Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

A friend just recommended to stay in there, in end up to misunderstanding, although they help us find another place to stay, but after I was trying to control my temper as we arrived at 12midnight hungry, tired and sleepy. Will never book to this hostel anymore. Staff sent me an email implying it was my fault all along, nice try.

Beautiful facilities. There is an outdoor shower on the roof which is very serene. Laundry is easy. AC is great. Friendly and calm atmosphere. Wifi can be spotty, but no worse than the average hostel wifi.

A very nice hostel. The wifi was sometimes not perfect but works well always near reception. The rooftop is very pretty and staff are very friendly. Very secure and i was upgraded to a twin room instead of a dorm so i had a very comfortable stay.

People are nice and the place is okay. There was just some things about the place I thought were a bit stingy and ridiculous such as the book exchange being two for one and the fact that they charge 10 RM for you to use the shower after check out. That is ridiculous.

Stayed for one night. Was cheaper than another guest house close by but this hostel was better as they had air con in the dorm, place looked nicer and good facilities. Chilled atmosphere good price

Helpful staff, nice and quiet location

Great welcoming staff. Good location, easy accessible and very central. Nice terrace. Double rooms have no windows. Maps provided are just a photocopy so you better get a proper one from the turist info point. Good value for money.

We liked everything about the hostel.it was quiet, well located,nice people and value for money.

• 1st Jan 2016
  • India
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Spend two nights in the double bedroom with bathroom enquire, room was ok, air con and fan working very well! Facilities were nice, staff friendly! Only there was no storage room provided, so that we had to leave luggagge in the lounge area after check out which didn't feel very safe.. Overall nice stay and quiet convenient location!

It was hard yo get hold of the staff. You had to check in somwehere else. The room was clean, the facilities ok.

• 2nd Dec 2015
  • Sweden

Wonderfull the shower on the terrace!

• 25th Nov 2015

Rooftop is nice place to stay when in Melaka and provides really affordable rates specailly for those travelling on a shoestring budget. They will also provide you a map containing the where-to's and what-to-do's.

• 23rd Nov 2015
  • Philippines

i i am very disappointed,last time is my first choice, now is my last choice, the first day i told the malay housekeeping and the reception, ols change to room a tomorrow, but next no change and non clean the room, second day i repeat to both of tham,but still no change when i back 10pm, so i repeat again to 3rd staff in riverview cafe, she said dont worry, will change to a room, after i call to remind at 7pm, but when i back 930pm, still no change, the 3rd even said is fully book, i said you to

• 13th Nov 2015
  • Singapore
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Not a very nice hostel in my opinion but unfortunately in Melaka there are not a lot of options. Weird smell in the rooms, stains on the sheets. Location of course very good and beds quite comfy. Most of the time there is no staff around.

My stay was great! such a lovely place. :)

Very nice place to stay and value for money. It is located near Dutch Square, Melaka river, and Jonker street (which unfortunately it was closed when we were there). Definitely will come back here and recommend it to our friends :)

Nice hostel in a good location, would recommend to a friend :)

The AC was on but didn't cool at all so it was even hotter than outside. There were no moskito nets, so i got a lot of bites since it was impossible to cover under the blancet because of the heat. Also, it was really loud at night and the bathrooms weren't that clean. It is easy to find and not far from the city center. But because of the inconveniences I wouldn't go there again.

Good value for money, lovely guesthouse with very comfortable beds! Rooms and bathroom area always clean. Great selection on films to watch downstaires too! Owners are usually in the cafe just over the road but where very helpful at the beginning so didn't need to see them again. Nothing negative to say and we would definately stay ere again.