Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Great location, helpful staff, a good hostel to meet other backpackers. Would recommend, especially as it is really close to the sky train!

siam journey ist a great place. good staff , clean room, comfort bed, nice food street, and not far from BTS. I would come back here again. es ist super!

• 15th Aug 2014

Loved my stay here. Excellent location, couldn't be easier to/from the airport and right downtown, but thankfully far from the tourist ghettos of the old city. Great atmosphere, cool crowd, and a fantastic neighborhood where the only other tourists you'll see are from this guesthouse. Great location for food on food alley, and great nights drinking beer and chatting downstairs. An overall quiet, laid-back, but fun and convenient place with helpful and friendly staff. A

• 6th Aug 2014

I love siam journey. I was there only one night but I am very impressive. Atmosphere ist super for the cheap price. my bed was comfortable and guesthouse is very clean. The owner was very friendly and staff was very helpful. I will come back here again soon. :)

I've ebeen to Siam Journey twice now, 9months apart. They have doubled the communal space which is nice, clean and comfortable. The staff could do more... We arrived at 8am after a long train journey and there was no one at reception to check us in. Apparently the guy was asleep upstairs. We waited 2 hours to get into our room - which was empty the whole time. This sort of thing is a downer to what was otherwise a great clean, hostel, next to some authentic Thai street food and train/bts links.

Hi Fiona, Thanks for the feedback and i'm sorry to hear that you waited for that long. Due to this, we will ensure that the morning shift is aware of any early check-ins. That is if they let us know in advanced that they will be arriving before the 12pm check in time. Thanks, SiamJourney

Clean and airport accessible hostel. Nice communal travel book collection. Not as many food options as other areas. No guided tours/social events offered. I'd recommend to stay in Siam or Silom instead.

I was not a good customer, as I got lost and checked in two ours late making the front desk guy stay up late into morning hours! However he was nice, and welcoming, and even stayed up with me a bit to keep me company as I answered emails! The facilities were awesome and the lobby is so welcoming and inviting that everyone in it feels like a family right away. Best part, it has the best location with connections to all trains!

We stayed for four nights. Overall we had a good stay, the facilities are nice enough, nothing special. We weren't too impressed with the staff. They're nice enough but never we're able to give us helpful advice when we asked questions. While the hostel isn't close to many of the main tourist sights. It's right near the sky train and the train that takes you right to the subway. The neighborhood is also nice with lots of good food.

This hostel was pretty average. Bathrooms were okay, although they were under some construction when I was there. Staff was generally helpful, but not overly enthusiastic. Common room area was a bit small, making it hard to fit everyone together to hang out. A good hostel for a one or two night rest.

A great place if you're looking for a chilled place in BK, close to public transport links and the main shopping mall. If it's your first time in BK and you're looking for a party, maybe not the place for you but if you're just looking for a relaxed stay, this is the place for you. Nice cool rooms and very clean too.

amazing hostel!!! The friendliest staff and such a great location -in a real Thai neighbourhood!

I loved staying at Siam Journey! Everyone was so nice and the staff was always around to share advice or tips on where to go/how to get around in the city. The location is also great because it's so close to the skytrain. This hostel was truly what made my entire Bangkok experience so great! I can't wait to go back again

• 27th May 2014

Really nice, small hostel, clean and friendly. Staff took us out a lot!

This place was a close to the sky train and getting from the airport was convenient. The social aspect was not there, there Communial area is very small and staff was not very helpful or accommodating. It was fine for a night of rest and moved on to the next place. I would recommend if traveling solo.

Siam Journey is not difficult to find and people living around are so hospitable to give you directions. Really love the local life around the hostel. Shane gave me a warm welcome before and when I arrived at the hostel. All the things there were neat and clean, and I love the space downstairs where people can have conversations, read and write. It is not very spacious but it's enough for a good stay there.

I arrived pretty early that morning, and I have emailed the hostel about my early arrival, the reply mentioned I could "check in" when I arrived. But when I arrived, they "checked me in", but not giving me my bed until 1pm. If early check in is not the case, shouldn't them mention in the email? And, the staffs can be quite rude and mean at times. This is my second time staying here, the first time was way much better!

We at Siam Journey are sad to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. In the email we said you could come by and drop off your things. We never mentioned that a bed would be available to you at that time in the morning. If you wanted a bed, then you should have booked the night before as well. In regards to the "quite rude and mean at times staff", we take pride in making sure that our guests have the best time possible at our guesthouse. And we believe our reviews speak for themselves.

I thought everything at this hostel was great - the pool, the food at the cafe, the beds and lockers. The only suggestions I have for improvements are to better clean the floors in the dorm rooms and provide soap in the bathrooms. The tours could also be a bit better. Some of the people in my group weren't told the length of the tour and were unprepared to be out in the heat for 7 hours. They actually left early with our driver without telling us, leaving us stranded.

Thank you for the mostly kind words... But unfortunately, you have us mixed up with another guesthouse. We do not have a pool(But I wish we did!), or a cafe. But we do supply soap for our bathrooms, and I think our floors are nice and shiny. As for the tour, I'm sorry that they left you stranded out there in the heat. Good luck with the rest of your travels!

Location near Phaya Thai Airport Rail Station & BTS Station. near MBK and Pratunam (if u like shopping). Dorm room was spacious and clean. Staff were great. Best hostel ever :)

Fantastic place with helpful staff

• 27th Mar 2014