Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

This is one of my favorite hostels so far. The instructions for finding it was very easy and simple, and really not as complicated as I though I'd be. The rooms were clean and the bathrooms were as well. There's a great foodstreet nearby that I just LOVED. great place to stay. People were cautious as of coming back throughout the night and being quiet for those sleeping as well!

Friendly & social! Would stay again! Volunteer staff invited me to go out, even though I got in right before they left. Stayed in 4 room dorm, which is pretty quiet because it shares the third floor with only one other room. Bunkbeds were noisy/shook. Mine didn't have a working outlet. Room had A/C which was nice. Lockers were one floor down. Bathroom/shower 2 floors down (inconvenient). This hostel has nice hangout areas and a small kitchenette area with a fridge, unusual for Thailand hostels.

staff is incredibly friendly and willing to help. also very good english!

• 9th Jan 2016

Really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The best thing about this place was the atmosphere. The very friendly staff and small size of the hostel made me feel incredibly welcome. I met loads of great people here which I feel is important for a semi-solo traveller. I also enjoyed the location with it being out of the busy tourist zones. This also meant cheap food at local food stalls. Facilities wise they had everything you need, except maybe a stove...

This place is really overrated. The staff was very unfriendly. When we walked in they hardly acknowledged us/acted as if we were strangers coming into their private home and disturbing them. The location is overrated as well. The staff made us feel really unwelcome, they were really cliquey and rude

Been here before, still good. Nice atmosphere and good location close to the airport rail link and cheap food market.

Comfortable bed and good sleep.

A perfect place to stay in Bangkok

Great staff. Room and toilets were clean. A bit off location but you can take BTS and go to the city center. Overall great experience .

Good place to hang out n chill. They make activities everyday (khao san, movie night, rootftop,...). Not to big so it s more familiar n u get to know the people u r staying with, which makes it even nicer. Only thing to complain about is that it s located in a really small street 5min walk off the main road (can get a little bit scary at night)...

Great hostel, fun and knowledgable stuff. Only downside is kitchen facilities are slightly basic and in need of an additional light in there.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Not close to the old town or touristy koh San, but that's definitely the point. Awesome food street near by, easy transportation to old town, airport or many of the other things Bangkok has to offer. Fun vibes. Definitely would recommend staying here.

This hostel couldn't be better. Centrally located in Bangkok near all metro lines and the water taxi to old town, it also has the best food street in town next to it. It's quiet, spacious, clean and has fantastic staff. There isn't a full kitchen, but you don't need it with food street next door. It's one of the cheaper hostels in town, but not cheap in quality. Only 22 beds, so make sure you book ahead, especially in peak season. A week stay here turned into a month for me! Highly recommended.

The coziest place in all of SE Asia! I ended up stayed 2 weeks longer than planned. Didn't want to leave! I had such a great time in Bkk, having Siam Journey as a "home away from home" was the reason why. Everyone who stays at SJ stays there again when returning to Bkk. You will meet incredible people and bump into them again all over SE Asia. There is a great family atmosphere. The owners are fantastic young locals who work very hard to please the guests, and it shows! Thanks so much Aum+Mine!

Great, exactly what any traveler would want. I'll be back in aa fee weeks

• 13th Sep 2015

Great hostel away from the madness called Khao San. Friendly and helpful staff. They take you around and if not always are available to join you for a quick bite at food street which is few minutes away. Great place to meet fellow travellers. Will be my go to place whenever am in Bangkok next.