Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Excellent location and friendly helpful staff. We would definitely return and recommend to others.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

My first time staying in a hostel and I must say I had the best time, I couldn't of asked for more it was perfect in every way --- stayokay is amaze !! I will be returning x

• 28th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great facilities and location.

Incredibly clean! Great location

I had a great stay at StayOK, the breakfast was particularly great and the hostel had everything you could need for hire, bikes, hairdryers etc.

This hostel was very professional, almost too much that it felt like a university dormitory. Still had a decent atmosphere in the common areas and downstairs bar. One big negative was the poor wifi connection in the rooms. I spent more time trying to reconnect than I did actually on wifi.

Really great location! No atmosphere though.

A lot of hidden fees. Towel, lockers (that eat your money), internet (and Wifi is spotty). Typical European hostel though. Really good breakfast. Make sure to go early - by 8:00 the line it really long.

the blonde at reception is beautiful

• 24th Aug 2015

Just crashed here for one night but was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, and my 4-bed dorm had its own bathroom that was quite large and really nice. The location is pretty central, close to museums. It was a little warm in the rooms - they don't have much air circulation. The staff was super nice and they offer discounts on tickets and tours for Amsterdam which is a bonus. One big downfall was the line to get breakfast - insanely long and slow.

Suggestion not a complain: Should sort out the long queue for breakfast. Check out time 10:30 am is too early and check in time 2 pm is too strick considering customers doing the bed themselves. I reckon there should be a communication between front officer and cleaner about which beds r clean and whoever check in early go first. And clean the room floor later. Being force to pay for the locker annoy customer.

Thanks for your review and suggestions, as we have 540 beds in the hostel our housekeeping team has a pretty big job to do every day, so in summertime the checkout and check in is very strict. After summer however when we are not fully booked every day we do work with early check in, or late check out on request. Hope to see you again some day!

Lovely staff who were happy and helpful. Beautiful location on vondelpark.

Thanks for your review, glad to know you had a good time in Amsterdam!

Really good location - overall good hostel just minus the fact i couldn't sit up on the top bunk

Huge hostel/hotel. Nice room and huge breakfast. Nothing to complain except the lack of cozy atmosphere typical of smaller hostels. A bit expensive in august.

location was ok but the one problem I had was the shower it was bad but everything else was ok

• 17th Aug 2015

I stayed for 5 nights in an all female room and had a great stay! The queue can get long for breakfast but it soon goes down and if you go before 9am there is generally no queue at all! I am a person who is usually too hot and even though we had some hot days the rooms were fine to sleep at night. I think this hostel is great because if you want to be alone then it's easy but there are also plenty of options to meet others if you put the effort in such as the notice board. Highly recommended!

• 16th Aug 2015

Thanks for your great review, we are very happy to hear that your stay was fun and that you had a good sleep during the hot summer nights! Kind regards

Like others have said this hostel feels like a hotel. There were 2 showers and a toilet in our 6 bed dorm room - a luxury. Breakfast is the best I've had in a hostel. However the hostel charged me €5 after I left - I don't know what for! This is very annoying

• 15th Aug 2015

The hostel is very nice and the location is great right next to vondelpak. We were in summer, it was around 32 degrees, the rooms were extremely hot, the ventilation system is very bad and the worse is that u cant open the windows. Also for a room with 10 beds thats only 3 plugs in the entire room, turning it very difficult to charge the phone since there were always full.

• 13th Aug 2015

Hey I can imagine it was hot when you stayed here. You are also a bit lucky because normally it's rainy and cold over here, so we don't need AC or fans much. Although we have some fans at the reception that you could borrow. You can open the windows only not that far because of the security lock, sorry for this. When there are no plugs available you can charge your devices at the reception 24/7. This is also more safe;) See you next time! Have a nice day.

2 power points for a 10 person dorm and very few in the common area, atmosphere was lacking.

They need to put fans in the rooms it go way to hot in there and had poor ventilation

Hi! We had nice weather that couple of days. We have a air-system that cleans the air 24/7 and you can borrow a fan at the reception. The most of the time it's raining in Holland so we don't need ac or fans that much. I still hope you could sleep well in that heat and had a great time! See you next time!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7