Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Scored low because of 2 reasons. First, the bathroom in the female dorm was disgustingly dirty - everyone agreed it was especially bad. Second, as I was checking out, the male receptionist made me feel a little uncomfortable by trying to start a conversation about how I shouldn't travel alone, that I should have come with a boyfriend and how he thought I was probably good looking enough to get one. Not necessary at 5.30am before a long haul flight - not the biggest deal in the world, but still.

Beautiful Hostel, beautiful beach front and cool amusement , the staff is really nice and helpfull

Beautiful hostel (feels more like a resort) and very clean!

Lovely staff. Great piña colada.

• 4th Aug 2015

Staff were quite rude, and I felt targeted because I was young. I am 20 but look much younger. When my friends and I were joined at our table by more mature people the waiting and managing staff's manner changed completely.

• 3rd Aug 2015

I had such a good stay. The staff were awesome! Sitiven went above and beyond in customer service and made my stay so much nicer. Generally the staff were awesome. Cleanliness in girls toilets in the 16 bed dorm could of been better. Thanks for everything!

• 1st Aug 2015

the staff are amazing!

Stayed in a dorm with an ensuite and the bathrooms were disgustingly dirty and gross, not to mention the showers were cold!!

Hi I stayed at the deluxe room no 309 and checked out on 22nd and left my items in the luggage room as my flight was at 8pm I had done the final packing so I can be ready to leave .When I arrived I found a bag that had my valuable iphone cash headphones sunglasses and other items not there Someone must have opened it and just walked away with it I tried contacting the resort but success

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Fiji

Extremely unhappy with this hotel and hostel world. I booked a double bed. When I turn up they did not have a room. So was put into another hotel with a Single bed. When I asked for a double bed that I had paid for was told it would cost more. Really stuff my last day in Fiji. Also the people I was traveling with did not get the rooms they had booked for. They had book a twin single and got a double bed not two singls beds as booked. I would not used this site again.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant but the rooms smell like gas and the shower rooms get really dirty. Staff are quite rude and look grumpy. There isn't much to do where the hostel is though I guess it's just a stop before you island hop.

Aside from being moved around for the first few days from dorm to dorm, everything else was great. For the price, Smugglers Cove is a decent place to stay. The staff are really friendly although the high turn over of guests can create some confusion for them when it comes to getting everyone what they want. The facilities are spot on and the area is well maintained.

• 16th Jul 2015

The big dorm is good because it doesn't feel so massive but not great if want a good sleep because of noise from reception till 12. Cool place for individual travellers though and good food and facilities, so much stuff is always happening. Bus comes every hour or a taxi to town is 10fjd. Also great sunsets!

This hostel was clean, we'll run with good facilities. I would recommend it for a good value stay, close to the airport and the port for the island hopping trips.

• 9th Jul 2015

Great staff, good location right on the beach, perfect to stay a few days before moving on to the other islands. Doesn't feel like a hostel, but it's really good anyway, if you're searching for something more similar to a hostel pick Bamboo or Travelers Lodge (it's the same but with different names).

The owners wife is rude and mistreats the staff. The way she spoke to the staff was unacceptable, especially infront of customers. She should not be working in a customer service environment with an attitude like that

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

We Liked it so much the first time we stayed we came back again.

Positives - Super friendly professional staff, great food (large portions), good travel desk, free towels, great vibe, close to airport with free pickup, close to a shop, only$1 in bus to Nadi, cheap paddle boarding, lots of activities, some evening entertainment including fire dancing now and again. The big dorm doesn't feel like a big dorm and has A/C. Good overall vibe Negatives - some of the evening entertainment doesn't seem to happen. No free return transfer to airport. Food isn't cheap.

Booked a double bed private and had a strange bunk bed (single on top, double on bottom) and single bed room. Would be good if they advertised this arrangement...defeated the point of booking a 'more comfortable' room. Really close to airport, busy, lots of facilities, onsite shop, free transfer to hostel but not free return. Good for a quick stopover.

The hostel is clean and nice and the dorms are spacious. Breakfast is included and decent and the restaurant serves very good food often with evening entertainment. There are a number of activities both free and paid during the day but the sun lounges are the best for soaking up the sun all day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3