Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I found the dormitory to be a little pricy (roughly 27 US dollars) for the value. They provide a Japanese dancing show for free on Saturdays which is nice and the common room invites to meeting new people. They even have a TV and comfy sofas. I expected a little more of the cleanliness, though, and the kitchen is very small, as are the showers. But by all means: comfy bed and helpful staff!

Decent hostel, maybe it was just the weather but the place seemed a bit cold & grey. Walkway to dorms felt a bit like a prison & the common room was a bit bland. The cleaner kept knocking on the shower door while I was showering. Found out about a great music gig in their foyer so that was a plus, also met some friendly people.

Really satisfied with my stay here. Helpful staff, lots of computers to use and especially loved the "free box" system where you could take unwanted items from previous guests (e.g. shampoo) and add your own if you had leftovers you didn't need to take home at the end of your stay. Luggage storage is very convenient, however it's an open room within the building so not 100% secure. As with all hostels, you have 5 roommates so you can't make noise nearing midnight as they'll be asleep.

Solo traveler Stayed for 3 nights great atmosphere meet plenty of new people Not the closest to the train station but still very walkable. Right near the best temple in Tokyo temple and sketchiest looking theme park

Excellent hostel. The staff where amazing! Roommand bed was good :) About a 15/20 minute walk to asakusa station, but it's a lovely view, so doesn't matter! Big common room and has a great vibe at night time. 100 percent would stay again :)

10 minutes walk to next subwaystation. Very good wifi connection. Friendly staff. Lockers at the room. I was satisfied and would recommand it!

The staff give an amazing service and help!!!!!

I liked this hostel, the staff we're friendly, the place was clean and in a good location for site seeing traditional temples and markets. It was a little far from the large main stations; but, the hostel was located close to the metro line. Large common area was great for relaxing and meeting people.

I forgot how many times I have stayed at The Sakura Hostel !!! Why Am I keep on coming back ?? It's Simply the Best in Tokyo !! The Staff are so caring for everyone's needs . Thank you for your hospitality ! I will be looking forward until we meet again !! Cheers . Happy Valentine's !!!!! Besos !! Alvaro

Extremely basic accommodation, but you get what you pay for. Dorm rooms shared by 6 is tiny and barely enough room for suitcases. Bathrooms small and impossible to not get your clothes wet. We were given fresh sheets when we arrived though and the amenities are very clean. Accommodation is difficult to find on arrival but not too bad once you've got your bearings. Make sure you have a map!

• 24th Jan 2015

Was a lovely hostel with great staff, the option for breakfast was good and the location was great with easy access to the Asakusa temple/shrine. The only downside was the room. It was clean but being bunk beds I was woken up many times with lights being turned on and guest coming in in the early hours (4-5am). I know it's a hostel and to expect it but it just made the whole feel of the hostel go down. Well worth a stay but perhaps not the best if your planning on sleeping lots.

Sakura Hostel is a great value for money. It's super clean, cheap, comfortable and convenient. The best location in Tokyo is Asakusa. It's close to temple, skytree and japanese bar street. I'd definetely recommend !

Very helpful staff. They made excellent dinner recommendations and helped me plan the rest of my trip. Thanks!!

1 2 Next » last »