Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Shelter City's location is perfect, I didn't use metro nor tram during my stay in Amsterdam. I came on my own but thanks to the hostel's staff (composed of a couple of very hospitable volunteers from all over the world) there was always somebody to chat with or take a walk together. I loved the international atmosphere as well as Oliver their cute cat you'll see at times snoozing in one of the cozy arm chairs of the hostel's cafe.

• 25th Mar 2014

the best hostel to stay!

저는 하룻밤 16인실사용했기에 침실환경은 따지지 않았습니다. 사인실이나 오인실 사용하실 분들이라면 꽤나 괜찮은 호스텔 같습니다.

Good location, good value for money. Will recommend to others.

This was the only place that had a spot available for a single night which was extremely helpful. Located pretty much in the red light district and centre of town. Quick to get everywhere by foot.

I had a really nice time in this hostel! The staff was AMAZING, always ready to help you ! The location was great as so was the breakfast (I got pancakes twice!) Although they don't mention it, there is a fridge and a microwave that we can use. I have nothing bad to say about this hostel but I have a suggestion: at least one of the mirrors in the (girls) bathroom should be a little lower!

I would definetly recommend the Shelter City Hostel - it was a very welcoming atmosphere and the staff was really friendly!

The staff was not only helpful but also very kind and with good mood! I really enjoy my stay. I will improve the common area for more facilities to cook something. The stairs are small so it´s hard to go up to the rooms in the third floor so I think you need a good health to use those rooms upstairs.

I had a very good time there, staff was helpful and although they cancelled my reservation, the problem was solved straight away. Good location as well, the rooms were clean, the bathrooms too. Breakfast was good but I wish you could have coffee refill for free. And in the hot breakfast have included a fruit, not only for cold breakfast. All in all I had a good time there.

Great place to stay in Amaterdam. Close to major attractions plus staff friendly. Wifi excellent and breakfast was great. Generally clean. More power points would be nice in rooms. Options to fellowship with Christians , bible study and pray which was great.

the breakfast was slowly because there was one person for to make each breakfast

• 15th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

I spend a nice time in the Shelter city. The personnal was very kind and took care to make the stay in the hostel and in Amsterdam comfortable.

• 13th Mar 2014

Great position in the very City center of Amsterdam five minutes walking from the Dam. Delicious breakfast (if you choose the hot breakfast and you're not full enought you can still have how much bread and jam as you want) rooms are clean and warm and the toilets are ok. In the website is written that lockers are for free but there are no padlocks so if you don't have one you have to buy it at the reception (4euros). The bar of the hostel is very nice and cozy we had also dinner there, was great

The location was excellent , the mattress very good, 3 options of breakfast meal, very clean, staff friendly. Good value for money. I had a bedroom for 2 female people ...the bathroom was outside but not a big deal always was possible to use without wait.

The location was AMAZING and the price was probably the best we could find. This is a Christian hostel, and even though I don't consider myself as such, I still found this a great place to stay. They invited us to prayer group and there were religious books around, but there was no pressure to join in if we didn't want to. This isn't a party hostel, so it was nice to know that we could come back to some peace and quiet after a busy day out in the city. I would definitely stay here again!

• 6th Mar 2014

It was great! Thanks for this lovely stay and the friendly staff! We´ll come back in september!

• 1st Mar 2014

good accommodation, clean and with easy access to and from the station in its category of budget. lodgers were decent because of it being a religion based property.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • India

The best hostel in amsterdam!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

best location, best security.

Had a great time.staffs are helpful and friendly.wil definately return!highly recommended