Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Nice place to stay, quiet and family oriented, good base for visiting skye.

The atmosphere is great and the staff is very friendly. Excellent value for money!

• 9th Aug 2014

Was surprised to find this hostel to be in pristine cleanliness and freshness for such a out of way location Staff friendly and informative Was a pleasure to stay

Can't say enough good things about this place, it really is the best hostel I've stayed in. Full of character and set in the beautiful Skye hills, I wish I could have stayed longer! Excellent kitchen and bath facilities, cozy rooms, and a picturesque garden make this place a delight.

Best hostel I have stayed at! Fantastic!!!

We simply enjoyed the stay there. Very nice place. A little difficult to get there, we didn´t have a car. Just a few busses, especially during the holidays.

• 6th Aug 2014

Fantastically friendly. Even though it was busy with people checking in, Lisa gave us a tour of the facilities and then to our Jedi Hut. What can I say, it was beautiful. So much care taken to ensure you had everything you need and more. Felt more like a 5star hotel room, obviously no ensuite. The shower and toilet block is close and is clean and tidy. Amazing views. The kitchen had everything a traveller would need. This was our first experience of a hostel and we will be back next year.

• 6th Aug 2014

Immaculately clean, well laid out and super helpful staff.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I have stayed at the Skywalker many times and i am always delighted with the attention to detail the staff display.I feel like a member of the family and will be back.Brian and Lisa have done a remarkable job and long may they continue to keep up the good work.All who works there deserve all the plaudits they receive as it is, without doubt ,one of the happiest places on earth

Best. Hostel. Ever. Owners should never change a thing!

was great - good atmosphere -clean - great staff

• 3rd Aug 2014

Another excellent stay at this outstanding hostel. We received a wonderful warm welcome, and the cleanliness and condition of this hostel really sets it apart from most. Skye is, of course, absolutely beautiful.

It is one of the best hostels ever!!!

• 30th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel with a nice clean room and good facilities and lounge area. Friendly staff. The location is in Skye, so obviously amazing, although you do have to be careful on the narrow roads to get there as it's a little out the way. Friendly lounge atmosphere great for socialising, but got quite full in the evenings.

We stayed in one if the new Jedi-huts. Very cosy - just the thing for two.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I arrived really quite late and then left early the next morning so didn't get to experience much of the atmosphere unfortunately, it could well be excellent! I would certainly stay here again, that's as good a review as one can get in my book!

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely amazing place and one of the best hostels I ever visited! I definitely want to visit it in the future for more than one day! The atmosphere of this hostel was really nice, friendly and everything was very clean, modern and stylish. It is little bit far away from the main road, but for me it is the positive property, because the location is very calm and peaceful. Better wifi connection would be fine, but I understand the it is difficult to sort it out in this area.

Lisa and Brian are the perfect hosts.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Best hostel we've ever been to! Very clean and nice! The location is amazing. Loved it! Would recommend for sure!

• 26th Jul 2014

Great hostel, the owners were really nice. We stayed in the Jedi Huts and it was very cool, cozy - very tastefully decorated inside. The kitchen was very very clean, and the showers were nice and hot! Would definitely stay here again.

• 25th Jul 2014