Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

Excellent location; very friendly and informative staff; clean; fast Wi-Fi; lovely roof terrace; and best of all, delicious homemade cakes left in the kitchen for the guests everyday! Thanks for making my short visit to Malacca so relaxing.

• 22nd Apr 2014

The 'window' of room 9 was a bit small and the curtains had to remain closed so that nobody from the rooftop was able to look into the room.

lovely place, great staff and a very friendly town

• 19th Apr 2014

I love the guest house. The stuff there is very friendly. The roof top garden is more than beautiful. The location is awesome. It is located in a neighborhood very close to China town and very quiet.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • China

I'm really glad that we decided to stay at the Roof Top Guest House. Our en-suite room had a nice shower and a very comfortable bed. The room was non-smoking too which was very important. The homemade cakes on the kitchen table were an added bonus and the house is in a great location close to all of the historical sites. It was really good value for money and I'd definitely stay there again and would recommend it without hesitation. Use Discovery Cafe round the corner for taxis & bus tickets.

• 17th Apr 2014

The Rooftop guest House is located close to the Chinese area of Malacca and Jonker St, and also the river where you can sit at one of the bars and watch the afternoon go by. Or you can climb the hill to the 15th century church ruins where they buried St Francis Xavier (now relocated). Check out the Chinese cafe on the corner for excellent cheap meals. So, approx 5- 10 minutes walk away from anywhere of interest. We found the staff to be very helpful, the security good, the GH well maintained.

Great little hostel/guesthouse. It is located in Chinatown, which (in my opinion) is the most scenic neighborhood. Short walking distance to main attractions such as Stadhuys (5 mins). Rooms are clean, dorms with separate beds instead of bunk beds. No breakfast but there's coffee and tea, and always cake available during the whole day (which makes for a nice breakfast). Rooftop garden is nice too.

Very kind and helpful young lad working at the desk. Made us feel very welcome. Homemade cakes for guests daily!

• 27th Mar 2014

very good hostel. cheap prices for private room. well located and very friendly staff

Lovely hostel. The staff are lovely and the cake is amazing!

Very quite simply place, very clean. we stayed here for two nights, they were helpful. When eat the cakes made me felt like home. Will come back to stay again if possible.

I had a great stay at Rooftop. The cake was amazing. The location is very good and it was nice to stay in a dorm room with single beds. The garden shower on the rooftop was nice. Wifi was working in the lodge downstairs and most of the time in the room (but not always). The owners are nice and considerate. Bike rental for 10 MYR a day.

EXCELLENT location! Very conveniently located to Jonker St and other nearby attractions. Very calm and peaceful. Delicious cakes, but you have to get the timing right in order to get a piece. There wasn't much fruit provided, so don't expect to make a meal out of it. The only downside was the ants in the kitchen. They seemed to be everywhere! They were all over the counters, and you really had to be careful not to accidentally drink one :P Otherwise a really great hostel!

Very nice place to stay - I especially appreciate the socializing room, terrace, possibility to do hand washing, kitchen and home made pastries. Booked a dorm and the street orientation was ok. Safety lockers provided. The owners are strong personalities.

Great location for the main tourist attractions, cake on arrival was the perfect start. Hostel is kept very clean and has all the facilities you would expect in good working order.

The guest house is clean and near the touristic area. The wifi is great. But the service should be improved. We didn't meet the owner but his son. He always forgot when we should check-out and made some jokes to us which are not funny at all.

Nice hostel with bike rental possibilities. The dorm was pretty big for all the stuff that people were traveling with, and no bunk beds plus big beds, yay :) The receptionist was not always there, but there was a phone line that you could call them if needed. I found it that I might be bothering them so didn't really see them much. The owner's son was helpful though!

Very nice guest house, well located and easy to find. Not much of an atmosphere when I was there but Melaka is generally a laid back area. No breakfast included but often had fruits and muffins for free on the kitchen table. Owners were very nice' had a problem with the bus so arrived at 3am, and they got out of bed to come and open the door for us and do our check in.

I gave the Rooftop Guesthouse high marks because I was looking for relaxing break from the big city and that's what I got. It's a peaceful refuge away from the hubbub of Jonker Street and the night market, but if you're looking for a "party" atmosphere, you may want to look elsewhere.

1 2 Next » last »