Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

This is the best place in the world !!! People are always nice and kind, and the place was in the perfect location. I'll come back as soon as I can :-) Thank you!!!

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Super good location, nice staff, clean and good breakfast!! We'll def. come back!

everytings is perfect staff is very friendly and helpless. Breakfast is very good ! And very cheap :D

Great location, great staff, great breakfast, thoroughly enjoyed stay, would recommend.

This place rocks. All staff are great esp. Kata

I stayed in a 2 bed room and it was worth it for security and privacy. I am a Christian but if you aren't just take the hospitality with thankfulness! Free breakfast is great and it was walking distance from everything! It could have been cleaner but I didn't have any real problems! I would definitely recommend - and maybe chip out for a smaller room!

The hostel is very good located, the staff is very friendly. It's perfect of you are going with the idea of a calm and touristy plan. The hoste is warm and comfy.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Spain

Very good hostel. People very nice and excellent location.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Mexico

I didn't like the hamburgueres at the dinner. The meet was so strange. You need to change it!

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Great location! I liked having the free lockers and breakfast! Having 24 hour security was also great. Very safe hostel!

Loved loved the people here. I love what they do there with the Bible studies and get-togethers. Please keep it up. We stayed here twice while in Amsterdam because of the people here. Thank you so much!

There is a kitchen, but "staff" won't let you use it, only they are allowed behind the bench. No cereal for brekky, only muesli and bread, they don't have a toaster. I was in a 4 bed female room and I had the whole room to myself the 4 nights I was there. Because the staff are volunteers, there isn't any accountability, but they were friendly.

new hostel but quite comfort and clean, the staffs are so nice.

The reception is really helpful, the hostel is very calm and silent.

Nice hostel. Breakfast good. I liked the walking tour free about the hostel.

This hostel was nice, clean, and with helpful, English-speaking staff, who even offered to hold onto your phone so it could charge securely at the front desk while you were out. 24/7 front desk was nice. I would not recommend this if you intend to be high off your face the entire weekend because there is a "don't be under the influence" policy, so just try to act normal if you come back high. The breakfast was delicious! I had the Museli with yogurt and really enjoyed it! My bed was very comfy.

• 27th Nov 2015

Whit this hostel I felt like I would come home, staff was in deed very nice, the rooms are clean, and I felt very secure and the location is brilliant

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Slovenia

Nice Atmosphere, I will Stay there next time Thanks All

This place rocks. I give them a 10 out of 10. Spotless, secure all is cool especially Taka. If you can stay here do it ..

One has to know that it's a "very christian" hostel, with free bibles available in all corners, and religious items displayed an all walls, and invitation to prayers everyday... Apart from than annoying "evangelical" aspect, it's very well located, and has great facilities (except a kitchen corner where one could prepare his own food...