Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Lovely staff, easy going attitude, stated in the jedi huts which were great.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very welcoming staff .Hostel was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. Only had one night on this visit but would use the Hostel again and recommend to others. Viv Griffiths

• Scotland

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review, Viv! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we'll see you again sometime! Slainte from Team Skyewalker!

Great stay. Everything the reviews said and more. Recommended highly

• Couple, 41+

Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you the next time you're passing through Portnalong!

Great hostel in an excellent location for exploring Skye. Friendly owners and staff. Brian went out of his way to offer advice as to the best places to visit, and the hostel has a great atmosphere. There is no wifi available (or any signal) which is a pity, but on the upside this means that people actually talk to each other rather than sitting isolated on the internet. A break from the network is quite refreshing. On the whole my son and I really enjoyed our stay, and will definitely go back.

• Scotland

Thank you for your fab review! As I have mentioned in previous comments, the wifi situation is beyond our control but I am glad that you felt the benefit of doing things the good old fashioned way. The best connection is the human kind! Hope to see you again soon!

Very warm and peaceful place. I'll be back soon.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Czech Republic

We will look forward to it! Thanks for your great review! Slainte from the Skyewalkers, Martin! x

The atmosphere in the hostel is one my group will remember for a long time. It was friendly and there felt a mutual enjoyment amongst the guests. I've never been to a hostel that felt so welcoming.

• 10th Apr 2015

Thanks for your great review! We pride ourselves on running a hostel that encourages guests to mix and get to know each other....but the success of our plans relies on our guests being up for it! Thank you for being so lovely! Hopefully we can welcome you back another time!

A great stay, I really recommand this accomodation and if I come back to the beautiful Isle of Skye, I will come back to this one, for sure!

• 8th Apr 2015

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We will look forward to seeing you again! Cheers from all the Skyewalkers!

Very nice and unique hostel with very friendly staff. Nice and clean facilities. The bedroom was a bit small but it was not a big issue as we spent our time out and only used it to sleep. The bathrooms were quite big. HOWEVER, we thought that two showers were not enough for all the guests that were staying there. There was always some queue in the women's showers. All in all, it is a great place to stay in the Isle of Skye and we are very pleased with it.

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We would like to install more showers however, the low water pressure on the island means that there is a limit to how many showers we can run effectively. I hope that this explains the situation and that it did not spoil your stay too much.Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Efficient but relaxed staff. Really welcoming. Great for children too. Lots of friendly chat of an evening. Lots of nice walks in the area too.

• 6th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Everything is awesome! Really a very very very nice hostel,the atmosphere is perfect and everything is so nice and neat. I will stay here next time without thoughts

Thank you for your excellent review. You were an awesome guest and we look forward to seeing you again sometime!

great hospitality by Brian and Lisa! we loved the glass dome and garden behind the cabin. pity we didn't get to see the stars though. kitchen and cooking facilities are great and there's always people to talk to, so it's a perfect place to make new friends!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Thank you for your great review! Glad you enjoyed the dome and we'll try and arrange for the stars to make an appearance next time you visit!

The stay was brilliant. The atmosphere was great and the staff superb to help out, particularly the girl at the reception. I hope to return anytime soon. Keep up the good work. And where people see the lack of internet as a problem as see it as virtue, as it's great to be there and live the experience without the internet to distract you.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

One of my favourite hostels.

• 4th Apr 2015

Thanks! It was nice to meet you. Hope to see you again sometime! Slainte from the Skyewalkers!

Really nice hostel with nice hosts. Highly recommendable!!

• 4th Apr 2015

Thanks for your great review and we really appreciate your recommendations!

Dear Lisa and Brian, Andi and me really enjoyed staying in your hostel! The welcome was very warm and informative and we had a good time:-) Cheers for everything, Chris and Andi

• 4th Apr 2015

It was great to meet you both and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks for the great review and we hope to see you again sometime! Slainte from the Skyewalkers!

I missed Wi fi connection,but I guess that it is because of the location of hostel. The roads to reach skywalker hostel are not the best but are in the average of island. Excellent the person who made us check in. I do not understand why you can not check in later than 9 pm.It is too early. In general and having in account prices of other hostels in Skye, this is a very good choice.

• Spain

Thank you for your review and we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The main reason our latest check in time is 9pm is to enable all guests, even the ones who fancy an early night, to have a good sleep without late arrivals disturbing them. We are also aware that many of our guests are not accustomed to driving on Highland roads and our 9pm reception closure encourages people to get here before it gets dark. Lastly, we are a family run business and we need our beauty sleep too!

We stayed only for one night but would have stayed longer. Staff was very helpful giving hiking advice. Very clean and cozy hostel with personality! We loved it!

• 3rd Apr 2015

You will just have to come back another time! Thank you for your braw review and we hope to see you again!

A lovely "family home" atmosphere set in exquisite surroundings. You're guaranteed a superb stay, either meeting people in very comfortable communal living areas or then spending peaceful time on your own.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Finland

Thank you so much for your lovely review! we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again sometime! Cheers!

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »