Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Awesome place! It's like a resort for backpackers. There's a restaurant, bar, and café onsite, and awesome staff who will help you book any tours you'd like to do. My room was very clean (when I stayed in the girls' dorm, the beds and lockers were brand new), and the same with the bathrooms. I like the lounge área outside, with the beach right in front. They have free activities and a free dance show that is actually really good. I'd recommend this place for sure. :)

Perfect place to start and/or finish a fiji trip. Stayed in 34 bed dorm but it's not as bad as it sounds, sectioned off into 4's, beds are comfy and it has air con. Lovely staff and food, very clean and tidy!

The two ladies that are at the reception desk had attitude and were not helpful with their responses to the legitimate questions I was asking. The impression I got from their communications with me was that I was wasting their time and that they thought I was stupid versus being welcoming, kind, patient, and helpful for a foreigner who had never been to the country and was unfamiliar with a hostel situation.

• 19th Mar 2015

Nice facilities as a hostel - there are everything you need. The beach is dirty and full of trash and dogs running arround attacking people. The water is dirty as well. Location near the beach is very nice but I prefer another place in Fiji with a clean beach. No shops around - you have to eat at their own restaurant and it is very slow service. Only in the evening they are awake and try to sell expensive beer before you are done with the previous one. To stay it is a nice place, cheap and clean

It is right on the beach. The Nadi beaches are not very good but I could go swimming and the waters are very warm. Also you can see a nice sunset over the water every night. The hostel was fine with pretty good value. I stayed in the 34 bed dorm which sounds like it should be awful but every four beds were enclosed in partial walls giving the illusion of privacy so I was quite comfortable there.

I stayed there a week and had a great relaxing stay in fiji. Mostly people stay for two nights and then go for island hopping. I just did a day trip to an island and spent most of the time in the hostel. Great time : beach,Pool, sun, activities like making coconut rings, shell necklaces, rafting and more. U have a locker with your key and a reading light. The stuff was so lovely. Just a week in this hostel and u feel really welcome here. Like a family with the stuff . Worth for the money!

Loved this place. Great staff, clean, lovely outdoor area, bar, loungers on beach, swimming pool, great restaurant good food. Lovely place to stay before and after trip to the Yasawas.

Good nighly entertainment and good food. Air conditioning in the rooms is superb and well needed. Standard free breakfast. Location is good for airport.

Stayed in 32 bed dorm which to my big surprise was brilliantly set up-beds sectioned off into 4

A clear "passing through" hostel that provides backpackers with a jumping off spot for the rest of the trip, or a place to crash before an early flight. The 36 bed dorm, because of this, will not provide you with a good night's sleep as people are leaving extremely early in the morning or arriving late after drinking a few beers. The check in process is also extremely slow, which can be frustrating if tired. Food overpriced. Vibrant atmosphere, good to meet solo travelers.

We couldn't have wished for a better stay in any hostel/resort. The staff made our time there so amazing, I only wished we stayed longer. To Ratu, Luisa, Navi and the two Joe's, thank you so much for being the most happy, smiley, helpful and welcoming people we have ever met. Fiji became a home away from home for us and we will see you again in 6 months for lovo and kava!!!!

Comfortable hostel, feels more a cheap resort. Enjoyed my stay before going out to the islands.

excellent in every respect. Staff were helpful, friendly and helped enhance Smugglers reputation

• 8th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The staff were very friendly and were generally happy to help me. A few days later they called up to see how I was going (i had recently taken ill). The rooms were clean but the AC was a little to low so that you had the rooms very cold when everywhere else was very hot. the food was good but it can take a while to come out. all in all a very good hostel that was a lot better and cheaper than some hotels in Fiji.

• 6th Feb 2015

Good place to stay if you are catching a flight the next day but there is NOTHING around it if you were to stay longer. The beach is rubbish. The hostel is nice and clean and cheap! Also does nice food!

Lovely hostel, Couldn't fault it! It has great food, friendly staff and is a Cosy place to be.

Great place to stay - friendly stay, friendly people. good selection of food and drink (although not the cheapest!) Will be staying again!

its a backpacker but the food its really expensive the cheapest dish is 15 dollars.. and not kitchen or any facility to cook

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Colombia

Bula Juan, appreciate you staying with us & your comments. Our cheapest main menu dish is F$14 which equates to approx US$7 or AU$9 pretty cheap ye! Our sister hostel next door Horizon Backpackers has weekly Meal Deals - Tuesday all day 1/2 Pizza, Thursday F$9 Pasta dish, Friday F$15 Traditional Fijian Lovo Feast & Sunday F$12 Island Curry Buffet all you can eat. Smugglers Cove has a F$6 Sausage Sizzle every Sunday on our beachfront sunset deck. No hostel in Fiji offers cooking facilities. Team

Easy bus to Nadi Town and Denarau. Hostelworld offered at least half the price as the walk in rate. I stayed in the 34 person co-ed dorm. It had had A/C when the staff remembered to turn it on. Also ceiling fans. A towel, fitted bed sheet, no top sheet, (+a blanket- wasn't changed or washed after each check in-just refolded for the next guest.) I had to ask for a clean top sheet. The chatty Fiji staff voices are noisy as early as 4a.m. Free shows & good food. $20 min for cc annoying.

• 18th Jan 2015

If you're going on the Fiji island hopping tour with Awesome Fiji, they have a free shuttle that takes you to the port at about 7:00am. This is where all the backpackers stay before (and after) they depart/return. So have fun and get to know all the people you will be running into the next week or so! There is an ATM on site in the receptions lobby. The beach isn't the best but most people stay here just to connect to the island hopping tour.