Sakura Hostel Asakusa Reviews

2-24-2 Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Especially the staff, we're amazing, best location, right next to one of the most amazing shrines.

I really enjoyed my stay. The location was perfect and the cleanliness satisfies me. Its value worth spent, the hostel accepts credit card payment too, which is plus point for me. Kindly note that you need to pay a deposit of 1000yen upon checking in for room key, it'll be return upon check-out. So do bring cash.

Good facilities, good staff, but the common area was just okay and the breakfast is a joke.

Great location, excellent facilities and cleanliness. Dorms a bit squishy, the 8 bed dorm didnt have a lot of space. Each bed though had a privacy curtain and nightlight. Staff extremely helpful. Lot of non-backpackers stayed, like schooltrips and familys but you can meet people. Most importantly, we would defo stay again.

I highly recommend this place for anyone that wants to rest their feet and be close to one of the most iconic places in Tokyo. The staff is friendly and helpful, The rooms are pretty roomy and the bathrooms are quite efficient. If I can, I will use this place again for future visits.

Nice hostel. (-) More space for luggage in your room would be great. (-) Kitch area is also quite small (-) no place to hang wet clothes But all in all I would recommend to stay there.

• 30th Sep 2015

It's an excellent place to stay. superb location. all the staff speak english and are very helpful and polite. The kitchen area is great for those preferring to prepare their own meals. Rooms are small though. No bedside table etc but if you only return to the hostel at night to sleep, its good enough. good view from the balcony.The bathroom /toilets are very very clean. Guests are advised to clean up after using facilities .hostel environment is very tourist friendly. loved my stay there.

This place is perfect. I love it's close to a little of everything. Old Tokyo, Asakusa, is literally just down an alley way. So much good food in the near vincinty. The Sky Tree is pretty close. There's an owl cafe close. There's karaoke right there. Don Quiotes is right there for any needs. The staff are so friendly. If you can do the Sumo tour do it. I love this hostel, I lucked out. I made new life long friends here. From all over the pebble we call the world. Thank u Sakura.

Friendly staff, great common space for hanging out - easy to meet fellow travelers (which can be challenging in Japan!). Hostel staff organized a sumo trip, which was great! The rooms have lockers for valuables and breakfast is 325 yen. I would stay here again.

It is a such a great feeling coming back to the Sakura Hostel where everyone gets treated as a valuable customer ! the facilities are spotless clean , Boys and Girls , we just got new mattresses !! what a great token of hygiene !! Kyoko , you and your staff are the best ! Thank you again for making my Sumo Tournament experience memorable . Miss you and looking forward to see again soon . ALVARO PALACIOS USA / COLOMBIA

Expensive for what they offer compared to the rest of Asia, but then again this is Tokyo...cheap prices can't really be found around here! The staff were super nice and helpful. The AC in our room stopped working and they immediately came to fix it. Good place to meet people. Rooms don't have much ventilation so it gets smelly. Location is awesome with lots of shops and restaurants nearby as well as the amazing Sensoji Temple, the highlight of my time there!

Overall an okay hostel. Very nice staff, they host events you can attend for free and also there is lots of useful information they have around the hostel. Very close to streets of amazing street food/ restaurants. We stayed in the female dorm room and the bunk beds were very creaky, we felt so bad moving around in our beds because it would make sounds. Also, the bathrooms weren't very clean and might need a little updating.

Great hostel, everything what you need - central location, clean, secure, great facilities and staff is the best-always there to help with everything. Thank you for lovely stay :)

Very nice hostel in the middle of Asakusa with great staff and a good atmosphere. There is a big common area on the first floor with lots of chairs, a TV, video games, couches, a kitchen, a cafe, good laundry machines available. Rooms are comfortable. Electronic key lock for the hostel and the rooms. Met good people here. The big shop area is down the road a hundred feet or so and there are a number of restaurants and corner markets around. People here are cool. Staff is helpful.

1 2 Next » last »