Sant Jordi Gracia Reviews

c/ Terol 35, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel really made my stay in Barcelona memorable. I made such great friends there and the staff was my favorite of all hostels that I've been to. I felt like I knew everyone for much longer than I actually had, and even though we booked for 3 days we ended up staying for 5 and didn't want to leave. Thanks Pablo and Bernardo and everyone else for making us feel at home in Barcelona. I will definitely be staying here next time I'm in Barcelona and I hope the staff remains unchanged.

The place is great for solo travellers. Homely vibe. Open plan kitchen and communal area. The wireless doesn't work properly but you just need to connect to as many wifi spots as possible, then it works fine. Stayed here for Primavera, it was about 1 hour to work back by foot from the festival. Not too bad.

The beds and the rooms were all quite nice. The hostel is a in a good location, with a central metro close by. All the staff are very friendly and helpful. I also find it quite useful that you can store your luggage for free. The only issue I had were the setups of the bathrooms. There are only a few on each floor, and the bathroom is right by the mirrors, so it is a bit awkward. I also thought they could have been cleaned more often. Other than that, I found everything pleasant.

We've stayed at many different hostels across Spain and this one was by far the best. It's quiet enough that you can relax if you choose to, but there are social activities planned every night so you can meet others as well. Great location (cool restaurants and shops nearby), friendly staff, clean, comfortable, and absolutely perfect. Shoutouts to Andrea, Bernardo and Pablo for making our stay so memorable! You guys are awesome and we miss you already.

This hostel is AMAZING!!! I highly recommend it to anyone going to Barcelona. They organize bar crawls and give restuarant recommendations as well as answer all of your questions. The staff is amazing and I would go back again in a heartbeat!

This is the second Sant Jordi Hostal I have stayed at and they were bpth great! The staff was very helpful and neighborhood was really cool, although not close to the city center. Good Job guys!

Very clean and the staff was welcoming and quite helpful. Lockers and rooms seemed secure. It was a great hostel to come back to after long days out. The atmosphere was a little less social than I had hoped but the staff does a good job in organizing activities and nights out. The location isn't the best but it is close to two key metro lines. I will definitely think about staying here again next time I'm in Barcelona.

Experiences are defined by the people you share them with and at Sant Jordi Gracia, you will meet amazing individuals. There's Mathieu, monsieur tall, dark and handsome. His looks are matched by his caring and funny personality with the bonus French accent. Then there's Mark whose pants are tighter than the gaps between your teeth. They may hinder him from running but they don't limit him from being a wonderfully funny person. The rest of the staff just as great, seriously, you need to stay here

• 27th May 2014

Quite possibly the best hostel I have ever stayed at! I would return in a heartbeat! The staff was absolutely amazing, so much fun and made you feel completely at home. I was traveling alone and got to know other people instantly. The location is perfect because it is a bit removed the touristy areas, quiet but yet so many cool bars and shops close by. The hostel is clean and has a beautiful kitchen and lounge. Also very secure lockers. I wish I could have stayed another month!

• 25th May 2014

This hostel is AMAZING. Party Boy Bernardo and Pablo who both work there are so great. The spaces are perfect, and Gracia is the best neighborhood in Barcelona. I can't wait to go back!

I absolutely loved Sant Jordi Gracia. The staff are incredibly nice and willing to answer any and all questions. The home-like layout downstairs makes it really easy to meet people in a relaxed environment. There are optional activities with the hostel every night (sangria night, pub crawl, etc) which is great if you are traveling solo. The staff and everyone staying in the hostel were so happy and nice and it really made my experience something to remember.

We loved the staff! From the moment we locked eyes with the dreamy, long eye-lashed Fabio, we instantly fell in love. We have said "I miss Fabio" at least 10 times a day (we know you miss us too). After he almost made us miss our flight, Marc, a more attractive, older and wiser version of Fabio (with a fuller set of hair) came to our rescue. More points: Andrea is amazing and needs more day shifts (great butterfly kisses). Dragon logo is the worst. Add us on facebook! Love, Snoopy and Emma

• 22nd May 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed at. I knew it the moment I walked through the door. Their facilities are pristine - cleanest showers of any hostel I've been at and there are lockers in each room for each guest staying there. The hostel is small enough where it feels like everyone staying there is a part of one big family. The evening activities are great and the staff is amazing. I only wish I could have stayed here longer.

This hostel is great. I've stayed in multiple Sant Jordi locations. You can expect quality from them. Great location, very clean, strong wifi throughout, unpretentious, helpful staff. Matheiu is particularly great! I would stay there again and again, and I've stayed in hostels all over Europe and the States.

Really nice, modern hostel. Rooms and bathrooms are clean. There is no breakfast, but there is a large kitchen and a few shops/cafes around the hostel. 10 mins walk to metro. Some activities organised in the evening, although I think the little bar crawl we did there was a bit chaotic and only visited 1 bar and then to a club, both in city centre. Would be nice to go near the hostel too. Staff very helpful and polite. Overall a great experience and lots of other travellers to meet in the hostel.

Many components of the hostel were fantastic (atmosphere / staff / Fantastic location) i had been living in Barça for 3 months prior and Gracia is my favourite area of the city. Facilities are a little limited (no freezer and limited fridge space). The food nights were typically of a good quality and well fascilitated. Having something similar for breakfast there would be great (at the moment its make your own). Special thanks to Pablo.

Awesome experience in staying at St Jordi, Staff people really rocks !!! Keep up the good work !!

• 16th May 2014
  • India

Sant Jordi Gracia was an amazing experience. We really loved the free pub crawl altho we only did it once because we wanted to hit a super big night club. Party boy Jordan deff sets the mood tho. Every night they have some kind of social bonding like sangria night which was delicious and its all pretty cheap. The showers are shared, 2 on each floor but never seemed to be a problem. They have a great common area with a kitchen living room with comfy beanbag chairs and about 6 computers for use

• 15th May 2014

We had an incredible stay, the staff was so outgoing, friendly and helpful. This hostel was the highlight of our stay in Barcelona, could not recommend it more.

It was an amazing Hostel, definitely the best of my trip and would recommend it to everyone.