Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Charming, spacious, comfortable, however BIG wifi probs, owner has a cafe across the road with desktop that works, perhaps should install a couple in house

One of the showers wasn't working too well (second floor, the one to the right). Everything else, the staff, the room was great.

Expected better from the ratings. As mentioned, there were ants everywhere: toilets, dining table, walls, even one or two stray ones in the room. Mosquitoes in room 3 too. Staff were never around. The only thing I can recommend is the location, but there are plenty of hostels or hotels nearby with comparable location and price. If you want a basic no fringe hostel at a low price, this is for you. If you expect a hostelworld rating of 80+%, you might be disappointed like me.

It's a good hostel near Chinatown (which I prefer than the city centre). It's mostly clean (you can always find something) and the toilets including the showers are ok. The guy that let us in was a bit strange but not rude. Over all I'd recommend it.

Good hostel. Excellent location. Rooms were okay - very simple. Not many bathrooms/showers in the hostel, but wasn't a huge issue for the most part. The hostel isn't staffed at all times, which can be tricky, so make sure you plan your arrival time for when they are around.

The guesthouse have the almost perfect location where you can actually walk around all the place of attractions during the day, yet to have the suitable atmosphere at night to get some good rest. All basic facilities provided in good shape, and guesthouse floor quite clean indeed. The living room quite warm so might be a good idea if there's aircond to get some chill and a short rest before continue to explore there. Will definitely get back here for another trip in Melaka.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

I got there and there was no staff anywhere to be found. I was locked out in the blistering sun for an hour. I was put in the 4 bed dorm and they placed me and an elderly man 1 meter from each other and there were 2 empty beds available 6 meters away across the room. The staff was incompetent and unfriendly. The bathrooms were disgusting and full of ants. Like the most ants I've ever seen. I never saw any staff cleaning. Don't stay here.

Very nice rooms and great location. Thanks so much for the hospitality.

I stayed two nights at roofrop guest house and it's a comfortable relax hostel. Facilities are good and clean. Wifi works good to. It's a good atmosphere. I had my dinner in the riverview cafe and it was verry tasteful, good place to eat.

Good and quiet location with just a short walk to jonker street. Aircon seems to be leaking onto bed and staining the sheets. Other then that, facillities are relatively adequate for the pricing. Staff are warm and friendly.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

Well-located, great facilities, cosy place to stay. We liked the rooftop shower and the open terrace on the 3rd floor where we could relax and talk late into the night. Props to Carson for checking us in at midnight and giving us good advice on transport.

• 6th Jun 2015