Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

what a nice and peaceful place!

• 5th Oct 2014

The staff were very nice and the location in Amsterdam is great. It has all of the facilities a backpacker needs and the option of a hot berakfast is very nice. If you are looking for just a nice place to stay with no party atmosphere then I would recommend it.

Amazing group of volunteers! Thank you so much for charging my kindle :) Great location to everything I wanted to see in Amsterdam. The staff was very informative and friendly even during hectic checkout. The breakfasts were amazing, thank you for the pancakes and french toast :)!!!

Extremely good location. Friendly staff and they cook good meals if you want something cheap. I think there were too many beds in the room for its size.

Can't find one thing, that was not OK. Location is great, very central, breakfast is nice, they even serve free dinner on Friday... Great hostel!

Nice location and quiet. But during sleeping, if you open the window, you can hear some noise. But it does not matter because of othe perfect things

Nice atmosphere with helpful people. If I go back to Amsterdã of course that will stay in Shelter City. Thanks a lot! Isabel.

• 2nd Oct 2014

Highly recommended hostel. Great location!! As a female travelling alone, I felt quite safe in this hostel. There is a beautiful garden with a koi fish pond where you can hang out or eat your breakfast. It is very quite despite being right in the centre of town where all the actions are.

Great place! Breakfast included and staff is really nice and helpful! Easy to find, tubestation close. Walking distance to the city center. Great waffelplace next to the hostel!

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Finland

I love here. People works there are taking good care of me. The most friendly hostel ever!

the staff was very nice. everytime we passed them they were smiling for us and say hi. the breakfast was good.

• 29th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Best hostel I've ever been to. Loved the garden and the friendly and welcoming atmosphere. And Oliver the cat (who is actually a girl) :)

• 28th Sep 2014

Great location in the red light district. They ask for your stay receipt so they know you stay there which is good security. Stayed 2 nights but only slept once as Amsterdam has an awesome nightlife on weekends. Lots of all night parties! Weekdays seem a lot quieter.

• 26th Sep 2014

I had a great time in shelter city and I have nothing to complain about it. Everything was perfect!

• 26th Sep 2014

Friendly staff, good location, recommend to stay

I have to give such a good report because I believe that you try to be good in all you do. As soon as I entered the centre I felt how pleased The Lord is with this work and it touched me deeply. You are The Light of the world to that community. I witnessed God doing things in a number of peoples lives and I am so excited. I plan to come back to you and would like to bring one or two of children with me to work and preach Christ throughout the city. Love to you all in Jesus Name

• 23rd Sep 2014

Everything was great! But the wifi connection is poor!

• 22nd Sep 2014

Modest, but however, possibly one of the best places in Amsterdam you could go to. You get very much in return for your money. Very nice staff and a lot of other mostly open minded backpackers from all across the world. Really enjoyed my stay!

• 21st Sep 2014

We enjoyed staying in this hostel, security level is on the highest level and the atmosphere is great! Breakfast they served is really the best! :)

Just a really, really great place to stay in Amsterdam! :) Oh, and than there's this Johanna at the reception