Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

I've had a really nice week here! Free coffee, tea, fruits and even cake. Do I need to expain more? ;) Large common areas, downstairs and on their rooftop. I stayed in the dorm, which was big enough to accomodate at least 8-10 people in bunk beds, but they chose to place just 4 single beds, which I think was a very good decision. Big lockers, aircon, fan, daylight, daily room cleaning and a lot of space in the room. I will stay here again!

Roof top garden was very relaxing at night but would be better if they had a fan since Melaka is a hot place 365 days a year. Many problems with the internet going down. On Check-in the staff were rude when I told them that I needed to exchange money and although I had already paid my deposit they didn’t want me to leave my bag in the room until we had paid. Staff have very limited The owner also runs River View guesthouse where he spends most of his time. It seems strange that there

Great place. We had Room 9 with a private bath which was located on the third floor. The hostel was VERY clean, quiet, and well-run. The kitchen was large and there is a rooftop garden which overlooked the city.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is one of the better places we stayed in on our trip through Cambodia, Lao, Thailand and Malaysia. There is little to fault with Roof Top Guesthouse. I will be staying there again next year if there is a vacancy when I am in Melaka. If I could suggest one small thing, and that is that one of the two great roof top areas be made into a non-smoker, so that people that don't smoke can also relax in the great area. Great place to stay.

We were greeted with a fresh drink and a sit down with a staff member giving us a quick orientation of Melacca. Snacks courtesy of the house provided were an added bonus. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. It's quiet so don't expect a party venue! Great accom and excellent location. Highly recommend. Just remember its payment in cash only so bring enough with you to avoid having to make a trip to an ATM as soon as you arrive.

Nice place, clean, quiet, tidy, pretty. Only down point is that the staff was kind of shy, but I realised he had just arrived, so not so many local advice. No computer, laundry by hand only. Good value for money but not so much contact with the other guests.

Don't leave food out in the open. Put in the fridge or ants will likely get to it. Aside from that, the stay was wonderful and the atmosphere was very peaceful.

It is very nice and good located hostel, just tree minutes walk from the centre. The staff was sometimes a little bit frightening, but who cares? They are polite and helpfull.

Delightful place. Would not hesitate to recommend or use again.

• 4th Jun 2014

Most excellent guesthouse. Safe

Place was good overall, but didnt appreciate the staff. Young guy wasnt helpful when I asked for directions. He asked me to refer to a map. And he brought in a guest to show him around the room w.o asking first if it was ok with us in the room. Just felt it was violating our space, since we pd for it. If we cant go in to ur private space, u shouldnt do the same. A lot of micromanagement, plenty of rules to follow. Felt like u were staying with a too uptight asian family.

We thank guest for the review and would definitely follow up with the staff on the issue of direction. Guest occupied a bed for 2 nights in a 4-bedded mixed dormitory. Our dormitory is not private and there are times we have to open the door to show other potential guests: the beds. Guests are encouraged to stay in private rooms for privacy and once a private room is occupied, it is deemed so. Thank you.

I had a really good time in this guest house. I am traveling now for 8 month and that was the best accommodation on my trip.

enjoy my stay

• 23rd May 2014
  • Malaysia

Absolutely amazing place to stay, great facilities, well located in colonial district, rooms very clean, lovely roof top areas for sitting in the evenings, lovely staff who were helpful in the booking of our onward travels. Only slight negative was that the wifi was a tad slow. Overall FANTASTIC!

Loved the location, the house and Melaka. However, we were in room five and people having long showers at 1am was a bit annoying due to the noise.

• 17th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Did I stay in the same place? No atmosphere, most of the time empty, & the owner's son who sporadically manned the front desk was difficult (knee-jerk reactions, said I should buy cup noodle cause restaurants were 'too far away', said there was no way to find out about busses - they had a schedule on their noticeboard! etc.). There were signs everywhere telling you rules (micromanagement!), only 3 showers/WCs and nearly no natural light. It was clean, comfortable & well located but nothing more.

Apple Pie on Saturday so Nice

• 8th May 2014
  • Thailand

No cold water dispenser. No basic TV. No desktop computer for guests' use. No inhouse wash

We thank guest for staying with us and for the feedback. The hot/cold water dispenser dispenses water at room temperature for cold water. Guests could fill their bottle and cool/freeze in fridge according to preference. We are basic hostel and not provide tv in rooms. We provide a common area tv for watching dvd and free wifi. Guests could hand wash clothes at the roof top where taps, basin and drying area is provided. Internet café and laundry in within 200 metres and on map given at check-in.

great place, and staff is really easy to talk to.

we were in room 9 next to the roof top out side smoking area . We did find this hard as we dont smoke and with the window open for fresh air the smoke came into our room. Plus the sink for the basin didint have a trap - so it did smell quite a bit . We did mention it to the owners - not sure if he understood. We left the tap running slowly so the water washed away the odour - but aprt from that the room was good . The owners son was our Host and was very helpful in recoomending places for dinne

• 24th Apr 2014