8.7
Fabulous 4,027 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 4,027 Total Reviews
Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Located at Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Zandpad 5, 1054 GA
87% 4027
52.3610431 4.8779940
    Rooms available

26th Apr 2016

Fantastic location and really helpful and kind staff. Rooms were clean and spacious and breakfast was pretty good. My only complaint is the serious lack of plugs in the rooms (or at least in mine). There were only two plugs for a room of 18 people and they were in a wall far from all beds. When you're out and about the city all day as a tourist, having a place to charge phone and cameras is essential. Other than this, brilliant place to stay!

Thanks for your great review and score, we have a personal plug next to every bed in all our smaller dorms, which is about 2/3 of all the hostel. Our goal is that this will be fixed in every in the near future! Many thanks and hope to see you again!

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

The rooms are great and they have a smart layout. I made a reservation in a room for 8 people, but there were actually 6 beds and it was so much better. The location is good. The breakfast is good and for free, but there was always a long queue. There is a restaurant and book exchange in the hostel. I wish there was a kitchen were people could make their own meals. I had to reconnect the wifi around every 2 minutes. You couldn't say you offer free wifi if there is such a frustrating connection.

Thanks for your review, glad to know that you had a great time here, we are working on improving the WiFi, we know this can be a pain! Kind regards and safe travels!

• England, Female, 18-24
24th Apr 2016

I came to Amsterdam with a friend for my 21st birthday and had a blast. The hostel is great, it's very trendy. The beds are comfortable, there's room to store bags. Breakfast was the best thing to get you up in the morning. Clean and good value for money.

• Switzerland, Female, 25-30
24th Apr 2016

I stayed there for only one night, so I can't judge the shower, bar oder other facilities. I arrived very late so, in respect of the others sleeping in the room, I had to put on my bedsheets on in the dark. That wasn't a hard task though. The included breakfast was great. Overall, I'm very happy with my choice.

• Serbia, Male, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016

It was very nice experience staying in this hostel. The best two things are 1) the delicious breakfast and 2) it is near Vondelpark, amazing park not so far from the Centraal Station.

21st Apr 2016

Great location and value for the price. I prefer smaller boutique hostels and this one was enormous. There were no issues with noise or access to showers, but the atmosphere felt more like a school trip than a unique place.

21st Apr 2016

Pretty expensive for a hostel, but wonderfully located right on vondelpark. Friendly staff, beautiful building, awesome buffet breakfast. Finding a socket to charge your phone is an issue though... In this day and age, it shouldn't have to be. Every bed has it's own reading light, so the wiring is there. It wouldn't take a technician more than a couple of days to install USB connectors for every bed...

Thanks for your review and great score! Happy to know that you had a great time here and enjoyed a good breakfast. We have personal sockets next to every bed for the biggest part of our hostel, some of the rooms have not been yet refurbished unfortunately! Kind regards

19th Apr 2016

Loved the location. Walkable to everything. A very large hostel, almost felt like a hotel with dorms. Loved that the sink, toilet, and shower were all separate in the room so multiple people could be getting ready for the day at once. I'd recommend this hostel to others.

• emmarosemagner
  • USA, Couple, 25-30
19th Apr 2016

Loved this hostel! Such an amazing and beautiful building, right beside Vondelpark. Only down side there was a lot of school groups running around or something, but they weren't in our dorm. We met cool people in our dorm who we hung out with! Free breakfast is always a plus and lots of variety for everyone! The staff was friendly and helpful. They also sell discounted tickets for museums so that was convenient. All around a wonderful experience :)

Thanks for your excellent review and score, we are pleased to know that you had a good time with us!

18th Apr 2016

Large hostel. Great location next to Vondelpark. Staff very friendly.