Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

The hostel was nice enough but had very poor security. The dorms didn't have lockable doors and the front entrance was never locked. They do have 24 hour reception to keep an eye but I still feel like it would be pretty easy for a non-guest to come in and go into any of the rooms unnoticed. The location is convenient but as it is tucked in an alley off a soi it was a little unnerving to come and go from late at night. The environment and the facilities are good and the staff is awesome though!

I had an awesome stay at Siam JourneyJourney! Cool and helpful staff, perfect locationlocation,loads of food around the corner and a safe neighborhood. My favorite hostel so far and hope to come back!

Fairly small hostel, staff was helpful, would recommend this hostel. Toilet was in another floor than rooms. Hostel is in small street, can be little difficult to find, but location was good for us, near the airport link, mbk (shopping center) and weekend market.

It was a great experience here and I had a lot of fun. My shoes got stollen from outside so be cautious of leaving your footwear out there. Staff was very friendly. Was a bit hard to find at first but you learn the way around quick. Overall very good.

The staffs are very friendly, it's good for the customers.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Myanmar

Location are nice in middle of city easy for excess sky train and airport train just few steps away.

• 7th Apr 2015

pretty good hostel, but i honestly don't understand why the ratings are so high. what it has over almost all hostels in asia: partial kitchen with fridge(!!!), hot plate, etc. EXTREMELY rare to have these in asia. what i didn't like was that the dorm room i was in was on the second floor, but if i wanted to go to the bathroom i had to go down to the first floor. however, there was a great cleaning lady, who cleaned THOROUGHLY everyday.

Great value for money in a central location. Easy to get to train and walking distance to many malls and shopping areas. Staff are relaxed and friendly. Great vibe here. Most chilled out hostel I've ever been to. Wifi works really well. Common area is comfy and cool place to meet people. Great luggage storage facility. Only hostel that actually wash all linen including duvet after every guest. That's awesome!! Beds are very comfortable. Little tricky to find but no real problem.

Nice guesthouse, if a little difficult to find. The facilities were good enough and in decent proximity to the MBK and skytrain, but a bit far from all the main attractions , ie. Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Khao San road etc, i think the place lacked atmosphere and the people didnt seem that welcoming, they couldnt provide a map of Bangkok too which was a little annoying as most hostels usually do. I only stayed a few nights until i moved closer to the Khaosan area, which was a lot more atmospheric

Stayed here for one night in the four bed dorm on a stop over to Koh Chang. For the money it's an excellent hostel, it has all the facilities you need including free coffee in the morning. The bathrooms were clean and the room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were super helpful. The area is good for street food and it's about 5 mins from Phaya Thai BTS and the Airport Rail Link which is really handy.

Great place to stay in Bangkok. The location is excellent, right next to the BTS. The staff are very friendly and make the place feel like a home away from home.

I thought the hostel was in a great location being so close to the sky-train, loved the security of the lockers and 24 hour reception coverage, and how I was able to sleep when necessary. I also enjoyed having my own outlet at my bed, rather than sharing 1-2 outlets with several people. Lastly, it was convenient that they allow luggage storage while I went to a different city for a few days.

The staff were very accomodating and helpful. A great alternative location inside of Koh San road with train links to the airport and skytrain less than 5 minute walk away

Great atmosphere and easy to meet people with the common area and evening activities. Helpful staff. Location is in a quiet residential street but a bit of a trek from the Khoa San Road/tourist areas. Easy to get about though with the river boats, BTS and Metro.

Second time staying here, great hostel really friendly and helpful staff, wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Great wifi and has fridge and microwave as well which are very handy. Just near Siam and minutes away from good street food, keep an eye out for the roti and drinks place near by. Only negative is one of he toilets doesn't have a seat but beyond that it's great.

Nothing special about this hostel considering how expensive it is. For almost half the price I spent to have a room in a 8 people dorm in this place, I moved to a room on my own in Silom which is a lot better located. No hard feeling because it was an OK hostel, but, if definitely too pricey for having no added value whatsoever. I would recommend you to look for a cheaper / better located hostel in Bangkok, there are plenty of options for a fraction of what this place charges.

Hi Juan, We are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay here. We are in a real Thai neighbourhood with cheap, good Thai food, close to the stations, centrally located in terms of nightlife and this is why people love our location. For people who prefer the Khao San scene, we take guests out to places like that often, but our customers prefer to stay in a hostel away from the touristy side. Getting more involved with the the other people in the hostel is also a great way to have a better experience!

Staff was not very helpful. The facilities were dirty (I saw a roach). Would not visit again.

Hi Kylie, please feel free to email us and elaborate on the problem you had with our staff and we will do everything we can to make sure it doesn't happen again. We actually have a Best Staff award from Hostelbookers for 2014 at our hostel so we are very surprised that you had a problem. As for the cleanliness, we have a cleaner working here every day for 4 hours minimum and most of our reviews specifically mention that cleanliness at our hostel is one of the best things about it.