Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Stayed here for one night in the four bed dorm on a stop over to Koh Chang. For the money it's an excellent hostel, it has all the facilities you need including free coffee in the morning. The bathrooms were clean and the room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were super helpful. The area is good for street food and it's about 5 mins from Phaya Thai BTS and the Airport Rail Link which is really handy.

I thought the hostel was in a great location being so close to the sky-train, loved the security of the lockers and 24 hour reception coverage, and how I was able to sleep when necessary. I also enjoyed having my own outlet at my bed, rather than sharing 1-2 outlets with several people. Lastly, it was convenient that they allow luggage storage while I went to a different city for a few days.

The staff were very accomodating and helpful. A great alternative location inside of Koh San road with train links to the airport and skytrain less than 5 minute walk away

Great atmosphere and easy to meet people with the common area and evening activities. Helpful staff. Location is in a quiet residential street but a bit of a trek from the Khoa San Road/tourist areas. Easy to get about though with the river boats, BTS and Metro.

Second time staying here, great hostel really friendly and helpful staff, wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Great wifi and has fridge and microwave as well which are very handy. Just near Siam and minutes away from good street food, keep an eye out for the roti and drinks place near by. Only negative is one of he toilets doesn't have a seat but beyond that it's great.

Nothing special about this hostel considering how expensive it is. For almost half the price I spent to have a room in a 8 people dorm in this place, I moved to a room on my own in Silom which is a lot better located. No hard feeling because it was an OK hostel, but, if definitely too pricey for having no added value whatsoever. I would recommend you to look for a cheaper / better located hostel in Bangkok, there are plenty of options for a fraction of what this place charges.

Hi Juan, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here. We are in a real Thai neighbourhood with cheap, good Thai food, close to the stations, centrally located in terms of nightlife and this is why people love our location. For people who prefer the Khao San scene, we take guests out to places like that often, but our customers prefer to stay in a hostel away from the touristy side. Getting more involved with the the other people in the hostel is also a great way to have a better experience!

Staff was not very helpful. The facilities were dirty (I saw a roach). Would not visit again.

Hi Kylie, please feel free to email us and elaborate on the problem you had with our staff and we will do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen again. We actually have a Best Staff award from Hostelbookers for 2014 at our hostel so we are very surprised that you had a problem. As for the cleanliness, we have a cleaner working here every day for 4 hours minimum and most of our reviews specifically mention that cleanliness at our hostel is one of the best things about it.

Excellent location - immersed in a local neighbourhood just a short walk from food street where an abundance of cheap food can be found. Also minutes walk from Phaya Thai BTS and the airport rail link. Hostel has a chilled vibe with music playing (not too loud!) nearly all day and comfortable seating in the communal areas. Fridge and coffee/tea making facilities a bonus.

I booked a bed here because the airport train is a 5 min walk, but I was pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere and staff! One of the best things was the email I received after booking, the directions were great and even included driving directions in Thai, which I showed to the taxi driver when I got to the central train station. (Taxi was 55 baht.) A girl I met on the train was able to leave her bag for the day, the staff were really helpful and friendly even though she wasn't a paying guest.

Friendly Staff, but barefooted required inside the house has hygienic problem. Very good location for every thing.

Only stayed here one night on the way back to the airport, probably the best location if that's what you're looking for. Top quality western staff. Atmosphere was good, I didn't go out because I was off to the airport but there was plenty people who all went to khaosan road together. I will stay here again when I come back to bkk

Great hostel, everything was clean and very good toilets and showers. Wifi was good throughout the hostel. The location is 10 mins walk to Siam paragon and surrounding complexes. Or 3 mins to the BTS. I was sadly ill during my stay having eaten something funny but staff were very accommodating and made it much more bearable. If you need somewhere to stay in Bangkok this should definitely be top of your list.

Place was great overall. Would stay here again. Nice and quiet from traffic. Staff was friendly and helpful

I made a miscalculation and booked the wrong night here, and this has happened to me once before, and the hostel has been kind enough to simply switch it. However, they didn't do that here even though it was an honest mistake, and I ended up paying double. The staff tried to help, but the owner didn't budge, which I thought was unreasonable considering your audience is budget travelers. The hostel itself is quite nice, chilled out atmosphere, spacious rooms, clean, decent kitchen, good location.

Unfortunately, I only stayed one night, but it is a great place in a good real local location and a good community feel. Great, helpful and friendly staff, good advice, good common area and showers, great Internet. There is a small kitchen, computers for you to use and they organize activities. The AC was way too cold in the room for me and I would have done with somewhere to put my stuff on the top bunk, but otherwise it was perfect. Lockers, plug and lamp. I would come back in a heart beat.

The place is really nice, And the people also.. The toilets were not really clean and tidy but there were large showers and warm water..

• 7th Nov 2014

Very difficult to find, clean but roach problem

Great place with friendly, helpful staff. Location is awesome as well, in a not overly touristy area but very close to BTS and city centre. Highly recommended!

• 3rd Nov 2014