St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

The best hostel I stayed at on my RTW trip. Great atmosphere - the events man Marco is a legend. Generous staff. Great bar. The Welcome meeting is a great start to the stay - meeting everyone in the hostel. Rooms were clean and tidy, security was top notch. Couldn't fault this place - just wished i'd stayed longer.

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff is AMAZING and make sure you get the most out of Barcelona. The deals with the bar next door make it a great place to hang out and meet people. THE ATMOSPHERE is the best of any hostel I've stayed in. Rooms were great, bag storage was great. Only complaint was the push button showers, but even that wasn't so bad. If I travel to another city with a St. Christopher's I will definitely stay.

Hey there, We loved your review! Make sure you use the official St Christopher's website if your are travelling onward to any of our other European destinations, as we reward you with huge savings each time you visit : ) Thanks for your amazing review!

Great hostel and great location. Super nice to have your own curtains as well, felt like you can have some privacy even though there are others in the room. Major plus. The showers though are push operated and give you 5 seconds of either hot or cold water depending on how it feels that day. Plus WiFi is super slow . Improve your WiFi and add some handles to the showers so you don't have to press 700 times to take one quick shower and this would be the best hostel in Barcelona by far.

the location was amazing. staff great and helpful. rooms were cleaned regularly. overall a great experience! lots of lounge spaces and areas to hang out. loved it!

Nice place, nice guests and nice stuff.

Somebody threw up on the floor in our hallway directly outside of our room. Apparently all of the toilets were clogged. The bed bunks were extremely loud and moving all night-when the top bunk moves, it feels like an earthquake below. The below bed lockers are inconvenient and LOUD for late arriving guests. Staff had overbooked our room to another traveller, which ended up requiring rousting of the entire room to get situated. Our room smelled like a trash room. Lighting needs improvement.

Hello there, It seems as though you had a bit of bad luck during your time here, which is extremely unfortunate and by no means representative of your average hostel experience. It can happen that one of our guests has a little too much to drink and forgets that they are sharing facilities, but we're sure that our 24-hour housekeeping team took care of this during the course of the night, We hope you discussed these issues with our staff who are always ready to help, Thanks for writing

St Christopher's was my first hostel experience and certainly exceeded my expectations. The location is so central and convenient for getting around. The staff asked for our honest feedback and made changes where they could as well as gave useful help when giving directions and travel information. The welcome activities were a bit cheesy but did help to build a community in the hostel. All things considered this was a great place to stay for travel.

• 25th May 2015

Hey there, Such an interesting review. And yes, it's your honest feedback that helps us learn and grow and continue to develop and improve for the sake of our future guests. We're pleased you made the most of our central location too. We know just how important it is to be in the heart of all the action that the city has to offer, Thanks again!

I have never seen a breakfast like I hade in this hostel. thanks

Hello, We love that you made the most of our amazing free breakfast buffet! As travelers ourselves we know just how important it is to eat well before a busy day sightseeing or just to kick that Barcelona hangover, Take care,

Wonderful hostel, great security, clean rooms and facilities, free breakfast, 2€ massage chair, helpful staff.

I absolutely love this Hostel! Private beds with a curtain, the free breakfast is solid, perfect location, the bar downstairs serves Tapas and Sangria, friendly staff that tries to make your experience in Barcelona fun and safe, and you can easily meet fellow travellers. They also have special discounts on attractions, drinks at the bar, and food. Great common areas, a bus that will take you around Europe, and they even sell converters! Just make sure you bring flip flops for the shower!

• 24th May 2015

love the design of the double deck bed and the storage area under the bed. Bath and toilets are always cleaned. location is very central. A must stay hostel when in Barcelona

the staff are very friendly, location is prefect, i have a great time there

Hey there, We're really pleased that you hit it off with our staff. It really makes their day when they find out that they've left a lasting impression on any of our guests and we're sure they'll be pleased to read your feedback too! Safe onward travels,

So clean cheap and in such a great location! You can take the bus straight from the airport to just around the corner for only 6€ . I loved the curtains on the bunks for added privacy, bathrooms so clean, and the common room and bar was great way to meet people. Will def stay at St Christopher's again in the future.

Hey, We're really glad that you found us conveniently located. Our helpful team have this info and more if you are worried about how to get to or from anywhere in the city and it's surroundings so make sure you swing by for a chat, or even email in advance, Thanks for your time,

This hostel may seem like a good deal on the outside, but there is a lot of hidden fees. For example, you have to pay to use the computers! The staff were not friendly and the reception is always busy. The bathrooms have a strange mixed bleach smell but they were clean. Good location. Great breakfast. Great maps.

Really large hostel, good facilities and a great atmosphere for if you want to go out. Also the bar has great food where you get 25% off.

This hostel is the best because of its location, but average in almost every other sense. The mattresses in other St. Christopher's locations I've stayed in have been much more comfortable. The one I had was so deflated it was like sleeping on the board underneath. Water pressure in the showers is horrendous as well, and the wifi doesn't work past the second floor - a huge complaint among guests. Overall, it's fine because it's so well located, but don't expect amazing things.

standard party hostel for young flashpackers. central location, has everything you need but its a cookie cutter approach.

Awesome hostel. I couldnt ask for more! Good staff, good food, nice bar, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, lots of showers, and more

Excellent staff members, especially those working at front desk..The hostel is located closed to city center, and many places are walkable distance. Overrall excellent services, staffs, and location. Only your hostel roommates are the one bothers you most...

The epitome of hostels, a great atmosphere with a mostly young crowd but also a few older people. The facilities are great and very clean. It is definitely more of a party hostel but is still relaxed. The beds offer a personal space thanks to the curtains, and also house a reading light and plug. I had some trouble with my bank and the staff helped in every way they could, allowing me to use the phone and showing me the nearest western union. I would most certainly stay here again.