Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

i i am very disappointed,last time is my first choice, now is my last choice, the first day i told the malay housekeeping and the reception, ols change to room a tomorrow, but next no change and non clean the room, second day i repeat to both of tham,but still no change when i back 10pm, so i repeat again to 3rd staff in riverview cafe, she said dont worry, will change to a room, after i call to remind at 7pm, but when i back 930pm, still no change, the 3rd even said is fully book, i said you to

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Not a very nice hostel in my opinion but unfortunately in Melaka there are not a lot of options. Weird smell in the rooms, stains on the sheets. Location of course very good and beds quite comfy. Most of the time there is no staff around.

My stay was great! such a lovely place. :)

Very nice place to stay and value for money. It is located near Dutch Square, Melaka river, and Jonker street (which unfortunately it was closed when we were there). Definitely will come back here and recommend it to our friends :)

Nice hostel in a good location, would recommend to a friend :)

The AC was on but didn't cool at all so it was even hotter than outside. There were no moskito nets, so i got a lot of bites since it was impossible to cover under the blancet because of the heat. Also, it was really loud at night and the bathrooms weren't that clean. It is easy to find and not far from the city center. But because of the inconveniences I wouldn't go there again.

Good value for money, lovely guesthouse with very comfortable beds! Rooms and bathroom area always clean. Great selection on films to watch downstaires too! Owners are usually in the cafe just over the road but where very helpful at the beginning so didn't need to see them again. Nothing negative to say and we would definately stay ere again.

Great hostel, all the places you'd like to visit are at walking distance. The mixed dorm has 4 beds in a really big room with comfortable beds, lockers are present in the room as well. A nice rooftop garden with a really pleasant vibe, perfect to just relax after a long day of touring.

Nice little guesthouse, but only has one dorm room with 4 beds in. But the beds so are so comfy and the room is big with loads of space. Has a nice little roof top area and the roof top shower is SO nice! Great place

Great location, great balcony..thank you....

• 24th Sep 2015

Gorgeous little spot in the middle of the old town with the perfect home away from home kinda feeling. The little garden shower is a nice touch to an already super cute rooftop area. Spacious dorm with probably one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in during my four years of backpacking! Individual lights, outlets, hangers, bedside tables and lookers. Highly recommended! Enjoy your stay!

During the week it is really quiet. The staff is not always in the hostel.

Great location and comfy hostel. Didn't see any of these ants people are talking about, but there was a slight smell, not in the dorms though. Was quite empty when we were there so can't comment on the atmosphere, but I'd definelty recommend and stay here again.

Very nice hostel. Only small thing is I cant book through website for a share bedroom even its free so I had to pay more for a private room and found out next day that shared room was so free

I really love here. if i come back to Melaka, i 'll stay here again

Hostel owner (Raymond) was extremely helpful when we checked in telling us all about malacca. The hostel has a good location, just 2 mins walk to jonker street and beside the river! Great out door shower that was just the right temperature of cool! :)

This hostel was terrible, we arrive after pre booking to be told there has been a mistake and they have no room for us. We go to another hostel and stay there for a night with no apologies from the staff. The staff are never present and you have to walk down the road to find anyone. The bathrooms are dirty with hair everywhere and very small. The rooms are mediocre and lacking in power points. Overall would not stay here again, unclean and unfriendly.

is way cheaper than i thought location is very good

Cozy and perfekt place as a base for dicovering melaka

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were always available in the cafe down the road that is under the same ownership. They were desperate to help at any opportunity and such nice people. The rooms were spacious with large, comfortable beds and big lockers. The roof top terrace was a great place to spend an evening with a drink and also a good viewing area for the incredible thunderstorms when they occur.