Sant Jordi Gracia Reviews

c/ Terol 35, Barcelona, Spain

I feel bad for the circumstances of this review - we were doing a trip around Portugal and Spain, and when we got to this hostel - it was completely dead (there was an EDM festival at the same time). The location (it's a metro ride or just over an hour walk) from downtown Barcelona and the beaches made going out at night harder (metros stop at midnight). The last night, there were some people, and we went to dinner, drinks, and the hostel had some sangria.

Wonderful hostel with very friendly staff. The atmosphere was very welcoming and felt more of a family than just a place to stay. Wifi worked great throughout the hostel. Amazing place to stay

I have stayed in quite a few hostels while backpacking in Europe and Sant Jordi Gracia is without a doubt my absolute favorite. If you want high pressure showers, spotless facilities, comfortable beds, a sweet outdoor terrace, the friendliest and most helpful staff possible (shout outs to Mathieu, Bernardo, etc) all in the best neighborhood in Barcelona, Gracia, look no further. Great pub crawls every night with the other five Sant Jordi hostels. I really miss it, and hope to be back soon!

• 10th Jun 2014

Thanks Sant Jordi for making my trip to Barcelona so memorable.! cheers

• 8th Jun 2014

Modern, relaxing yet sociable! Rooms are clean, kitchen has everything you need to cook your own meals and the rooftop living space is perfect for those early morning views of a beautiful area. Gracia is a good location to get away from all the tourists yet still be close to many landmarks such as Park Guell and Sagrada Familia. The hostel guys are nice and helpful whilst many people staying there are keen for a drink and meeting new people. Great hostel to start our trip!

My stay at this hostel was one of the best of my trip. The facilities are amazing and everything very clean. While the hostel is not right in the city centre, the neighbourhood has a much more local vibe, making it more interesting and a little cheaper. It is conveniently located near two metro stations making it easy to venture around the city. The staff were amazing - very helpful and approachable. A special mention to Matheu for all his help and humour! I definitely recommend this hostel!

Wonderful experience. Definitely would stay again!

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The place is clean, the beds are comfy and the roof terrace is lovely. It's in an awesome neighborhood! Not in the city center, but having stayed in the center on a precious trip I would stay in Gracia again in a heartbeat. There are actual locals who live there! It also means grocery stores and restaurants are cheaper. Barcelona is an amazing city and I will definitely stay at Sant Jordi when I return :)

This was a great hostel! Gracia is a really cool area to stay in, the staff were really fun, and the hostel was comfortable and really cool. Highly recommend!

Great staff. Great atmosphere. Very clean and a good time

Good location, friendly staff and a clean enough hostel, only draw back is the bed bugs, pretty big draw back to be fair. A few girls arrived and changed rooms as they found bed bugs in every bed they were offered. A bit of hassle having boys and girls toilets on different floors but not a major problem.I would recommend the hostel in terms of location and service but would like hope the bed bug problem would get sorted before recommending to anyone else.

This hostel really made my stay in Barcelona memorable. I made such great friends there and the staff was my favorite of all hostels that I've been to. I felt like I knew everyone for much longer than I actually had, and even though we booked for 3 days we ended up staying for 5 and didn't want to leave. Thanks Pablo and Bernardo and everyone else for making us feel at home in Barcelona. I will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Barcelona and I hope the staff remains unchanged.

The place is great for solo travellers. Homely vibe. Open plan kitchen and communal area. The wireless doesn't work properly but you just need to connect to as many wifi spots as possible, then it works fine. Stayed here for Primavera, it was about 1 hour to work back by foot from the festival. Not too bad.

The beds and the rooms were all quite nice. The hostel is a in a good location, with a central metro close by. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I also find it quite useful that you can store your luggage for free. The only issue I had were the setups of the bathrooms. There are only a few on each floor, and the bathroom is right by the mirrors, so it is a bit awkward. I also thought they could have been cleaned more often. Other than that, I found everything pleasant.

We've stayed at many different hostels across Spain and this one was by far the best. It's quiet enough that you can relax if you choose to, but there are social activities planned every night so you can meet others as well. Great location (cool restaurants and shops nearby), friendly staff, clean, comfortable, and absolutely perfect. Shoutouts to Andrea, Bernardo and Pablo for making our stay so memorable! You guys are awesome and we miss you already.

This hostel is AMAZING!!! I highly recommend it to anyone going to Barcelona. They organize bar crawls and give restuarant recommendations as well as answer all of your questions. The staff is amazing and I would go back again in a heartbeat!

This is the second Sant Jordi Hostal I have stayed at and they were bpth great! The staff was very helpful and neighborhood was really cool, although not close to the city center. Good Job guys!

Very clean and the staff was welcoming and quite helpful. Lockers and rooms seemed secure. It was a great hostel to come back to after long days out. The atmosphere was a little less social than I had hoped but the staff does a good job in organizing activities and nights out. The location isn't the best but it is close to two key metro lines. I will definitely think about staying here again next time I'm in Barcelona.

Experiences are defined by the people you share them with and at Sant Jordi Gracia, you will meet amazing individuals. There's Mathieu, monsieur tall, dark and handsome. His looks are matched by his caring and funny personality with the bonus French accent. Then there's Mark whose pants are tighter than the gaps between your teeth. They may hinder him from running but they don't limit him from being a wonderfully funny person. The rest of the staff just as great, seriously, you need to stay here

• 27th May 2014

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed at! I would return in a heartbeat! The staff was absolutely amazing, so much fun and made you feel completely at home. I was traveling alone and got to know other people instantly. The location is perfect because it is a bit removed the touristy areas, quiet but yet so many cool bars and shops close by. The hostel is clean and has a beautiful kitchen and lounge. Also very secure lockers. I wish I could have stayed another month!

• 25th May 2014