St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

Very secure hostel(keycard entry to use elevator, get into floor, and to get into room). Large, but very noisy, lockers under beds. Bathrooms weren't the cleanest, hot water was on and off, but it wasn't terrible. Awesome location right in the center of town off las rambles.

• 14th Oct 2014
  • treehouseinspain14

I really like it. The location is sooo good, it is close to plaza, the stuffs are very nice.

Great location and security and... that's about it! This hostel is ran almost like an army barrack. No atmosphere, staff not really helpful, we learnt where the common room/kitchen area is by mistake. Breakfast is free but dreadful and everything tastes like cardboard (and the bowls and dishes which its served are not really clean). Bed are comfy but the rooms are noisy and and thers a constant hustle on the corridors because there are too many people on each floor.

Some of Stuff was not friendly

The hostel is a bit too soulless for me. There was no kitchen - only fridges and a microwave. Don't go there to meet people (unless you're prepared to hang out in the bar all the time). The restaurant was nice and relatively cheap. Breakfast was ok, great that it's free! The lockers in the rooms are really good and there are curtains and plugs for every bed - excellent!

All of the hand dryers were broken on the third floor.

• 10th Oct 2014

Under bed lockers were great (and a decent size!), the curtains over the bunks are good as well as the individual light and power point - downsides were the rentable lockers were too small to put a decent sized bag in, and my room at least was filthy (although I think that had more to do with the people in the room), the showers were those stupid 'push the button in and the water runs for 1 minute' ones, and there wasn't even a hook to hang your towel on, as well as no bathroom bench space

Absolutely great hostel in regards to location and price but the staff were not helpful at all and did not smile once the whole time we were there. Another problem we found frustrating was the showers only staying on for 15 seconds at a time, wasn't ideal.

• 7th Oct 2014

fantastic, staff was friendly and pleasant. The rooms were clean, each bed had a curtain for privacy and a locker below it. However, my friend who was on the top bunk found it difficult to climb up to her bed as the third runk was at the ledge of bed and she couldn't put her feet on it. but apart from that, it's fine!

Place is ok to stay there to make party. But that's it. Kitchen is just a microwave, there is nothing else. Showers and toilets were ok. Could be cleaned some more often.

Best hostel in the world! Love this place... Everyone's friendly and knowledgable and will help you with anything! Big thanks to jenni, raki and dan for making it another trip I will never forget! If I had 4 thumbs id give it 4 thumbs up! X Scott and Troy

Hey guys, thanks for writing. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we'll be sure to pass on your kind words to our staff. Our guys love their jobs and it really makes their day to know that they're made a difference to somebody's visit, or just left a lasting impression on one of our guests : ) Safe travels and see you next time

Showers were pretty average: having to press a button every 5 seconds and took ages to warm up. Otherwise really excellent

Cant cook real food in this place, kitchen is just no usefull

Best hostel I have stayed at in 3 months of travel meant to stay three nights stayed 2 weeks great party atmosphere ! Awesome staff ! Clean and affordable definately recommend it! Dean 22 nZ

Not my recommendation if you're looking to sleep a whole night through Staff came into room at 12am and turned on all lights, fudged around with garbage, talked very loudly to each other etc etc etc. Overall, only spent 2 night because I was waiting on a flight and the location was good but won't be going back to this chain any time soon.

nice big hostel with nice bar and good restaurant, internet suck when there is a lot of people

Bathrooms and showers frequently needed cleaning. Our bedroom had food and clothes left all over the floor from previous guests that we picked up and threw away. When there was a problem with 2 guests in our room who came in drunk and disruptive at 5:00am and then went to sleep in the same bed, the staff did nothing. Then their alarm kept ringing for over 2 hours starting at 6:00am, and the guest were unresponsive for the first 30 minutes. Finally, we asked staff for help and again nothing.

Hi thanks a lot for your review we take really serious all our customers feed back to improve our services. We do clean our showers many times per day, but we are going to increase the audits to keep our cleanliness standards on top. We apologize about how our staff handle the problems that you had during your stay, that's not the way how they been train for, thanks for bringing it out we will make sure this wont happens again!

Absolutely awesome experience! Staff always willing to help out and treat you like a friend from many years ago! Brilliant food and drinks there for half the price of the street! Loved every moment !

Heyy thanks a lot for such a nice review! Please come back for more!!!

With its close proximity to Las Ramblas, this hostel’s location is unbeatable. Their dorm beds are a backpacker’s dream—complete with power sockets, bed lamps, storage containers and curtains. Their in-house restaurant (Belushi’s) serves a great selection of meals. A bit bummed that I have to use a coin-operated locker for luggage storage (most hostels offer this for free). I also found the reception a little too busy at times. So much so that they didn’t even give my key card deposit back!

The hostel is great, but in my opinion too big. I prefer smaller ones.

• 20th Sep 2014

Hey thanks for your review! We also have smaller hostels in our franchise, you should check it out as well for sure you'll like it!