Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Fabulous 4908 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017
7.7

Really liked the location and was a fair price point, however I have stayed in better hostels in Amsterdam for your money. We stayed in a 10 person mixed dorm with one shared bathroom. The shower was small, dark, and dirty. There was one power strip for the entire room so everyone's phones were in one corner and it didnt feel secure. The lounge area was comfy but it wasnt very social. All in all, it was a decent stay but I wouldve stayed at a cleaner, more comfortable place.

• USA, Female, 18-24
17th Feb 2017

This hostel was my first time staying in a hostel. It was really clean, good wifi, great location and really nice staff. They have bikes to rent and a bar in the lobby. I'd say it's maybe a little over-priced but overall a really great experience!

• England, Male, 25-30
17th Feb 2017

Lovely hostel. Friendly staff and very clean accommodation. My only slight criticism is that breakfast was a tad on the underwhelming side. No bacon, beans, sausage or fried egg? It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect these when you are paying $7 per person per meal is it? Overall though, highly recommended.

Thanks a lot for your great review, we will pass your suggestions on to our Food and Beverage department, but maybe good to know that we offer a late English breakfast as well during the weekend! Kind regards

• USA, Female, 41+
13th Feb 2017

It is a great place to stay with friendly staff , clean and awsome location.

Wow a 10 out of 10 score! Many thanks, we really appreciate it!

12th Feb 2017
8.0

This hostel is visited by many large groups and families, not the ideal environment for a lone traveler. Great location though! Many things to see within walking distance.

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
12th Feb 2017

The location was perfect- just a few minutes' walk from the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. The staff were very helpful in giving directions or advice on what to do and the restaurant/bar was very convenient.

• England, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Feb 2017

The hostel was hard to find through using the hostels own directions but once there, there are very quick routes to the central areas. There are a cluster of restaurants and bars about 5 minute walk away and then another 15 to get to the centre (red light district). The rooms are small and unremarkable but clean. The beds however were uncomfortable and we longed for a matterress instead of a slice of foam. Bar downstairs is good and overall would recommend but I don't think I'd stay again.

• Austria, Male, 18-24
10th Feb 2017

When we first arrived at the hostel, it was very easy to check in and pay for our stay. The reception staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms we booked (for 4 people with a private bathroom) were fabulous: clean, with big windows and while not very big, still very comfortable. Also, even though we spent the weekend there, it wasn't too loud during the night. The continental breakfast buffet has a wide variety of bread, cereal, fruit, cheese and cold meat. Excellent value for money!

Thanks a lot for your review, good to know you guys had a good time here!

• India, Male, 31-40
6th Feb 2017

Best place to stay and travel all around in the Amsterdam. Keeo on.

• USA, Female, 25-30
5th Feb 2017

This was my first hostel experience and my first time traveling alone to another country. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. I rented a bike for 24 hours which allowed me to see much more of the city than by foot alone, though I did do a lot of walking as well. The location is so great with the I amsterdam sign and Van Gogh museum both being very close. Very easy to find the hostel coming from the airport. I recommend the breakfast as well. Decent food and a good start to the day.

Thanks for your kind review, we are pleased to know your first time in a hostel was smooth and easy!