Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

When i arrived at the hostel and had to make my bed, i thought this was weird, but when i saw other clients not making their bed before using it, i felt disguted. This can easily be avoided by having the staff making the beds which is what you expect anyway from a four stars... I certainly did not understand why this hostel was awarded as the best. Overall the hostel is nice but very remoted and far away from any attractions. Many other hostels on the isle were cheaper and better

• 3rd May 2015

Thanks for reviewing!. In our experience, most guests who hostel regularly appreciate making their bed with the fresh, clean linen laid out for them. That way, they know for sure that they are the only ones to have slept in them! Our beds are so clean we let you see what's under the sheets too! The weather was bad and you had no transport so we understand why you feel the hostel was remote. Usually, guests in this situation make friends with others who can help. We are sorry you were unable to!

Simply one of the best hostel ever. The staff, the small details and location made us wanting to make our stay longer.

We wanted you to stay longer too! Thanks for the great review and hope we meet again! Cheers from the Skyewalkers!

Lovely hostel. Warm & welcoming staff, great facilities, very comfy and spotlessly clean. Would definitely recommend it.

A great hostel with excellent hosts, well equipped and clean

• 1st May 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for your great review, we really appreciate it! see you again sometime!

Really nice place! We had a warm welcoming and tips about what to visit around. Really nice atmosphere! Really clean, very safe. Would go back there anytime. We just had some difficulties finding the hostel on the first day. I really recommend the Jedi Huts :). Some nice places around to have dinner and breafast. Just make sure to have food with you before going there (closest grocery is in Portree!) Thank you again!

• 30th Apr 2015

My family and I had a great time in Skyewalker Hostel. Very well located as it is close to the Cuillins, we appreciated the cleanliness, the warmth of the people that welcomed us. The atmosphere was delightful, and the concert was a splendid experience to us, even if we could'nt understand the whole thing. First time in this hostel with our 2 boys, we hope it won't be the last !

• 30th Apr 2015

My friend and I were staying in Skywalker hostel for 3 nights and ejoyed it very much! Lovely staff, good location and very cosy warm room with a private bathroom. The only thing I had any objections to was the level of noise outside of the rooms when other guests left their doors open while socialising with their friends late at night (keeping us awake)- worth mentioning to all guests + slamming doors that are super loud as well. We had a great time though and would always go back :) Thanks.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Poland

This is a great hostel with a lovely feel about it. Recommend it.

Very friendly staff, good views, and a nice outside area. Some of the best bathrooms/showers I've seen in a hostel. Close to a good pub and the Talisker distillery and fairy pools too.

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Skyewalker Hostel!

I stayed in a twin room in the Skyewalker, which was comfortable, spacious and had a good view. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgable of the islands sights. Would definitely recommend this as a base to explore Skye.

• 26th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Thank you for your recommendation and your review. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

WiFi connection needed

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. I had booked in for 3 nights and ended up staying for 6. A peaceful location with accessibility to the entire island, excellent facilities and plenty of communal areas to chill out in, and the most friendly staff. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone and intend to go back.

You stayed so long the place just isn't the same without you, Brian! Thanks for your fantastic review and we look forward to the return of this particular Jedi! Slainte from all the Skyewalkers! x

Absolutely brilliant couldn't fault it at all... just like having a family gathering

• 20th Apr 2015

Thank you for your lovely review! Glad to hear that you felt a part of the Skyewalker family! Thanks for sharing the love x

Skyewalker was indeed the best hostel I've ever stayed in. With a lot of love for detail and, great facilities in kitchen and bath, cleanliness and more, the owners established a wonderful atmosphere. I felt very welcome and home. Keep doing it like that guys! I will definitely recommend you to everyone, who's visiting Skye and will come back myself as well.

• 19th Apr 2015

Thank you very much for giving us such a great review and we appreciate the recommendations! Look forward to the next time! Cheers from the Skyewalkers!

Great hostel!

Brian, Lisa & Georgia were amazing hosts. They were very knowledgable on the area and what to do on the island, as well as super friendly. The hostel is set in a beautiful location and really is an extension of their home for their guests. We felt completely at ease and relaxed while at Skyewalkers and would definitely go back.

And we'd love to see you again! Thank you for the fantastic review and enjoy the rest of your travels!

The Jedi huts are really lovely - cosy, cute, and romantic. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and the setting is remote but just perfect. There's a nearby pub and a few other places to eat, but it's all quite spread out so factor in transport.

Thanks for the great review and kind words about the staff! Skye is quite a large island and we would agree that to get the most out of your trip here, it really is best to have a car. Glad you were feeling the love in our Jedi hut and hope to see you again sometime!

The hostel has a great vibe - with amazing facilities! The glass dome is perfect for chilling out on a sunny but cold day. There are lots of games, makes it easy to meet people. The kitchen is big and well stocked. Most importantly, the location is perfect. It's sort of central so you can drive to the northern part or the Cuillans in the south in the same amount of time. It's 10 mins from Talisker distillery! No wifi and showers are poor, but staff and facilities more than make up for this!

The showers can be difficult to set to the right temperature and it can make the evening, even the morning shower less pleasant.

Lovely staff, easy going attitude, stated in the jedi huts which were great.

• 14th Apr 2015