Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

Only stayed here one night on the way back to the airport, probably the best location if that's what you're looking for. Top quality western staff. Atmosphere was good, I didn't go out because I was off to the airport but there was plenty people who all went to khaosan road together. I will stay here again when I come back to bkk

Great hostel, everything was clean and very good toilets and showers. Wifi was good throughout the hostel. The location is 10 mins walk to Siam paragon and surrounding complexes. Or 3 mins to the BTS. I was sadly ill during my stay having eaten something funny but staff were very accommodating and made it much more bearable. If you need somewhere to stay in Bangkok this should definitely be top of your list.

Place was great overall. Would stay here again. Nice and quiet from traffic. Staff was friendly and helpful

• 9th Dec 2014

Unfortunately, I only stayed one night, but it is a great place in a good real local location and a good community feel. Great, helpful and friendly staff, good advice, good common area and showers, great Internet. There is a small kitchen, computers for you to use and they organize activities. The AC was way too cold in the room for me and I would have done with somewhere to put my stuff on the top bunk, but otherwise it was perfect. Lockers, plug and lamp. I would come back in a heart beat.

The place is really nice, And the people also.. The toilets were not really clean and tidy but there were large showers and warm water..

• 7th Nov 2014

Very difficult to find, clean but roach problem

Great place with friendly, helpful staff. Location is awesome as well, in a not overly touristy area but very close to BTS and city centre. Highly recommended!

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Good value for money, very friendly, international stuff

Thanks a lot.

Although it's a bit tucked away the location is very central and near to useful transport links. My room was clean, had air con, and the area was quiet so I got a good night's sleep. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Only drawback was that my room didn't have a lock (there are lockers available in the hallway) and the door kept swinging open, and I felt a little insecure sleeping in a room with an open door. But the hostel as a whole felt very safe.

Thanks for the review. Safety of the guest is our priority. Since we opened, we never had any issues or complains about it. Nevertheless, we do apologies for the inconvenience with the door. As soon as we found the problem, we fixed it.

The rooms are crowded and rather small. There is no air-condition during the day - only at night. The areas out of the rooms stink mainly because the WCs are open to the base of the stairs and stink a bit. The staff are very helpful. Such facilities will be reasonable for 100-150 Bhat in Thailand but 300 Bhat for a bed in a crowded 10-bed dormitory is overprice.

• 14th Sep 2014
  • Israel

Thanks for your feedback, however; we would like to get a chance to explain. Our 10 bed dorm is the most packed room we have. We also have 8 bed dorm and 4 bed dorm which are more spacious. The a/c in the rooms goes off about 5 hours during the day to keep them from overworking and to keep it nice and cool all through out the day. Though our lobby is air-conditioned during the day and night. In regard to the price, we have the most affordable price of all the hostels in the area. Thank you.

Booked 1 night and stayed 4, good clean place, staff were helpful and close to food street and the train. A+ in my book thanks again and I'll return in about a week before I fly out to Europe. Recommended

After a 20 hour flight, I was grateful for the very comfortable bed and air con. Free drinking water and computer to use. Staff are very friendly but it's not the most sociable place.

Great location, helpful staff, a good hostel to meet other backpackers. Would recommend, especially as it is really close to the sky train!

siam journey ist a great place. good staff , clean room, comfort bed, nice food street, and not far from BTS. I would come back here again. es ist super!

• 15th Aug 2014

Loved my stay here. Excellent location, couldn't be easier to/from the airport and right downtown, but thankfully far from the tourist ghettos of the old city. Great atmosphere, cool crowd, and a fantastic neighborhood where the only other tourists you'll see are from this guesthouse. Great location for food on food alley, and great nights drinking beer and chatting downstairs. An overall quiet, laid-back, but fun and convenient place with helpful and friendly staff. A

• 6th Aug 2014

I love siam journey. I was there only one night but I am very impressive. Atmosphere ist super for the cheap price. my bed was comfortable and guesthouse is very clean. The owner was very friendly and staff was very helpful. I will come back here again soon. :)

The restroom seemed as if they needed some more work done. The toilets were barely flushed. But other than that it was a nice stay!

I've ebeen to Siam Journey twice now, 9months apart. They have doubled the communal space which is nice, clean and comfortable. The staff could do more... We arrived at 8am after a long train journey and there was no one at reception to check us in. Apparently the guy was asleep upstairs. We waited 2 hours to get into our room - which was empty the whole time. This sort of thing is a downer to what was otherwise a great clean, hostel, next to some authentic Thai street food and train/bts links.

Hi Fiona, Thanks for the feedback and i'm sorry to hear that you waited for that long. Due to this, we will ensure that the morning shift is aware of any early check-ins. That is if they let us know in advanced that they will be arriving before the 12pm check in time. Thanks, SiamJourney

Clean and airport accessible hostel. Nice communal travel book collection. Not as many food options as other areas. No guided tours/social events offered. I'd recommend to stay in Siam or Silom instead.

I was not a good customer, as I got lost and checked in two ours late making the front desk guy stay up late into morning hours! However he was nice, and welcoming, and even stayed up with me a bit to keep me company as I answered emails! The facilities were awesome and the lobby is so welcoming and inviting that everyone in it feels like a family right away. Best part, it has the best location with connections to all trains!