Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Poor ventilation. The intense summer heat makes sleeping and staying inside unbearable.

I'm on this hostel for the second time and I'm as happy as last time. So for me it is the best Option when I am in Amsterdam!

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

I ve been in this hostel for the second time. If next year I ll be in Amsterdam again, I ll be back here again. Thanks

great company even for guests not interested a lot in religion

Excellent place!

It's located in near amsterdam central station, you can get to there easy.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Japan

The Hostel was very good for the money ! Very good facilities with a cool kitchen where you can chill on the garden and meet people. The rooms and internet were quiet ok. i just think they have to invest a little bit more in the cleaning because the hostel is really big and people dont really rspect much. localization is perfect. Good hostel :)

Smallest rooms and bathrooms in any hostel I've been to.

The hostel was ok. The staff was nice. The location is great. Right in the red light district. But not the most exciting hostel to be at.

Good location, friendly staff

Close to metro

My ipad was stolen and nobody gives me attention

Issues: No charging points in the room(1 for 16 persons). Lack of space, not worth the money paid. Positives: Nice breakfast, Peace, 24*7 reception.

It was my first experience In a hostel and it certainly exceeded my expectations! The staff were so lovely, they were helpful, friendly, and very welcoming. That facilities were excellent, very clean. The staff members I came across all seemed genuinely happy to be there, and like they thoroughly enjoyed their "jobs" which was very evident! It wa such a great spot to stay! I would totally recommend it to anyone staying in Amsterdam & will stay there if I am in the city again! God Bless

All were good. Special thanks for the open access computer with internet :)

• 27th Jul 2014
  • India

I personally found the staff to be rude and somewhat condescending, even to each other. The beds were the most uncomfortable I've ever had to sleep on and the pillows were nothing more than a layer of cotton with a covering. The rooms themselves were tiny and the bathroom/shower area was absolutely disgusting. Not a good stay. The only redeeming factor and why I managed to give this place even a 57% rating was the location. That's it. Not even worth it though. Awful sleep and mediocre staff.

• 27th Jul 2014

A great hostel in a superb location of the city.Even though there were a lot of beds in one room I had my privacy, due to the boards seperating the bunk beds from each other.

the location is perfert, staff is friendly, breferst is provided, but the room is not so good, it's too old, like a students' dormitory. they made a mistake of booking information, so i have to check out in the moring and check in again to change a another room...

Great hostel, breakfast was really good and the people who run the hostel are super nice and friendly. Definitely recommend! The only thing that could be improved is that there aren't any locks on the doors to the bedrooms. But honestly, it's such a minor thing, especially as the receptionists are pretty tight about security and only let people who are residents into the hostel, and the benefits of the place far, far outweigh this minor issue. I really enjoyed my weekend in Amsterdam!

• 26th Jul 2014

Great that you enjoyed your stay with us :) For future reference, or other guests, all rooms with 8 or less beds are locked.

The location is great, but a bit noisy at night, staff are very helpful and kind.