Skyewalker Hostel Reviews

The Old School, Portnalong, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Great hostel, loads of facilities, spotlessly clean. Lots of interesting, quirky, one off bits of deco, etc that gave the place loads of character. Couldn't fault a thing, an exceptionally pleasant stay after another rainy day in Skye

• 14th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks for your great review! Sorry about the weather but then, if we could control that, we wouldn't be washing sheets for a living! Glad you had a pleasant stay!

Wow. Best hostel ever visited. Well done lovely skywalker family :-)

Thank you, Julia for your wonderful review! The Skyewalker family says, "May the force be with you!"

The location is great if you have a car. The bathrooms are very clean I was very impressed compared with other hostels I've stayed at. The atmosphere was great. The only down side was the price however it was the cheapest option for the Isle of skye. Over all was very good and would stay again.

• 6th May 2014

Lovely place, I was disappointed to miss out on music sessions but the group booking was massive and perhaps I ought to have phoned before booking - that's the trouble with remote online shopping shoppers! Hello to Georgia and portugese cake-maker! Hope the sun shines on you or .. at least within you ;)

The showers aren't great but that is clear due to the unique location. Nice atmosphere and very friendly staff!

• 30th Apr 2014

As I explained to an earlier reviewer, we are limited by the infrastructure of a rural island and at times of peak demand, the flow can be slightly restricted. If the water flowed as freely through the pipes as the banter from the Skyewalker staff, the world would be a happier place!! Glad you enjoyed your stay and thanks for your review.

An amazing hostel with friendly staff and great facilities! One of the best I've seen so far :)

The facilities were so nice and clean! The walls were a bit thin and could hear our neighbors at night, but didn't affect my opinion of the place. Beautiful location and met lots of nice people here.

• 27th Apr 2014

Thanks for your review. As we only allow nice people to stay at our hostel, that's the kina folk you're going to meet at Skyewalker! We use the Force to keep the bad ones away!

one of the best hostels we stayed in, really excellent bathrooms (best hostel bathrooms we've ever been to), nicely decorated, friendly people, all in all a really great place. Keep on going!!

Thank you for your really excellent review and your encouragement! We're happy to hear you had a nice time at Skyewalker Hostel!

We were met by Georgia, a very friendly and helpful girl. The hostel is in a beautiful location on the Isle of Skye and was clean, quiet and comfortable. The showers were hot and big enough to take clothes in with us The glass room was cool even though we weren't there long enough to enjoy it.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Maybe next time you'll get to stay for longer! Thanks for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate it!

This was the cleanest and most comfortable hostel I've ever stayed in! Everyone was really friendly and it was absolutely beautiful. A little out of the way but everything kind of is on the Isle of Skye...I would definitely return if I am in the area again.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Thanks for your kind words about our place! We'd love to see you again if you're ever passing through Portnalong!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »