Fabulous 246 Total Reviews
Fabulous 246 Total Reviews
Stadtalm Naturfreundehaus Located at Moenchsberg 19c, , Salzburg.
Austria
Salzburg Salzburg 5020 Moenchsberg 19c
80% 246
47.7995497 13.0361366
    Rooms available

• chunterhall8111
  • USA, Couple, 41+
23rd Sep 2016

This is a great choice if you enjoy sitting on a terrace in a park looking down on the city. Wow! It is a bit of a walk up to the hostel and we had a little trouble finding the steps up to it. There are also steep steps up to the attic rooms where we stayed. Also, there is not really an indoor common room or area for use by guests. Luckily the weather was great while we were there and we spent all our time there in our room or on the terrace. Other downside is that wifi was very spotty.

• May11
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
21st Sep 2016
8.0

Perfect location. On a hill with amazing view. A bit of a walk to get there buts it's a walk I would take anytime for the view and once you get down you're right in the middle of old town. The free breakfast was great everything was clean and cosy. Had a good vibe. Only downside is the rooms were small and there's no kitchen. I enjoyed my stay here

16th Sep 2016

Incredible view. After reading reviews I knew to expect a restaurant staff instead of a dedicated hostel desk. While we waited out front for the server to have a spare minute, he did ask us if we were there for the hostel which was nice, acknowledging us. He was very busy, but when finally did talk to us he was very nice and helpful. Spaces are clean. The open windows at night let in some restaurant noise from outside, but the view is definitely worth it.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Sep 2016

I booked a second night after my first because this place is fantastic! The staff was so friendly and helpful; it's smartly decorated and warm, the view is unmatched. The restaurant downstairs is a little pricey. It's a bit of a trek up the hill to get to it, but when you're tired or you have big bags you can pay 2.5 euro to take an elevator. Free lockers! Downsides: breakfast is bread, cheese, ham--not great for vegetarians or carb-watchers. no kitchen. Best simple stay for the price!

22nd Aug 2016

Great Hostel if you don't mind to walk everytime on top of the hill (you will get rewarded with the amazing view) and don't need to cook anything (cause there is no kitchen). The wifi was only accessible in the first floor and there should be a common room. But I still enjoyed staying there. Especially the free breakfast.

• England, Male, 18-24
4th Aug 2016

Very small hostel, difficult to find at first. Above a nice Austrian restaurant with great views, not many plug sockets in the room, but still I enjoyed my stay here and although I won't rush back to Salzburg i would happily stay here again.

• CamilleBenslimane
  • England, Couple, 18-24
4th Aug 2016
5.1

The staff were very unhelpful when I rang for directions, it was very unclear where to go and where to check in. We had dinner there and found the staff quite rude. For the location and the staff I feel like I paid too much

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Jul 2016
7.4

The view is amazing, but getting up here is legitimately a hike. Be prepared, you will be climbing up about 10 flights of stairs or you can take the elevator for a few euros if you prefer. This place seems first to be a restaurant and then a hostel. There isn't really a common room, wifi never worked for me, and in my room with 6 beds there were only three outlets so that was a challenge. However, if you're just looking for a bed to crash in and pretty views it's a good option.

30th Jul 2016

I had a great stay here! It's located up the hill and in the trees, so there's a great view of the city. It's also within walking distance of everything you'd want to see. My only compliant is that the hostel is initially hard to fine. Google Maps does not take you the whole way there. The hostel is also a restaurant and it's in a fortress. Look for "Burgerwehr" on the fortress walls. Also, be prepared to walk up many flights of stairs with your luggage to get there.

16th Jul 2016

This is the perfect place to stay if you want incredible views over the city and to be surrounded by nature, as it's a great escape from the city down below. This has a really nice mountain lodge feeling to it, and is not the place to stay if you want a "party hostel." Also, unless you want to pay for the funicular every time, you should probably enjoy hiking up/down moderately steep terrain to get to/from this place. Would stay again and would recommend to certain outdoorsy friends.