Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka

Fabulous 933 Total Reviews

• Scotland, Female, 25-30
31st Aug 2017
6.0

Location is good, short walk to most places around. Good air con and wifi. Beds were very very squeaky. You aren't given a blanket but a towel to cover you at night - not hard to change this, please invest in some blankets! Common areas small so not as social a place as you might think.

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
16th Aug 2017

Good location and friendly staff. The dorm has plenty of space and good sized lockers. Sheets are clean, beds are comfortable, the a/c works 24/7 and there are large windows. The WiFi is good throughout the building. There's a nice area to sit on the roof and a place to hand wash and hang clothes. Downsides: the bathrooms are clean but need updating...they are a bit damp and rusty. Breakfast is not included though there is free tea, coffee and filtered water and a fridge available.

1st Aug 2017

Good staff, good breakfast, excellent option.

• Italy, Female, 25-30
14th Jul 2017
6.0

Correct . Nothing special . No atmosphere ... But good location !

8th Jul 2017
6.6

I had a clothes stolen from my dorm and the hostel wasn't very social or welcoming.

• England, Couple, 25-30
26th Jun 2017

Roof top guest house was one of the best places we have stayed. Not only were the staff excellent but the place it self felt like a home away from home. Air con was great, rooms were clean, roof top garden was ace for sunbathing and chilling. It's right in the centre of melaka and you get a map to help you with finding the best food. Over all I loved my stay here and we defo will be back !!!!!

• SimonPeterL
  • England, Male, 18-24
26th Jun 2017

We spent a night here at Rooftop and it was probably one of the best places we've stayed on our travels. The rooms are all clean and air conditioned and the beds are super comfy. The staff treated us really well and we had dinner with them in the evening. We ate across the road ag Wild Coriander and it was delicious. Would definitely go back again on our next visit to Melaka! Thanks guys!

• Germany, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2017
3.4

This was one of the worst hostels I stayed in. To be fair the lady at the reception was quite nice and helpful. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and when I went to bed i noticed a bug in my bed, as time passed on, I noticed more of them, so i switched on the lights and it was a bed bug fest!!! They were literally everywhere, even on my bag! I immediately stormed out and had to wash all my clothes at 3AM to kill all of them. Afditionally another guest got robbed that same night! Don't go to this hostel!

27th Apr 2017
6.0

STOLEN HAPPENED! If you will stay here, make sure you lock everything. I was too tired at my last night then my cash, phone and T-shirts were gone when I was sleeping. I told owner, he said I can report to police and walked away and there are no camera. I learned a lesson cause I didn't be careful but he should change the code of gate or so. Anyway, I have to warn everyone be careful when you stay here, might have thief inside or outside. Btw, staffs are very nice except owner.

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 41+
23rd Apr 2017
8.0

Convenient location, within walking distance to Jonker area and Melaka River Walk. Stayed in a windowless twin room with minimal ventilation that smelled a bit funky and had a few mosquitoes. The a/c stopped working after we got back from dinner, so we had to make do with the ceiling fan. Bathroom/toilets were clean, but felt like saunas, again due to poor ventilation. Breakfast not provided, but there are many nice restaurants nearby. Recommended if all you want is a basic, clean room.

×