Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Great place! I had a very pleasant stay at the rooftop guest house. It's was clean with the necessary facilities. The rooftop was small but great for a chill out in the afternoon. Loved the free cake and would stay there again.

A nice hostel in the center of a beautiful town. The rooftop terrace is really worth it to be mentioned in the name of this hostel. The staff is very helpful, the atmosphere is nice, the facilities are good and you step out of the door and are in the middle of old china town. We even got free cupcakes and brownies!!!

Amazing Guesthouse! The staff and the owner are helpful and happy. The green roof top area is great for chilling, writing, meeting other travelers...Totally recommend this place!

Nice hostel, I really enjoy my staying! Good facilities and big rooms, I definitely recommand it!

The location is a bit far but it also mean quiet and peace. Nice room and nice days in Malacca.

It was walking distance to jonker street

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

It was a great experience staying in the roof top guest house. The staffs were really friendly and prompt in aiding me. The facilities were rather great, though it can be improved with the addition of a washing machine. I would remember roof top guest house as a place where fond memories with my pals were forged.

Keep up the good work!

My 2nd stay here. But this time I stay in mixed dorm instead. The bed is super comfy, good atmosphere (with rooftop garden, garden shower and what seems to me like Balinese living hall), air-con working great. Best hostel / guest house / budget stay ever. Will definitely stay here again if I ever visit Malacca again

Late arrival at 1 am was no problem for staff, I really appreciated this! Location is nice, nearby cafe also good. Would stay here again.

Stayed at rooftop guesthouse for couple of days in a private double bedroom with shared bathroom before flying home after being in dorm rooms for a few weeks was a quiet and relaxing room. Staff were all very friendly and helpful assisting me with airport taxi. Aircon in room was good after a hot day out in Maleka, great central location near restaurants in chinatown.

• 19th Nov 2014

Would recommend if you're looking for a good value place in central Melaka. We could walk everywhere from the Hostel and the room was fine, with both fan and aircon.

I definitely enjoyed my time here. They were really helpful personnel. The atmosphere was very good. Free coffee & muffins from time to time. Air con in the room was appreciated and also good wifi. There are more interesting places to visit in Melaka.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Second stay here, fantastic location, really good staff, free cake in the kitchen, nice little rooftop area to sit.. Would come back for sure!

Super friendly and very helpful staff! Delicious brownie in the breakfast cafe!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Great location, perfect for two nights stay. Was clean and they provide free cakes nom nom!!

Its nice guest house with great location, easily walking to all the great food and night market (Jonker Walk)

Nice hostel with friendly staff in a really good location. Tea and coffee for 24 hours as well sometimes muffins. Dorm is a spacious room with four single beds in it. Definitely recommend!

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about...did I stay at the same hostel? I thought the Roof Top hostel was a very simple and clean place but it had absolutely no atmosphere. Most of the time there were no staff around and when I arrived at 9pm there was no one to let me in so i had to walk to a nearby cafe and wait for the guy to finish eating before I could check in. Shower and toilet in the same cubical which is a pet hate of mine. Free cake and fruit was nice but no breakfast. Average!

Nice place to stay, especially room 9.

• 12th Oct 2014