Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very nice hostel with great free breakfast. Great location really close the park and the museums. It was a bit pricey compared to other hostels I've stayed in but Amsterdam is an expensive place and I still thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

Good location, nice staff, great and clean rooms, very good breakfast included and great locker system! I would totally recommend this hostel!

There's pictures of a building from the outside which aren't true to the real hostel, also the price for laundry was a bit expensive. Atmosphere was lacking but the staff were friendly. Other than that, breaky was okay and the beds were fine. We weren't planning on spending much time in the hostel anyway.

Had a great time here! I ended up in a 6 bed male dorm, really nice - clean, spacious and nice to have a charger next to my bed even on the top bunk. Lots on offer for breakfast too, great. Great security system in the lobby and i'm glad I remembered to bring my padlock, locker in my room was big enough for my whole rucksack which was nice too. I think it's a great location - not all about being right in the centre - there was Vondelpark opposite which is nice to have a spot to chill in. FAB :D

Good place overall. The Internet in the room was very bad, but besides that it was fine

The internet should work everywhere, but when a lot of people using the Wifi it can be slower than normal. I'm glad you liked the rest and hopefully you had a lot of fun in Amsterdam!

I only stayed here one night but it was clean and had plenty of room. there was ok storage but not the best, shower/bathroom ensuite was great. good place to stay

Great location and helpful staff. Perfect in almost every way - just a very large hostel!

It was super easy to find and the staff were so helpful, especially with tips on getting around and things to see. The room was clean and spacious and even though it was a shared room it was still very restful. Fre wifi was great and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend and go back.

• 20th Jul 2015

I really liked my stay here and would definaty stay again!! I loved the location right in the park, made for quiet nights and large rooms but if you want to be in the hussle and bussle you will need to take a walk or a short tram ride.very clean and felt very safe, plus the breakfast is the best iv had so far! It's still a continental cold breakfast but a very high standard.

Literally felt I had been robbed staying in this hostel cannot begin to describe how much it ruined my experience to Amsterdam. No wifi, small dirty bed, filthy toilets, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, long walks to best areas and the best way to ruin a trip. So gutted about this place even stayed in another hostel with friends to escape it after one night. I have stayed in many hostels you never expect a 5 star hotel but this place is a disgrace. Never again!!!!

The hostel is very big. The rooms were clean and they have a good wifi. Breakfast was very complete. I'd definetely come back if it weren't for the price. 40€ a night is too expensive.

Hey, It's great you had a nice time over here! The prices are different everyday and are much lower outside the high season. However we always try to keep the prices as low as possible compare to other hostels in expensive Amsterdam, sorry this didn't work out for you. Have a look sometimes at the website for prices/availability because it would be great to see you again;) See you soon! Ciao

The most perfect hostel ever I've stayed!

Very good stay. Thought the place was great. The bar was good, the food was good, the rooms were nice and the staff were excellent.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and breakfast was incredible. I wasn't too thrilled with the lack of soap in the toilet because I was on my period but I had no other issues

Hi there! Thanks for this amazing review. A message with a lot of happiness in it, that's always good! You can always ask the reception for anything you need, also for soap if you didn't bring your own;) We look forward to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

It is a good hostel and the location is awesome. A calm place to stay. I was traveling alone and I stayed in a 6 bed female room, which is a good option in this case. The only problem is that the room is not very clean. It has a strange smell, like when its not really cleaned. And the bathroom too. The WiFi worked in my room but not that fast, you can use for the basics without problem. I recommend the hostel.

Good location, big hostel

Clean and secure? Undoubtedly. A fun atmosphere for travellers? Not at all. If I had have known that the hostel I chose to book would be overridden with 14 year olds on school excursions and 40 year old men on sad middle-aged stag do's, I would certainly not have made a reservation. To the hostels credit, it had the experience in the name. My stay was okay.

Hi there! Maybe a other time there are more people of your age, we can't control this unfortunately;). I'm glad you liked the cleanlibess and security, we think that's really important. I hope you loved our city Amsterdam and had a lot of fun;). Have a great day and we hope to see you again. Ciao

Great place - worth the money. More power points in the room would be great but overall a great stay! I would stay again gladly!

• 8th Jul 2015

Loved this place! I loved being right on the park and found my self there a lot of the timing just chilling out. The staff were so friendly and helped me with everything. My dorm was clean, comfortable, plenty of light and had windows. There was also great wifi in my room, which was awesome. Breakfast was great, lots of options. I would definitely stay with them again and recommend it to everyone.

thanks for leaving such a lovely review, you're welcome to come back and visit anytime! regards

Excellent location. This hostel has many amenities including the games room, bar, breakfast included and bike rental shop. Bathrooms were relatively clean and their and the rooms seemed fairly secure. As a single however, I didn't feel this was the greatest place to meet new people to socialize many of the others here came in large groups and others were fairly unsociable.

Hello, Thanks for your review and rating. I'm glad you liked the location and facilities! Unfortunate there were more groups than single travelers during your stay. Normally you can meet a lot of new people in our bar or at the Leidseplein;) Thanks for the review and I hope you liked our city! Have a great night! Cheers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7