Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Stayed at rooftop guesthouse for couple of days in a private double bedroom with shared bathroom before flying home after being in dorm rooms for a few weeks was a quiet and relaxing room. Staff were all very friendly and helpful assisting me with airport taxi. Aircon in room was good after a hot day out in Maleka, great central location near restaurants in chinatown.

• 19th Nov 2014

Would recommend if you're looking for a good value place in central Melaka. We could walk everywhere from the Hostel and the room was fine, with both fan and aircon.

I definitely enjoyed my time here. They were really helpful personnel. The atmosphere was very good. Free coffee & muffins from time to time. Air con in the room was appreciated and also good wifi. There are more interesting places to visit in Melaka.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Second stay here, fantastic location, really good staff, free cake in the kitchen, nice little rooftop area to sit.. Would come back for sure!

Super friendly and very helpful staff! Delicious brownie in the breakfast cafe!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Belgium

Its nice guest house with great location, easily walking to all the great food and night market (Jonker Walk)

Nice hostel with friendly staff in a really good location. Tea and coffee for 24 hours as well sometimes muffins. Dorm is a spacious room with four single beds in it. Definitely recommend!

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about...did I stay at the same hostel? I thought the Roof Top hostel was a very simple and clean place but it had absolutely no atmosphere. Most of the time there were no staff around and when I arrived at 9pm there was no one to let me in so i had to walk to a nearby cafe and wait for the guy to finish eating before I could check in. Shower and toilet in the same cubical which is a pet hate of mine. Free cake and fruit was nice but no breakfast. Average!

Nice place to stay, especially room 9.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great place to stay!

I stayed at better hostels to be honest. This hostel has a no shoe policy. Thats fine with me if it would be clean to walk everywhere without your shoes on. I found it a bit dirty. Also, you have to use the common showerslippers if you dont want to shower bare-foot. Furthermore, the guy that sits at the desk smells like sweat a little bit. But the van is blowing around this smell around the whole common area. The location is really near everything there is to see in Melaka so thats good!

My favorite part of this hostel was the rooftop garden shower. It's not much but it was nice to shower without a toilet a foot from me and the glass ceiling that allowed me to look at the sky. Will recommend

• 14th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my time and the service. They were really helpful when I needed a taxi booked. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I loved it! I would definitely recommend to others.

Could check in even before the usual time amd there are free muffins from time to time.

Staff almost never available. Clean but sterile atmosphere. Algae growing in sink area. Obsession about no footwear of any kind, even for toilets/showers where plastic slippers of doubtful cleanliness are provided (I used my own shower sandals despite the rules). Air con and a table with chair in the room were appreciated and also good wifi. There are more interesting places to stay in Melaka. Overall, ok for a short stay but nothing special.

Very clean place, and very at home feeling. Not the best place if you want to party hard, but very friendly staff and owner. Had a great time with the staff when going out in the evenings. Also, very informative about the local information, especially about restaurants. Very authentic feeling to it inside the place. Definetely would like to come back!

I've had a really nice week here! Free coffee, tea, fruits and even cake. Do I need to expain more? ;) Large common areas, downstairs and on their rooftop. I stayed in the dorm, which was big enough to accomodate at least 8-10 people in bunk beds, but they chose to place just 4 single beds, which I think was a very good decision. Big lockers, aircon, fan, daylight, daily room cleaning and a lot of space in the room. I will stay here again!

Roof top garden was very relaxing at night but would be better if they had a fan since Melaka is a hot place 365 days a year. Many problems with the internet going down. On Check-in the staff were rude when I told them that I needed to exchange money and although I had already paid my deposit they didn’t want me to leave my bag in the room until we had paid. Staff have very limited The owner also runs River View guesthouse where he spends most of his time. It seems strange that there

Great place. We had Room 9 with a private bath which was located on the third floor. The hostel was VERY clean, quiet, and well-run. The kitchen was large and there is a rooftop garden which overlooked the city.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is one of the better places we stayed in on our trip through Cambodia, Lao, Thailand and Malaysia. There is little to fault with Roof Top Guesthouse. I will be staying there again next year if there is a vacancy when I am in Melaka. If I could suggest one small thing, and that is that one of the two great roof top areas be made into a non-smoker, so that people that don't smoke can also relax in the great area. Great place to stay.