Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Great little hostel/guesthouse. It is located in Chinatown, which (in my opinion) is the most scenic neighborhood. Short walking distance to main attractions such as Stadhuys (5 mins). Rooms are clean, dorms with separate beds instead of bunk beds. No breakfast but there's coffee and tea, and always cake available during the whole day (which makes for a nice breakfast). Rooftop garden is nice too.

Very kind and helpful young lad working at the desk. Made us feel very welcome. Homemade cakes for guests daily!

• 27th Mar 2014

very good hostel. cheap prices for private room. well located and very friendly staff

Lovely hostel. The staff are lovely and the cake is amazing!

Very quite simply place, very clean. we stayed here for two nights, they were helpful. When eat the cakes made me felt like home. Will come back to stay again if possible.

I had a great stay at Rooftop. The cake was amazing. The location is very good and it was nice to stay in a dorm room with single beds. The garden shower on the rooftop was nice. Wifi was working in the lodge downstairs and most of the time in the room (but not always). The owners are nice and considerate. Bike rental for 10 MYR a day.

EXCELLENT location! Very conveniently located to Jonker St and other nearby attractions. Very calm and peaceful. Delicious cakes, but you have to get the timing right in order to get a piece. There wasn't much fruit provided, so don't expect to make a meal out of it. The only downside was the ants in the kitchen. They seemed to be everywhere! They were all over the counters, and you really had to be careful not to accidentally drink one :P Otherwise a really great hostel!

Very nice place to stay - I especially appreciate the socializing room, terrace, possibility to do hand washing, kitchen and home made pastries. Booked a dorm and the street orientation was ok. Safety lockers provided. The owners are strong personalities.

Great location for the main tourist attractions, cake on arrival was the perfect start. Hostel is kept very clean and has all the facilities you would expect in good working order.

The guest house is clean and near the touristic area. The wifi is great. But the service should be improved. We didn't meet the owner but his son. He always forgot when we should check-out and made some jokes to us which are not funny at all.

Nice hostel with bike rental possibilities. The dorm was pretty big for all the stuff that people were traveling with, and no bunk beds plus big beds, yay :) The receptionist was not always there, but there was a phone line that you could call them if needed. I found it that I might be bothering them so didn't really see them much. The owner's son was helpful though!

Very nice guest house, well located and easy to find. Not much of an atmosphere when I was there but Melaka is generally a laid back area. No breakfast included but often had fruits and muffins for free on the kitchen table. Owners were very nice' had a problem with the bus so arrived at 3am, and they got out of bed to come and open the door for us and do our check in.

I gave the Rooftop Guesthouse high marks because I was looking for relaxing break from the big city and that's what I got. It's a peaceful refuge away from the hubbub of Jonker Street and the night market, but if you're looking for a "party" atmosphere, you may want to look elsewhere.

Threehouse is a lovely guesthouse with all you need. It is central, totally worth the money, has a friendly atmosphere and is clean. Would always go back!

Mani is quite helpful in providing info to her guest. Not only that but she gives treats to us too which is appreciated by us all.

very nice place,gives you a feeling of being more in a home than in a hostel.nice terraces,living room and kitchen and great cake for breakfast and fruit.had a very good stay there.very friendly owner who tells you about the places to visit,restaurants did not have this in any other hostel on my ten weeks trip in asia!

We got a good and warm welcome from the host. A nice cool drink to cool down the body as well as photocopy of a map with all POI. Specially good for sourcing your food.(recomendation for all kind on the map), this was very helpfull and in the end tasty. Nice and clean rooms.Chip card to enter the house and key for your room door. Nice terrace(s) but almost nobody is there. Some free food (fruits and/or cake) everyday on the kitchen table. The do and dont signs could be made a bit nicer.

• 18th Jan 2014

My friends and I loved Rooftop! Well-maintained with facilities that we needed, plus friendly host :) Thank you so much, we will be back again! Shella & Company from Room 1 :)

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Beautiful place run by beautiful people! Hostel has a nice cozy feel. Clean, and great location. I stayed in a dorm which allowed me to meet some great friends since I was traveling alone. Would recommend!

This was a really fantastic place to stay. Cheap - clean rooms and great staff. The location was perfect too.

« first « Prev 1 2 3