Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

I'm really not sure what all the fuss is about...did I stay at the same hostel? I thought the Roof Top hostel was a very simple and clean place but it had absolutely no atmosphere. Most of the time there were no staff around and when I arrived at 9pm there was no one to let me in so i had to walk to a nearby cafe and wait for the guy to finish eating before I could check in. Shower and toilet in the same cubical which is a pet hate of mine. Free cake and fruit was nice but no breakfast. Average!

Nice place to stay, especially room 9.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Russia

Great place to stay!

I stayed at better hostels to be honest. This hostel has a no shoe policy. Thats fine with me if it would be clean to walk everywhere without your shoes on. I found it a bit dirty. Also, you have to use the common showerslippers if you dont want to shower bare-foot. Furthermore, the guy that sits at the desk smells like sweat a little bit. But the van is blowing around this smell around the whole common area. The location is really near everything there is to see in Melaka so thats good!

My favorite part of this hostel was the rooftop garden shower. It's not much but it was nice to shower without a toilet a foot from me and the glass ceiling that allowed me to look at the sky. Will recommend

• 14th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my time and the service. They were really helpful when I needed a taxi booked. The atmosphere was very relaxed. I loved it! I would definitely recommend to others.

Could check in even before the usual time amd there are free muffins from time to time.

Staff almost never available. Clean but sterile atmosphere. Algae growing in sink area. Obsession about no footwear of any kind, even for toilets/showers where plastic slippers of doubtful cleanliness are provided (I used my own shower sandals despite the rules). Air con and a table with chair in the room were appreciated and also good wifi. There are more interesting places to stay in Melaka. Overall, ok for a short stay but nothing special.

I had a great time in Roof Top... I will definitely go back there... I love Melaka.. 😉

Very clean place, and very at home feeling. Not the best place if you want to party hard, but very friendly staff and owner. Had a great time with the staff when going out in the evenings. Also, very informative about the local information, especially about restaurants. Very authentic feeling to it inside the place. Definetely would like to come back!

1 2 Next » last »