Showbiz Inn at West Street Reviews

lianfeng xiang #4, Yangshuo, China

A friend and I stayed in Showbiz Inn for a week. Not only did we fall in love with Yangshuo and it's beautiful scenery but also the amazing staff working in Showbiz Inn. We stayed in a twin room ensuite which was clean and spacious, better than most hotels. There is an amazing rooftop bar with views over Yangshuo and the surrounding mountains. You can book tours through the hostel which are reasonably priced and always worked out great for us. Bike hire is only 15 RMB. Our fav hostel in China!!!

Overall good value for money. Often had to ask (politely) to use common room to watch TV/movies because staff & staff's friends were constantly watching Chinese soap operas, variety shows, socializing etc. Always felt as if intruding and 'pushing' people out. Night staff attendant had strange habits - early morning he would wake up, sing/talk to himself (loudly), go to the bathroom with the door (wide) open and 'do his business'. Not pleasant and very unwelcoming.

Nice hostel, we shared a 3-bedroom and everything was good. The staff was helpful in arranging our trips and tried everything to make it work the way we want to do it. The bathroom could have been a bit nicer looking, but definitely ok for that price. Recommendable!

Hi ladies thanks very much for my staying! I had a great time

Great Hostel, down an alley off West Street so right in the middle of everything. Rents good bikes and the staff were very helpful with information about the city and surrounding areas.

I really enjoyed my stay in this hostel. Staff speaks good English and is very friendly and helpful at all times. The location is ideal, as it is next to the river some metres into a backlane which makes it a calm place to sleep. It is the cleanest place I stayed in my one month's China trip until now. The only drawback is that the wifi connection is pretty slow. There are washing machines and extra showers in the 5th floor from where you can watch a stunning sunrise. Recommendation to stay here

Unfriendly staff, insects in the bathroom

The hostel is located in an alley off the West Street, yet it is not affected by the noise from the street. There are plenty of choices for food around the hostel. The bar at the roof top offered a beautiful view of the Li River and the mountains. The staff are knowledgeable and helpful. I thoroughly enjoyed my three nights stay at the hostel and would definitely come back again.

it was a nice hostel and has a rooftop bar although for a good party you are better off going to monkey janes. only thing that could be improved is seperating the shower from toilet so you do not have to

location is good heart of the west street and very quite after the midnight. they offer you tours with good prices. there was a lack of atmosphere probably season was ending. loved my stay and i recommend this place.

Great location, nice and spacious room! We stayed in a private room with bathroom. The rooftopbar has great views. Free washing, but you have to pay for the dryer and it does not really work that well.

• 25th Oct 2013

nothing to write home about, but no complaints. staff very willing to help in making travel arrangements.

• 24th Oct 2013