Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Very clean place, and very at home feeling. Not the best place if you want to party hard, but very friendly staff and owner. Had a great time with the staff when going out in the evenings. Also, very informative about the local information, especially about restaurants. Very authentic feeling to it inside the place. Definetely would like to come back!

I've had a really nice week here! Free coffee, tea, fruits and even cake. Do I need to expain more? ;) Large common areas, downstairs and on their rooftop. I stayed in the dorm, which was big enough to accomodate at least 8-10 people in bunk beds, but they chose to place just 4 single beds, which I think was a very good decision. Big lockers, aircon, fan, daylight, daily room cleaning and a lot of space in the room. I will stay here again!

Roof top garden was very relaxing at night but would be better if they had a fan since Melaka is a hot place 365 days a year. Many problems with the internet going down. On Check-in the staff were rude when I told them that I needed to exchange money and although I had already paid my deposit they didn’t want me to leave my bag in the room until we had paid. Staff have very limited The owner also runs River View guesthouse where he spends most of his time. It seems strange that there

Great place. We had Room 9 with a private bath which was located on the third floor. The hostel was VERY clean, quiet, and well-run. The kitchen was large and there is a rooftop garden which overlooked the city.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This is one of the better places we stayed in on our trip through Cambodia, Lao, Thailand and Malaysia. There is little to fault with Roof Top Guesthouse. I will be staying there again next year if there is a vacancy when I am in Melaka. If I could suggest one small thing, and that is that one of the two great roof top areas be made into a non-smoker, so that people that don't smoke can also relax in the great area. Great place to stay.

We were greeted with a fresh drink and a sit down with a staff member giving us a quick orientation of Melacca. Snacks courtesy of the house provided were an added bonus. Staff friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and clean. It's quiet so don't expect a party venue! Great accom and excellent location. Highly recommend. Just remember its payment in cash only so bring enough with you to avoid having to make a trip to an ATM as soon as you arrive.

Nice place, clean, quiet, tidy, pretty. Only down point is that the staff was kind of shy, but I realised he had just arrived, so not so many local advice. No computer, laundry by hand only. Good value for money but not so much contact with the other guests.

Don't leave food out in the open. Put in the fridge or ants will likely get to it. Aside from that, the stay was wonderful and the atmosphere was very peaceful.

1 2 Next » last »