Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Up charges for everything. I think this place would be cool if I was 16. Not in general

Great hostel in a great central location. I was able to walk all over Amsterdam from the Stayokay Vondelpark. Clean room, great facilities. Remember to bring your own towel as they do not rent towels, though they do sell them for 4.5 euros. Staff was very helpful and informative.

• 23rd Feb 2015

The hostel was ok, clean and in a nice place. But there were few plug for charging phones

• 19th Feb 2015

Hi Serena, Thanks for your review and awesome rating. It's always possible to charge your devices at the reception. This is also more safe and handy. We hope to see you again soon! Greets Ruben

No wi-fi in room, and poor wi-fi in reception.

• 17th Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your review! We only have Wifi in the lobby and in the bar, so that could be the reason.I hope you enjoyed your stay and our great city Amsterdam. Cheers! Ruben

Overall a good experience. There are some gripes however. The mattress was too firm and i woke up with a backache. The WIFI signal in our room was extremely bad and I couldn't connect to it.

Hostel suits 18-20 y/o travellers. One or two very friendly staff members; one or two very unfriendly ones. Breakfast good.

Thanks for sharing! We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. Therefore I’m sorry to hear that some of our staff were unfriendly. I will discuss this with our staff. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city! Have a nice evening. Ruben

It's a very large hostel, so it has the atmosphere you'd expect - it doesn't have the family feel of a small hostel. That said, it was a good place to rest my head. Great facilities.

Thanks for your review and we are happy that you had a good place to rest your head. We would like to see you next time. Ruben

A lot better than what we have expected. I just wished that the wifi could be accessed from room.

We're glad that your stay was better than you expected. We hope to see you again! Greets Ruben

I was very pleasantly surprised!

Good hostel, good breakfast :)

Our stay was perfect! The only inconvenient was that the Internet is not available in te rooms.

Dear guest, thanks for great review.and yes we do only have Wifi @ the dowstairs area.

Nice place, good facilities, met some fantastic people. Would definitely stay there if I'm in Amsterdam again!

Thanks for great comments !

The location is good. And the area is quiet. I felt safe and the breakfast was amazing! Stayokay is very big and so it is not easy to meet people. I only met new friends in my room. Other than that it is a great place to spend few days and visit the city!

Dear guest, thanks for your great comments about our location, safety and our breakfast. Good to hear you met some friends in the room. We also have a walking tour leaving daily @ 10:40 to meet some people, or perhaps in our bar or pub-crawl?

Best breakfast I have ever had at a hostel, hands down. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bed was decent, and the shower was good. Be prepared for being woken up in the middle of the night by loud roommates. But I guess that's Amsterdam for you: party destination for many teenagers.

Hi there, great to hear you really enjoyed our breakfast. Also good you liked our rooms and beds. A pity you were woken up in the middle of the night, but it seems you took it the right way. We do however ask everybody to be considerate in the rooms,especially after 22:00 in the evening. So feel free to say something about it, or inform the reception. Hope to see you again !

The only problem was that our hostel knew that there was going to be construction taking place on the other side of the wall to our room and still placed us in that room. We were woken up at 7:30am after hanging out all night and were pissed we had to get up and wait till 2 to get a new room. Besides that the stay was great.

• 6th Jan 2015

Hi there, I found your reservation and luckily we were able to change your rooms. Because we were nearly full we had no room available straight away, apologies for this. Our hostel-manager has the agreement with our neighbors that there will be no construction before 09:00. I will forward your message to him to make sure it will not happen again. Nice to see you still rate your overall stay as GREAT ! Regards, Jesse - Front Office and Customer Service employee.

This is a very nice hostel, it's almost more like a hotel sometimes. Everyone from families to backpackers stay here. It's very secure, you need a keycard to get in, to get to your dorm area, and to get into you room. The staff was helpful and always courteous and were able to answer all of my questions. The breakfast is a great value as well, the food is nice and well prepared. Everybody mentions the WiFi issue, so I won't get into that. I'd gladly stay here again.

Thank you for such a high mark. Your right; we've got a mixed public, from families to backpackers and everything in between. Great to hear you liked our staff, we do always try to answer all questions from our guests - that's what we do. Our breakfast is great, we love it too. See you again !

I wish there was WiFi in the rooms! I know it is eco-friendly, but still, internet is basic to travelers. Other than that, it is a very nice place.

Thanks for your overall great mark. We do have free Wifi downstairs. Regards, Jesse

My main issue with this place is that drinking alcohol in your room is not permitted. Amsterdam is incredibly expensive and I feel that notbeing able to have a drink and socialise in your room really hits your pocket and reduces the amount of time you want to spend around the hostel. It is also quite far to the city center and trams stop running quite early.

• 3rd Jan 2015

hi there. Yes like most hostels it is not allowed to bring visitors, alcohol or food into the rooms. We do you have our own bar with daily happy hour between 21:30 and 22:30 plus daily drink specials. Also we can inform you about other good places to drink on the cheap. We are located 5 minutes away from Leidse-square = nightlife and restaurants and another 5 minutes from Museum-square. The Red Light District is about a 40 minute walk, or 10 minutes on the tram. Thanks for your comments !

We had a great experience here! It has clean rooms/bathrooms, it's secure and we had the option to rent bikes. The hostel is walking distance from all the important sights, so we only had to catch the tram to and from the station. We were also escorted to the free tour in the City Centre which was nice! I'd definitely stay here again. Thank you! :)

100 % !! Yes thank you so much, great you loved your stay.

The hostel is great! One of the best places I've ever stayed in! It's located in a beautiful place, away from the crowds, but near some important spots in Amsterdam. The staff was very friendly and I was really surprised by the breakfast! If I have the chance to go again to the city, I won't have to think twice before choosing a place to stay!

Great, whenever you come back we will welcome you back. We also love our location, in the center, but next to our beautiful tranquil Vondelpark.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6