St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

With its close proximity to Las Ramblas, this hostel’s location is unbeatable. Their dorm beds are a backpacker’s dream—complete with power sockets, bed lamps, storage containers and curtains. Their in-house restaurant (Belushi’s) serves a great selection of meals. A bit bummed that I have to use a coin-operated locker for luggage storage (most hostels offer this for free). I also found the reception a little too busy at times. So much so that they didn’t even give my key card deposit back!

The hostel is great, but in my opinion too big. I prefer smaller ones.

• 20th Sep 2014

Hey thanks for your review! We also have smaller hostels in our franchise, you should check it out as well for sure you'll like it!

Great location, nice people, good beds with curtains, big lockable storage for bags. - bathroom and toilet cleanliness were pretty average.

Hi thanks for your review it's really nice to know that you had a good time! We clean the showers and the toilets many times per day, we are sorry if you found it average when we aim to perfect, we are going to increase our audits to keep all the standards on top Thanks again and see you soon!

Beds are great with own curtain & power outlet but the kitchen should not be advertised as a kitchen as it is 2 tiny bar fridges & 2 microwaves. The staff aren't very helpful or friendly. Bit disappointed as have heard such great things about st Christopher's hostels

Bed set up is great with power point, curtain and huge lockers under the bed that fit your entire bag. Very social hostel. Wifi is a bit rubbish, need more modems.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Hi thanks for your review it makes us really happy to know that you had a good time in Barcelona, we apologize about the problems that you've experienced with the WIFI, we were aware and worked to fix the situation, Thanks again and see you soon!

I booked this hostel because a friend recommend it (even though I saw some bad reviews). Firstly the staff were unfriendly, they didn't even tell me there was a common room on the 1st floor!?gave no info barcelona Then the bed they gave me was taken when I went up so I went back down and they put me in a different room.. No apology whatsoever The rooms were freezing with no was to turn the ac down. The showers were always cold and it was a button not a tap so you got 10 sec of water, stunk too!

Good location and security。

Amazing hostel. St Christophers Chain definitely knows how to run a hostel. Great location, right near Las Ramblas strip and a quick walk to the beach area (30min). Very clean and new, amazing helpful staff, funny security guards, and attached to a bar. Great place to meet people and have lots of fun, always something to do. The only downfall is the WiFi. The WiFi is terrible at times. You get it in the common area, sometimes. In the room is even more rare. Great other than WiFi

Hey thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had such a great time in our hostel in Bcn! We apologize about the problems that you experienced with the Wifi, we were aware and working to fix this situation as soon as possible! We hope to see you soon in Barcelona to keep having a great time! Cya

Hostel was great. Location good, quite to sleep but still close enough to the city center. Close to metro and bus connections. Didn't organize pub crawl or bar hopping, which would have been nice. Very good large lockers underneath the bed, curtains, light and plug to every bed. Cleanliness was overall quite okay, sanitary cleanliness could have been better. Liked my stay and misses Barcelona already!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Hi thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a good time! We are sorry if we don't offer any pub crawls, but we can't really since they are forbidden in Barcelona. We do offer a tapas tour were you can also get a blast! Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon!

Centrally located in the heart of Barcelona with easy access to the subway to go to all attractions. Staff are friendly and helpful. Security is top notch with swipe cards and bag cages. Communal bathroom and showers for guys and girls each means no waiting. Beds are really comfortable and have a draw curtain and a personal light and power point. Byo drinks is on 1st floor and a bit secluded making the atmosphere a little dead up there - no issues with atmosphere at the bar on ground floor

Great social atmosphere which is great for meeting people when you're traveling by yourself! Cheap happy hour prices in the bar are great to start the nights off with. The location is great, near metros, and I was able to walk to many of the key sights. The beds are comfortable, however since I'm 6'5 (195cm) tall, it was a bit difficult to fit in them - but that's typical of most beds for me. I've recommended this to a few of my friends already because it was such a fun time!

Heyy thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a great time with us! Sorry about the bed size, you are a really tall men indeed:)! Make sure to tell all your friends to come visit us we will make them feel home! Cya next time!

The location of the hostel is very good. It is close to Plaza Catalunya. (2-3 min) The showers were not ok. Because there was no air condition or not working. And also you should press the button to get the water every 10-15 sec which is funny. The internet was not working in the rooms in the reception. It worked sometimes which is not good. Maybe they can fix these issues. But in spite of all these reasons i would recommend it for you because of the location.

Hey thanks a lot for your review and for bringing out all those things that we need to improve, we do really care about our customers experience to help us improve for future guests, for sure we will fix all those issues. Thanks again and see you soon.

Don't waste you time staying in this hostel in Barcelona. The whole place is devoid of any atmosphere that could be called fun or enjoyable. This is reflected in the unfriendly staff who might as-well be replaced by automated ticket machines. Don't get me wrong the bed with curtain was pretty good but aside from that not much to recommend. ALSO THIS HOSTEL HAS THE WORST WIFI I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. Forget trying to connect in your room you might be able to connect near the reception, maybe.

Thanks for your review we do really care about our customers feedback to help us improve our services for the next one's. We Apologize about your bad experience on behalf of all S.T Christopher's Barcelona. Thanks again and cya!

Any time I am in Barcelona, I stay with the wonderful people at St. Christopher's. I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Belushi's has great food, staff is superior to anywhere I have stayed in 9 months of traveling and location is perfect!

Thank you very much for such a kind review, YOU know we love to have you here. See you next time :)

a total party place. go there to meet new people and have a fun get together.

IT's really nice to know that you had a Blast with us!, hope to see you soon!Cya

Amazing place to stay, great location and the best place to meet other travellers! Loved my stay here.

Yes! Thanks for your review, we hope to see you soon!!!

Good size lockers under bunks to stow kit (8 dorm-male). Bunks has privacy curtains, light & electrical socket. Plenty of loo rolls in toilet and hot water in showers facility which was a high standard. Breakfast is ham and cheese slices, bread, jam and one fresh fruit each morning. Juice & coffee machines (coffee machine output was dreadfully slow & needs attention). I missed my yoghurt :( Sleep a bit disruptive in night (normal sleep hours) due to nightclub/party goers. Great location :)

Hey thanks a lot for your kind words, i makes us really happy to know that you had a great time in Barcelona! Really objective review we will make sure to look after all the things you saw that needs attention to improve the experience for future travelers! thank you very much and see you soon!

No Internet access in the 2nd floor and very very poor signal in other places like breakfast room. I complained about that but without success ("Maybe it's because there are a lot of people here, just try later" (what?! One week trying) / "Ohh, I will talk with IT people"). People from hotel business from around the world seem to do not understand that internet access for a traveler is an essential service.

Pretty awesome hostel. Expect a party vibe, but to be expected with any hostel attached to a bar! Wifi was pretty crappy. Staff all super helpful and friendly, but some lonngg waits at reception to get to speak to a staff member! Great location

Really! one of the best hostel where I've been!! Maybe the "so so part" is that it's a very big hostel, then you don't have that "familiar" atmosphere...but anyway is a really good choice. The hostel is about to 100mts from the Rambla and Catalunya square...is easy to move to diferent parts of the city and there is a metro station just outside. I have the best time there, and the stuff is really helpful.

Heyy thanks a lot for your review it's really nice to know that you had a great time in Barcelona! We are a big big hostel indeed but we also are a big big family running this building, and we try to make every single guest to feel part of it!!! We hope to see you again with us in Barcelona! Cya!