Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka

Fabulous 916 Total Reviews

• Germany, Male, 18-24
29th Apr 2017
3.4

This was one of the worst hostels I stayed in. To be fair the lady at the reception was quite nice and helpful. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm and when I went to bed i noticed a bug in my bed, as time passed on, I noticed more of them, so i switched on the lights and it was a bed bug fest!!! They were literally everywhere, even on my bag! I immediately stormed out and had to wash all my clothes at 3AM to kill all of them. Afditionally another guest got robbed that same night! Don't go to this hostel!

27th Apr 2017
6.0

STOLEN HAPPENED! If you will stay here, make sure you lock everything. I was too tired at my last night then my cash, phone and T-shirts were gone when I was sleeping. I told owner, he said I can report to police and walked away and there are no camera. I learned a lesson cause I didn't be careful but he should change the code of gate or so. Anyway, I have to warn everyone be careful when you stay here, might have thief inside or outside. Btw, staffs are very nice except owner.

• Malaysia, Mixed Group, 41+
23rd Apr 2017
8.0

Convenient location, within walking distance to Jonker area and Melaka River Walk. Stayed in a windowless twin room with minimal ventilation that smelled a bit funky and had a few mosquitoes. The a/c stopped working after we got back from dinner, so we had to make do with the ceiling fan. Bathroom/toilets were clean, but felt like saunas, again due to poor ventilation. Breakfast not provided, but there are many nice restaurants nearby. Recommended if all you want is a basic, clean room.

• Malaysia, Female, 25-30
22nd Apr 2017
8.0

The facilities in the room not properly maintained. Most of lights not functioning. Light inside washroom and washing basin should be separate. Washroom got stingy smell from the hole after toilet bowl covered. Exalt fan in sleeping area not functioning. Bed should be properly maintained as we can feel the springs when sleep on it.

• Raiyanchoudhury
  • England, Male, 25-30
2nd Mar 2017
8.0

Super clean, great location, 5 mins walk away from the night market, cool rooftop shower. Highly recommend !

12th Feb 2017
5.7

I want to say good things... but I can't really. The bed was extremely springy to the point of almost being unusable, there were tons of mosquitoes in the bedroom and bathroom, there's zero privacy in the bedroom as it's just a bed in each corner of the room, there were tons of ants in the kitchen, the rooftop shower didn't seem to work, and checking in was a rodeo as they weren't able to find my reservation even though I booked 3 weeks ago. Location is good but that's it. Go somewhere else.

• alexolb886643
  • Italy, Male, 25-30
4th Feb 2017
5.4

The hostel is quite clean and in a decent position. Yet as a solo traveller the reason I go to hostel is for a commom area and to meet someone to hang out and discover the city together. The hostel was absolutely dead when I was there (chinese new year...). If you are a couple or group of friends and you want some calm you may consider it, else look for something else

• Vietnam, Female, 25-30
29th Jan 2017

All things are really nice. Great location.

• England, Female, 31-40
24th Jan 2017
7.1

Very basic hostel.

• Ireland, All Male Group, 41+
22nd Jan 2017
6.9

We stayed here three years ago and at that stage it was showing its age. Three years later and it's another three years of minimal investment. It's a reasonable place to stay based on a reasonable price with reasonable assistance and information from staff.