Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

Hi I stayed at the deluxe room no 309 and checked out on 22nd and left my items in the luggage room as my flight was at 8pm I had done the final packing so I can be ready to leave .When I arrived I found a bag that had my valuable iphone cash headphones sunglasses and other items not there Someone must have opened it and just walked away with it I tried contacting the resort but success

• 21st Jul 2015
  • Fiji

Extremely unhappy with this hotel and hostel world. I booked a double bed. When I turn up they did not have a room. So was put into another hotel with a Single bed. When I asked for a double bed that I had paid for was told it would cost more. Really stuff my last day in Fiji. Also the people I was traveling with did not get the rooms they had booked for. They had book a twin single and got a double bed not two singls beds as booked. I would not used this site again.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • New Zealand
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Was a nice atmosphere in the restaurant but the rooms smell like gas and the shower rooms get really dirty. Staff are quite rude and look grumpy. There isn't much to do where the hostel is though I guess it's just a stop before you island hop.

Aside from being moved around for the first few days from dorm to dorm, everything else was great. For the price, Smugglers Cove is a decent place to stay. The staff are really friendly although the high turn over of guests can create some confusion for them when it comes to getting everyone what they want. The facilities are spot on and the area is well maintained.

• 16th Jul 2015

The big dorm is good because it doesn't feel so massive but not great if want a good sleep because of noise from reception till 12. Cool place for individual travellers though and good food and facilities, so much stuff is always happening. Bus comes every hour or a taxi to town is 10fjd. Also great sunsets!

This hostel was clean, we'll run with good facilities. I would recommend it for a good value stay, close to the airport and the port for the island hopping trips.

• 9th Jul 2015

Great staff, good location right on the beach, perfect to stay a few days before moving on to the other islands. Doesn't feel like a hostel, but it's really good anyway, if you're searching for something more similar to a hostel pick Bamboo or Travelers Lodge (it's the same but with different names).

The owners wife is rude and mistreats the staff. The way she spoke to the staff was unacceptable, especially infront of customers. She should not be working in a customer service environment with an attitude like that

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

We Liked it so much the first time we stayed we came back again.

Positives - Super friendly professional staff, great food (large portions), good travel desk, free towels, great vibe, close to airport with free pickup, close to a shop, only$1 in bus to Nadi, cheap paddle boarding, lots of activities, some evening entertainment including fire dancing now and again. The big dorm doesn't feel like a big dorm and has A/C. Good overall vibe Negatives - some of the evening entertainment doesn't seem to happen. No free return transfer to airport. Food isn't cheap.

Booked a double bed private and had a strange bunk bed (single on top, double on bottom) and single bed room. Would be good if they advertised this arrangement...defeated the point of booking a 'more comfortable' room. Really close to airport, busy, lots of facilities, onsite shop, free transfer to hostel but not free return. Good for a quick stopover.

Right on the beach! 34 bed dorm much better than expected doesn't feel that big at all! Hot showers and good food

I'd recommend the four bed dorms, 16 is a little crowded and hard to keep the bathroom clean with that much traffic! Otherwise a decent hostel, nice restaurant, free wifi and brekkie and a tourist information lady who is very helpful

We had a comfortable ensuite room in a nice location. Given that we wanted to go snorkelling it would have been better to be closer to Port Denarau, However they were extremely helpful at the your desk and all trips included transfers. I like that we could go to nearby resorts and local shops. The price was quite high- next time I will try to book further ahead.

• 1st Jun 2015

Only stayed one night in a 4 bed unisex dorm. Had no major problems and enjoyed my short stay. The only thing I'll mention is there was no hand towel in our bathroom? Also, there was a lack of hooks in the bathroom and the wifi was unpredictable.

Great place, friendly staff

Really liked this hostel. Quite 'resorty' with families and couples staying there but still easy as a solo traveller to make friends. Easy to get to from the airport and into town. Breakfast was an added benefit

No hot water for shower available on entire stay, not fixed either and no alternative suggestion is given, for example: change room if no hot water available.

• 17th May 2015
  • India

This was probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It was actually just a hotel with dorms. Its spacious, clean, secure, the staff do everything for you... Almost everyone seems to use it as a 1 night stop-over between arrival and going to the outer islands (like me), but I could definitely have stayed longer. Nice restaurant, free canoes and activities, pool, etc etc. Loved it!

The lady on the activities desk was really nice and helpful

• 7th May 2015