Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought this hostel was great. The staff were amazingly helpful and very easy to talk to. It's in a good location. The room and bathroom were clean and the shower was good. I would recommend staying here.

• 31st Aug 2015

Was a nice , busy and clean hostel , still on pricey side but good location !

I didn't give 5/5 on everything is for two reasons. 1.There was always at least 1person sleeping in my room during the day so every time I was in there I had to tip toe around. It was annoying.2. The laundry is expensive.The washers are very small and cost the equivalent of $10 to use each time. I visited, Flying Pigs DT hostel, liked the atmosphere more. That being said, I liked the huge lockers in the room, location near a tram stop, you could walk everywhere, staff was very helpful & nice.

Top location, very clean rooms, staff was friendly, good beds.

Excellent location and friendly helpful staff. We would definitely return and recommend to others.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Cool! You are always welcome! Have a nice day

My first time staying in a hostel and I must say I had the best time, I couldn't of asked for more it was perfect in every way --- stayokay is amaze !! I will be returning x

• 28th Aug 2015

Hi and thanks for leaving a great review! We are honored that your first stay in a hostel was with us, let's hope there will be many more to come! Looking forward to see you again Kind regards

Extremely impressed with our time at stayokay, stayed in a private room for 4 nights and it was lovely, clean and spacious, comfy beds! Great atmosphere and everyone was very friendly and welcoming and there to help with any tours, tickets or directions! Vondel park outside has a great feel to it and the leidsplein area was my favourite in the whole of amsterdam. Will definitely visit again, thank you :)

• 27th Aug 2015

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Great facilities and location.

Incredibly clean! Great location

I had a great stay at StayOK, the breakfast was particularly great and the hostel had everything you could need for hire, bikes, hairdryers etc.

This hostel was very professional, almost too much that it felt like a university dormitory. Still had a decent atmosphere in the common areas and downstairs bar. One big negative was the poor wifi connection in the rooms. I spent more time trying to reconnect than I did actually on wifi.

Really great location! No atmosphere though.

A lot of hidden fees. Towel, lockers (that eat your money), internet (and Wifi is spotty). Typical European hostel though. Really good breakfast. Make sure to go early - by 8:00 the line it really long.

Hi and thanks for your review, Sorry to hear that your see it this way, in our opinion we are very clear about these fees and mention this on all our websites :) We actually try to keep our bed price competitive by giving you the option to bring your own towel and padlock instead of calculating it in the price for the bed. Enjoy the rest of your trip, kind regards!

the blonde at reception is beautiful

• 24th Aug 2015

Just crashed here for one night but was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms, and my 4-bed dorm had its own bathroom that was quite large and really nice. The location is pretty central, close to museums. It was a little warm in the rooms - they don't have much air circulation. The staff was super nice and they offer discounts on tickets and tours for Amsterdam which is a bonus. One big downfall was the line to get breakfast - insanely long and slow.

Clean hostel, next to a great park, near the museum district, and very close to an excellent restaurant and shopping district and gorgeous canals. The staff were friendly and helpful and arranged for a doctor to see me quickly when I became ill. The wifi seemed to work well everywhere in the hostel. I liked that the sink, toilet and shower were all separate in the ensuite rooms.

Too hot. Poorly ventilated rooms. Don't stay here unless it is winter.

• 21st Aug 2015

Suggestion not a complain: Should sort out the long queue for breakfast. Check out time 10:30 am is too early and check in time 2 pm is too strick considering customers doing the bed themselves. I reckon there should be a communication between front officer and cleaner about which beds r clean and whoever check in early go first. And clean the room floor later. Being force to pay for the locker annoy customer.

Thanks for your review and suggestions, as we have 540 beds in the hostel our housekeeping team has a pretty big job to do every day, so in summertime the checkout and check in is very strict. After summer however when we are not fully booked every day we do work with early check in, or late check out on request. Hope to see you again some day!

The only negatives I'd say was it seemed very busy as check in lines were fairly long so the staff were a little cold and rushed from my interactions.

Lovely staff who were happy and helpful. Beautiful location on vondelpark.

Thanks for your review, glad to know you had a good time in Amsterdam!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7