Sandeman Allen Reviews

40 Inverness Terrace, London, England

Like this place very much, difficult to find free room, but if you did you will find very good time in Sandeman Allen

The hostel is good, but it's probably better for long stays as there are mostly long term residents there. The staff is lovely. The hostel is quite clean. Showers, however, are awful. Nevertheless, for the price I paid it was great!

Great place to stay. Great food provided.

Fantastic

Good location , breakfast and lunch nice, but a hostel with long-term residents, some of them will be nice others not so nice. In room 119, I tried to make conversation with one of the girls ...she was very unfriendly :(

Shower is so small that u can not even bend or get yourself wet completely.it is very difficult to take shower

Really not a fault of the people running the hostel but "regulars" who stay there long terms are a bunch of weirdos. Need a better/larger common room that stays open all day/night instead of everybody cooped up in their own rooms keeping everybody up at nights. Free foods twice a day is great though if only to see struggling wanna-be actors/actresses yapping at each other. Feels like I was in a halfway house. Again, do not fault that to the hostel, which was run with their best intentions.

My stay was blighted by a long stay pensioner who had taken over the communal parts of the room for his own use and forced argumentative conversatiocn on anyone he could ambush. Nightmare.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I was arriving late at the hostel so I emailed prior to arriving to check this was okay and was told it was, that the night porter would check me in. I arrived at the hostel, the front door was locked and someone standing outside who just happened to be staying there let me in otherwise I don't know how I would have got in. There was no night porter. I waited a few minutes until I asked someone passing by where he was, they said he was outside and went to get him. 5 mins later he came.

Great hostel. Good location, rooms are nice, staff are very friendly. Wifi works very well. I would stay here again.

is a friendly leaving hostel for working class like myself

A nice, well run hostel. Staff were nice. Gym is really good, all I would suggest is to add a treadmill, that would make this hostel my no.1 choice in London!. Perhaps take out a cross trainer to make room?

Not a typical youth hostel. Poor atmosphere. Lots of other people staying who are not backpackers. But great value for money. Would stay again, since I'm not too worried about atmosphere & the money I would save would be worth it. Breakfast & dinner was a bonus, but not quality food, but can't complain really, saved like 15-20 pound by staying here

Could not check out before 8am because nobody was there (at 7:30am!) and walk out without my deposit. The women in the room I was in were extremely rude, clearly not travelers. Couldn't do anything more than whisper without getting told to shut up - one tried to move me into the hallway when I was zipping up my suitcase! WiFi is only usable until 11pm :/ Price was good for the location, but the experience was abysmal.

Hello, Our WIFI doesn't stop at 23.00 ! In fact, it does not stop at all ! We still have got your key deposit and we will be happy to refund it to you in cash or on your credit card. Thank you The Management

Reception is not helpful. Very lazy. Didn't tell about the key, around the hostel, about London and so on. I have left my earphone in bedroom so I called to hostel after checked out. But staff didn't work prompt.

Nothing special but really good value for money

This hostel has an amazing location, good price (breakfast and dinner included) and spacious lockers and rooms. But that's all. The restrooms are the most dirty I ever seen and the showers are so small and claustrophobic. I stayed in many hostels but I couldn't have expected something that bad for the restrooms. Never saw something similar. Also, the staff is not friendly at all (except for the managers).

• 1st Jul 2014

The hostel is absolutely great, they are very welcoming. The only thing I didn't like so much, but still I can understand, is the room change they can make. That's on the contract, and they are very organized with it, they send us an e-mail with the number of our new room. But for me didn't work so well, because I went out the two days very early and came back very late. Also, I was saving internet in my phone, so I didn't saw the e-mail, and it was a bit confusing at the beginning.

• 1st Jul 2014

Everything was good. Only one thing that I don't like, it has a small shower room. Room is clean. It is close to underground and you can easily access to anywhere you want to go.

This is a long term resident hostel so for travellers I don't suggest you book here. The location is good, near underground, buses and the park for a more scenic route. The people here are lovely and the meals are large. Overall my stay was pleasant

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7