St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

Best hostel in the world! Love this place... Everyone's friendly and knowledgable and will help you with anything! Big thanks to jenni, raki and dan for making it another trip I will never forget! If I had 4 thumbs id give it 4 thumbs up! X Scott and Troy

Showers were pretty average: having to press a button every 5 seconds and took ages to warm up. Otherwise really excellent

Cant cook real food in this place, kitchen is just no usefull

Best hostel I have stayed at in 3 months of travel meant to stay three nights stayed 2 weeks great party atmosphere ! Awesome staff ! Clean and affordable definately recommend it! Dean 22 nZ

Not my recommendation if you're looking to sleep a whole night through Staff came into room at 12am and turned on all lights, fudged around with garbage, talked very loudly to each other etc etc etc. Overall, only spent 2 night because I was waiting on a flight and the location was good but won't be going back to this chain any time soon.

nice big hostel with nice bar and good restaurant, internet suck when there is a lot of people

Bathrooms and showers frequently needed cleaning. Our bedroom had food and clothes left all over the floor from previous guests that we picked up and threw away. When there was a problem with 2 guests in our room who came in drunk and disruptive at 5:00am and then went to sleep in the same bed, the staff did nothing. Then their alarm kept ringing for over 2 hours starting at 6:00am, and the guest were unresponsive for the first 30 minutes. Finally, we asked staff for help and again nothing.

Hi thanks a lot for your review we take really serious all our customers feed back to improve our services. We do clean our showers many times per day, but we are going to increase the audits to keep our cleanliness standards on top. We apologize about how our staff handle the problems that you had during your stay, that's not the way how they been train for, thanks for bringing it out we will make sure this wont happens again!

Absolutely awesome experience! Staff always willing to help out and treat you like a friend from many years ago! Brilliant food and drinks there for half the price of the street! Loved every moment !

Heyy thanks a lot for such a nice review! Please come back for more!!!

With its close proximity to Las Ramblas, this hostel’s location is unbeatable. Their dorm beds are a backpacker’s dream—complete with power sockets, bed lamps, storage containers and curtains. Their in-house restaurant (Belushi’s) serves a great selection of meals. A bit bummed that I have to use a coin-operated locker for luggage storage (most hostels offer this for free). I also found the reception a little too busy at times. So much so that they didn’t even give my key card deposit back!

The hostel is great, but in my opinion too big. I prefer smaller ones.

• 20th Sep 2014

Hey thanks for your review! We also have smaller hostels in our franchise, you should check it out as well for sure you'll like it!

Great location, nice people, good beds with curtains, big lockable storage for bags. - bathroom and toilet cleanliness were pretty average.

Hi thanks for your review it's really nice to know that you had a good time! We clean the showers and the toilets many times per day, we are sorry if you found it average when we aim to perfect, we are going to increase our audits to keep all the standards on top Thanks again and see you soon!

Beds are great with own curtain & power outlet but the kitchen should not be advertised as a kitchen as it is 2 tiny bar fridges & 2 microwaves. The staff aren't very helpful or friendly. Bit disappointed as have heard such great things about st Christopher's hostels

Bed set up is great with power point, curtain and huge lockers under the bed that fit your entire bag. Very social hostel. Wifi is a bit rubbish, need more modems.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi thanks for your review it makes us really happy to know that you had a good time in Barcelona, we apologize about the problems that you've experienced with the WIFI, we were aware and worked to fix the situation, Thanks again and see you soon!

I booked this hostel because a friend recommend it (even though I saw some bad reviews). Firstly the staff were unfriendly, they didn't even tell me there was a common room on the 1st floor!?gave no info barcelona Then the bed they gave me was taken when I went up so I went back down and they put me in a different room.. No apology whatsoever The rooms were freezing with no was to turn the ac down. The showers were always cold and it was a button not a tap so you got 10 sec of water, stunk too!

Good location and security。

Amazing hostel. St Christophers Chain definitely knows how to run a hostel. Great location, right near Las Ramblas strip and a quick walk to the beach area (30min). Very clean and new, amazing helpful staff, funny security guards, and attached to a bar. Great place to meet people and have lots of fun, always something to do. The only downfall is the WiFi. The WiFi is terrible at times. You get it in the common area, sometimes. In the room is even more rare. Great other than WiFi

Hey thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had such a great time in our hostel in Bcn! We apologize about the problems that you experienced with the Wifi, we were aware and working to fix this situation as soon as possible! We hope to see you soon in Barcelona to keep having a great time! Cya

Hostel was great. Location good, quite to sleep but still close enough to the city center. Close to metro and bus connections. Didn't organize pub crawl or bar hopping, which would have been nice. Very good large lockers underneath the bed, curtains, light and plug to every bed. Cleanliness was overall quite okay, sanitary cleanliness could have been better. Liked my stay and misses Barcelona already!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Hi thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a good time! We are sorry if we don't offer any pub crawls, but we can't really since they are forbidden in Barcelona. We do offer a tapas tour were you can also get a blast! Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Centrally located in the heart of Barcelona with easy access to the subway to go to all attractions. Staff are friendly and helpful. Security is top notch with swipe cards and bag cages. Communal bathroom and showers for guys and girls each means no waiting. Beds are really comfortable and have a draw curtain and a personal light and power point. Byo drinks is on 1st floor and a bit secluded making the atmosphere a little dead up there - no issues with atmosphere at the bar on ground floor

Great social atmosphere which is great for meeting people when you're traveling by yourself! Cheap happy hour prices in the bar are great to start the nights off with. The location is great, near metros, and I was able to walk to many of the key sights. The beds are comfortable, however since I'm 6'5 (195cm) tall, it was a bit difficult to fit in them - but that's typical of most beds for me. I've recommended this to a few of my friends already because it was such a fun time!

Heyy thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a great time with us! Sorry about the bed size, you are a really tall men indeed:)! Make sure to tell all your friends to come visit us we will make them feel home! Cya next time!

The location of the hostel is very good. It is close to Plaza Catalunya. (2-3 min) The showers were not ok. Because there was no air condition or not working. And also you should press the button to get the water every 10-15 sec which is funny. The internet was not working in the rooms in the reception. It worked sometimes which is not good. Maybe they can fix these issues. But in spite of all these reasons i would recommend it for you because of the location.

Hey thanks a lot for your review and for bringing out all those things that we need to improve, we do really care about our customers experience to help us improve for future guests, for sure we will fix all those issues. Thanks again and see you soon.