STF Vandrarhem Stigbergsliden Reviews

Stigbergsliden 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

We had a comfortable stay at the hostel. We arrived late at night, and got directions to the keybox which were easy to follow. However, we were separated with our rooms which was disappointing, but the hostel manager apologised the next morning. We had all paid for sheets, but only half our group were provided with them, and the other 2 of us had to sleep without sheets, and have been told we'll get a refund at some stage. Cute hostel, with a nice outdoor area.

this hostel is a member to the Hosteling International and the price that shows hostelworld is for an HI member, a person who isn't member must pay an additional value.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Colombia

Very clean but atmosphere wasn't really good for meeting people. Staff was helpful and friendly and location was OK. I was able to walk everywhere I wanted (Haga Nygata, Liseberg, etc) although it was a lot of walking.

DOnt stay in teh near carpark.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Wonderful hostel, quite far away from the city center but great for a trip to the islands. Facilities are nice and clean, staff is beautiful

I was amazed how warm and helpful hostel's staff was. They're ecology and footprint oriented, but in a very polite and good way. My go-to hostel for each next visit to Göteborg, definitely.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Poland

It's a nice place, personally I think it's a little bit far from the train station but not that far from some important and nightlife places in Gothenburg, I always saw one guy cleaning so no complaints about cleanliness but also the previous reviews are true, there are not many travelers around 18-20

Clean, spacious dorm room with a sink included. Nice lounge space with sofas and a TV. Well equipped kitchen for using hobs or a microwave, just no oven. Lots of fridge space for storing milk etc, and a netto nearby for getting supplies. Hostel was full of German school kids when me and my friend stayed, but I imagine is peaceful otherwise. The distance into town is walkable, if not very scenic. The lady on reception is friendly and can seemingly speak in any language, it's very impressive!

The staff was excellent but it was exactly as the other reviewers have said. I wouldn't suggest staying here if you're interested in meeting and talking to new people. The rooms were clean and it's great for an inbetween place to stay. It's a over a mile for bus/train station which a little inconvienient to walk to when you don't know how to use the bus system.