Siam Journey Guesthouse Reviews

Soi Nom Chit, Phayathai, Bangkok, Thailand

the only complaint is annoying techno music that staff plays non-stop in the lobby

I had visited this hostel before and it made enough of an impression that I went with it again. They had done a lot of work (renovations?) to improve the facilities, and it is a great alternative to some of the backpacker-hell hostels off of Kaosan. Siam Journey's distinction is that the staff makes great efforts to get everyone involved in activities. Both times the hostel community here has been exceptional. The downside is that it is a bit difficult to find, and isn't exceptionally central.

Excellent, friendly staff. Clean facilities, soft beds and a good common area. The lock boxes provided are quite large. Located away from all the noise and chaos of the more touristy areas of Bangkok. I stayed 4 additional nights after my first. 9.5/10

We had to leave at 3am for our flight, so didn't stay long. But comfortable bed, nice bathrooms with hot and cold showers. Good Wi-Fi and nice staff, next to train station and siam shoppingcenter

Couldn't have been happier with my stay. The facilities were clean, the staff was helpful, and there was always something interesting going on in the common areas. This place seems to attract easy-going, fun people.

• 23rd Jul 2015

No free bagage storage :(

im felling good for stay here and enjoy everthing 。i hope I can back and have a nice journey!Yes,thanks journey!

Really great hostel! Perfect quiet location close to transport links, really lovely helpful staff and happy friendly atmosphere. We stayed in the 10bed dorm, beds where spacious, clean and comfortable and other guests where respectful. Would recommend great value for money and we will be returning again when we pass back through Bangkok

I only stayed one night there before my flight the next morning. The people were super friendly and helpful! If you need to go to the airport(dmk): there are a couple of public busses running from the main street just a few meters from the hostel. It only took me 40 min and 8 baht. It was a Sunday morning though so watch out for traffic. Def the cheapest option. Hostel itself was clean and the bed comfy. No complains! They also had a rooftop chill out and kitchen :)

Very secure with the security pad outside to get in late, lockers available. Staff with extremely friendly and helpful. Situated in a great location too between Phaya Thai and Ratchathewi BTS - short ride to great shopping centres. A more laid back sort of hostel.

I really appreciated the option to pay 20 baht to store my bags and take a shower before my night flight out of Bangkok! The staff was really nice and willing to help, and Siam Journey Guesthouse really just made the last leg of my travels so much less stressful. Thanks guys!

• 29th Jun 2015

I found the hostel to be in a great location for getting to tourist attractions as it is so close to the BTS and the airport line is really handy and easy to work as it is just the last stop. I stayed in the 4 bed dorm which was really nice and quiet with air con. I really did make friends at this hostel who I now have on facebook and would definitely meet up with again, this including staff! See my full review on trip advisor under the name Emma Slesser.

The hostel was nice enough but had very poor security. The dorms didn't have lockable doors and the front entrance was never locked. They do have 24 hour reception to keep an eye but I still feel like it would be pretty easy for a non-guest to come in and go into any of the rooms unnoticed. The location is convenient but as it is tucked in an alley off a soi it was a little unnerving to come and go from late at night. The environment and the facilities are good and the staff is awesome though!

I had an awesome stay at Siam JourneyJourney! Cool and helpful staff, perfect locationlocation,loads of food around the corner and a safe neighborhood. My favorite hostel so far and hope to come back!

Fairly small hostel, staff was helpful, would recommend this hostel. Toilet was in another floor than rooms. Hostel is in small street, can be little difficult to find, but location was good for us, near the airport link, mbk (shopping center) and weekend market.

It was a great experience here and I had a lot of fun. My shoes got stollen from outside so be cautious of leaving your footwear out there. Staff was very friendly. Was a bit hard to find at first but you learn the way around quick. Overall very good.

The staffs are very friendly, it's good for the customers.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Myanmar

Location are nice in middle of city easy for excess sky train and airport train just few steps away.

• 7th Apr 2015

pretty good hostel, but i honestly don't understand why the ratings are so high. what it has over almost all hostels in asia: partial kitchen with fridge(!!!), hot plate, etc. EXTREMELY rare to have these in asia. what i didn't like was that the dorm room i was in was on the second floor, but if i wanted to go to the bathroom i had to go down to the first floor. however, there was a great cleaning lady, who cleaned THOROUGHLY everyday.

Great value for money in a central location. Easy to get to train and walking distance to many malls and shopping areas. Staff are relaxed and friendly. Great vibe here. Most chilled out hostel I've ever been to. Wifi works really well. Common area is comfy and cool place to meet people. Great luggage storage facility. Only hostel that actually wash all linen including duvet after every guest. That's awesome!! Beds are very comfortable. Little tricky to find but no real problem.