Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

We Liked it so much the first time we stayed we came back again.

Positives - Super friendly professional staff, great food (large portions), good travel desk, free towels, great vibe, close to airport with free pickup, close to a shop, only$1 in bus to Nadi, cheap paddle boarding, lots of activities, some evening entertainment including fire dancing now and again. The big dorm doesn't feel like a big dorm and has A/C. Good overall vibe Negatives - some of the evening entertainment doesn't seem to happen. No free return transfer to airport. Food isn't cheap.

Booked a double bed private and had a strange bunk bed (single on top, double on bottom) and single bed room. Would be good if they advertised this arrangement...defeated the point of booking a 'more comfortable' room. Really close to airport, busy, lots of facilities, onsite shop, free transfer to hostel but not free return. Good for a quick stopover.

I'd recommend the four bed dorms, 16 is a little crowded and hard to keep the bathroom clean with that much traffic! Otherwise a decent hostel, nice restaurant, free wifi and brekkie and a tourist information lady who is very helpful

We had a comfortable ensuite room in a nice location. Given that we wanted to go snorkelling it would have been better to be closer to Port Denarau, However they were extremely helpful at the your desk and all trips included transfers. I like that we could go to nearby resorts and local shops. The price was quite high- next time I will try to book further ahead.

• 1st Jun 2015

Only stayed one night in a 4 bed unisex dorm. Had no major problems and enjoyed my short stay. The only thing I'll mention is there was no hand towel in our bathroom? Also, there was a lack of hooks in the bathroom and the wifi was unpredictable.

Great place, friendly staff

Really liked this hostel. Quite 'resorty' with families and couples staying there but still easy as a solo traveller to make friends. Easy to get to from the airport and into town. Breakfast was an added benefit

No hot water for shower available on entire stay, not fixed either and no alternative suggestion is given, for example: change room if no hot water available.

• 17th May 2015
  • India

This was probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It was actually just a hotel with dorms. Its spacious, clean, secure, the staff do everything for you... Almost everyone seems to use it as a 1 night stop-over between arrival and going to the outer islands (like me), but I could definitely have stayed longer. Nice restaurant, free canoes and activities, pool, etc etc. Loved it!

The lady on the activities desk was really nice and helpful

• 7th May 2015

Great place, great atmosphere. Shame the beach sand isn't the best but thats okay.

fantastic staff, very helpful and polite. They gave me a lot of help since I was using a cane and sometimes found myself in trouble to get up, there was always one of your staff there to assist me. I would definetly come back should I find myself in Fiji again. Thanks again for a great stay!

• 3rd May 2015

Fantastic transiting hostel!

Thought the place was pretty good overall. The beach wasn't what I expected though. If you need to book any tours on your trip to Fiji I'd definitely recommend speaking to a lady called Loma in the tours counter at smugglers. She is amazingly efficient at her job, I was very impressed!!!

Great place to stay for 1 or 2 nights before/after island hopping. Busy but good atmosphere. Nice breakfast included. Stayed in 16bed female dorm - good security and allocated space. 2 bathrooms - just got a bit dirty by the evening :( Overall good though!

Good hostel to stay at to and from the islands. Free airport pickup was handy. Good bar and great food selection for a good price.

Good security with a scan card but inside a room with 32 people, there is always a slight risk. Location is right in between the airport and Nadi town but seriously nothing much to do in Nadi. Staff are really friendly. However, my request to switch my bed from the top to bottom was rejected even as I offered to move my used beddings. Its kinda disappointing later knowing that the guest sleeping below is only staying for a night. Overall pretty good value given the price we paid.

Great place to throw down for a couple of days while sorting out travel plans

Awesome place! It's like a resort for backpackers. There's a restaurant, bar, and café onsite, and awesome staff who will help you book any tours you'd like to do. My room was very clean (when I stayed in the girls' dorm, the beds and lockers were brand new), and the same with the bathrooms. I like the lounge área outside, with the beach right in front. They have free activities and a free dance show that is actually really good. I'd recommend this place for sure. :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3