Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayokay Vondelpark was amazing. The staff is extremely friendly and even goes the extra mile to help you figure out where to go and what to do. Most guests are relatively young (early 20's) and the bar downstairs makes it easy to meet people passing through. I would 100% stay here again if I were to visit Amsterdam, every dollar is worth the price.

• 31st Jul 2015

It gets the job done for sure. A bit too big and corporate for my tastes, and no real communal feel (though there is a bar and large common area, just not conducive to meeting people). The free breakfast was quite nice, and bike rentals for only 11€ was nice (they also have a secure bikeshed for your bike at night). They provide sheets but no towels. About a 10 minute bike ride to the touristy areas or a 25 minute walk. It is quite close to van gogh and rijksmuseum though which was nice.

The hostel was in a good location walkable distance to the city centre and next to Vondelpark. It had good security and the staff were really nice. The atmosphere was okay and perhaps cause it was raining the rooms didn't feel the cleanest but it wasn't definitely not dirty or anything. A good hostel to stay in but I don't think it's worth the price you have to pay for a room for what you get.

Thoroughly decent. Would book again.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great free breakfast! Good size rooms

A very nice hostel with great free breakfast. Great location really close the park and the museums. It was a bit pricey compared to other hostels I've stayed in but Amsterdam is an expensive place and I still thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

The hostel is clean and have good facilities. We stayed in a room with a bathroom and it was a nice one. The main downside is the atmosphere. There's little to no interaction in the main lobby and bar, the bar is also kinda expensive and closes early (1AM or before). The 24 hrs available drinks and foods are not the best one. At one instance the staff was rude to me.

The hostel felt very safe and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is fairly good as far as included hostel breakfasts go. The main downside were the lodgings; the bed's aren't particularly comfortable, and in our 14 bed dorm we had to share one toilet and two power points - both of which were away from the beds, by the window. Other than that the location was suitably close to entertainment and easy to get to the centre of the city.

Great location and good facilities. Big variety for breakfast which was good. Only downfall was the inconsiderate people in our room.

Good location, nice staff, great and clean rooms, very good breakfast included and great locker system! I would totally recommend this hostel!

There's pictures of a building from the outside which aren't true to the real hostel, also the price for laundry was a bit expensive. Atmosphere was lacking but the staff were friendly. Other than that, breaky was okay and the beds were fine. We weren't planning on spending much time in the hostel anyway.

Had a great time here! I ended up in a 6 bed male dorm, really nice - clean, spacious and nice to have a charger next to my bed even on the top bunk. Lots on offer for breakfast too, great. Great security system in the lobby and i'm glad I remembered to bring my padlock, locker in my room was big enough for my whole rucksack which was nice too. I think it's a great location - not all about being right in the centre - there was Vondelpark opposite which is nice to have a spot to chill in. FAB :D

Good place overall. The Internet in the room was very bad, but besides that it was fine

The internet should work everywhere, but when a lot of people using the Wifi it can be slower than normal. I'm glad you liked the rest and hopefully you had a lot of fun in Amsterdam!

I only stayed here one night but it was clean and had plenty of room. there was ok storage but not the best, shower/bathroom ensuite was great. good place to stay

Great location and helpful staff. Perfect in almost every way - just a very large hostel!

It was super easy to find and the staff were so helpful, especially with tips on getting around and things to see. The room was clean and spacious and even though it was a shared room it was still very restful. Fre wifi was great and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend and go back.

• 20th Jul 2015

I really liked my stay here and would definaty stay again!! I loved the location right in the park, made for quiet nights and large rooms but if you want to be in the hussle and bussle you will need to take a walk or a short tram ride.very clean and felt very safe, plus the breakfast is the best iv had so far! It's still a continental cold breakfast but a very high standard.

This is a wonderfully clean, organized, and efficient hostel with warm and helpful staff. The beds, lockers, and breakfast were all significantly above average. Plus, it's an eco-hostel. Lights in the hallways automatically are switched off if there is no movement. I had an excellent stay here and would choose this hostel again. There is only one thing I would change. They do not rent towels. One needs to buy a towel for EUR 8. StayOK sited "sanitation" as the reason.

Literally felt I had been robbed staying in this hostel cannot begin to describe how much it ruined my experience to Amsterdam. No wifi, small dirty bed, filthy toilets, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, long walks to best areas and the best way to ruin a trip. So gutted about this place even stayed in another hostel with friends to escape it after one night. I have stayed in many hostels you never expect a 5 star hotel but this place is a disgrace. Never again!!!!

The hostel is very big. The rooms were clean and they have a good wifi. Breakfast was very complete. I'd definetely come back if it weren't for the price. 40€ a night is too expensive.

Hey, It's great you had a nice time over here! The prices are different everyday and are much lower outside the high season. However we always try to keep the prices as low as possible compare to other hostels in expensive Amsterdam, sorry this didn't work out for you. Have a look sometimes at the website for prices/availability because it would be great to see you again;) See you soon! Ciao

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7