Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My stay would have been just fine if I liked staying in an enormous hostel and was more of a partier. Some of my roommates came in from the bar and took showers at 2am, when I had to be awake at 4am to go to the airport. Too big and too easy to get lost in the crowd. Otherwise, it was very clean and vibrant, and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

If you are traveling to meet people, this might not be the best place to do it. The hostel is very big, which makes it feel almost like a hotel. I prefer smaller hostels. The location is good for seeing the city with an easy walk or tram ride.

I thought that the facilities were excellent, however the price of staying at the hostel was too expensive. Not having free WIFI throughout the building as well as charging for computer usage and towels were things with which I was very disappointed. The staff at the reception were civil, but not in my opinion very friendly. I did however think that the staff at the bar did a GREAT job, especially Gus.

• 21st Aug 2014

The value for money is that there isn't, we stayed 5 nights in a double bed ensuite, paid 411€. No wifi in our room, common room only & slow. Bunk beds in our room, & shower didn't have any barrier so the floor in the whole bathroom got soaked. No towels, would have to pay 4,95. Laundry facilities 7,50 for washer and then dryer, not total. Purchased groceries and told not allowed in room common only. Security too high, needed a key to get through every corridor. 7.50€ chef special was great

Great location near Vondelpark, the hostel is very clean and fairly quiet so getting a good night's sleep isn't that much of a challenge. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic for a hostel! A nice continental selection is available.

• 20th Aug 2014

Overall a nice hostel in a great location within Amsterdam near vondelpark. ì guess it is just challenging having SO many beds and guests through, it felt a little too busy That being said I was staying in peak time. For 40euro/night I was expecting a little more, like having internet access in my room so I wouldn't have to walk 100m to a jam packed lounge area. Key area for improvement: internet access to all hostel rooms.

I stayed at the hostel with four friends, and we really enjoyed our time here. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly (:

• 18th Aug 2014

The staff were very accommodating!

No internet in the room. Cleanliness and breakfast very good. Location is excellent.

Not having outlets in the bedrooms was very frustrating.

Wouldn't go back. Save your money. No wifi in the rooms, they charge to store your luggage, etc

Classic pay for everything hostel. Towels, using the computers, even the luggage storage. Big downstairs area but not ideal for a solo traveler. A pretty big ripoff for a dorm, but that could just be Amsterdam in peak season. Either way it's not worth the money. I wouldn't stay there again, it feels almost corporate

I was expecting something better for the ratings and the price. Rooms are average; kind of old and aesthetically unpleasant (say what!), I think they have different buildings and maybe I got sent to the not-so-good one. Wi-Fi only in common areas and didn't work for me when there was a lot of people in the room. It's a big hostel, so staff acts more like hotel staff, they are there and will help but it's not so relaxed as in small/laid back hostels.

This was the first place I stayed on on first ever interrailing trip. All I wanted to do was be sure to meet people and that happened very easily. It has a big common room filled with travellers. great for solo travelling. No need to worry. Bit expensive but that's just Amsterdam in general I guess.

This Hostel is perfect to live the nigth of Istambul, is 3 blocks from Taksym square, and is in the middle of everything. the owner is very funny and he did not charge extras for air conditionar, we can leave our luggage for free, the breakfast is cheap and the turkish tea is good ass well. The bathroom are no so good but you do not speend the time there is one toilet for 2 rooms. Ask for a room to inside the building because the street is very noise. The perfect place to stay

This is probably one of the most expensive hostels I have ever stayed in and definitely not even close to the best. The location is decent, right next to Vondlepark and Leiseplein square, but its quite a bit of a walk to the Anne Frank House, the red light district, and the centraal train station. A bit obnoxious that you have to buy a towel andthere are no outlets by your bed or wifi in your room. Also this hostel lacks any kind of atmosphere, some kind of planned activity would be nice.

The hostel is very confortable, with good facilities. The atmosphere isn't so great, though. Everybody just use the common area for the wifi, and there's no interaction. The bar is horrible, playing TERRIBLE music the entire day (seriously, someone could put some effort on the music). The staff is helpful but no so friendly. The best thing about this hostel is the AMAZING breakfast and the great location, close to the museums, vondelpark and lots of bars and restaurants.

Centric, clean and cheap!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Spain
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The location in VondelPark is beautiful. However because it is actually in the park, depending on what area you are coming in from it can be difficult to spot. There is wifi (in the lounge/common area only*) and the rooms are pretty average. The beds are clean but the rooms/bathrooms could use a little aesthetic upgrade. You are fairly close (15 min walk) to retail (H&M, McDonalds, etc.) and the Red Light District is about 20 minutes away on a tram.Note* Day trams cost about 2.80 and night 4.00

• 4th Aug 2014

Great location. Very nice buffet breakfast, getting there before 9.30 recommended as 10 is finishing time and the queue is crazy and you don't get all the stuff that's on offer! Really good overall. Just not enough plug sockets...... 1 in 6 bed dorm, very annoying. A handful in common area, where there are usually people sitting already! I would still recommend here however :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7