Sant Jordi Mambo Tango Reviews

Poeta Cabanyes 23, Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel, staff was great and very helpful. Optional activities were great to quickly meet people and explore the city. Anytime again.

• 18th Jun 2014

Awesome hostel in Barcelona! Good location about a 10 min walk La Rambla. The atmosphere is great, with a variety of events planned throughout the week. When I was there, they had a classic Brazil meal night and a pasta night for like 2-5 Euroes. The pub crawl is mediocre, especially because our leader had no idea what she was doing and led us to random bars, but it's free and you meet up with other Sant Jordi hostels. Facilities are decent, but showers could be better. Enjoyed my time at Mambo!

Staff was so awesome and so friendly had such a great time. Have already recommended to others.

This hostel was exactly what a hostel should be. Clean, safe and in a great location! I like how they have individual lockers with locks right in your room. I saw the cleaning person cleaning all the time. This place is also located smack-dab in the middle of many amazing tapas bars. Me and a friend went tapas hopping and had a blast. They even had a staff member organizing a bar crawl for hostel stayers (if that's your thing). All in all a hassle-free place to lay one's head down.

• 9th Jun 2014

We loved Mambo Tango!! The rooms and bathrooms were clean and cozy and the common area in the basement was a great place to hang out and chill. The staff went above and beyond to include everyone during the sangria night and we had a really great time going on a pub crawl with them. The perfect place to stay if you are looking for a scene a bit more chill than a party hostel but still with a great social atmosphere!

Maxi, Oriol and Cacao are the best hosts. I always book with Sant Jordi when I stay in Barcelona. Extremely helpful staff that will make you feel at home.

I had a wonderful time here. If you are traveling alone this is the perfect one, plus they have a pub crawl every night. It is not too large so it is not crowded and it is very clean. Aside from the guests the staff is awesome too. Cacau will answer any of your questions in the morning over some freshly squeezed juice, while at night you can chat and have some drinks with Oriol and Maxi who are the coolest guys ever or go out with Carina who is a sweetheart. Definitely recommend this stay.

Really nice hostel with good and clean facilities. The people at the reception are really friendly and helpful. Good crowd. I would definitely recommend it.

This was an amazing hostel. The staff are very friendly and actually care about your needs, or they're just happy to chat! They arrange events every night so you can meet others in the hostel, and arrange their own free bar crawl each night. The beds were really comfortable and our room had it's own little balcony overlooking the street which was really nice.

This hostel had a really friendly feeling, and the staff definitely made it a great place to stay. They were so helpful and great to just chill out and chat to. I'd definitely recommend this place to solo travellers in particular, as you never feel lonely here. Thanks guys!!

Sant Jordi is the best! The staff at Mambo Tango were so helpful and let me keep my stuff there as I jumped from hostel to hostel because due to no vacancy from the Primavera festival. The best part of Sant Jordi is the events every night including nightly pub crawls where you meet up with the other 4 Sant Jordis and we would roll into the club 80-140 deep. I can't wait to go back and have all my nights there!

This was by far the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are friendly and fantastic. They have something planned every night and I made some great friends and had some great memories from Barcelona because of them!

This hostel is fantastic, I would definitely stay there again. Facilities are modern and always kept clean, and the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. I felt at home here very quickly. Giovanni on the desk was a legend, helping me book activities and cooking for us in the evening. The Brasilian girl, whose name I don't remember, was also lovely. The evening entertainment was a highlight. We ate well, drank well, and I had three great nights out in a row! Stay here!

• 27th May 2014

Amazing hostel with very very kind and friendly staff! Would stay there again for sure!

I had a great time at Sant Jordi Mambo Tango ( Paral-lel Branch) : very courteous and kind staff . Felt the hotel was very well located from shopping, tube station, park, good restaurants, everything in walk-able distance. I have enjoyed and had a pleasant stay during one week . Big thanks to Giovanni , Cacao , Maxi , the Italian guy who worked during the night and the housekeeping girl from Brasil , all of you were a big help guiding on trips. I would love to return to this hostel again!!

We stayed in one of the upper apartments and felt completely disconnected from the rest of the hostel. While it was nice and quiet it was a pain to go in and out of the complex. Sharing one bathroom with 6 - 12 people is NOT a good thing. The shower curtain didn't fit the tub so after a few showers the floor was sopping wet. There were ants all over the kitchen counter and floors. The basement was nice but it's an awkward layout. Having more common space would improve my rating.

Loved my stay here!

Thank you so much for an excellent experience!

• 23rd May 2014