STF Vandrarhem Stigbergsliden Reviews

Stigbergsliden 10, Gothenburg, Sweden

Wonderful hostel, quite far away from the city center but great for a trip to the islands. Facilities are nice and clean, staff is beautiful

I was amazed how warm and helpful hostel's staff was. They're ecology and footprint oriented, but in a very polite and good way. My go-to hostel for each next visit to Göteborg, definitely.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Poland

It's a nice place, personally I think it's a little bit far from the train station but not that far from some important and nightlife places in Gothenburg, I always saw one guy cleaning so no complaints about cleanliness but also the previous reviews are true, there are not many travelers around 18-20

Clean, spacious dorm room with a sink included. Nice lounge space with sofas and a TV. Well equipped kitchen for using hobs or a microwave, just no oven. Lots of fridge space for storing milk etc, and a netto nearby for getting supplies. Hostel was full of German school kids when me and my friend stayed, but I imagine is peaceful otherwise. The distance into town is walkable, if not very scenic. The lady on reception is friendly and can seemingly speak in any language, it's very impressive!

The staff was excellent but it was exactly as the other reviewers have said. I wouldn't suggest staying here if you're interested in meeting and talking to new people. The rooms were clean and it's great for an inbetween place to stay. It's a over a mile for bus/train station which a little inconvienient to walk to when you don't know how to use the bus system.

I booked 3 nights, and left after the first night. Shared a room with some older women. the people staying in the hostel were a lot older than me (20+ years older). The hostel itself was good, but I didn't want to stay due to the lack of atmosphere, and as it seemed I was the only one there in my 20's. May just be because it was low season, or poor research on my part

I am not able to check-in because the hostel reception closed on only 10 pm around. I stay in the lobby for a whole night and I cannot find any other hostel available nearby. But the staff keep my luggage on the next day.

This hostel was my first one I have ever stayed at! I'm so glad I chose this one. I had a great experience and both women who worked at the counter were so friendly and so helpful. I met so many international people who always stay in this hostel whenever they come to the area, so it is definitely an all around great hostel.

• 28th Feb 2015