Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I'm surprise, because it's the hostel more clean, that i know!! All the Staff are so nett and with service was wonderfull!! I like it!!

• 10th May 2015

surprisingly I was asked to leave the hostel on the same day after I had checked out, not even allow me to stay in some public area, staff was nice when you were still a guest; very disappointed especially it's a christian hostel

• 10th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

Prime location, easy going staff, the facilities are great

I loved our stay at Shelter City!! Staff was absolutely fantastic - super welcoming and knowledgeable about the city. Rooms were great (only complaint is that you have to take the stairs which are pretty narrow getting to the attic) and clean, breakfast was also fantastic. Well located, close to many food places, but could be loud at night because of its proximity to the red light district. Overall fantastic place and I would recommend it to anyone!

The only slightly negative point concerns the facilities. I was in a 4 bed female dorm but it was very small n there were only 2 plugs, not the individual plug (nor the bedside lamp) that feature nowadays in all modern hostels. It was high up on the 3rd floor, with very long, steep flights of stairs, quite difficult for someone with heavy luggage and inconvenient because wifi didn't work in the dorms. A pity too that there wasn't a kitchen or at least a micro wave oven to warm up take away food.

Have to go to the reception to charge the battery.

Great location and easy to find. Staff helpful and friendly. Working wifi, lockers, breakfast included, ok bunk beds.. Could come back and stay there if I visit Amsterdam again.

Our room don't have enough plugs. Overall is good. Staffs are friendly

Thanks for your comments - we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. And we're working on more plugs in the room. Hopefully they'll be there before you next stay with us!

The staff are nice to help you. The facilities are a little bit old. The breakfast is very normal. If you have enough budget, I suggest to have nice brunch or try any other Dutch dished outside.

• 3rd May 2015
  • Taiwan

Just perfect

• 1st May 2015

Hostel is very good. They have nice atmosphere and provides very good breakfast as well.

• 1st May 2015
  • India

The free breakfast was great, and the staff was so nice. I definitely enjoyed my stay!

Great location and nice staff!

the only thing that i didn't like it about my experience with them, is they didn't let me in in the hostal after check out (few hours). i only needed to go to the toilet and they said me "you are not our guest anymore". i thought was so rude,

• Colombia

The Shelter city Hostal, is a very good place to stay in Amsterdam. The Location is near of all. And is very kind and safe. I was three days there and my friend and me don`t worry about anything during our stay.

• Mexico

Ok hostel, although the atmosphere is non existent... It's the only hostel I've ever stayed at in which no one really ventured outside of their preformed/arrival groups/cliques. Didn't see any social interactions, no laughter, etc. Which is the main point of staying in a hotel (that and price). Apart from that, there are NO power outlets... You have to leave your devices at reception to be charged, which is a huge inconvenience, especially if you need to use your phone, tablet, laptop, etc.

We had a warmly welcome at the Shelter City. The staff was very friendly, we sleeped well and had a good breakfast in the morning. A perfekt stay.

• Austria

Many thanks.

• 29th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very good hostel. The towels were 1 euro but breakfast is included in the price. The location is prime because it is in the heart of the red light district. The staff was solid but sometimes did not help as much as they could.

It's great to be able to go out and have all the and then be able to come back to a relaxed envirenment. This hostel is very refreshing. Thanks Shelter City!

• 28th Apr 2015