Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Great all round!

Loved the hostel, great atmosphere, facilities and the Jedi hut was ace :)

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Loved this hostel, such a gem to come across in a remote area! Staff were so friendly and helped us plan our activities , big hostel with awesome common areas, big kitchen with heaps of utensils, the outside area is great too, beds were comfortable with an actual fitted sheet that fits the bed! Bathrooms were really good too (and educational!) Portnalong is a beautiful place! Would 100% recommend! The only thing would be there not being lockers in the rooms, but we coped fine!

We could not have had a better experience. The hosts and staff were more than kind, caring, helpful and entertaining. My grandson and I had a delightful time. I only wish that the whole world was full people like this.

We had great days there!!Nice and clean room!!Great selfcatering kitchen and due to the weather good to have the drying room

• 19th Jul 2015

The Hut was a wonderful treat. Warm and very cozy.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Malaysia

Very good hostel, poty there is nothing to do around it

Sadly, the Isle of Skye has little to no WiFi available- but enjoy your stay here disconnected from the digital world by connecting with the other travellers here in the wide variety of common areas with plenty of entertainment options. The pub down the road has some of the best food I've ever had the pleasure of eating with very friendly staff.

Stayed for the third time, it was brilliant as always :) super nice people, incredibly clean rooms and facilities, brilliant garden, skyewalker always feels like home.

This is a fantastic hostel. The owners and reception are very friendly and helpful. Facilities are fantastic. Be warned, though, there is no wifi. Plenty of parking if you have a car, which you'll need to get there. It's out of the way but well worth it. I loved this place.

A very good hostel, with an excellent atmosphere.

• 13th Jul 2015

I thought the hostel was wonderful. Very well set up with helpful staff and great facilities

• 13th Jul 2015

Skyewalker was super clean and superwelcoming! The owners were very helpful and gave us great information abiut what to see in the area. There were tons of games and books for entertainment😃

• 13th Jul 2015

We totally enjoyed our stay at skyewalker hostel. Brian's hospitality is his number one priority. The only thing we've missed was the possibility to buy a bit of alcohol, food and crisps. Thats more the problem of the area than the problem of the hostel but maybe put it on the reservation as a warning that the supermarket isnt near. If we are visiting isle of skye again...skyewalker will be our first choice!

• 13th Jul 2015

This was far and above the best hostel I've ever stayed in. Excellent, so cozy and lovely.

• 10th Jul 2015

We had a great stay. Really liked the way the hostel was decorated. The only thing that was missing was the towels. Think those should be provided.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • Latvia

I arrived. I got a tour. Some stuff happened. I enjoyed that stuff. Then I left. I would recommend to anyone that they should go to this place, arrive, get a tour, do some stuff. enjoy that stuff, and leave. The whole experience was awash with good feelings, beautiful scenery, and friendly staff. I hope I get the chance to come back. Only downside was my room-mates holding their AGM at 2am. Not the hostel's fault though. Also, sorry I forgot to strip my bed, only remembered after I left.

• 4th Jul 2015

A lot of care is putted in that hostel. It smells good and people are happy to be there.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very well-run hostel. Clean rooms and facilities. I stayed at the 8 bed dorm and the beds were very comfortable. Good outdoor area with a chessboard and glass dome.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 1st Jul 2015