Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice place, good facilities, met some fantastic people. Would definitely stay there if I'm in Amsterdam again!

Best breakfast I have ever had at a hostel, hands down. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bed was decent, and the shower was good. Be prepared for being woken up in the middle of the night by loud roommates. But I guess that's Amsterdam for you: party destination for many teenagers.

The only problem was that our hostel knew that there was going to be construction taking place on the other side of the wall to our room and still placed us in that room. We were woken up at 7:30am after hanging out all night and were pissed we had to get up and wait till 2 to get a new room. Besides that the stay was great.

• 6th Jan 2015

This is a very nice hostel, it's almost more like a hotel sometimes. Everyone from families to backpackers stay here. It's very secure, you need a keycard to get in, to get to your dorm area, and to get into you room. The staff was helpful and always courteous and were able to answer all of my questions. The breakfast is a great value as well, the food is nice and well prepared. Everybody mentions the WiFi issue, so I won't get into that. I'd gladly stay here again.

I wish there was WiFi in the rooms! I know it is eco-friendly, but still, internet is basic to travelers. Other than that, it is a very nice place.

My main issue with this place is that drinking alcohol in your room is not permitted. Amsterdam is incredibly expensive and I feel that notbeing able to have a drink and socialise in your room really hits your pocket and reduces the amount of time you want to spend around the hostel. It is also quite far to the city center and trams stop running quite early.

• 3rd Jan 2015

We had a great experience here! It has clean rooms/bathrooms, it's secure and we had the option to rent bikes. The hostel is walking distance from all the important sights, so we only had to catch the tram to and from the station. We were also escorted to the free tour in the City Centre which was nice! I'd definitely stay here again. Thank you! :)

The hostel is great! One of the best places I've ever stayed in! It's located in a beautiful place, away from the crowds, but near some important spots in Amsterdam. The staff was very friendly and I was really surprised by the breakfast! If I have the chance to go again to the city, I won't have to think twice before choosing a place to stay!

Its a huge hostel, socialising might be awkward as there are so many backpackers, the bar is a good area to talk to fellow travellers, a great bar with good simple food selection. Breakfast was top notch, almost hotel-like ,

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Staff were extremely friendly when we arrived on new years day. Our room was made available 2 hours before check in which was much appreciated after having no sleep the night before. Thank-you!

• 1st Jan 2015

Great location too get around town, good value for money, great staff, I would come again and recommend places too friends, I had great New Years!! Thanks guys!!

It was very clean. I liked it

Very good location. Reasonable value for money offer.

• 29th Dec 2014

Wifi is rubbish, towel that I had to buy stunk. Locker couldn't fit baggage. Room looked like a scene from Orange is the new black. No soap in bathroom means nobody is washing hands. I was fooled by the picture, you don't actually stay there. Key card worked intermittently.

Everything is excellent, location, breakfast, staff , rooms but please fix the wi-fi!!

Thanks for this great review, we're happy we made you happy!

Free breakfast was fantastic

We really liked our stay in this hostel, great value for money, convenient location and friendly staff. I will definitely stay there if I ever visit Prague again.

This hostel is a monster! Great staff always there for you, with lots of information. If i could choose , i would stay there again!

Excellent hostel, good location and service. We don't have wifi in bedrooms (just in the common areas), but they are very comfortable.

• 20th Dec 2014

Very helpful staff. Need power points in rooms for charging phones/computers. It's the 21st century

• 18th Dec 2014