Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I came with a few friends and we were surprised by the excellent quality of the hostel. As students, on student budgets, we figured our choice of hostel would end up being poorer than expected but we were pleasantly surprised! Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark is an amazing hostel with great facilities. And the breakfast was awesome!

• 13th Nov 2014

Hi there, we are happy we have exceeded your expectations!

This hostel was absolutely amazing. Very clean, safe, and the staff was very helpful, despite the language barrier. Breakfast was included in our price and very good! Location was great and beds were comfortable. Bunk beds weren't that hard to climb either! Had a nice toilet and shower in the room. Definitely recommend and will stay there again!

• 12th Nov 2014

Dear guest, thanks for nice comments. And yes all our rooms are ensuite (eg bathroom in the room).

Very friendly and helpful staff, i felt very comfortable there aswell especially in the lobby. It had a relaxed atmosphere and i highly recommend it to any age group and any amount of people.

• 11th Nov 2014

Hello, thank you thank you thank you ! And yes our lobby is a great place to hang around and have something to eat or drink, talk with each other or with our Dutchies behind reception.

The female dorm was nice and spacious. The included breakfast was nice. The showers were hot. Almost to big to meet others. They also have bike rentals.

Hi there. Thanks for the great comments. We do not rent bike out ourselves, but we do work together with Green Budget Bikes, discount voucher available at reception.

No atmosphere and no wifi in the rooms. Beds were uncomfortable and the price was way too high for what this place is worth. Good breakfast though.

Dear guest, thanks you for the compliments about breakfast. We are working of WiFi in the rooms. At the moment there is wifi in the communual area's like our lobby and in the bar upstairs.

Clean hostel with great buffet breakfast. Issues were that wifi was not available in the room, the common area was not a great place to meet other travellers as everyone was only there to use the wifi. This hostel says that it has a kitchen but it doesn't.

Dear guest thanks for the compliment about breakfast. We are improving wifi availebility in the hostel. I've checked our website but can't find where we mention we have a kitchen. If you can tell us where you've read this we will change this. We've got a bar where people can buy snacks and drinks, but no guestkitchen.

Free breakfast is amazing!! The staff are so kind and helpful and knowledgeable. It's also very clean and has great facilities.

Dear guest thank you for the nice comments. And yes we have to agree; our staff can tell you lot's about Amsterdam. Hope to see you again.

Thought it was very expensive, but overall a good hostel

• 31st Oct 2014

Dear guest. Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and extensive facilities. We regret that this was not your impression. You were booked into a 6 bedded dorm , perhaps good to know for next time, we also have 10-20 bedded dorms, which is cheaper.

The wifi is insufficient for a hostel of this size. Also the amount of plugs in the hostel are also very limited.

• 30th Oct 2014

Stayokay was a great place to stay. The man with the beard at the front desk was SO helpful. He literally helped my buddy and me plan out half of our trip (took about 30 minutes). He was so nice and full of wonderful suggestions.

• 30th Oct 2014

Wow, great to hear. We will tell 'the man with the beard' about your positive reaction and hope to see you again!

Great location, super friendly and helpful staff and very secure. It's more geared towards families, so you will see a lot of kids and younger people. The only thing I didn't like was no power plugs by the beds.

Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark was situated in a nice area of Amsterdam AWAY from the red light district. It was close to many shops and restaurants. The room was pretty small. The bathroom is in the room, it is clean - the shower is spacious. The most annoying thing is that there isn't any Wifi in the dorm rooms. They have bicycles for rent for 11E which isn't bad - make sure you have cash for the deposit on the bikes. The breakfast however is 5 star. It is all organic and delicious!! Yum!

Wifi only available in public areas, not available in te rooms which was annoying. Overall, good place.

• 25th Oct 2014

The hostel is great except for the big lines to have breakfast. Wi fi only for common areas.

Wifi was awful in the hostel, it never worked in the main area which made it extremely difficult to catch up with friends, send emails etc. The hostel itself was very large but the common room was not so there was nearly never any place to sit. Also - towels, lockers etc. were higher prices than it claimed when I booked which was definitely a turn off. The beds weren't made when we got there and there were stains on the mattresses which grossed me out.

• 25th Oct 2014

Thanks for your feedback and we're sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectation on some aspects. Lockers and towels are €4,50.- this is no secret, we provide this as an extra service and always inform our guests about needing/bringing one. The matresses are usually clean, if not guest can come to the desk and we'll be happy to provide a new one. We will take all your comments into account and try to work on it. I hope you had a good time in Adam anyways :)

StayOkay Vondelpark hosted many fellow young travellers that were eager to hang out and socialize. This hostel is huuuuge, but in a good way. I recommend the 4 person dorm! Breakfast is unbelievable. Location is fantastic. They sell reduced tickets to the Heinken Experience (a must see) and the cruise tour (another must). But bring your own towels cuz they charge 4.5€ for one :P

This was a ginormous hostel right in a very central location in Amsterdam. They have an AWESOME free breakfast, and tons of discounts on sightseeing and various tours. A small downside of this hostel is that they only have WiFi in the main lounge, not in rooms; only 3 plug-ins in a 6/7 person room; and our washroom continuously smelled like stale pee (room B2.03). Overall, though, I would recommend it!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Happy to hear you liked it overall and that you find our breakfast awesome too! I regret hearing about the washroom, next time: please come by the reception and we'll see what we can do for you. Regarding the wifi, soon it will be available in the rooms as well! We hope to see you back another time in Amsterdam.

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff were super friendly and helpful, the location was great, only a 20 minute walk to the center and just down the road from most of the museums; i hardly used the trams! Many thanks!

StayOkay was a hostel environment I'm not particularly used to and I don't mean this in a positive way. The hostel is MASSIVE and the predominant demographic consists of herds upon herds of pre-teens, children, and their parents. I am a 22-year-old on a trip by myself and it was nearly impossible to meet anyone my age or who shared my experience. I recommend to families and youngsters, not twenty-year-old independent travelers.

Hello there. We regret your stay wasn't the greatest. We do cater to different type of groups, of which the individual traveller is an important one. We have a bar, walking tour and pubcrawl to meet others. We hope you had a enjoyable stay despite above.

Whilst the location is very good this hostel lacks atmosphere big time. It's a massive complex with 500+ beds and thus feels very impersonal and almost sterile. The hostel was frequented by lots of school classes on excursions and big travel groups. This combined with no real communal areas except several sofas in the lobby area made it very hard to meet people for solo travellers. There was no internet in the rooms which I believe in this day and age should be standard.

Hello there. Thanks for the compliments regarding the location. We do also cater to schoolgroups, but always try to keep the balance with individual bookings. September and October this year was quite busy with groups, but also lots of indi-travellers. We have a bar and a walking tour departing the lobby daily @ 10:40 to meet others. We regret we did not live up to your expectation on your stay.