St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

I really enjoyed my time here, loved how welcoming, friendly and knowledgable the staff were!! Marco was especially engaging and really succeed at bringing people together and building a fantastic warm and welcoming hostel atmosphere! One thing I would recommend would be to keep the game room open longer, it's a shame how connections are being cut short because of the hours for a room that runs itself.

Good location, staff were alright could have been more helpful and informative about the hostel, although its great you get a cage under your bed to put all your belongings in. Over all a good stay i would stay there again.

Great hostel, very friendly, fun staff. I stayed in a 12-bed female dorm. The room was pretty clean but the ensuite bathroom was a mess. Overall a great stay.

• 2nd Jan 2016

This hostel was great! The people staying there were so nice, met lots of people. The staff helped make the stay very comfortable for everyone.

Loved it!! I'll be staying at a St Christopher's again for sure :)

That guy that hosts the speed friending is cool and very intense.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

It has the potential to be a great hostel. However rooms need more ventilation, guests should be able to open there own windows.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Costa Rica

I like how the dorm beds have curtains. The bathrooms were not well maintained, so every time I entered the shower room I was wading through standing water, including the countertops--so no place to put my stuff while I brushed my teeth and such. Shower water not very hot. My other complaint was an employee who I felt was overly flirtatious. While he wasn't threatening, I found it annoying to deal with him when I was just trying to eat breakfast or whatever. OK for the price, and good location.

Good location and pretty clean, however there was no fridge or cooking facilities other than a microwave. There was only 1 washing machine for the whole hostel, the staff were incredibly rude and/or unhelpful and bored or just gave me incorrect info when I asked for help or info on places to go. My key card was faulty and they were rude when resetting it. Overall my experience was ruined by 2 staff, would probably stay somewhere else next time.

The location is perfect, easy to go around on foot or metro, the staff at the reception were helpful and friendly and helped me a lot! The food at the restaurant was delicious and not expensive. There are timers at the showers, it's a bit annoying. But the only real problem was the wifi, it hardly ever worked. But I would come back, even without a good wifi..

It was a very nice stay in this hostel. The only thing we didn't like is that it is nowhere specified in their website or on hostelworld website that we need to give a deposit for the key of the room (which is ok, as it is refundable) and a non-refundable "tourist tax", which is not expensive but still, it's an unexpected annoyance. As for the rest, the stuff was very welcoming and everything else was ok! Thanks!

Stayed in the 8 bed dorm. Dorms could smell abit because we can't open the windows to air the room. It was done in the afternoon by the cleaner. Free breakfast was decent. Staff were friendly and assisted in helping me send postcards. The hostel has a mailbox and also sells stamps at 1euro for international postcards. Hot water in the showers were inconsistent-didn't have hot water on 2 occasions during my stay. Overall, Hostel was clean and enjoyable to stay in.

Aesthetically this place is amazing, very clean, current, bright, and new. The beds aren't the most comfortable (the sink) but you have your own outlet. The lockers are great; huge, metal, and under the beds. The hot water in the showers sucks, after trying like 7 stalls (even the boys bathroom) to find hot water, I took a freezing shower. Even when I got hot water it was spotty. But everything is very clean. The atmosphere is okay, not the best or friendliest.

It wasn't good at all !!

Superb location close to the airport bus and the major tourist streets. The staff are very helpful and speak English at both the reception and the restaurant. There's always opportunity to get to know your fellow hostel residents during the free breakfast and overall St. Christopher's is pretty clean. Sometimes the shower rooms flood, and it can get annoying to repeatedly hit a button for water, but it was still a great stay!

• 21st Dec 2015

It would have been better if the hostel provided rentable locks for the lockers.

• 21st Dec 2015

Exactly what you would expect from St Cristophers.

This place was great, I had only booked for one night but ended up staying here for the rest of my visit. I was a solo traveler and its easy to meet people here. Loved the security, the breakfast, and helpful staff. The only thing is dorm beds would be small if you're a large American sort of person. Thanks guys!

• 17th Dec 2015

Girl at reception desk was not that kind at all. I cannot say that it was pleasant to talk with inhospitable person.

the hostel is well-situated and the rooms are clean. You cannot open the windows!!! The kitchen consits only of three microwaves. There are no fridges who works!!! The only two small ones are off and full of old food. Therefore there smell a lot. This is a very negative point!!!

• 16th Dec 2015