St Christopher's Barcelona Reviews

Carrer de Bergara, 3, Barcelona, Spain

The best hostel chain I've stayed at! Great staff and very social atmosphere! Unbelievably clean and looks very upscale. I'll stay there again when I go back to Barcelona!

It would make sense if there was more than one washer and dryer for a place that can house over a hundred people.. Also, if there is no A/C, we should be allowed to open the balcony door to air the room out. It got so hot, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was dying. Also, the shower stunk of mold and made the whole room smell off. Otherwise, great stay.

This is my second time staying at a St. Christopher's and it didn't disappoint. The facilities are fantastic, great clean shower and bathrooms, top notch dorms and a great bar. Under bed lockers are great and really help make you feel secure. The staff are so friendly and helpful, they have great local knowledge. The only thing that got annoying were the lights in the dorm. I was on a top bunk and the bright lights were right above me, waking me whenever somebody came in. Would recommend!!!

We left our luggage stored as we arrived to the hostel before check-in. When we tried to open the storage, it was blocked, and we had to WAIT FOR 1,5 HOURS to get someone open it. It was half our fault as we stuffed two person's stuff inside. We still were very pissed off and asked for some compensation. At that point, the hostel manager (?) blamed us about breaking his locker, even though we didn't break anything. He didn't even say sorry for the inconvenience. Otherwise, the stay was good.

Having curtains on each bed is an excellent idea! Spacious dorm room with sofa. Large storage area underneath the bed. Breakfast is okay. Toilet and shower room is good. Remember to prepare some coins if you have to put your luaggage in the locker after check-in.

room was very hot. lockers were available for bags but if you wanted to leave them for a few hours after check out or arrived early you had to pay. bar attached to hostel is very cheap.

Amazing hostel - could not have asked for a better stay while in Barcelona. The beds had private curtains, lights, and chargers ports, plus our 12 bed dorm had an ensuite bathroom which was very nice. The hostel organized events every night, the staff was very friendly and helpful, the people staying there were incredibly social, and the food/drinks at the bar were delicious. Would definitely stay here again, highly recommended!

Bit of a party hostel, not a great place to meet people as a solo traveller, good hostel but clearly a chain and lacking soul.

Great hostel to meet new people. On your first night there is a welcome dinner, well it's really a glass of sangria and a few small tapas. But otherwise great to meet new people. Rooms were ok, toilets and shower were quite small though and the water stopped every 20 seconds. Very annoying when wanting to wash your hair but other than than it was quite a convenient location and lockers were a pretty decent size. Don't stay here if you are wanting to sleep before 1am. No one goes out before that

Apart of excellent location and affordable price I would like to emphasize one obvious advantage - this hostel indeed is the place to meet other travellers. The evening meeting event is a really nice way to do that. On the practicalities - in our room aircon didn't work sometimes but at the same time I don't think any of girls in the room (incl myself) escalated it to staff so not the big reason to blame hostel. And what is also nice is that they give you a towel in case of need :)

By far the best hostel I have stayed at in the world

It's hard to fault this hostel really. Everything is beyond immaculate, drinks at the bar are reasonably priced when you take advantage of the specials, and the food was also super awesome. The nights out organised by the hostel ranged from amazing (opium) to ordinary (Shoko), so do your research on what club they're pushing for that night. Also be aware that it is a large hostel and it really does have that large hostel vibe to it as well.

The bathrooms smelled very bad & can't have been cleaned often as there was a clump of hair on the floor for at least 3 days. No kitchen to cook your own good - trying to get people to buy food at their bar. The beds were ok, good pillows. Difficult to mingle as a solo traveller as there is only the bar environment to meet people, and it definitely feels like a bar, not a common room. Great great location right on placa de catalunya, but I wouldn't stay again.

Hey there, It wad good of you to take the time to write to us, We're sorry that you weren't taken by the guest only discounts on food and drink that we offer in our bar and restaurant, which is fact completely separate from the two other large common areas that we have for you to relax in if you don't feel like joining the party downstairs, We suggest next time joining our free daily welcome meeting, which is perfect for solo travelers, Thanks again, We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip,

The hostel was very well located and had a nice bar. It was clean and they organised several events, of which they especially promoted the welcome meeting at 8pm to meet new people (you get free drinks and some tapas and it's a nice way to meet people) and the going out to clubs. However, the staff in general seemed very reserved to me and distanced, i felt like they merely did their work, but weren't having so much fun. They hardly smiled and also didn't promote well their events and facilities

Hey there, What a great review with some great positive feedback and some constructive criticism, which is really good for us to use as we continue to develop and grow as a business and more importantly as a team : ) We love that you made the most of our awesome free daily welcome meeting and met some great friends in the process - we're all travelers here ourselves and we know that's what backpacking is all about! Thanks for your time

Really enjoyed the amount of activities that the staff and facilities provide. It made it very easy to meet new friends! Very clean and comfortable.

SUCH a great experience! I absolutely loved this place. I was travelling alone and it was so easy to meet people at this hostel, very good with the welcome meeting every night, a good way to meet people. Staff was really friendly and helpful! And the location was just perfect! Close to everything, but quete in the night! Will definetly come back!!!

Loved the curtains across the beds for a little bit of privacy. Free breakfast was nice enough and the two free coffee machines made it even better! You can't beat the location! Nice, modern, clean facilities and building

Hey there, Thanks for your short but sweet review, We're really please you made the most of our awesome free breakfast buffet - we know just how important it is to eat well before a busy day of sightseeing in the city, or just to kick that Barcelona hangover ; ) Take care,

This is the most amazing hostel I have ever stayed at. The atmosphere is amazing. The adjoining cafe/bar is great. All the staff are so helpful. It really made my stay in Barcelona so much better. I have already recommend this hostel to friends who I know are going to Barcelona soon.

One of the best hostels I've stayed at, loved it here and wanted to stay longer. The only thing I can fault is the kitchen facilities, would've been good to have a cook top to make meals but can't complain. The hostel restaurant is pretty cheap and a great place to hang out.

Hey there, Great feedback and definitely some stuff in there were discussing for us. Unfortunately its just not realistic to offer full kitchen facilities for a hostel our size, but we hope that we make up for this with our fantastic discounts from our full menu in our bar and restaurant downstairs, which services food until 01.30am in the morning, Thanks again for writing,

Great location. The staff were friendly and helpful. Great atmosphere and space available. We stayed in a 12 bed dorm, the curtains around each bed gave a little privacy and the roll cages under the bunks were secure. Would stay here again.