. In addition option to eat together dinner for 6 euros per person and good breakfast as well.

Location was great, facilities were excellent, and most important are the staffs were extremely friendly. I would definitely recommend friend to this hotel!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • Malaysia

The hostel was great! We didn't even have a hard time finding it. The free breakfast was a huge plus, it gave us the opportunity to socialize with others at the hostel. The staff was too kind! They helped with all your needs and we're really informative. Lastly, you have to do the walking tour! So worth the time.

Very nice hostel and very well situated ! We had great advices from the staff. Everyone in the hostel is slamming its room door, so bring earplugs (that is not the fault of the hostel, only some travelers that don't know how to be polite). I would recommand this hostel :) !

« first « Prev 1 2 3