8.7
Fabulous 179 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 179 Total Reviews
Shiva Guest House Varanasi Located at D20/14, Munshi Ghat, , Varanasi.
India
Varanasi D20/14, Munshi Ghat
87% 179
25.3055452 83.0091762
    Rooms available

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
22nd Nov 2016

This place was awesome! Great view from the rooftop. Great menu and fantastic and friendly staff. Beautiful, spacious and clean rooms too. Really recommend this place or Baba's guesthouse when you stay in Varanasi!

• England, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016
6.0

We booked 2 double rooms at this place and the guy had double booked so we all got put into a family room with two of us having to sleep on futons. He still wanted us to pay the same price which we argued. The main reception guy is never ever around so if you want anything done you have to ask people to get him and keep on asking. Really hot shower and ok food on the roof.

27th Oct 2016
8.0

Great location in the heart of the action in Varanasi, a stones throw from the main ghat. Staff here are great, will give honest advice on how much to pay for boat rides and tuk tuks. I thought the 4 bed dorm was very cramped; was fine for me the one night I was there but if I was staying longer I would recommend upgrading to a private room.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Oct 2016
7.4

Really good location, staff were friendly but the vibe is a little off if you're looking to meet people. The dorm room is really really basic but has its own bathroom.

• Australia, Female, 41+
16th Oct 2016

The people running this guest house were really friendly and helpful. A perfect location to the Ganges River.

12th Oct 2016

The best thing here is the family running the guesthouse. One of the sons whi is the main person running the house is very helpful and one of the most honest people you are likely to meet in India. He organises morning boat trips at the best price. He is also willing to share valuable information on prices to pay and good restaurants to go to. The guesthouse is very centrally located with a 30 second walk to either the river, or to a nice road filled with small shops. Highly recommended.

• England, Female, 18-24
6th Oct 2016

Shiva is the kindest and most genuine guest house owner I have met in my travels. The room I stayed in was lovely - very clean and the fan was enough to keep it cool. I originally booked the dormitory and got a free upgrade to a private room for the five days I stayed. The location was exceptional, behind Shiva Guest House there is a passage that gives you access to the main ghat so that you can watch the fire puja ceremony up close without having to pay for a boat like lots of other tourists.

1st Oct 2016

Good guesthouse. Like everything near the ghats it is hard to find in the maze but if you get close to Munshi Ghat ppl will be able to direct you. I was upgraded from a dorm to a single room without any extra charge. Was very clean and adequate wifi. Would definitely recommend! Very helpful staff

• Australia, Male, 31-40
26th Sep 2016

Wonderful place in a great location, it will be my first choice should I stay in Varanasi again.

19th Sep 2016

Wonderful people, wonderful place to stay. I stayed for four days, and got to see them finish construction on a few of their rooms. Very beautiful! the shelves are cut into the cement walls... I've never seen anything like it before. Plus, the view from the rooftop was definitely the highlight of my stay in Varanasi. The culture shock in this city can be a lot harder than anywhere else in India, but I spent many hours above it all, reading my books and watching kites fly at sunset.