Shelter City Reviews

Barndesteeg 21, 1012 BV, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really good location closer to the train station. good for back packers but only problem i faced was Hostel doesn't have proper ventilation. Amazing staff

• 24th Jul 2014

Upon arrival at the hostel it became clear the staff were not strict regarding entry. We were followed by a drunk homeless man to the hostel who arrived shortly after we had been let in, staff let him into the hostel with his trousers around his ankles. We stayed in a four bed private room and one of our party had a portable power bank stolen from beneath his pillow, the staff could not help. For the money we spent compared to other hostels on our trip, we expected much more.

키보증금 안돌려줘놓고 달라니까 안돌려줬다는 증거가 없다면서 안줬어요.. 그것도 15유로나...이젠 메일을 해도 무시하네요 스탭들은 착하고 좋았어요...시설은 별로에요 계단도많은데 엘레베이터없어서 짐옮기느라 낑낑 힘들었어요

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • South Korea

Shelter City was a wonderful hostel, because they care for their travellers. Each morning you can get a selfmade breakfast and enjoy this breakfast in the awesome Garden! Additionally, there are always some little but great Events at the evening. Moreover, the staffs are sooo friendly and just show you all great places in Amsterdam!! I just can recomment the shelter city. I will return some time :D

Superb! Awesome staff, very helpful and friendly. Excellent breakfast, highest praise for the hot breakfast. Definetely try it! Everything was spot on- i felt very secure, even when in room with 15 others. we loved to spend time in the terrace, it is very beautiful. you can play games, pinkponk... The hostels only fault is that it doesnt have a kitchen for use. But you can use the fridge and microwave. There is also food available in the cafe for a reasonable price. Cant wait to visit again!

Almost everything was great in Shelter City- its facilities, its charging services, its security (despite its location in Red Light District),and its friendly staff! But, I really wish that I could have some more for breakfast... I could not really eat enough, the portion was actually quite small and soon I was hungry before the lunchtime...

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

We're happy you had a good time staying with us, but it's a shame you didn't see the extra free bread, jam and juice available for everyone during breakfast. We're sorry you were hungry :(

역과의 위치는 좋습니다. 하지만 3층높이의 방에 엘리베이터없이 본인이 캐리어를 지고올라가야합니다. 조식은 그런대로 괜찮은편,

I think the service at the check in, can be much more efficient. As before, i had to wait a long time before things were done. Even i was lucky to be the first person waiting.

• 21st Jul 2014

10 min walking to Amsterdam Centraal. Albert Heijns supermarket nearby. Free breakfast (1 item only) and cafe serves reasonably priced made-to-order food until 10pm. Free linens. Secure and safe access. 24/7 helpful staff. Facility and rooms bit old. Loud at times, even night. Bike out from here. For the location and price, this place is hard to beat!

I enjoyed my time staying at Shelter City very much. I appreciated the Christian atmosphere and the value for my money. The central location was great, I just didn't enjoy walking though the Red Light district when I first arrived and was hunting for the correct street, haha!

• 20th Jul 2014

Bigger lockers would be useful, i couldnt fit my bag into the locker.

• 19th Jul 2014

great place to be, great location and great people! we were very well welcomed and felt at home. Breakfast is extraordinary!

• 19th Jul 2014

It is really safe hostel! It control it's coming strictly ! Almost near the red light district! So , if you wants to join have a red light life. There must be your chose ! We have our own bathroom ! It is good!!!

The courtyard was so nice, however it was a shame people were not allowed to drink here (regardless of the fact that it was a Christian hostel)

Really welcoming hostel, full of backpackers of different nationalities. It really doesnt matter if you are christian or not as far as you behave respectfully with others. The breakfast is great and on Friday we got invited to the dinner. We stayed in a 4 Bed Private room, with two bunkets and a bathroom. The location was perfect and so the security. The only disadvantage about it is the prize, 33 euros per night which seem a lot when you are travelling as a backpacker. However, I'll go back!

Clean, safe, fantastic location, helpful, friendly staff. Only problem - no kitchen (there's fridge and microwave, but it would be useful to have kettle/free access to crockery/cutlery instead of having to go to cafe to ask). Lockers in rooms not very large, so most guests keeps bags on the floor; rooms are not locked, but entry-door security good. Will definitely stay again.

The rooms were overly hot atleast three degrees hotter than outside which is bad in summer the beds were not comfortable and the room never got dark at all

• 15th Jul 2014

Definitely one of the best hostel that we hav stayed thus far!

I liked the atmosphere. It was very clean and the staff were friendly. Right in the middle of the red light district perfect walking distance from everything I never took any form of public transport to get to any of the best attractions. Stayed 3 nights and had no real issues except there were only two sockets for 4 people and they were on the same side of the room sadly not on the side with my bed.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Jamaica

That was perfect. No need more word

• 14th Jul 2014