Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

No hot water for shower available on entire stay, not fixed either and no alternative suggestion is given, for example: change room if no hot water available.

• 17th May 2015
  • India

This was probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It was actually just a hotel with dorms. Its spacious, clean, secure, the staff do everything for you... Almost everyone seems to use it as a 1 night stop-over between arrival and going to the outer islands (like me), but I could definitely have stayed longer. Nice restaurant, free canoes and activities, pool, etc etc. Loved it!

The lady on the activities desk was really nice and helpful

• 7th May 2015

fantastic staff, very helpful and polite. They gave me a lot of help since I was using a cane and sometimes found myself in trouble to get up, there was always one of your staff there to assist me. I would definetly come back should I find myself in Fiji again. Thanks again for a great stay!

• 3rd May 2015

Fantastic transiting hostel!

Thought the place was pretty good overall. The beach wasn't what I expected though. If you need to book any tours on your trip to Fiji I'd definitely recommend speaking to a lady called Loma in the tours counter at smugglers. She is amazingly efficient at her job, I was very impressed!!!

Great place to stay for 1 or 2 nights before/after island hopping. Busy but good atmosphere. Nice breakfast included. Stayed in 16bed female dorm - good security and allocated space. 2 bathrooms - just got a bit dirty by the evening :( Overall good though!

Good hostel to stay at to and from the islands. Free airport pickup was handy. Good bar and great food selection for a good price.

Good security with a scan card but inside a room with 32 people, there is always a slight risk. Location is right in between the airport and Nadi town but seriously nothing much to do in Nadi. Staff are really friendly. However, my request to switch my bed from the top to bottom was rejected even as I offered to move my used beddings. Its kinda disappointing later knowing that the guest sleeping below is only staying for a night. Overall pretty good value given the price we paid.

Great place to throw down for a couple of days while sorting out travel plans

Awesome place! It's like a resort for backpackers. There's a restaurant, bar, and café onsite, and awesome staff who will help you book any tours you'd like to do. My room was very clean (when I stayed in the girls' dorm, the beds and lockers were brand new), and the same with the bathrooms. I like the lounge área outside, with the beach right in front. They have free activities and a free dance show that is actually really good. I'd recommend this place for sure. :)

Clean dorms, prefer the 4-bed over the large pirate dorm by a mile though. It's a tourist trap area, but a good place to stay when staying in Nadi. Free pickup from airport (no drop off), free wifi in the restaurant and affordable wifi outside, not much around in terms of supermarkets/restaurants, all hostels/hotels around. A lot better than next door's Bamboo I would say. The staff recommends booking through hostelworld as it's cheaper than through their reception.

Perfect place to start and/or finish a fiji trip. Stayed in 34 bed dorm but it's not as bad as it sounds, sectioned off into 4's, beds are comfy and it has air con. Lovely staff and food, very clean and tidy!

The two ladies that are at the reception desk had attitude and were not helpful with their responses to the legitimate questions I was asking. The impression I got from their communications with me was that I was wasting their time and that they thought I was stupid versus being welcoming, kind, patient, and helpful for a foreigner who had never been to the country and was unfamiliar with a hostel situation.

• 19th Mar 2015

Nice facilities as a hostel - there are everything you need. The beach is dirty and full of trash and dogs running arround attacking people. The water is dirty as well. Location near the beach is very nice but I prefer another place in Fiji with a clean beach. No shops around - you have to eat at their own restaurant and it is very slow service. Only in the evening they are awake and try to sell expensive beer before you are done with the previous one. To stay it is a nice place, cheap and clean

It is right on the beach. The Nadi beaches are not very good but I could go swimming and the waters are very warm. Also you can see a nice sunset over the water every night. The hostel was fine with pretty good value. I stayed in the 34 bed dorm which sounds like it should be awful but every four beds were enclosed in partial walls giving the illusion of privacy so I was quite comfortable there.

I stayed there a week and had a great relaxing stay in fiji. Mostly people stay for two nights and then go for island hopping. I just did a day trip to an island and spent most of the time in the hostel. Great time : beach,Pool, sun, activities like making coconut rings, shell necklaces, rafting and more. U have a locker with your key and a reading light. The stuff was so lovely. Just a week in this hostel and u feel really welcome here. Like a family with the stuff . Worth for the money!

Loved this place. Great staff, clean, lovely outdoor area, bar, loungers on beach, swimming pool, great restaurant good food. Lovely place to stay before and after trip to the Yasawas.

Good nighly entertainment and good food. Air conditioning in the rooms is superb and well needed. Standard free breakfast. Location is good for airport.

Stayed in 32 bed dorm which to my big surprise was brilliantly set up-beds sectioned off into 4

« first « Prev 1 2 3