Sant Jordi Gracia Reviews

c/ Terol 35, Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel! The staff are awesome, always willing to give you info and great for partying. Rooms and bathrooms very clean and reasonably spacious. Garcia is also a great area to stay. Loved it here and would definitely stay again.

The town of Gracia is such a neat place to be-filled with vibrant culture and nice for just hanging out with locals in town squares. The hostel is very modern and the facilities pretty new. Liked that we only had to carry one card to get into building/room/locker. I had an "interesting" experience with an overly drunk roommate but the staff there were great and took extra care of me. They are all very personable and helpful. Nice patio area to hang out on.

Great area, not too touristy. It is full of tapas places, bars, shops. The hostel itself was very nice, one of the better ones we have stayed at in Europe. The common areas downstairs are a good size, and good place for meeting people. The kitchen has good facilities. Bedrooms are very clean and the air-conditioning means a good night sleep. The lockers are key card operated and nice and big. The bathrooms are clean and nice hot showers. Do the pub crawl too!

Good stay overall for the price. Checkin was later than advertised, shower had foul smell, only 1 computer for the guests.

• 15th Jul 2014

Sant Jordi was the best hostel i stayed during my trip, thank you so much guys! Great atmosphere, great location and wonderful people. A special thanks to Marc, Bernard and Catarina. Hope to come back soon. Catalunya!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed at in Europe. Excellent facilities (laundry, kitchen, beds, wifi etc) with a really fun atmosphere generated by the staff and the activities they plan for the hostel, all for a very reasonable price for Barcelona.

This hostel might not be in the city centre, but it is in the heart of Gracia, which is one the coolest areas to be in Barcelona - there's cheap mojitoes, really cool plazas and great local food and none of the tourist touts which you'll find in the centre. The nearest metro is 10 minutes walk and from there you can access everything the city has to offer. Other positives about the hostel: room lockers - use your keycard to access it, organised nights out and activities. Well worth a stay!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.The staff makes a huge effort to get people to meet each other, which is helpful while traveling alone. I recommend going on the bar crawls and participating in sangria or paella night. In addition, each person has a huge locker for storage and the bathrooms are large and clean. The bathrooms are shared, but I never had an issue with having time to shower or use the toilet.

This place was outstanding. We were most impressed with the relationships we formed so quickly with the staff. Specifically Bernardo and Matieu. They were friendly, professional, outgoing, and I loved getting to spend time with them. This Hostel is the perfect place to feel a sense of community among travelers from all over the world. From the Sangria parties to the bar crawls we all stuck together and had an amazing time.

• 14th Jul 2014

Located in the lovely district of Gràcia, this hostel is easily accessible by two nearby Metro station, Joanic (L4) and Fontana (L3). There are lots of restaurants nearby and are just minutes away from the famous avenue in Barcelona, Passeig de Gràcia. I stayed in a 6 beds dorm and each bed get its own plug socket. Lockers are free and you don't have to use your own lock, instead your room key card is used to access the locker.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

This is one of those great Hostels where everything is almost perfect. I could nitpick for the cost of doing laundry but I guess it is comparable to commercial services. The Hostel seems to be directed towards backpackers seeking for social interaction but it is not a noisy party hostel. The neighborhood is very nice and authentic and away from city's tourist and party areas. For bicycle travellers this is an excellent choice because you get your bike into safety. Not the best for sleeping only.

I loved sant jordi from the moment I stepped inside. The staff is incredibly helpful and welcoming as this was my first time staying in a hostel. I like the group dinners in the hostel that are very cheap! The best paella I had was at sant jordi and it only cost 5 euros. The people staying in sant jordi also made it a great atmosphere because most people were really outgoing. I liked the cool pub crawls and free club entry that we got as sant jordi guests. I would stay here again in a heart beat

Last week I stayed at SJ Gracia while travelling/photographing (see lucy_la_fleur Instagram for photos). I experienced the SJ hostels (I stayed in a few) to be the cleanest, cheapest (but above all) coolest hostels I have stayed in yet. More specifically a shout out to Marc from SJ Gracia.Marc is an absolute asset to your company and essential in creating an unforgettable Sant Jordi experience. His exceptional level of performance and professionalism helped SJG stand out above the rest.

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Atmosphere was great, staff was amazing, location was perfect, very clean and very big free lockers. The location is just outside of the center, but it's only 3 metro stops to get there. The Gràcia area is very nice, so don't just overlook this area and only focus on the center. The daily activities in the hostel are great. Went on the pub crawl every night of my stay and it was the best. Traveled solo, but was never alone as it felt like one big family.

Definitely recommend it to anyone travelling by themselves or in a group! Staff are so friendly and helpful and it's one of the best hostels we stayed in.

This is the best hostel. It is SO clean, spacious, and comfy. The common areas have a great atmosphere. I was traveling alone and I met some amazing people! The owners are also so helpful and friendly. They organize really cool events (not just free pub crawls and sangria nights, but those are great as well). It is a bit out of 'town,' but I love Gracia! Such a hip little neighbourhood. You can also get sleep here if you are not looking to party all the time!

I loved Sant Jordi Gracia! It was perfect for me traveling by myself- everyone there was incredibly friendly and it was easy to join in with the others who were also staying there for pub crawls etc. Staff are all really helpful, it's in a great area and has a fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

Amazing hostel and experience, the hostel allowed and fostered a positive and fun social experience between the guests staying there. While at the same time kept the premises clean and safe. Furthermore the staff were exceedingly helpful when giving directions or suggesting things to do around the city.

Beautiful facilities, modern, clean, comfortable beds. Nightly pub crawls were great way to meet people, as was the common area. Easy to cook for self if needed. Mostly, though, FANTASTIC location. Gracia is perfect for travelers who want to get away from most tourists, as the neighborhood is filled with mostly locals: older generations and the young bohemian. Neighborhood is bustling with life, music, bars, restaurants, shops-- the plazas nearby are great for relaxing.

The best hostel that I have visited, hands down! It was the perfect mix of relaxation and fun. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is chill and welcoming during the day and vibrant at night. It is a great place for anyone who was traveling alone like me or in group. The facilities are amazing: big lockers with easy locks, not huge rooms, great wifi, clean, very nice showers. Also, Gracia is a wonderful neighborhood, esp if you are looking for a true Spanish feel. I wish I didn't have to leave!

• 24th Jun 2014