St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

2037 Total Reviews

There is no kitchen or fridge, which proved to be extremely difficult. Definitely not a hostel for solo travellers, but perfect for groups of 3 or more. The location is perfect, and the facilities are great. The curtains on the beds make sleeping in a breeze, but ask for a bottom bunk if possible because the light from the room gets into the top bunks.

Hey thanks a lot for your review it makes us really happy to know that you enjoyed your time in Barcelona with us. You are right we don't have kitchen facility's but they are two fridges in the guests common area at the 1st floor, maybe you didn't saw those? Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon!

excellent!!! it was so beautiful. i was so happy for that. she was a great host. thanks for everything.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for your review, we hope to see you here soon!

People at the reception could be more efficient and helpful. Being there during European summer, place was packed with youngsters. If this is not your vibe choose another option. Avoid getting a bed close to the door or you'll have problems to sleep. Very good bar at the hostel.

• 10th Aug 2014

I expected more of a St Christopher hostel, compared to the one in Berlin. Atmosphere wasn't very good and Wifi didn't work at all in the room

Nice new hostel right off the Ramblas and close to public transport. Bellushi's food was excellent, too. My one main concern with this hostel was the room keys were a disaster, I had to go up and down from the 5th floor at least 2-3 times a day because my keys stopped working. It was very frustrating and I must have went through a dozen keys in 3 days. Luckily, the staff was very cool about it and easy to get along with.

I had heard about this hostel from friends who absolutely loved it. I found the location to be way too touristy, as La Rambla is packed with tourists and extremely expensive restaurants to appease them. Do not stay on La Rambla. Also if you care about cleanliness

This place has the whole Package! I got there completely tired and alone, didn't want to go out but didn't want to sleep though i didn't know anybody there. Decided to get something to eat at the Hostel restaurant/bar/pub/private party/whatever you want it to be and had a great meal. After that, got some beer and met really nice people right there that made my night just big fun. Haven't been to a better hostel yet in my life, i could spend months there maybe. Can't wait to comeback.

Very well located, comfortable and friendly hostel. Clean enough. I would recommand it. However, I found the breakfast disappointing compared to previous experiences : lack of knives and spoons, some dirty dishes, bad tasting food. Très bon emplacement, confortable, atmosphère sympa. Propre. Je recommanderais cette auberge de jeunesse. Cependant, le petit déjeuner était décevant par rapport à d'autres expériences passées :manque de couvert, vaisselle parfois sale, et vraiment pas très bon.

Absolutely loved this hostel. Everything about it was great. Only downside was there's no kitchen, but who needs one when you're in Spain!!! I was lucky to have a great bunch of people in my room. Its so close to everything, only a few metro stops away from the beach and great clubs! Definitely recommend it :)

Pros: breakfast with meats, cheese, bread, cereals, and juice. Very clean. Very secure (maybe too much; you need your key card to operate the lifts). Air conditioning. Perfect location. Lockers. Curtains and individual plugs for each bed. The bar/restaurant is convenient when you don't feel like going out, plus you get a discount for staying at the hostel. Cons: long lines to speak to someone at the desk. The push button showers are annoying. 10 euro towel deposit. Overall, amazing value.

Hostel was really fun, big bar and chill out area downstairs. The prices on the drinks were great. The tapas tour is a blast! You have to do it, you meet some awesome people. The staff is very slow at the front counter, I don't know why, but it takes them 10-15 minutes to process someone's new check-in. Other than that the staff were very cool and helpful. Bathrooms and showers were kinda nasty. Bathrooms reminded me of those at an airport or train station, dirty. Showers have no ventilation.

Hey thanks a lot for your review it makes really happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are apologize about the cleanliness on the showers and toilets, we do clean it many times per day, but we are going to increase the audits to keep all standards on top thanks again and see you next time!

For how big this hostel is there was never a problem with cleanliness, bathroom resources, noise, or security. Everything was always very clean, the showers were never full, there were big cages to keep your items under the bed, and there was always someone to talk to if you wanted. The location couldn't have been better, it was right in the center of town connected to everything. I would recommend this hostel to any younger traveler looking for a place to rest while exploring Barcelona.

Location and price are good, but the facilities are somewhat lacking. The ladders to the top beds are difficult to climb up and down, especially in the dark. The bathrooms are quite filthy (even for hostel standards), and the the noise is a big problem with drunks coming in at all hours - an expected problem in a hostel this big.

Hey thanks a lot for your review. We apologize if you found the bathrooms filthy, we do clean it many time per day but we are going to increase the audits to make sure all standards are on top. Also we are really sorry if you had noisy roommates, for sure if you report this to reception our staff would be willing to help on time. Sorry again and we hope to see you next time

Great hostel but be prepared for a lively atmosphere-can be hard to get a decent night sleep if you need it.

• 28th Jul 2014

best hostel ive stayed in barcelona and ive stayed in a few such as equity point and BCN GO but this one has everything you need

• 27th Jul 2014

Fantastic hostel! Great beds with curtains and huge lockers.

Heyy thank you very much we hope to see you back here very soon!!!

Good location, clean rooms with ac. But impersonal hostel, and little value for the money (29 € per person in a room for eight people). The staff is generally pretty unimpressed, and a girl at the breakfast pure nasty and bad behavior. The breakfast is pretty poor.

Hey thanks a lot for your review we do really care about our customers feedback to help us improve our service, we apologize about the problems that you found in our staff, that's not the way we've trained then, we are definitely look after this to make sure everything it's on top. Sorry again and thank you very much

Fabulous hostel right in the heart of Barcelona. Really fun energy and love the little curtains you have on your bunk for privacy.

I havfe bneen to several St Christopher's now around Europe and they never disappoint. The staff, facilities and overall value for what you are paying is exceptional. Sometimes there were issues with internet connectivity; but that ight be down to my device. Thanks as always

Hey thanks a lot for your review and thank you for keep choosing us, we won't disappoint you never! We hope to have you back in any of our sites as soon as possible! see you next time!

Very nice and huge hostel in the city centre, right next to plaza catalunya. Good facilities, comfortable beds and a huge common room with a cool bar! Lockers are very secure if you have a good padlock with you, all in all felt very comfortable at this hostel.

Hello, thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a great time and enjoyed your time here in Barcelona with us! We hope to see you again soon!!!