Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Good location, quiet neighboorhood, fairly good price but saw better for the price, Friendly staff. Decor would need a bit if of. refreshing. Melaka is a charming Town worth the trip, plan for 2-3 days.

• 25th Feb 2015

We spent 4 Nights on this guest house. All was very good, Raymond is very welcoming and Nice. The guest house, with a very good location, is clean and the bedrooms are comfortable. I strongly recommend roof top guest house for your trips in Melaka.

• 18th Feb 2015

Good location, friendly staff. Not the best place to socialize, but it's ok for a short stay. No hot water in showers, but anyways who needs that:) next time I will try the prettier sister of this hostel, which is owned by the same people, by the river and has a restaurant.

Staff made the stay very enjoyable, they were very friendly and helpful. The place was clean and had a good rooftop to chill on.

good hostel. nothing really special. but very comfortable to stay. have big common area. so you can hang out there during daytime heat. have regular beds in dorm rooms. so no one will disturb you at night. easy to get around from here. located in china town.

Beds in the private rooms were very wide and, according to me, very comfortable. The AC was working fine as soon as we set it to cooling instead of heating, which we had turned on by mistake. As it goes for sound-proofing a bit more could have been needed, one could hear quite well what happened in the stairs outside. The room and the linen provided seemed clean.There were a bunch of ants in the shower/toilet area, but they didn't disturb me at all. Overall a good experience for my first hostel!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

It was my first time ever staying in a hostel, and it gave me such a good impression. The place is clean, the bed is so comfortable, the bathroom is small but it's clean. It's quite close to the jonker street as well. I would definitely stay here again.

Just perfect

Great place! I had a very pleasant stay at the rooftop guest house. It's was clean with the necessary facilities. The rooftop was small but great for a chill out in the afternoon. Loved the free cake and would stay there again.

The hostel is in a nice location, it's across the street from the river and a quick walk to Jonnker street. The roof deck is nice. Bathrooms are cleaned daily and we never had to wait for a shower even though the hostel was full. The staff weren't really around so you had to go to the cafe if you needed anything which is fine if you already know what you want to do.

A nice hostel in the center of a beautiful town. The rooftop terrace is really worth it to be mentioned in the name of this hostel. The staff is very helpful, the atmosphere is nice, the facilities are good and you step out of the door and are in the middle of old china town. We even got free cupcakes and brownies!!!

Amazing Guesthouse! The staff and the owner are helpful and happy. The green roof top area is great for chilling, writing, meeting other travelers...Totally recommend this place!

Nice hostel, I really enjoy my staying! Good facilities and big rooms, I definitely recommand it!

The location is a bit far but it also mean quiet and peace. Nice room and nice days in Malacca.

It was walking distance to jonker street

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

It was a great experience staying in the roof top guest house. The staffs were really friendly and prompt in aiding me. The facilities were rather great, though it can be improved with the addition of a washing machine. I would remember roof top guest house as a place where fond memories with my pals were forged.

Keep up the good work!

My 2nd stay here. But this time I stay in mixed dorm instead. The bed is super comfy, good atmosphere (with rooftop garden, garden shower and what seems to me like Balinese living hall), air-con working great. Best hostel / guest house / budget stay ever. Will definitely stay here again if I ever visit Malacca again

Late arrival at 1 am was no problem for staff, I really appreciated this! Location is nice, nearby cafe also good. Would stay here again.

Stayed at rooftop guesthouse for couple of days in a private double bedroom with shared bathroom before flying home after being in dorm rooms for a few weeks was a quiet and relaxing room. Staff were all very friendly and helpful assisting me with airport taxi. Aircon in room was good after a hot day out in Maleka, great central location near restaurants in chinatown.

• 19th Nov 2014