Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Reviews

Moenchsberg 19c, Salzburg, Austria

If you don't want to walk 300+ steps don't come, simple :) Really good breakfast, super clean, free wifi, centre location, lockers and best showers in a long time! A pleasant surprise, deserves a higher rating in my opinion for the views alone!

I had booked for 2night but they checked only one night so they said I had to move my room each day. And there was no available bed for me. Because the hostel overbooked one more. There was a guy who came to the hostel and they let him use my room, that's why I couldn't have a normal bed eventhou I booked 1month ago. I told the hostel and they provided an extra bed without any apology and even said that 20euro for me was the value like that. Furthermore overbooking in this hostel was very common

How could i carry my luggage to the top of mountain? I don't want to remember it. It was the best except for location. :(

We stayed for a total of 3 nights. It was 2 of us but we only got one key. There were some lockers in the room and we asked for the key of those but apparently they were lost so we had to leave our things with them open. Then, the last night one of our lockers was closed with our things inside (there actually was a key and it was given to a new customer who locked our things inside when he saw it was full), so we had to break it open to be able to get our things since he was not there. not good.

The rating for this hostel should be much higher. This hostel was amazing. The location beats everything. Beds were comfortable and the facilities were very clean. A little tricky to find but once you do it's worth it!! Also their restaurant is classic german food that tastes great and priced well!

The hostel had a great view, but it was was difficult to find and quite a walk up a lot of steps. I didn't expect much for €20 a night, but the building didn't have a social room or any facilities etc. It was just a room for the night above a very busy restaurant, which meant you could smell the food from the kitchen constantly. Breakfast was simple but nice that it was included. Its fine for the price, but I wouldn't pay more.