Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Friendly team, well secure, excellent location, 5 mins from station. they thought of every thing- all details covered including wifi, printing, cafe, free breakfast, books, pcs and free dinners on saturdays. excellent hostel

Super comfortable rooms, which a nice toilet and shower into the ensuite and the staff was amazing.

We loved to stay at shelter city:-) Very friendly staff. Good location, you can explore the city by foot. Thank you! Be blessed:-)

• 5th Jan 2015

I really liked that breakfast was included and each day there was a different special hot plate. This hostel is in a great location really close to everything. All the main attractions are no more than a 10-20 minute walk. Only downside is that there are very few room plugs so have to take items to the front desk to charge and when you do that it is not guaranteed to get charged.

Location is great. Breakfast was just ok. Some staffs were not as friendly as the others. Really passionate Christian staffs, so I found turning down an invitation for group prayers uncomfortable. I have liked the idea of a Christian hostel as I am also religious (Catholic though) and dislikes alcohol and drugs. But I am just not into bible studies and group prayers. I have half-expected such invitations but also half-expected otherwise because they cater to travelers with varied backgrounds.

My first time solo Traveling was made easy while staying in this Hostel! Don't be skeptical because of its location by the Red Light District, I felt 100% safe while staying here :)

everything was ok

great time there

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Really nice staff, really secure and very very good location, nice breakfast. Sadly there is no kitchen (only microwave) and it's really loud (walls seem to be made of paper so you can hear everything). Missed little bit a social room where you can chill out and read a book

Really nice place would of loved to have stayed longer, wonderful people and good vibe :)

Strange place. Preachy but not very nice. Didn't love my stay here.

From my point of view Shelter is very close to many interesting sites to visit. The 4-room bedrrom for women is very small., but is ok to sleep in. Staff is ok but not very helpful when trying to get information about the city.

Everything was good! I come again :) Thanks

showers were freezing :( - I know the sign said to go tell them and use the bathroom downstairs but frankly I was already naked and wet. The poor quality of the wifi was also disappointing. Otherwise, it was clean and a really nice location.

I am definitly convinced by the shelter city hostel. It was a delicious moment, thank you for pancakes, smiles and hapyness. I would like to recome tomorrow if it would be possible. Fantastic place !

• 1st Jan 2015

Everything was good! I come again :) Thanks

Shelter City was lovely! The staff were incredibly nice, they have a little cafe on site and breakfast that comes with the stay. Because I had to get up and leave so early they gave me a take-a-way breakfast. If/when I go back to Amsterdam I'll be heading there. :)

• 29th Dec 2014

Everything was OK. It's a really cozy hostel. The staff is really kind. Well located.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

This hostel was really safety!! The room was quite big..

Great location right in the heart of Amsterdam, friendly staff, clean, nice environment, free breakfast, and coffee and tea throughout the day. Great price for the location!

• 27th Dec 2014