Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Unfortunately, the wifi access isn't free.

• 18th Jul 2014

Very nice and clean environment. Good atmosphere, Great location for making excursions on the island. Value for money.

• Hungary

We spend 2 nights in this nice hostel with 3 kids from 9 to 11. They love the place and felt very well and confident... we found the hostel very clean and the team was helpful and sympathical. Thanks. We recommand it for families who want to change a little from B&B. Très convivial et très propre, cette auberge de jeunesse est un endroit que nos enfants ont adorés. N'oubliez pas de prévoir votre dîner, tout est disponible pour le préparer ! C'était une pause très sympathique pour visiter l'île

• Mixed Group, 41+

very friendly, great atmosphere.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • Scotland
  • Couple, 41+

Really nice atmosphere. I wish there was internet connection. A small TV would be appriciated. Thanks far all !

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

It was the friendliest atmosphere ever! The staff were very helpful, very nice, and the hostel was immaculate!! Really clean, with an amazing design, fantastic, funny and interesting pictures on the wall and a great Star Wars theme :) Really worth the money!

Wifi would have been great, since it's quite isolated where the hostel is located, and if you don't have a car, makes it challenging to get around. Great hostel though, good facilities and very quiet and clean

Very nice hostel, inspirational,

• 1st Jul 2014
  • South Africa

We loved this hostel. In fact, we wished that we could have stayed for longer. We got in and went hiking around the Isle of Skye and then went to sleep, woke up and went hiking and left for Edinburgh. Wish we actually were there long enough to enjoy the facilities more. They were great. And the people were great. I guess it means we should plan another trip back there... :)

2nd visit, definitely come back if I get the chance to, the new huts look brilliant :)

They said they had laundry facilities and they didn't. At this point in our trip we needed to do laundry . We had to go about 20 to 25 miles out of our way to do laundry. They also advertised they had wifi. We get there and there is a sign stating because they were so rural they did not have wifi. My daughter and I were traveling alone and wanted to contact our husbands to check in with them and let them know we were okay. Other than that it was okay.

I love it. only its a little far away and don't have internet! but i love it anyway ;)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Spain

fantastic! !!

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

We had a fantastic stay here, we wish we had stayed for longer!

• 26th Jun 2014

Skyewalker is an amazing place! Really enjoyed the location (it's difficult to get to without a car), fully equipped kitchen, musical insturments, and friendly staff! Would highly recommend staying here!

• 23rd Jun 2014

This was a brilliant hostel... it is family run. The staff are soo helpful, friendly and nice! We stayed in a private bunk room... the beds were soooo comfortable and the room was big enough. The hostel is super quiet. It feels like home... where u can veg out and read a book. Loved it!! As it is rural there is no wifi.. which I didn't mind it was actually kind of nice! I loved this hostel and would definitely recommend it. The only thing I would have loved as im a backpacker was a washingmach

Great place to stay. There were many families staying which gave the hostel a different atmosphere than normal.

y first time at Skyewalker Hostel, and it won't be my last. A great place!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

A very beautiful situation and an excellently kept hostel, flowers outside and extreme cleanliness inside. Staff very welcoming and helpful.

Excellent place, very clean but very removed (a positive in my book, but not everyone will agree). Only thing I'd do is add wi-fi and it would be perfect. The other facilities are very very good - the kitchen is very large and modern, plenty of space in the lounge etc etc. The glass dome is a nice touch.

« first « Prev 1 2 3