Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

A lot of hidden fees. Towel, lockers (that eat your money), internet (and Wifi is spotty). Typical European hostel though. Really good breakfast. Make sure to go early - by 8:00 the line it really long.

the blonde at reception is beautiful

• 24th Aug 2015

Suggestion not a complain: Should sort out the long queue for breakfast. Check out time 10:30 am is too early and check in time 2 pm is too strick considering customers doing the bed themselves. I reckon there should be a communication between front officer and cleaner about which beds r clean and whoever check in early go first. And clean the room floor later. Being force to pay for the locker annoy customer.

Thanks for your review and suggestions, as we have 540 beds in the hostel our housekeeping team has a pretty big job to do every day, so in summertime the checkout and check in is very strict. After summer however when we are not fully booked every day we do work with early check in, or late check out on request. Hope to see you again some day!

Lovely staff who were happy and helpful. Beautiful location on vondelpark.

Thanks for your review, glad to know you had a good time in Amsterdam!

Really good location - overall good hostel just minus the fact i couldn't sit up on the top bunk

I stayed for 5 nights in an all female room and had a great stay! The queue can get long for breakfast but it soon goes down and if you go before 9am there is generally no queue at all! I am a person who is usually too hot and even though we had some hot days the rooms were fine to sleep at night. I think this hostel is great because if you want to be alone then it's easy but there are also plenty of options to meet others if you put the effort in such as the notice board. Highly recommended!

• 16th Aug 2015

Thanks for your great review, we are very happy to hear that your stay was fun and that you had a good sleep during the hot summer nights! Kind regards

Like others have said this hostel feels like a hotel. There were 2 showers and a toilet in our 6 bed dorm room - a luxury. Breakfast is the best I've had in a hostel. However the hostel charged me €5 after I left - I don't know what for! This is very annoying

• 15th Aug 2015

The hostel is very nice and the location is great right next to vondelpak. We were in summer, it was around 32 degrees, the rooms were extremely hot, the ventilation system is very bad and the worse is that u cant open the windows. Also for a room with 10 beds thats only 3 plugs in the entire room, turning it very difficult to charge the phone since there were always full.

• 13th Aug 2015

Hey I can imagine it was hot when you stayed here. You are also a bit lucky because normally it's rainy and cold over here, so we don't need AC or fans much. Although we have some fans at the reception that you could borrow. You can open the windows only not that far because of the security lock, sorry for this. When there are no plugs available you can charge your devices at the reception 24/7. This is also more safe;) See you next time! Have a nice day.

2 power points for a 10 person dorm and very few in the common area, atmosphere was lacking.

They need to put fans in the rooms it go way to hot in there and had poor ventilation

Hi! We had nice weather that couple of days. We have a air-system that cleans the air 24/7 and you can borrow a fan at the reception. The most of the time it's raining in Holland so we don't need ac or fans that much. I still hope you could sleep well in that heat and had a great time! See you next time!

Great location. Easy walk to Rijkmuseum and Van Gogh Museum. Friendly and helpful staff. Felt safe here.

• 12th Aug 2015

This is my first hostel experience and first time traveling alone so you can imagine the fears that come with that. This hostel was absolutely amazing - perfect location, great helpful staff, so clean. I was in the all female room and I met people from all over the world and I ended up spending my time with them. I was only able to book 2 nights online and wanted a third night and the staff rearranged things to allow me to stay a third night! Go on Leidseplein pub crawl/Anne frank house! Thanks

• 12th Aug 2015

Thanks for your review, we feel very honored that we made your first hostel experience a great one!!! Kind regards and hope to see you back again!

Great hostel, highly recommend! Amazing breakfast with heaps of options. Very clean and tidy. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm and had our own shower and toilet in the room. Great location

Good hostel, nice staff and great location. Our room was ok, couldn't tell if it was cleaned or not. It was very warm in the room as well so no air condition I guess. The breakfast was super!!! Best thing about the hostel!

Was a decent place to stay. Nice to be right next to Vondelpark and really close to Van Gogh and Ryjks Museums, and the heineken experience. Loved the city and this hostel was a good area to be able to walk to most places you want to go.

Very overpriced. Even though Amsterdam is generally expensive, try book somewhere else. The buildings are very old and run down, there are several floors and the elevators are out of use for most parts of the day! Rooms are cramped and extremely hot in summer with no window or fan. There is now atmosphere in this hostel, it feels like a big run down, cheap hotel. The internet hardly works and there are only two power sockets in a room for 8! Ridiculous. The showers were always damp and smelled.

Hi there! Thanks for your review and rating. You can use the elevator but during the breakfast the staff is also using it. Every room we have got a window so i'm curious in which room you slept? It's possible to borrow a fan at the reception if you need it;). I hope you still loved our beautiful city. Have a great day

Staff woke me up for sleeping in the common area after I had checked out and was waiting for my bus. There were plenty of places for people to sit, I was not in the way. The result was me remaining in the same position but awake. Power tripping maybe?

• 9th Aug 2015

You probably had a great night out in Amsterdam, like the most people:D For sleeping we have plenty of beds available;). I hope you were on time for the bus and had a safe trip. We hope to see you again. Have a good day, cheers!

good location,helpful staff,very nice breakfeast

I was incredibly impressed by this hostel. My room (8 women) was spacious with a comfortable bed, an outlet and light right by my head, and a small cabinet to keep my things in. The in-house bar created opportunities to connect with other travelers. I rented a bike there which was amazing - no stress about where to return it and then having to walk back from some remote location. I was very impressed by the staff and received wonderful service, and never for a second did I feel unsafe.

Thanks for your great review, we are very happy to hear that you felt at home with us during your stay! Kind regards and we hope to see you back again!

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms and the facilities were good. The breakfast was very tasty and varied.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7