Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Not enough outlets in the dorms - one should be able to charge technology next to bed.

• 14th Jul 2014

No wifi in the rooms. They also give you the absolute minimum so you have to pay for towels, no soap in the rooms in the bathroom, no outlets near beds etc.

The only problem I had was with the internet, because you can only access it from the lobby (which is always crowded) and its speed is not so good. On the other hand, the check-in was pretty easy, the staff is really helpful, they packed us breakfast for our last day as we would leave early, the hostel was clean and it's also close to the important points of the city without being in a very crowded place. I'd definitely recommend to stay there, especially if you're traveling with other people.

• 6th Jul 2014

Not many complaints but this is more of a cheap hotel than a hostel. If you want good facilities for a reasonable price (by Amsterdam standards - i.e. pretty expensive) then this is a good place but if you want a good hostel environment (meeting other travellers, cosy lounge etc) then this is not the place.

The best hostel I ever been, staff are very good, very clean rooms and very good breakfast, my only issue is that is far from centrum, but as Amsterdam is very small, you can take the tram or just walk, or more dutch way, bike, I'm definitely returning to this hostel in my next visit in Amsterdam :)

+ -very friendly staff. -Fast and easy check-in, - -No water available (only soft drinks) -No double bed in a private twin room -Beds were not made upon arrival (we arrived late and only wanted to sleep, not make our bed) -No towels available, no soap available (never seen in any hostel in Amsterdam). For a single day, we didn't take towels, and were unable to take a shower the next day. -Expensive -Service in room was the poorest ever seen in Amsterdam (stayed in 10 different hostels)

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Luxembourg

Not the most centrally located hostel but being right next to Vondelpark has its perks. Overall a pretty solid hostel.

Sí expensive, but still a great hostel

I persinally found the atmosphere here to be slightly impersonal since it was such a big hostel, but the staff were friendly and helpful and there were very complete and functional facilities.

There is a pickpocket near the hostel.

Very large for-profit hostel. close proximity and good value for price.

• 25th Jun 2014

The location is phenomenal and it's a great spot to navigate towards as home base. Everything was great other than the wifi only being in the common area. The breakfast was a tad bland but the location alone makes it.

• 24th Jun 2014

Loved everything about the hostel - especially the amazing breakfast. Will definitely go back.

Great hostel, no complaints, except that i think there should be individual outlets in the beds. Best breakfast from the hostels i've visited.

Great location! Close to the museums and nightlife scene outside of the red light district, but close enough to the red light if you fancy a short walk. Bar was a good place to me folks. The one down side was the at time large amount of children and lack of plugs. Still, the location near Vondel park is the best attribute.

Security: My lock had trouble fitting on your lockers due to their construction. Location: Stellar. Staff: Bar staff was inattentive and somewhat rude. Atmosphere: No complaints. Cleanliness: Sheet service / packaging was great. Value: Loved the included breakfast. Facilities: The WiFi's limited availability and incredibly slow speed created some frustration and timing issues for me. Including soap in bathroom areas would have been nice.

one word: amazing !!

• 20th Jun 2014

Very nice to hear birds singing outside the window rather than street noise! Great location, good hostel and nice breakfast. WiFi only in the reception area. Few electrical outlets in the room.

In a great location. We had a 2 person twin bunds and bathroom. It was very clean, breakfast was basic but nutritional and good. Lockers available and staff friendly. I was myself female 49 and daughter 22 travelling. I felt very safe.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you and you daughter enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked our location and breakfast. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Fairly standard youth hostel but has everything you need. Good location and good breakfast!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7