San Fermin Reviews

Calle Fermin Calbeton 23, San Sebastian, Spain

Amazing location and super friendly staff!

Amazing location right in the heart of the old town surrounded by great food and bars and just minutes to the beaches either side. However, it if you are travelling solo and are looking to meet others at the hostel this is probably not the place for it.

Thank you Olivia, Nice to meet you.The true is that the dates you had hosted were a little quiet. We are sure that next time you will meet more people, Best regards,

Not really a place to meet people if you are travelling alone. Bit of a weird set up with such small rooms but a great location.

• 25th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for your review. I think that you came just with the most ones guest went! Usualy we see how the people meet in the common areas, terraze and kitcken. Maybe next time! Sorry if you didn´t enjoy all you hoped!

great location! right in the heart of old town and 5min walk to both beaches

Thank you for your review. We will very happy if you come back in the future!! Cheers

Friendly staff, comfy bed, amazing shower, clean rooms, cute terrace attached to kitchen. There's no lounge and reception isn't always manned so can be inconvenient at times when you need to ask something, Amazing location so close to beaches and right in the middle of old town. The only place to meet people is in the kitchen so not really good for solo travellers although I met a few people. Rooms are a bit tight but a good clean, well located hostel. I would stay here again for sure.

Hi girls! Thank for your good review!! We will try to extend the reception hours... It has been a plesure to host you! Now, enjoy Logroño! ;)

Stayed for 2 nights and wish i could've stayed for longer. Definitaly would recommend this hostel!

• 20th Aug 2015

Nice stay - Would recommend it

• 20th Aug 2015

Great hostel in best area of San Sebastian. Booked last minute during final weekend of festival and after shuffling some things around, were given a private room with extra bed to accommodate the 3 of us. Definitely recommend staying here!!

• 14th Aug 2015

Don't stay here. I arrived to find the door sealed up with police tape. I found an information stand a few blocks away who informed me that this was not a legal, licensed hostel. I was given no advanced notification of the closure and I was not refunded any money. Would not recommend.

Hi Tyler, Firstable, sorry to you and all our guest for last 2 month...because we had to cloose to remodel the hostel because we wanna change the license to a news laws of hostel. Also, during this time we reallocated all or guest in diferent hostels, same caracteristics and nearby. We called and sent you an mail, please look it better.

They do not have 24hr reception here but Carlos was very nice and helpful when we were able to contact him. I was told the hostel was closed due to not having hot water and was relocated to another hostel next door. First night I did not have a set of keys and there was no toilet seat cover. Carlos did everything he could to make us feel comfortable but to have to pay 60 a night without a discount I would not have stayed here if It was not a last minute booking. Location is great though!

Thank you for your review. We sorry for not get to achieve your expectations. The hostel was close and we tryed to host all our guest in another places nearby. Usually, you prefer stay in the old town and those date was very dificult to find beds. The reception is open until 22:00 (sometimes later) but we are always available by phone if you need anything. Thank you so much for your good words about my job. Kisses. Carlos.

I selected back this hostel because I stayed there twice before and it's one of the best quality/location/price place to stay in San Sebastian with a very sympathic girl to welcome us. However when we arrived there, it was closed, the season had not started yet. We finally reach the owner that gave us another hostel address to help us but nothing was at the given address. We finally found something by knocking at few hostel doors. Better check the availability directly on the pension website !

• 25th Apr 2015

After reviewing my credit card statement, I see I was charged the full amount for our disaster of a stay in what barely could be called an apartment (no hot water, no toilet seat, no locks on the large bedroom door, double booked beds, fights with no staff to monitor, etc.).

• 2nd Apr 2015

The guy at the front desk, Carlos, was an absolute delight. Although I paid for an 8 bed dorm, I was moved to a 4 bed and it was great. It included a private bathroom and a nice warm air pump. The hostel is right in the centre of things so it was noisey at night but not unbearable. I was very pleased with the kitchen facilities too. I would recommend San Fermin to anyone!

Staff was really kind! I liked this hostel! ;)

i have stayed 2 nights in San Fermin. It is almost spotless clean, wifi worked very wel, nice hot water shower, big kitchen. The location is right in the old part which is very convenient. However, it doesn't have real common areas for travelers to mingle, only tables and chairs next to the kitchen. The reception desk only opens for limited hours. When I arrived, I couldn't get in, and after I checked out, I couldn't come back to get my stuff. But luckily, the staff helped me out.

Thank you very much. We try to improve our services and front desk timetable for the future. In summer or high season we always work almost 24hs. Best regards,

This is a lovely hostel, excellent facilities, really nice, although rooms are a bit narrow. Although I would not recommend for solo travellers to meet people as the structure doesn't facilitate mingling. However if you are with a group if friends and want good value go here!

Thank you for your review. We are so sorry if you didn´t find too much people. The week you choose to visit our city it´s a bit quiet. We recommend you to come back better season. Regards,

I'm a solo traveler, it's in the middle of the actions but is safe and easy to find which was great seeing I arrived at night. San Sebastián isn't huge so this place being right in the middle makes it really easy and quick to walk to the 2 nearby beaches as well as the train stations. I enjoyed my stay here, pretty social and would definitely return!

They need to be more clear about their limited desk hours, which are highly inconvenient. Also, the staff was late to check us out and the wifi is spotty at best. We thought it was just poor in the rooms, but it was just as bad by the front desk. The rooms were very nice although some of the lockers are in the hallway. The private bathroom was great and everything was clean. The high-security helped me feel secure, but I feel that it prevented socialization.

• 29th Nov 2014

Great location, staff is really helpful, facilities are Ok and always clean (great kitchen, good lockers in bedrooms, nice showers). The only thing I didn't like is that I felt like staying in a hotel, with almost no atmosphere, and a common area that doesn't seem very welcoming and is empty most of the time.

I loved this hostel, but the wifi was very poor, bad reception in rooms... I would look into fixing the issue as its a really big aspect for most travelers these days. It would greatly improve the ratings and general thoughts about the hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7