St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

The location couldn't be more perfect! The rooms were kept clean and also the shared bathrooms were of a high standard. The air conditioning was great however got a little cold at night but was automatically controlled so we couldnt turn it off which was a little annoying. Staff were super helpful and friendly.

In general terms, is an OK Hostel. Particularlly, I prefer smaller ones. But, the fact that this is a well known hostel and there are lots of St Christopher Hostel in most european cities, doesnt make a god thing to treat their clients as they were cheaters! I was asked in a rude way to follow one of the staffs WITH my credit card down to reception. This guy had no respect with me as a client and I had to follow him with my sleeping clothes. No apologies was made! They made the mistake, not I!

I'm not sure if the staff were really tired or stoned but drawing blood from a stone comes to mind, check in took 10mins! Bars quite good, no kitchen so its burgers or bust. Great security so no worries there, in fact I tried to bring a girl in and got halted by the reception haha, cmon guys I'm here to have fun! Overall a good hostel, slightly impersonal due to the high number of guests in my opinion.

A nice hostel with a perfect location.Breakfast was a bit better than in a few other hostels; there was ham and cheese too. I stayed one night in a girl's dorm and slept really bad: the trunk of the bunk bed was metal and attached to three other beds. Whenever someone climbed to a bed, moved there or packed their stuff early in the morning it moved unpleasantly and made noise. Not nice!

If you're looking to party in Barcelona and have a fun time, this is the place to go. Great set up with a cool bar and good prices for drinks. Has pool and ping pong, good wifi and a good atmosphere.

The information that I was hoping to get from the reception/help desk was not sufficient for me.

• 20th Jul 2015
  • Nepal

Amazing hostel generally. So much better than St Christopher Berlin. But to use the lockers in the first floor you have to giving up your key deposit.... I think that's not fair.

Best hostel in Barcelona.

I would recommend this hostel. Good communal area. Showers aren't great. However, we had an incident with a staff member in our room and it did ruin our last night in the hostel. The hostel was the best we had stayed in so far, but it was just that one staff member that affected everything.

Location good and hostel alright in many ways, however I was highly disappointed that the wifi connection was so poor. I had to sit in the corridor to use it, and although I was told the connection was perfect downstairs I didn't experience this. I also met plenty of other travellers that had the same problem here. On a good note, it was a great conversation starter, haha.

Clean and secure hostel, only issue I had was there was nothing told or given to me about any social activities even though they were happening.

We spent 5 nights here and it was great. The location is second to none, everything in the city is walkable and public transport is close and convenient. They provide free towels, have nice cold air conditioned bedrooms, clean facilities, amazing hostel bar with great food and social atmosphere. Only downside is that they stuffed up our booking and made us move rooms a few times which was highly inconvenient but apart from this I would suggest this hostel to anyone who comes to Barcelona.

Niko was the best bartender of my trip. And sunshine was real good to me too. Hell of a couple them too. Can't wait to be back!!

I stayed in a 12 bed dorm. The wire drawers on castors for storage under the bottom bunk are noisy. The ladders to the top bunk difficult to manoeuvre. The showers had timers and the water pressure was low. Good location to the airport bus and also tourist buses.

I like the place!

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Thailand

Great place if you're looking to meet a few people and head out into Barcelona. A bit of a hike to good food places, but the Metro is right down the street. Only problem is they shut down a lot of the hang out areas at 12, and they have security who can be pretty uptight (don't let people wait outside before the club). Overall a great hostel

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in Europe! The cafe food is amazing compliments to san the chef! There is however only one washing machine but can't fault the rest of the place it's a great vibe and friendly atmosphere. Stayed at this hostel earlier in my trip and returned again

• 14th Jul 2015

loved this hostel and it's got amazing air conditioning

Good hostel! Perfect location to La Rambla St & the metro. Free breakfast is substantial. Rooms spacious and clean. Bathrooms good - always someone cleaning them. Only downside was there was only one washing and dryer machine for everyone! We were unable to do ours due to the amount of people waiting. Also the day we checked out all the lockers were full in the storage, so maybe need more lockers to accommodate the high numbers of people coming & going. Bar area seemed good! Staff seemed helpful

There is really no other hostel in Barcelona I know with a better location than this. St Christopher's hostels around Europe never dissapoint me