Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Great place! Clean, well looked after, great facilities, nice atmosphere - will be back :-)

Staff is friendly, overall pleasant atmosphere. We had a private room- it was clean and comfortable, bathroom well kept. Kitchen and common area were nice.

• 31st Aug 2014

We loved the unusual charm of the Jedi huts!! The Star Wars naming theme was a bonus for the boyfriend. Loved the view in the morning from the door. Cosy little huts, that are simply charming! Not normally hostel visitors, but I think we might be back soon.

• 31st Aug 2014

Really nice hostel in the middle of nowhere. But it's a pitty that no breakfast will be served. For dinner a very close hotel and pub serve excellent food.

We stayed in here for our weekend trip up north. This hostel as got to be one of the best I've ever stayed in. The owner is a funny guy, who's really helpful in planning out your weekend. I really like his sense of humour too! ;) The hostel itself is big, clean and has a beautiful garden that (on a sunny day) is perfect for eating outdoors + the glass dome is rather comfy! The kitchen and facilities are perfect! And decorations inside are entertaining and quirky! Will definitely visit again!

no wi-fi there with the argument that this is too remote and there is a bad infrastructure. actually, you get a decent 3g signal up there and there is something they could do to get at least basic wi-fi for the guests. having no wi-fi is really an issue if you like to travel without a big plan and need to book the next stop from the skyewalker hostel

• 29th Aug 2014

Don't often leave reviews but these guys deserve one. Really nice experience. Family who run the place are lovely and super helpful. Rooms and facilities very good. Very pleased. Would definitely recommend. Wish my wife was more open to staying in hostels as opposed to hotels.... we'd save a fortune and also have more interesting trips I think, especially if they were all like this.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Great hostel.

The best hostel I have been in!

simply fantastic! one of the best hostels where I never stayed... maybe really the best one!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Best hostel in Scotland from all we have been to!

• 21st Aug 2014

in my opinion there are too many rules....backpackers maybe prefer more freedom..

This is the best hostel in Scotland! We had a great stay, I truly recommend it.

We had a amazing stay in your remarkable hostel :-) Thanx for the friendly and handy tips to explore Skye. I`ll definitely come back! Greets Constanze

• 19th Aug 2014

A great place to stay, very friendly staff ! Good location.

We had a very good stay at Skyewalker hostel. It´s a great location to visit Skye and it´s very easy to meet people and talk about all the things to visit on the island!

• 18th Aug 2014

Perfect hostel!! very nice and helpful staffs, plenty of space in the kitchen and pretty decoration in the garden! We really enjoyed hostel theme :) will definitely go back again!

Very nice Hostel in the middle of everything. Anyway in a good position for daily visit of the island.

I really enjoyed staying at Skyewalker, it is clean, comfy and the atmosphere of its location is astonishing. The only problem was the ventilation of the 8 bed mixed room that we slept in.

• 18th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The perfect place to stay on Skye Island! Good facilities, good atmosphere, a bit familiar with board games, a nice kitchen. I recommand!

View all Isle of Skye Hostels