Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Reviews

Moenchsberg 19c, Salzburg, Austria

This hostel isn't a "real hostel" it's more of just a bed above a restaurant so do not have high expectations if you're just looking for a bed then it's perfect. Also not accessible with your suit case, a taxi is required as there are many stairs to climb, although the view is great!

if you don't expect a lot, you will get more from this hostel. there's no kitchen or common area, but with 19 euros you get to stay in a 6-bed room and enjoy the breakfast (included) with a hilltop view, man, what more can you complain! we did enjoy our stay here. the staff may not speak much english, and the interaction is minimum, but well, enjoy yourself in the surrounding of this hostel. it's a nice place to spend few nights, and the cheapest we could find in town with breakfast!

• 16th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

I was treated to a beautiful sunset over the alps! However, night I got there, I arrived at the pre-arranged time (7pm) but no-one was there! I had to book another hostel for that night and had to pay Natursfrundhus as well. What with running the restaurant during the day and dealing with new guests, they definitely need to get another person to help out. That said, they were very friendly and accomodating.

The rooms are pretty small but the view is really really great. Make sure to bring a copy of your booking. I'm not so sure if you get a bed without it. When I arrived at the Stadtalm, there was no booking with my name. In my case the reception replaced two of the names in their list with my name. I don't hope two guests lost their beds this way... best access to the Stadtalm: stairs (start from 47.797520, 13.042604) or elevator (47.800870, 13.038787)

• 22nd Sep 2014

Beautiful view centrally located. BUT on top of a hill that is a 20min hike through the woods. No real staff to great you. More of a restaurant with rooms upstairs. Guy in my room was biking across Europe and had his locked bike stolen.

The view from windows is truly marvellous, pretty much the only thing good there. Facilities are limited to toilet and bathroom that lacks some privacy. The breakfast was very poor, particularly for a place that mainly serves as a restaurant. Getting up there was not such a hassle, at least if one comes from the old town up the stairs. Our Hostelworld downpayment was not taken into account by a waitress lacking the knowledge of English.

This is not really a hostel, just a restaurant with some rooms. No Wi-Fi, kitchen, common room or reception. I did not meet any people here.The view is nice though and the walk there is beautiful, but way too hard if you have luggage with you so you have to pay 5e in public transport to get there. The Staff is quite busy serving the "paying customers" in the restaurant, I had to wait for like 15 min for them to answer my questions. They did not offer any city info. Would not stay here again :)

staff had a very freindly. And view is so great.

The location is phenomenal. Everything else was disappointing. No lockers for our luggage, extremely tiny rooms, and terrible breakfast. Too bad, because with the location is could be a fantastic hostel. I guess you get what you pay for.