San Fermin Reviews

Calle Fermin Calbeton 23, San Sebastian, Spain

Cheapest one we could find, and it was really nice. No Lockers though and sometimes at night you had this really weird smell in our room, otherwise, it was all clean and nice and had hot nice showers and everything.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • Denmark

A young and vibrant place to stay located in a street with plenty of bars! A perfect place for young travellers!

I had a horrible experience at this hostel. Two people in my dorm decided to bring a group of people back to the room at 3am and have a party while I'm trying to sleep only feet away. This was only possible because there was no one working at reception. I went down to try and talk to someone about what was happening but no one was there. I would NEVER stay here again because of what happened. Just terrible.

Good morning , First of all, thank you so much for your review. We are sorry to hear that you had such a horrible experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately, I t is very difficult to be in charge of behavior of all our guests,thats why we have an urgencies telephone number at the reception. Be sure that we take note of this situation and that never will happen again. Once again, we apologise for all the inconveniences caused and we hope to host you in the next future.

A perfect hostel with a great kitchen and terrace upstairs! The rooms were quiet, but the party scene is easily accessible. It's conveniently located in the heart of the Old Town, a short walking distance from the best pubs and tapas restaurants in town. Love this place!

Dear guest, Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to host you next time you will visit San Sebastian. Best Regards,

My friend and I had a great stay at San Fermin, it's very well located in the heart of the old town and very close to the beach. My only complaint would be the water pressure and temperature in our shower was pretty bad and the toilet seat was broken on one side. Staff were friendly and helpful and they stored our luggage once we checked out so we didn't have to carry them all day.

Great hostel right on the main pintxos street of the old town. Good value friendly staff and very quiet given the location.

Feels like they've just opened after renovation so some things I think are going o approve quite a bit. The lack of kitchen and other people in the common area will surely change as they get up and runnin again! But in all a great stay!

Not a great hostel. No lockers, no kitchen, no staff on site after 22h00.

Very good hostel. Great location and friendly staff. Would definitely return!

• 8th May 2014
  • New Zealand

We arrived at the hostel 30 minutes before the closing time written on the door (10:30) but it was closed. No one answered the phone and we had to find a new hostel in the middle of the night. next day we went to the hostel to talk about the unacceptable situation they have put us in, but the receptionist told us to come back in the evening as she needed to talk to management. they charged us for 2 nights despite admitting it was their fault and against t&c.we complained but received no reply!!

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Austria

Nobody was there to check me in, and no one answered the bell, so I had nowhere to sleep...even though they had confirmed by email that they would be there to let me in....HORRIBLE

very small rooms

Incredible location, next door to the best bars and pincho restaraunts in parte viejo. Very friendly staff willing to help you with all of your questions, clean rooms with a WATERFALL SHOWER!!! Best hostel ever would recommend this to anyone and everyone!!!!

• 11th Oct 2013

It's a nice hostel. Comfortable beds etc but there's absolutely no atmosphere. I didn't see a single person the whole time. They don't have a kitchen, they don't have a hang out room. The staff don't really make an effort. But the beds were comfortable and in a great loco. I travelled as a couple but if I was single I'd be pretty lonely/bored

• 24th Sep 2013

Very comfortable rooms, the beds were a bit dudgy but nice place a bit expensive because in a small town..

Can't beat the location, expensive for what it is - no kitchen, no common area etc, but that seems to be the norm in San Seb. One of the ladies on the desk was lovely for our first stay, the second one was absolutely horrible, unhelpful, grumpy and when asked to explain why my friend and i couldn't share a room even though it was empty she yelled at us. Would stay again simply because of the great location amongst the pinchos bars and near both beaches.

the morning afternoon staff lady was lovely, very helpful and generous.

It is not really a hostel more a pension. They are no common rooms, no kitchen, it is hard to get to know other people especially when you travel alone. But good stay and very clean location !

The rooms are too tiny!! We choosed a 6 mixed bedroom and it was like a 10 squared meters!! Only one person could move and the others had to stay in their beds because the space between one bed and the other was too small!

Pro's~ The place is clean