Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

We absolutely loved this hostel! It was a trek to get there but well worth it! It was such a warm peaceful yet lively environment. The staff was fantastic and the view from the location was amazing! We felt very safe and welcomed here and wish we could have stayed longer!

This hostel was definitely one of the best I've stayed in. Incredibly clean with wonderfully helpful staff! They are truely there to make sure you get the most out of trip to Skye!

• 15th Jun 2015

Thanks for your lovely review! Glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your time on the Isle of Skye!

Value for money. Clean beds , toilets & friendly staff. If only there is wifi or gd internet connection.

Thanks for your review !

Just loved the stay at Skyewalker Hostel! Two Days there were as relaxing as two weeks of vacation. Rooms are excellent and the hostel is just perfect. I plan to come back soon... ;)

• 13th Jun 2015

My new favourite! The owners and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, location is stunning (buses/hitchhiking much easier/safer than I imagined), and the whole place is obviously run with love. This hostel is a decidedly unique little spot in the world for travellers to come together and enjoy a bit of peace in the gorgeous hills of Skye. I can't say enough good things about my experience. No wifi and lockout hours weren't the bother I expected and well worth it given everything else.

• 12th Jun 2015

We have nothing but praise for this establishment. Very friendly staff, superb facilities and attention to detail is of a very high standard.

• 12th Jun 2015

Loved it! Really nice guys and such a beautiful place. They make you feel really welcome.

Hello! We had a great time at the hostel, fabulous place and just the right amount of eccentricity! We loved the garden area, and the kitchen facilities! thank you! The only comment I'd make is whether it's possible to have a curfew on the living room area of 11pm? We stayed in a private room just opposite and there were a group of people having fun, playing guitars until midnight. I felt bad about telling them to stop, but it was quite noisy. Many thanks!

• 10th Jun 2015

Perfect place to stay at a perfect place of earth! Kind staff, clean and nice rooms.

• 9th Jun 2015
  • Hungary

The hostel is extremely well kept with plenty of humorous items on the walls. It is clean and everything one could need in a hostel on a remote island. Brian, one of the owners, is hilarious and a delight to talk with, especially after each day of activities. The two girls that work there that we got to know (Heather and Callie - may be spelling that wrong) were wonderfully helpful and also great to hang out with and play some jenga!

• 8th Jun 2015

Friendly and warm welcome. Clean and spacious with fantastic atmosphere. Great pub just round the corner. Probably the best hostel in the world.

• 8th Jun 2015

Thanks for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure to meet you and I hope the weather remains biker friendly for the rest of your trip! Fingers crossed for Stirling!! Cheers from all the Skyewalkers!

Simply the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The staff was amazing, helpful and always open for a talk. Everything was clean and the kitchen was perfectly equipped. Also, it was just great there was no WiFi. There were no people staring at her phones while playing games or talking, so the atmosphere was just tremendous and relaxed. It was so easy and uncomplicated to get to know new people, new impressions. Thanks for all, Brian and Lisa :) best wishes, Elias (with the banjo, thank you Brian!)

• 7th Jun 2015

have been traveling on road over 6 years, this hostel defo one of the best hostel I have been stay in for sure!! JUST don't the location wouldn't be convenient for the foot walker with the heavy backpack (I was hitch hiked there but I was surprised by the location was really hard to reach without car/ bus(there is a bus stop to leave but make sure u also check the route to come then sure it is easier)

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

This is probably my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in!

The Skyewalker Hostel is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The atmosphere is so unique. The dome out back is magical to talk in at night, and the Jedi Hut was amazing.

• 6th Jun 2015

Our stay at Skyewalker Hostel was pleasant. The staff were friendly and the premises were generally well maintained. It would have been nice if there was WiFi available.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • India

Thank you for reviewing and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.We agree with you, that it would indeed be nice if there was wifi! Superfast broadband is making it's way to Skye...just not that super fast! In the meantime, our reception staff are always more than happy to help guests find any information they need to enable them to get the most out of their island experience!

Jedi Hut was AWESOME!!

• 3rd Jun 2015

We stayed in the Jedi Huts and they were perfect. The hostel owners were very friendly and helpful and gave advice on how to spend the remainder of our time on Skye. Unfortunately it was raining so we didn't get to take advantage of the chess set or the stargazing dome but our hut was snug and warm and the perfect hideout for the two of us. The only thing to be aware of is that this hostel does not have breakfast or wifi. Both are available a short drive down the road, however.

• 1st Jun 2015

Very friendly staff. Excellent kitchen facilities. Beautiful garden. Very clean. Cosy common area. Very small rooms but thats not very important. Unfortunately there was no wifi. Because of that, more travelguides, hiking maps and detailled information material would be necessary. All in all we were very satisfied.

awesome hostel, where you never get bored :-)

• 31st May 2015