Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

숙소 찾기불편하고 시설자체도 깨끗한편은 아닌데 조식도 제공 해주고 역이랑 가깝구 암스테르담 물가자체가 높아서 싸게 잘머무르고온 것같아요 단기로머무실거라면 나쁘지않아요

first 4 bed dorm was very small and no place for a large bag, lockers were too small, but i got moved to 4 dorm with on-suite and this was much better although also more expensive..excellent location and relaxed place to stay..no hassles about religion...i have and would recommend it again..

Good! I'd definately go back again!

There should be a table in each room. And places on the wall there to put things.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • Finland

Really enjoyed my stay, a little hard to find at first but once you know where it is you won't forget! Staff are super really would stay here again :)

• 1st Sep 2014

I stayed at the Shelter for three nights and I was very impressed with everything. The staff are amazing with helping you where to go, what to do, and the best ways to go about it all. They are very friendly to just stop by and chat with too. Location is great, free breakfast, beds are comfortable, and there is a beautiful courtyard inside. They have security precautions to make it feel like a haven. The staff are real Christians, so it's pretty cool to see them being the light.

Warm and frienly ambient, I will come back!

I really appreciated the place, it was not easy to find safe and cheap place where to stay for one night. My room was too small, but for 1-2 nights it's ok. There's possibility to lock your baggage and the day after checkout leave it in reception Breakfast is ok but.limited. I was happy with shelter.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Ukraine

Great people, great place!!!

Very friendly staff, security very high, breakfast was OK, in the city centre which, not so quiet if you have a room looking on a street as in my example and if you are looking for a quiet sleep communicate with the hostel. The only problem was very rude and ignorant persons in my room for two days. Otherwise, staying in the hostel is a good deal.

maybe if more lockers and keys on the doors where provided, would be better (I mean, safer) and the showers aren't that good (water doesn't flow as should be) . though, there is a great breakfast (espresso, capuccino, eggs, nutella...) and the location is excellent (very near to central station and all the main Amsterdan turistic atractions)

As soon as my friends and I walked I. The door we were greeted with a smile. The staff were excellent and very helpful, the food was amazing and the atmosphere was both so much fun and full of kindness. I have already recommend this place to my friends! It's in the heart of Amsterdam's nightlife and culture, if you go to Amsterdam - Go here!

Although I am agnostic I felt really well in this Christian hostel in Amsterdam's red light district. The staff consists of ambitious and helpful volunteers, so I was given an additional blanket for the night. Breakfast was good, but you have to choose between bread with ham & cheese OR Müsli OR hot breakfast. If you choose Müsli, again you have to choose either banana OR apple OR orange. Anyway, the meals are good and affordable. The hostel's highlight is a garden outside with a fish pond.

Could not be more central, lovely people, very clean. Couldn't ask for any more, would definitely stay there again.

• 27th Aug 2014

Nice hostel, central location, had problems with wifi in room, friendly staff.

Be sure u re not looking for fun if u go there.

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

This hostel is really close to the city centre. Nice breakfast and nice staffs.

It has great location, very good atention. I really enjoyed stayed at this hostel. Too many stairs though, but everything else was great!

Really lovely hostel I have stayed here before. a good location and easy to find. Just long waits for the female toilets in the morning otherwise no complaints apart from the showers that could be cleaner. The cat is sweet! ;-)

• 23rd Aug 2014

The hostel is located in red light area, heart of amsterdam. Staff was ok and did not give much info. It was a hostel only for sleeping. No smoke/drink within hostel. Open lockers so you need to get your own locks, or buy from staff for 4 euros. Only good thing was location and free breakfast, no curfew. The hostel can be avoided. Won't recommend unless you are only interested in being in red light area :)