Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Really nice, small hostel, clean and friendly. Staff took us out a lot!

This place was a close to the sky train and getting from the airport was convenient. The social aspect was not there, there Communial area is very small and staff was not very helpful or accommodating. It was fine for a night of rest and moved on to the next place. I would recommend if traveling solo.

Siam Journey is not difficult to find and people living around are so hospitable to give you directions. Really love the local life around the hostel. Shane gave me a warm welcome before and when I arrived at the hostel. All the things there were neat and clean, and I love the space downstairs where people can have conversations, read and write. It is not very spacious but it's enough for a good stay there.

I arrived pretty early that morning, and I have emailed the hostel about my early arrival, the reply mentioned I could "check in" when I arrived. But when I arrived, they "checked me in", but not giving me my bed until 1pm. If early check in is not the case, shouldn't them mention in the email? And, the staffs can be quite rude and mean at times. This is my second time staying here, the first time was way much better!

I thought everything at this hostel was great - the pool, the food at the cafe, the beds and lockers. The only suggestions I have for improvements are to better clean the floors in the dorm rooms and provide soap in the bathrooms. The tours could also be a bit better. Some of the people in my group weren't told the length of the tour and were unprepared to be out in the heat for 7 hours. They actually left early with our driver without telling us, leaving us stranded.

Location near Phaya Thai Airport Rail Station & BTS Station. near MBK and Pratunam (if u like shopping). Dorm room was spacious and clean. Staff were great. Best hostel ever :)

Fantastic place with helpful staff

• 27th Mar 2014

Although the place is not easiest to find, the staff and people are super nice and friendly!!! Not too big house allows you to meet new friends and share great trip memories with fine Thai beers. The best guest house ever :) !!!

• 18th Mar 2014
  • Japan

I stayed just one night. But if i had more time i would stay longer in this hostel. very friendly staff. located in local area. close to bts. warm atmosphere. strong wifi. personal lockers. in total really good.

Very social hostel, I loved the BBQ and then we all went out to Khao San Rd together. Clean, BIG beds in the dorm. It shows up on Google Maps if the directions are too confusing for you. I thought they were perfect together.

Cozy and clean guesthouse with great staff that arranged very fun activities for everyone. I truly enjoyed my time at Siam Journey and met many great people, including the friendly staff members. definitely recommend!

great hostel! clean, nice people! best hostel in thailand i've been to.

Very pleasant stay, I liked the market nearby very much (didn't see any other foreigners). Indeed an authentic thai neighbourhood. Will come back.

Everything was excellent: location, atmosphere, staff, security, beds, lockers, cleanliness, bathrooms. Will definitely stay here again when in Bangkok!

Stayed for 5 days in January, Hostel is a bit hard to find, however that was part of the appeal. The location is fantastic, easy to get around the city, and there are some great local bars & restaurants within a 2 minute walk, likewise with shopping (around 10mins). Place is well looked after and apart from 1 of the 3 showers not doing hot water - everything is clean & working. Thank you to Claire who really made it feel like home away from home.

• 20th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

I stayed at 4 bed mixed dorm. Siam Journey Guesthouse is more than what you pay for. I like walking on the floor with barefoot. Air flowing smoothly even juts open the window. Clean and cozy, English speaking staffs is very helpful, nice local cuisine street is near by. Easy access to BTS station. It will be my first choice next time.

superb location near BTS, near Mosque (for moslem)

Managed by the two young, motivated owners, this guesthouse is in a perfect location if you prefer staying in the modern district with the shopping malls etc, has lots of nice and cheap food options around and superb transportation (skytrain, airport link). Very clean, safe. With less than 20 beds capacity, it is cozy and ideal for making friends. Guys organize party nights, movie nights, eating out together so you can get as much fun as you'd like - and is a great base to start exploring BKK.

simply the best hostel ever - book it!