Roof Top Guest House and Hostel Melaka Reviews

39, Jalan Kampong Pantai, Melaka, Melaka, Malaysia

I was looking for a nice play to stay and get in contact with other travelers, but this wasn't the place. The 'hostel' only means 1 dormroom with 4 beds. The rest of the place is an guesthouse which is occupied with couples traveling together. The place is nice and clean but not good for partying. I've read a lot about Melaka in the Lonely Planet, I was hoping for a lively city. But I got realy disappointed walking around and visiting the same sights twice. 2 Nights spending in Melaka is enough!

We thank guest for the feedback and for staying with us during his stay. Ours is honestly not a party hostel. We notice that although all 4 beds in the dorm were occupied during guest’s 1st night and 3 beds on the 2nd night and 2 beds on the 3rd night : we are not able to guarantee that single dorm travellers would be able to meet other suitable travellers to communicate with during their stay in the dorm . Thank you once again.

Very well situated. Owners welcoming and helpful. Delightful cake provided for guests and a well equipped kitchen. the hostel toom had good hanging space by each bed and thoughtful adapter provided for charging devices.

• 15th Nov 2013

As other testimony this hostel was very clean adn common area feels like a home. Unfortunately i didn't met Mani during my stay but her husband Raymond was very helpfull by help me order taxi for early departure at 6.30 am Location to interest place is within walk but for me that walk is not my country culture it's still bit far from jonker street. But if anyone asking would you recommend or stay at this hostel on my next visit definitely i say i will.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Indonesia

Lovely guesthouse, spotlessly clean and perfectly central to everything. As someone who usually asks lots of questions I really liked the map and explanation of where to go given to you when you first arrive. I stayed in the dorm room and loved having a single bed rather than a bunk bed. Thanks for all the baked goodies in the morning too, they were such a nice treat.

One of the best Guesthouses, we were so far. Very nice staff and good, free snacks everyday, handmade by host..

• 11th Nov 2013

I will do that myself,thank you.

• 9th Nov 2013

A wonderful place to stay, friendly welcome from hosts, clean spacious dorm room, access to kitchen, breakfast not inc but can have food from table - amazing cake and had bread 1 morning! Less than 5min to Jonker Walk, maybe 10 to Old Town. Key only access to house and room. Umbrellas to borrow for rainy/sunny days! Would 100% recommend to anyone.

best Hostel I ever lived. I forgot the name, but the owner took around 10 minutes to show me the map of melakka and gave good advices. the room was very good. no bunkbeds and comfy linen.

I was so looking forward to staying at this hostel, after reading all the fantastic reviews, which focussed largely on the atmosphere the staff creates. But I didn't receive any warm welcome and never met the owners. I was instead was greeted by the housekeeper who twice showed me out the main door when I asked where my room was (she was lovely, but hardly speaks English). The place was fine, but nothing as fantastic as what I expected after reading other reviews.

The owners were very nice and helpful. The Hotel is very nice, clean and comfortable. A really good hostel that makes you feel at home !!

Perfect place in the heart of china town; this hostel is like a home away from home. The owners are lovely and very helpful and upon check in they give you lots of information about Melaka. The homemade cakes were also a great touch! Highly recommended.

I spent a good stay here (3 nights), very good location, clean, quiet, cake and fruits for free. It's really nice to have separate beds in the dorm (no bunk bed). A glass of lychee juice was offered to me when I checked in :-)

Mani and Raymond were excellent hosts, very warm and helpful, it was a delight to stay with them. It was a home away from home. We enjoyed the availability of the kitchen with tea and coffee making facilities and especially Mani's freshly baked cakes each morning. Thank you Mani and Raymond. We were sad to leave your home, we had such a good stay. Rex and Bev Fettell.

Great guest house, quite high quality for the price. My only complaint would be that the staff are not always at the front desk, unlike some places. But I would say everything else makes up for it.

1 2 3 Next » last »