Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Only for sleeping. Staff were the unfriendliest persons I met in whole Fiji. Breakfast ok, all you can eat.

Amazing holiday. Amazing staff. Especially Louisa T made our stay memorable for looking after us and always with a smile on her face. Extended our stay because we liked it so much.

• 31st Jan 2016

Great hostel. Good atmosphere, great food and good facilities. Some of the best on this 'strip'- as the majority of hostels (bamboo, Aquarius etc.) are located together on the same road. Was clean and secure- great stay before we left Fiji

Big dorm was freezing cold but beds were comfortable and very private. Staff were really helpful, friendly and accommodating.

Smugglers Cove is probably the best hostel in Nadi but having said that the bathrooms in the dorms are horrific and I saw multiple cockroaches. Which I know the climate attracts them, the staff could do a better job at cleaning the dorm and bathroom floors! Overall, I enjoyed my stay and if I come again I'd stay in a private room as they looked a lot cleaner!

Very much enjoyed my stay , the staff were great and so helpful. I stayed in the dorm which was great value for money , a little cramped and a lot of people. But for the money was great. Breakfast was basic but good. Toilets were basic and only two female toilets. Would defiantly stay again

• 9th Jan 2016

Stayed over New Years and it was a great atmosphere of travellers and locals. Stayed for three nights and I would have to say the buffet got progressively worse, the first day and night the food was varied and tasty but on the last day we were eating packet noodles and left overs from breakfast. But aside from that I enjoyed my stay, very clean toilets and dorms which was good seeing as there were a lot of us using them

CHEAPER ON HOSTELWORLD THAN BOOKING ON ARRIVAL. Good location to spend one or two nights before moving on to the islands. Free airport pickup. Good breakfast. Dorms have air con. Good atmosphere with Kavaholics entertainment in the evening. Restaurant food generally good but takes its time to come out and is a bit more expensive than expected. Bathrooms need a refresh. Some building work going on at the moment, but didn't affect my stay.

I went to Fiji with my husband for our honeymoon. We booked 1,5 months in advance in Smugglers Cove but at the end they gave us a room in their budget partner hotel Horizon. It wasn't at all what we were expecting.

• 11th Dec 2015
  • Costa Rica

Ver y nice place. My dorm for 4 people esa really good. A/C and bathroom inside the room. Atmosphere si not that good because Nadi it's just a place to stay waiting for your flight or to travel to one of the islands. Best hostel in the place

Decent hostel/hotel, facilities and activities good. Joe the activities manager is brilliant and super friendly and mixes the activities up. Loma on the travel desk is really informative and helpful.

Fun place. Located right on the beach. $14 FJD to get from the airport to the hostel. Location makes you feel like you are not in the run down areas of Nadi. Fun atmosphere, friendly people! Bar and grill attached but service is not fast, however thats how it is all over Fiji. They really are on Fiji time, so don't expect anything quickly... "no hurry no worry" is what they say and pretty accurate. I would definitely stay again if in Nadi.

Even if you sleep in a big dormitory , you are in fact in a very nice mid range resort and you can enjoy all the activities . it is a great place to stay and the staff is endlessly smiling . It is possible to go to the airport by public bus , much cheaper than the shuttle or taxi . Just go to the main road and get on the Latoka bus.

Such a great time! The staff was really lovely, especially the Activities Coordinator, Joe. The beachfront was very relaxing, and you could take a kayak out any time. Free breakfasts were simple and sufficient, but we ended up buying breakfast at the cafe to satisfy a bacon and egg craving. The free wifi was a bit slow, but that enabled us to really relax on our holiday.

• 26th Oct 2015

Nice enough hostel. Has everything you need on premises. Was good value for money and close to airport. On the beach too with plenty of activities.

Overall, I was relatively pleased with my stay at Smugglers Cove.

Fantastic! It's three Fijan dollars more expensive per night in the dorm than others in the area but it is so much nicer, and you get a free breakfast (you couldn't buy breakfast for 3fjd!) so it is much better value. Staff are friendly and the area is great. We stayed in the 34 bed dorm and it is all blocked off into groups of four so you really don't feel like it's that big. Very close to airport and excellent transport links around the island.

Beautiful room, the bed was very sturdy and comfortable. Locker was provided for valuables. There is free Wi-Fi in the lobby and restaurant by you have to pay extra if you want it in the room. The key deposit was $50 FJD which I thought was very high but I assume part of that goes towards the towel and blanket hire.

The bathroom was very dirty. Too many cockroaches. Drinks were very expensive as well.

Got there early with the free shuttle but sat around for five hours with check in not until 2. Somewhere to put bags though. Don't exchange money here! I got $400 FJD for $200 USD at the airport, and $370 FJD here for the same amount. Not cool. Free breakfast is toast, fruit, and hot or cold cereal, have to pay for all other meals since there's no kitchen. Nice back patio though and quite friendly staff. Would stay here again but not for nearly as long. More of a hotel than hostel feel.