Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Reviews

Moenchsberg 19c, Salzburg, Austria

The rooms are pretty small but the view is really really great. Make sure to bring a copy of your booking. I'm not so sure if you get a bed without it. When I arrived at the Stadtalm, there was no booking with my name. In my case the reception replaced two of the names in their list with my name. I don't hope two guests lost their beds this way... best access to the Stadtalm: stairs (start from 47.797520, 13.042604) or elevator (47.800870, 13.038787)

• 22nd Sep 2014

Beautiful view centrally located. BUT on top of a hill that is a 20min hike through the woods. No real staff to great you. More of a restaurant with rooms upstairs. Guy in my room was biking across Europe and had his locked bike stolen.

The view from windows is truly marvellous, pretty much the only thing good there. Facilities are limited to toilet and bathroom that lacks some privacy. The breakfast was very poor, particularly for a place that mainly serves as a restaurant. Getting up there was not such a hassle, at least if one comes from the old town up the stairs. Our Hostelworld downpayment was not taken into account by a waitress lacking the knowledge of English.

This is not really a hostel, just a restaurant with some rooms. No Wi-Fi, kitchen, common room or reception. I did not meet any people here.The view is nice though and the walk there is beautiful, but way too hard if you have luggage with you so you have to pay 5e in public transport to get there. The Staff is quite busy serving the "paying customers" in the restaurant, I had to wait for like 15 min for them to answer my questions. They did not offer any city info. Would not stay here again :)

staff had a very freindly. And view is so great.

The location is phenomenal. Everything else was disappointing. No lockers for our luggage, extremely tiny rooms, and terrible breakfast. Too bad, because with the location is could be a fantastic hostel. I guess you get what you pay for.

It would be better to have wifi in the hostel! That is the only demerit of yours.

Thank you for the great time we had and the information we received from you. You have such an awesome location :)

Dankeschön ;)

The hostel is on top of a hill so it has a gorgeous view. The facilities are from the 13th century adding a nice historic charm. It was a little difficult to find. It would also help to have some knowledge of German as the staff spoke little English.

The view is fantastic. You can see all of Salzburg from on top of the mountain. It took us a while to find the hostel (signage could have been better) however once we knew the location, the walk to/from the city isn't that bad, As long as you are prepared (25-30 minutes from the station). the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was simple, tasty, filling. We checked in around noon, during lunch, so the woman checking us in seemed a little rude. Great value though if you're willing to walk.

• 15th May 2014

The directions were hard to follow and during my stay all of the guests that appeared had the same story - we all got lost in the forest trying to find the hostel. Perhaps put up more signs, given that it is a lot of trails and trees, asking people is not always an option. Also, it was very scary that there appeared to be no staff with us up on that cliff and people kept appearing from the forest lost and afraid in the middle of the night. However, the view from the cliff was indeed spectacular.

The staff didn't speak English or even try. She handed us our key and walked away. No map,no help -nothing. The hostel is literally on a hill, almost impossible to find. If you can find it, you will have a great view but it takes about 45 minutes to get to the city center.