Sant Jordi Gracia Reviews

c/ Terol 35, Barcelona, Spain

I loved Sant Jordi Gracia! It was perfect for me traveling by myself- everyone there was incredibly friendly and it was easy to join in with the others who were also staying there for pub crawls etc. Staff are all really helpful, it's in a great area and has a fun atmosphere. Would definitely stay there again!

Amazing hostel and experience, the hostel allowed and fostered a positive and fun social experience between the guests staying there. While at the same time kept the premises clean and safe. Furthermore the staff were exceedingly helpful when giving directions or suggesting things to do around the city.

Beautiful facilities, modern, clean, comfortable beds. Nightly pub crawls were great way to meet people, as was the common area. Easy to cook for self if needed. Mostly, though, FANTASTIC location. Gracia is perfect for travelers who want to get away from most tourists, as the neighborhood is filled with mostly locals: older generations and the young bohemian. Neighborhood is bustling with life, music, bars, restaurants, shops-- the plazas nearby are great for relaxing.

The best hostel that I have visited, hands down! It was the perfect mix of relaxation and fun. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is chill and welcoming during the day and vibrant at night. It is a great place for anyone who was traveling alone like me or in group. The facilities are amazing: big lockers with easy locks, not huge rooms, great wifi, clean, very nice showers. Also, Gracia is a wonderful neighborhood, esp if you are looking for a true Spanish feel. I wish I didn't have to leave!

• 24th Jun 2014

Great location, great staff. Thought I'd be there for 3 days, wound up staying a week.

Sant jordi Gracia is the perfect hostel, it's just the right size so you get to know the super chilled out and helpful staff and most of the people staying in the hostel. In an ideal neighbourhood close to bars and restaurants and merely a short metro ride to the city Centre. Comfy beds are the shizz and everything is as clean as can be!

• 19th Jun 2014

Like their tag line says, Sant Jordi is more than a hostel, it's a life experience. The staff and community from this hostel can't be beat, with regular events, pub crawls, and cheap alcohol(!). Bike rental available, although I'd only recommend biking in BCN if you are experienced in urban biking. Amazing location in bohemian neighborhood, market just steps away. Incredible security, best I've ever seen.

The best hostel I've stayed in so far on my trip in Europe. The hostel has a mix of friendly & knowledgable staff, a fun social atmosphere, Great facilities (a light at each bunk, sun deck, kitchen), and nightly activities to make it easy to meet fellow travellers. The Gracia neighbourhood is away from the main party areas and beach, but it benefits from being surrounded by cheaper stores and restaurants and is only a 6 minute walk to the metro. I really have nothing bad to say about this place.

Nice hostel in a trendy, quiet area of Barcelona- bit of a hike into town but close metro stations. Nice rooms, kitchen, bathroom ect- not the most social place i've been to and apparently the pub crawl isn't good value but friendly vibes nonetheless

I really enjoyed the location of the hostel! It wasn't touristy at all and there were lots of great restaurants and cafes within walking distance. The hostel itself was very clean and I was grateful to have a big locker to myself right in the room (for free!). Mathieu who worked at reception was so so helpful and nice as well.

• 17th Jun 2014

This was a great hostel to stay in! The atmosphere was great and everyone was very friendly and social. We were there for a week and met a ton of wonderful new friends. Andrea and Pablo were both wonderful and so helpful! (But don´t ask Pablo to open difficult jars for you ;)) The pub crawls were fun, but if you plan to go make sure you either bring a map with you or will be willing to take a taxi, as staff who takes you to the bar are off work at 2 and therefore may not give you directions home

I feel bad for the circumstances of this review - we were doing a trip around Portugal and Spain, and when we got to this hostel - it was completely dead (there was an EDM festival at the same time). The location (it's a metro ride or just over an hour walk) from downtown Barcelona and the beaches made going out at night harder (metros stop at midnight). The last night, there were some people, and we went to dinner, drinks, and the hostel had some sangria.

Wonderful hostel with very friendly staff. The atmosphere was very welcoming and felt more of a family than just a place to stay. Wifi worked great throughout the hostel. Amazing place to stay

I have stayed in quite a few hostels while backpacking in Europe and Sant Jordi Gracia is without a doubt my absolute favorite. If you want high pressure showers, spotless facilities, comfortable beds, a sweet outdoor terrace, the friendliest and most helpful staff possible (shout outs to Mathieu, Bernardo, etc) all in the best neighborhood in Barcelona, Gracia, look no further. Great pub crawls every night with the other five Sant Jordi hostels. I really miss it, and hope to be back soon!

• 10th Jun 2014

Thanks Sant Jordi for making my trip to Barcelona so memorable.! cheers

• 8th Jun 2014

Modern, relaxing yet sociable! Rooms are clean, kitchen has everything you need to cook your own meals and the rooftop living space is perfect for those early morning views of a beautiful area. Gracia is a good location to get away from all the tourists yet still be close to many landmarks such as Park Guell and Sagrada Familia. The hostel guys are nice and helpful whilst many people staying there are keen for a drink and meeting new people. Great hostel to start our trip!

My stay at this hostel was one of the best of my trip. The facilities are amazing and everything very clean. While the hostel is not right in the city centre, the neighbourhood has a much more local vibe, making it more interesting and a little cheaper. It is conveniently located near two metro stations making it easy to venture around the city. The staff were amazing - very helpful and approachable. A special mention to Matheu for all his help and humour! I definitely recommend this hostel!

Wonderful experience. Definitely would stay again!

This is by far the best hostel I've stayed in! The staff were super friendly and helpful. The place is clean, the beds are comfy and the roof terrace is lovely. It's in an awesome neighborhood! Not in the city center, but having stayed in the center on a precious trip I would stay in Gracia again in a heartbeat. There are actual locals who live there! It also means grocery stores and restaurants are cheaper. Barcelona is an amazing city and I will definitely stay at Sant Jordi when I return :)

This was a great hostel! Gracia is a really cool area to stay in, the staff were really fun, and the hostel was comfortable and really cool. Highly recommend!