Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

I arrived. I got a tour. Some stuff happened. I enjoyed that stuff. Then I left. I would recommend to anyone that they should go to this place, arrive, get a tour, do some stuff. enjoy that stuff, and leave. The whole experience was awash with good feelings, beautiful scenery, and friendly staff. I hope I get the chance to come back. Only downside was my room-mates holding their AGM at 2am. Not the hostel's fault though. Also, sorry I forgot to strip my bed, only remembered after I left.

• 4th Jul 2015

A lot of care is putted in that hostel. It smells good and people are happy to be there.

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very well-run hostel. Clean rooms and facilities. I stayed at the 8 bed dorm and the beds were very comfortable. Good outdoor area with a chessboard and glass dome.

Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Finland

Lovely, just missing locked lockers.

Very good accommodation with fantastic atmosphere

• 28th Jun 2015
  • Slovakia
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The Jedi Hut was very nice.

• 24th Jun 2015

Brilliant, quirky hostel, with some wonderful features and thoughtful touches. Finally a mirror with a plug underneath for a hairdryer! Good pillows too (unusual). The only difficult but was the narrowness of the kitchen, which needed a bit of a kitchen-dance to manage with other people.... but overall excellent and good fun.

• 24th Jun 2015

No Wi-fi, but with the friendly "nice to meet you" vibe of this place, and the awesome offerings of the Isle you shouldn't miss it for a few days. Very clean, great staff and generous facilities. Lacked some lockers for your goods in the rooms but otherwise safe feeling place!

We thought the hut room R2 was the best room we had the pleasure of staying in for our entire 30 day tour of Scotland, England and Ireland.

• 22nd Jun 2015

Very impressed! The nicest and most imaginative hostel I've stayed in! Very friendly and welcoming, very clean, everything seems thought out and presented well! We were shown around the premises when we checked in and offered lots of suggestions of places to eat and things to see in Skye and given a map! I would really like to go back and stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2015

We had the best time ever there and will deffinitly gonna return! Had amazing staff and great facilities. Very creative and athmospheric setting for a hostel. and very organized :-)

• Hungary

What a great hostel! One of the best ones I have ever stayed in so far. Quite small - but there's nothing missing. Everything's clean and tidy and and just what you expect from a hostel. The best is the good atmosphere in the hostel. It feels like home immediately and in the kitchen and in the lounge it was always easy to chat to other people. We already miss it - definitely again!

very good hostel ,the staff is very helpful and welcoming just wonderful!! we recommend

• 20th Jun 2015

It would be nice to have somewhere to stay while the entire hostel is evacuated for cleaning. I was told that I can't use the bathroom or the kitchen for insurance reasons, but at a distant location like Skyewalker hostel it is quite hard to find an alternative bathroom... But overall it was a fantastic stay.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Wifi please!!!!

• 18th Jun 2015

Yep! We'll second that! Thanks for the review!

Hostel was lovely. Only possible grouse is the lack of wifi, especially since Skye has poor data coverage in general. But otherwise everything about the hostel is perfect!

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Skye's poor data coverage and our lack of wifi are, I'm afraid, beyond our control. Hope it didn't spoil your stay too much!

Very good hostel but you need a car because buses are lacking in Skye

• 18th Jun 2015

Very crowded with high turnover, but that's probably how it is on Skye. The kitchen was super busy to the point where it was a bit stressfull with so many people trying to fix a meal/wash the dishes at the same time.

Everything you'd want in a hostel, cosy and homey but with modern facilities. Easy to hitch-hike to and from. Great staff, excellent self-catering kitchen, nice rooms, proper showers, and this lovely communal comfy conservatory dome thing in the garden to meet the other guests. The Old Inn pub down the road has live Scottish music twice a week and a brilliant range of beers. Perfect for a weekend away.

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a nice review! Hope to see you again some weekend in the future! Cheers from the Skyewalkers!

View all Isle of Skye Hostels