Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

The guesthouse have the almost perfect location where you can actually walk around all the place of attractions during the day, yet to have the suitable atmosphere at night to get some good rest. All basic facilities provided in good shape, and guesthouse floor quite clean indeed. The living room quite warm so might be a good idea if there's aircond to get some chill and a short rest before continue to explore there. Will definitely get back here for another trip in Melaka.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I got there and there was no staff anywhere to be found. I was locked out in the blistering sun for an hour. I was put in the 4 bed dorm and they placed me and an elderly man 1 meter from each other and there were 2 empty beds available 6 meters away across the room. The staff was incompetent and unfriendly. The bathrooms were disgusting and full of ants. Like the most ants I've ever seen. I never saw any staff cleaning. Don't stay here.

Very nice rooms and great location. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

I stayed two nights at roofrop guest house and it's a comfortable relax hostel. Facilities are good and clean. Wifi works good to. It's a good atmosphere. I had my dinner in the riverview cafe and it was verry tasteful, good place to eat.

Good and quiet location with just a short walk to jonker street. Aircon seems to be leaking onto bed and staining the sheets. Other then that, facillities are relatively adequate for the pricing. Staff are warm and friendly.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Well-located, great facilities, cosy place to stay. We liked the rooftop shower and the open terrace on the 3rd floor where we could relax and talk late into the night. Props to Carson for checking us in at midnight and giving us good advice on transport.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

AC was not working int first room (A) we got, but after switching to a different room without a problem it was pleasantly cold at night. Staff is very friendly and helpful, and the location and the neighborhood is very cozy and nice.

Hostel was overall great, close to the Jonker Street Market, but far enough away from the main tourist attractions to ensure the evenings were quieter that places on the main backpacker drag. Easy walking distance from most of Melaka's prime attractions. Upon arrival the staff was underwhelming, but they quickly grew on us. Deserving of honourable mention in Lonley Planet.

nice☺️

• 2nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

I love Roof Top Hostel so much !!! I'm sure that i will stay at the same hostel again when i visit Melaka next time . the toilet is clean, and the dorm is comfortable , price is cheap which can affordable by students. i feel like staying at my own house when i stay at this hostel , so COMFORTABLE ! the most beautiful is the roof top area! it is a great place for us to chat at night , feel the fresh air and see the night sight of Melaka. Thank you Mani n Raymond

• 2nd May 2015
  • Malaysia

Good location and cool rooftop gardens to chill in. Staff was unfriendly and unreceptive, didn't say a word the whole time. The A/C in our room didn't work at all and there were ants all over the floor. We didn't enjoy our experience and moved to a different hostel before leaving Melaka.

It's close to the tourist area, clean, the rooftop is nice. No complaints here! The young guy that works here was fantastic. Very nice and helpful.

staff are very nice! location is just close by Jonker street so I could go there easily. River side is walk distance also. Room is large, bed is comfortable.

It's a very nice hostel, situated in the middle of chinatown. The staff was very friendly and it was always kept clean. Big House and nice cake ! Perfect to chill out, I would stay there again.

Great locations. Shower and toilet facilities could have been cleaner. rooms good although very noisy. They really need to patrol / have staff present at the hostel (we only saw staff member once) as there are people showering and blow drying hair at 1am in the morning! More signs / stricter in that sense is needed.

Lovely little guest house right in China town very close to all sights, bars and restaurants. Great stuff, fresh cake every day as special treat!

too clean and nice bed

• 18th Mar 2015
  • Japan

Nice environment,cheap price but good beds and garden on the roof! One bad thing is there was ant in the toilet........

Happened to stay in dorm bed (cheap)( but not hostel's fault although I feedback to staff) where a guy ' insist' aircon to be off (claiming health benefit but to the discomfort to other 3 in the room who did not want to challenge his 'right to no Aircon') esp if he is drunk. But when tried clarifying with him, he is so opinionated and defensive -in the limited English, if I understand, said the norm is no air con -if you insist aircon, stay in private. In other words, default right -no aircon.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Guesthouse with one four bed dorm. Not the atmosphere I expected. While solid location, you can find better options in terms of social interactions. Staff are based at a restaurant down the street.