St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

The hostel was clean and super nice. Even though I was in a 14 person dorm the way the rooms are designed often made me forget this fact. Breakfast was nice and the Belushi bar/restaurant area was really nice and had great food. The key card system is great for security. The location is awesome for getting around the city and there are many shops, restaurants, cafes etc.. I have already recommended this hostel to friends and would easily return!

Great facilities. Good security. You get a discount at restaurant which serves great food. Staff was helpful. Booked for party of 2, and we did not stay in same room which was slightly frustrating. good location.

My partner and I have stayed in a number of hostels from the St Christophers chain and this was by far the most modern and clean. We really enjoyed our stay and loved Belushi's as always!!!!

Great atmosphere, staff very helpful. The bar adjoining the hostel is a great place to eat and drink. The bar staff were great! Enjoyed my stay thoroughly.

• 18th Apr 2014

This hostel was amazing! One of my all-time favorite hostels -- the beds were comfortable, the staff was very helpful, and the overall atmosphere was fantasic! The walking tour was really interesting, and the bar downstairs is a wonderful place to make friends as a solo traveler, it is always packed with friendly, interesting people! Overall amazing stay, I would 100% recommend this hostel!

BEST HOSTEL EVER. Seriously , if you want to have fun , meet people and be in a comfortable hostel , with amazing location, St Christophers Barcelona is the place. Amazing staff and very clean hostel with the greatest atmosphere.

I thought the hostel was lovely. After an incredibly long plane ride, the staff were helpful beyond words, making it incredibly easy to check in. The one thing I didn't like was the upgraded breakfast option. In the morning, I didn't have any sort of direction to go to get the upgraded breakfast. More information would have been nice on this. I could have asked the staff at the time, but I was a little out of sorts.

• 17th Apr 2014

Excellent hostel, really well located next to Placa de Catalunya. Helpful staff and great amenities. No issues with toilets or showers, and all beds have lockers and curtains for privacy, as well as charge points and lamps. Hostel also has a bar and a restaurant, where you can get discounts for staying in the hostel. Definitely recommended.

have to wait a long time for the reception~maybe needa hire more staff...and awful smell in female bathroom on 5th floor

Great experience. This was only the second hostel I stayed in so I don't have much to compare it to. However I must say the staff were great, location was good as well as security. Nice sized showers where you could actually hang stuff and place to put your toiletries. Having to press the shower button every 15-20 was not a huge deal. Nice sized underbed lockers. Good drink and food specials and tapas/sangria happy hour was a great way to meet other travelers. I would def recommend to friends.

• 17th Apr 2014

Bed was clean but the floor and the room was not. "lockers" are mettle cages that roll underneath the bed, you must have your own lock. I could not connect to the internet for more than a minute in my room on the 5th floor, also had issues connecting in common space. Staff was no help. Bathrooms smelled like mildew, and showers were challenging with water always turning off and always busy from 8-12 pm. But if you don' mind loud party people and you don't need internet is ok.

As far as hostels go the building was one of the nicer I've seen. The privacy curtains on the beds and the bedside electrical plugs were appreciated. It was also nice that every bunk in the room had it's own lockable storage bin. The hostel was noisy and our room was pretty dirty when we checked in. The bathrooms also felt dirty (probably the puke we saw in them on more than one occasion) and we saw a lot of uncollected sweepings in the hallway corners. Overall the place was fine I guess.

Great Hostel!!!

A few staff did smile at us but apart from that it feels like we were bothering them. The breakfast was terrible, yes it's free like at all the other st.chris inns I've stayed at but there was never any cutlery or plates? The staff were literally throwing cheese and ham onto plates in the middle of the pool table. When I asked for a spoon, they said that they were washing them all? The bar was terrible, we ordered a veg meal and it came with meat, very overpriced. Clean but toilets dirty/smelly.

Had an amazing time at St Christophers, Barcelona! The location was so easy to get to from the airport and is a really good base for exploring the city. Had an amazing time- thanks guys! - will definately reccommend!

• 12th Apr 2014

Cheap and great hostel! The staff were helpful and a good laugh and the atmosphere was always great! Decent walk to the beach but it's close to the underground lines. Would definitely stay here again

Location was amazing. Hallways smelled horrible from bathrooms. Some days the showers didnt have hot water. Breakfast was poor, as they were short of food and short of plates/bowls/spoons at all times (also ends at 10am sharp). Electronic key cards stopped working multiple times. Check out is at 11am and if you get to the desk at 11:01am you won't get your key card deposit back. If it's your cheapest option go for it, if it's not I'd go with another choice.

Fantastic staff, very friendly & helpful. The online check in facility is great. I would suggest introducing a quiet dorm so travellers who're only in Barcelona for the tourism aren't being woken up by people who are returning from bars and clubs.

Heyy we are really happy to know that you had a good time here!, you have give us a really good suggestion, defiantly something to think about. Thanks for your review, and see you later.-

Professionally run like a hotel, downside is the staff are more impersonal. But overall a good place to stay.

It was an easy place to get to and but was a very far walk from the beach. Everything else was great though. Good security, nice having a bar downstairs with a good atmosphere and free breakfast. The 16 person dorm was broken up so it really didn't seem that big. The only downfall was that it was very hot in the rooms at night.