Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Very helpful and friendly staff.

it is a good place for students

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • China

It was a bit of both ends. Some staff were very friendly, others not as much. Accommodation was cheap but food and everything else was expensive. Workers would enter your room all the time without knocking first,. Beach was nice and hourly activities were great. Concierge was great to help book tours. Dorm bathrooms needed better cleaning and wasn't done everyday. Cleanliness could be improved. Overall an average experience, but for Fiji I think it should be excellent. It is paradise after all.

I stayed at smugglers for 2 nights upon first arriving in Fiji and it was a great place to stay! Got picked up from the airport then shown to my room when I checked in. Free breakfast was good. Just a shame you have to pay for wifi!

I've heard it can be a lot more lively, depending on the crowd. It's by a lovely beach which is great, but it's not exactly an area you can walk around to the next place to explore the surrounds. It's a residential area, you can only really drive around. The airport pickup took a long time, so I ended up taking a taxi. The welcome wasn't very warm, for Fiji. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here again.

Very accommodating staff, great outdoor area with excellent atmosphere. Not close to town and the cab company next door have a monopoly and over charge, but if you're just going to and from the airport/island tours that's no issue. Easy and relaxed.

nice hostel, directly on the beach and the staff is awesome!!

Great place, great service

ouoThe food was bad and was over priced. None of us wanted to finish our meals. While we were in our room a random staff member came in without knocking and the door was locked. Everything was your absolute basic. Nothing to write home about. Air con was noisy and kept waking us up throughout the night. Was a big comedown coming here after the yasawas.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Arrived here feeling a bit nervous and had a nightmare when my card declined because the bank had blocked it. Staff were rude and unhelpful, thankfully the shop owner saved the day & allowed me a phone card to ring the bank and to pay him afterwards. The chefs were lovely, teaching us how to make kokoda and some of the waiters were also nice and friendly. The room was spacious enough for 4 and had an ensuite bathroom, shower needed resealing tho. Restaurant food was stunning, will defo return.

Best place to stay on Nadi beach. Great value for what you get. PLENTY of FREE daily activities like coconut bowling, forrest walking tour, Kokoda fijian fish tasting and cooking. Karva circle, Fire dancing. Great restarant! free breakfast is great! plenty of variety. Fun night life. Great food, great drinks!. Everyone is super friendly. Rooms are very clean. The overall hotel is spacious and there are plenty of room types to choose from. great variety of people.

Lovely staff. Amazing place. Great location :)

Cannot recommend smugglers higher to anyone that asks. The staff are beyond amazing,always willing to help with any request...rooms and cleanliness is fantastic and house keeping there as soon as you pace a request. Food is great value for money and best chicken fried rice we have ever tried!!! In all great atmosphere,always entertained and will keep returning time and time again.

• 1st Aug 2014

The room is big. Free lockers in the room. Wifi is not free.

I stayed in the Pirate dorm (34 bed) and considering it's size I was pleasantly surprised, guests were very considerate when coming in late at night or leaving early in the morning. Staff were helpful and the restaurant menu was great - so much choice, although perhaps there could be some Fijian recipes on there?

Unfortunately, I was only in Fiji for 12 hours but had a fantastic night stay at Smuggler's. Everyone is very friendly.. I was gutted that I had to leave as I was just on a stop over. I plan to return!

Dont stay in the dorm - after everybody puts up ther towel it smells a bit.

Was moved rooms which was inconvenient as I returned to the dorm, my key didn't work and when reacttivated I entered a room with someone in my bed. My things had been moved to the luggage store. When taken to my new room I had to kick someone out of their bed - not right. No apologyiies to anyone for the inconvenience.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Cheap free breakfast, onbeach, $f10 to go to town center, bambooo hostel roub corner does cheap dinners and free wifi for everyone. Honest staff handed in my phone when i left it there. Good security on gate in night clubs and in the town.

Good place to stay for a few days, popular for a stopover before going to the islands. Good nightly entertainment and a nice relaxed atmosphere, breakfast included which is basic but good.