Smugglers Cove Beach Resort Reviews

PO Box 10409, Wailoaloa Beach, Nadi Bay, Nadi, Fiji

The owners wife is rude and mistreats the staff. The way she spoke to the staff was unacceptable, especially infront of customers. She should not be working in a customer service environment with an attitude like that

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

We Liked it so much the first time we stayed we came back again.

Positives - Super friendly professional staff, great food (large portions), good travel desk, free towels, great vibe, close to airport with free pickup, close to a shop, only$1 in bus to Nadi, cheap paddle boarding, lots of activities, some evening entertainment including fire dancing now and again. The big dorm doesn't feel like a big dorm and has A/C. Good overall vibe Negatives - some of the evening entertainment doesn't seem to happen. No free return transfer to airport. Food isn't cheap.

Booked a double bed private and had a strange bunk bed (single on top, double on bottom) and single bed room. Would be good if they advertised this arrangement...defeated the point of booking a 'more comfortable' room. Really close to airport, busy, lots of facilities, onsite shop, free transfer to hostel but not free return. Good for a quick stopover.

The hostel is clean and nice and the dorms are spacious. Breakfast is included and decent and the restaurant serves very good food often with evening entertainment. There are a number of activities both free and paid during the day but the sun lounges are the best for soaking up the sun all day.

Right on the beach! 34 bed dorm much better than expected doesn't feel that big at all! Hot showers and good food

I'd recommend the four bed dorms, 16 is a little crowded and hard to keep the bathroom clean with that much traffic! Otherwise a decent hostel, nice restaurant, free wifi and brekkie and a tourist information lady who is very helpful

We had a comfortable ensuite room in a nice location. Given that we wanted to go snorkelling it would have been better to be closer to Port Denarau, However they were extremely helpful at the your desk and all trips included transfers. I like that we could go to nearby resorts and local shops. The price was quite high- next time I will try to book further ahead.

• 1st Jun 2015

Only stayed one night in a 4 bed unisex dorm. Had no major problems and enjoyed my short stay. The only thing I'll mention is there was no hand towel in our bathroom? Also, there was a lack of hooks in the bathroom and the wifi was unpredictable.

Great place, friendly staff

Really liked this hostel. Quite 'resorty' with families and couples staying there but still easy as a solo traveller to make friends. Easy to get to from the airport and into town. Breakfast was an added benefit

No hot water for shower available on entire stay, not fixed either and no alternative suggestion is given, for example: change room if no hot water available.

• 17th May 2015
  • India

This was probably the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. It was actually just a hotel with dorms. Its spacious, clean, secure, the staff do everything for you... Almost everyone seems to use it as a 1 night stop-over between arrival and going to the outer islands (like me), but I could definitely have stayed longer. Nice restaurant, free canoes and activities, pool, etc etc. Loved it!

Loved this hostel. Ideal to stay before doing island hopping. Staff are all great. Restaurant has everything you could wish for. Highly recommended

The lady on the activities desk was really nice and helpful

• 7th May 2015

Great place, great atmosphere. Shame the beach sand isn't the best but thats okay.

fantastic staff, very helpful and polite. They gave me a lot of help since I was using a cane and sometimes found myself in trouble to get up, there was always one of your staff there to assist me. I would definetly come back should I find myself in Fiji again. Thanks again for a great stay!

• 3rd May 2015

Fantastic transiting hostel!

Thought the place was pretty good overall. The beach wasn't what I expected though. If you need to book any tours on your trip to Fiji I'd definitely recommend speaking to a lady called Loma in the tours counter at smugglers. She is amazingly efficient at her job, I was very impressed!!!

Great place to stay for 1 or 2 nights before/after island hopping. Busy but good atmosphere. Nice breakfast included. Stayed in 16bed female dorm - good security and allocated space. 2 bathrooms - just got a bit dirty by the evening :( Overall good though!