Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

This hostel was terrible, we arrive after pre booking to be told there has been a mistake and they have no room for us. We go to another hostel and stay there for a night with no apologies from the staff. The staff are never present and you have to walk down the road to find anyone. The bathrooms are dirty with hair everywhere and very small. The rooms are mediocre and lacking in power points. Overall would not stay here again, unclean and unfriendly.

is way cheaper than i thought location is very good

Cozy and perfekt place as a base for dicovering melaka

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were always available in the cafe down the road that is under the same ownership. They were desperate to help at any opportunity and such nice people. The rooms were spacious with large, comfortable beds and big lockers. The roof top terrace was a great place to spend an evening with a drink and also a good viewing area for the incredible thunderstorms when they occur.

Charming, spacious, comfortable, however BIG wifi probs, owner has a cafe across the road with desktop that works, perhaps should install a couple in house

One of the showers wasn't working too well (second floor, the one to the right). Everything else, the staff, the room was great.

Expected better from the ratings. As mentioned, there were ants everywhere: toilets, dining table, walls, even one or two stray ones in the room. Mosquitoes in room 3 too. Staff were never around. The only thing I can recommend is the location, but there are plenty of hostels or hotels nearby with comparable location and price. If you want a basic no fringe hostel at a low price, this is for you. If you expect a hostelworld rating of 80+%, you might be disappointed like me.

It's a good hostel near Chinatown (which I prefer than the city centre). It's mostly clean (you can always find something) and the toilets including the showers are ok. The guy that let us in was a bit strange but not rude. Over all I'd recommend it.

The guesthouse have the almost perfect location where you can actually walk around all the place of attractions during the day, yet to have the suitable atmosphere at night to get some good rest. All basic facilities provided in good shape, and guesthouse floor quite clean indeed. The living room quite warm so might be a good idea if there's aircond to get some chill and a short rest before continue to explore there. Will definitely get back here for another trip in Melaka.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I got there and there was no staff anywhere to be found. I was locked out in the blistering sun for an hour. I was put in the 4 bed dorm and they placed me and an elderly man 1 meter from each other and there were 2 empty beds available 6 meters away across the room. The staff was incompetent and unfriendly. The bathrooms were disgusting and full of ants. Like the most ants I've ever seen. I never saw any staff cleaning. Don't stay here.

Very nice rooms and great location. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

I stayed two nights at roofrop guest house and it's a comfortable relax hostel. Facilities are good and clean. Wifi works good to. It's a good atmosphere. I had my dinner in the riverview cafe and it was verry tasteful, good place to eat.

Good and quiet location with just a short walk to jonker street. Aircon seems to be leaking onto bed and staining the sheets. Other then that, facillities are relatively adequate for the pricing. Staff are warm and friendly.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Well-located, great facilities, cosy place to stay. We liked the rooftop shower and the open terrace on the 3rd floor where we could relax and talk late into the night. Props to Carson for checking us in at midnight and giving us good advice on transport.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

AC was not working int first room (A) we got, but after switching to a different room without a problem it was pleasantly cold at night. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location and the neighborhood is very cozy and nice.

This place was alright. 4 bed dorm. But had so much stuff in it like 10 bags I think from 2 long term guests including the girl who checked me in. The bathrooms were not the cleanest I've seen but manageable. This place is okay.

Hostel was overall great, close to the Jonker Street Market, but far enough away from the main tourist attractions to ensure the evenings were quieter that places on the main backpacker drag. Easy walking distance from most of Melaka's prime attractions. Upon arrival the staff was underwhelming, but they quickly grew on us. Deserving of honourable mention in Lonley Planet.

nice☺️

• 2nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

I love Roof Top Hostel so much !!! I'm sure that i will stay at the same hostel again when i visit Melaka next time . the toilet is clean, and the dorm is comfortable , price is cheap which can affordable by students. i feel like staying at my own house when i stay at this hostel , so COMFORTABLE ! the most beautiful is the roof top area! it is a great place for us to chat at night , feel the fresh air and see the night sight of Melaka. Thank you Mani n Raymond

• 2nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location and cool rooftop gardens to chill in. Staff was unfriendly and unreceptive, didn't say a word the whole time. The A/C in our room didn't work at all and there were ants all over the floor. We didn't enjoy our experience and moved to a different hostel before leaving Melaka.