Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

My family and I had a great time in Skyewalker Hostel. Very well located as it is close to the Cuillins, we appreciated the cleanliness, the warmth of the people that welcomed us. The atmosphere was delightful, and the concert was a splendid experience to us, even if we could'nt understand the whole thing. First time in this hostel with our 2 boys, we hope it won't be the last !

• 30th Apr 2015

My friend and I were staying in Skywalker hostel for 3 nights and ejoyed it very much! Lovely staff, good location and very cosy warm room with a private bathroom. The only thing I had any objections to was the level of noise outside of the rooms when other guests left their doors open while socialising with their friends late at night (keeping us awake)- worth mentioning to all guests + slamming doors that are super loud as well. We had a great time though and would always go back :) Thanks.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland

This is a great hostel with a lovely feel about it. Recommend it.

Very friendly staff, good views, and a nice outside area. Some of the best bathrooms/showers I've seen in a hostel. Close to a good pub and the Talisker distillery and fairy pools too.

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Skyewalker Hostel!

I stayed in a twin room in the Skyewalker, which was comfortable, spacious and had a good view. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgable of the islands sights. Would definitely recommend this as a base to explore Skye.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your recommendation and your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

WiFi connection needed

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I had booked in for 3 nights and ended up staying for 6. A peaceful location with accessibility to the entire island, excellent facilities and plenty of communal areas to chill out in, and the most friendly staff. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone and intend to go back.

You stayed so long the place just isn't the same without you, Brian! Thanks for your fantastic review and we look forward to the return of this particular Jedi! Slainte from all the Skyewalkers! x

Absolutely brilliant couldn't fault it at all... just like having a family gathering

• 20th Apr 2015

Thank you for your lovely review! Glad to hear that you felt a part of the Skyewalker family! Thanks for sharing the love x

Skyewalker was indeed the best hostel I've ever stayed in. With a lot of love for detail and, great facilities in kitchen and bath, cleanliness and more, the owners established a wonderful atmosphere. I felt very welcome and home. Keep doing it like that guys! I will definitely recommend you to everyone, who's visiting Skye and will come back myself as well.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for giving us such a great review and we appreciate the recommendations! Look forward to the next time! Cheers from the Skyewalkers!

Great hostel!

Brian, Lisa & Georgia were amazing hosts. They were very knowledgable on the area and what to do on the island, as well as super friendly. The hostel is set in a beautiful location and really is an extension of their home for their guests. We felt completely at ease and relaxed while at Skyewalkers and would definitely go back.

And we'd love to see you again! Thank you for the fantastic review and enjoy the rest of your travels!

The Jedi huts are really lovely - cosy, cute, and romantic. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the setting is remote but just perfect. There's a nearby pub and a few other places to eat, but it's all quite spread out so factor in transport.

Thanks for the great review and kind words about the staff! Skye is quite a large island and we would agree that to get the most out of your trip here, it really is best to have a car. Glad you were feeling the love in our Jedi hut and hope to see you again sometime!

The hostel has a great vibe - with amazing facilities! The glass dome is perfect for chilling out on a sunny but cold day. There are lots of games, makes it easy to meet people. The kitchen is big and well stocked. Most importantly, the location is perfect. It's sort of central so you can drive to the northern part or the Cuillans in the south in the same amount of time. It's 10 mins from Talisker distillery! No wifi and showers are poor, but staff and facilities more than make up for this!

• 15th Apr 2015

The showers can be difficult to set to the right temperature and it can make the evening, even the morning shower less pleasant.

Lovely staff, easy going attitude, stated in the jedi huts which were great.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very welcoming staff .Hostel was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Only had one night on this visit but would use the Hostel again and recommend to others. Viv Griffiths

• Scotland

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review, Viv! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we'll see you again sometime! Slainte from Team Skyewalker!

Great stay. Everything the reviews said and more. Recommended highly

• Couple, 41+

Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you the next time you're passing through Portnalong!

Great hostel in an excellent location for exploring Skye. Friendly owners and staff. Brian went out of his way to offer advice as to the best places to visit, and the hostel has a great atmosphere. There is no wifi available (or any signal) which is a pity, but on the upside this means that people actually talk to each other rather than sitting isolated on the internet. A break from the network is quite refreshing. On the whole my son and I really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely go back.

• Scotland

Thank you for your fab review! As I have mentioned in previous comments, the wifi situation is beyond our control but I am glad that you felt the benefit of doing things the good old fashioned way. The best connection is the human kind! Hope to see you again soon!

Very warm and peaceful place. I'll be back soon.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

We will look forward to it! Thanks for your great review! Slainte from the Skyewalkers, Martin! x

The atmosphere in the hostel is one my group will remember for a long time. It was friendly and there felt a mutual enjoyment amongst the guests. I've never been to a hostel that felt so welcoming.

• 10th Apr 2015

Thanks for your great review! We pride ourselves on running a hostel that encourages guests to mix and get to know each other....but the success of our plans relies on our guests being up for it! Thank you for being so lovely! Hopefully we can welcome you back another time!

View all Isle of Skye Hostels