Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought the stay was very relaxing. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful. The rooms were very spacious which was nice compared to other places I stayed. Great value for your money.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

This hostel has a great vibe, not to loud and noisy but plenty to do, its a nice big place, with a cute little bar down stairs, the rooms and beds were fine, although only 2 sockets in a room for 6 was really annoying, that being said, this is the only negative about the place. That and happy hour starting so late.

Hi Cool that you did like the vibe! You can charge eveything at the reception as a solution, this is also more safe;) We like to see you next time! Have a great evening!

The hostel was good, although having only two plugs for 6 people is not very smart. This caused serious problems between the guests because everyone needed to charge their electronics.

Hi there, that's not ideally indeed. We have a part in our monument building where we don't have a personal plug yet. As a solution you can charge all your devices at the reception and pick it up any time you want. Maybe this is useful for the next time;) Cheers

A well run hostel (more like a hotel than the latter). Good facilities, a lovely location on the edge of Vondel Park, a good breakfast. Good bar prices (especially at happy hour!). Lacked atmosphere though. Also the WIFI was down for most of my stay which the staff, despite being aware of this, seemed reluctant to fix the problem.

Hi great that the most things were good and lovely! I hope you still had a good time on the internet with our Wifi and more important liked our great city;) Have a great day!

I spent great times in this hostel! For sure, one of the best that I've been. Don't miss the opportunity to rent a bike and discover Vondelpark and Amsterdam!

• 9th Jun 2015

Really amazing people working there, i had a bad momment in my trip loosing personal stuff in the city, and the guys from there helped me alot untill i found all my stuff.

Hi, It's great to read that the staff was friendly and helpful, this is how it should be;) And we are very glad you have all your stuff! See you next time!

BAD INTERNET.

When a lot of people are using the internet at the same time it can be slower than usual. I hope you had a great stay here and enjoyed our city!

It is a very nice hostel, very well located. Beds were confortable and th entire hostel was very clean. I would completley recommend it.

Stayokay Vondelpark was fantastic. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about any questions I had for them. The place is very clean and quiet. I would definitely say here again if I ever make it back to Amsterdam.

Thanks for your review and rating. It's great to read that you had a wonderful time here! Have a nice day!

Hostel was good, however I was traveling by myself and hoping to meet people but because the hostel is so big there is no opportunity to meet new people so I just had to do things by myself. If your traveling by yourself I would not recommend this hostel!

Hi, I can imagine that it's less fun when you don't meet a lot of people. We have a lot of people staying here and also a bar where you can meet people. I still hope you had a great time in Amsterdam! Thanks for the review and rating!

Great location in Vondelpark area, close to both the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum. Our Room was clean, staff was friendly , they had a bike shed where we could store our bikes for the night. A bit more expensive than hostels in other cities, but then again amsterdam is more expensive in general. Would recommend, free breakfast included!

• 8th Jun 2015

Hey thanks for this information and rating! See you again soon;) Cheers!

Rooms were good and breakfast were excellent. Wifi was however very poor in the room. Bathroom cleanliness leaves a bit to be desired, but the rest was great. Close to the lively Leidseplein. Great stay.

Cool place, not really a place for travelers trying to meet people however. It's good for large groups of people. Very clean and very big overall good experience. It's kind of away from the city center so you'll have to do some walking or biking.

The staff were friendly and helpful, great location, but it's a drab scene for solo backpackers. The place is so large that there is a loss of a sense of community, making the social scene hollow and impersonal. The beds are assigned in the rooms, which was problematic. Instead of taking assigned beds, many travelers took the most comfy beds, leading to logistical problems (I swapped beds 3 times as a consequence of random ppl who kept sleeping in my bed). Not recommended for solo travelers.

Thanks for your review. Sometimes it happens that a fellow traveler is sleeping in the wrong bed. The reception staff can help you with it. Please come to the reception next time so we can fix it for you;) I hope you liked Amsterdam and we would like to see you next time! Have a great day

The only complaint I had was maybe they could increase security throughout the hostel better. A very creepy man was outside my room one morning, started following me down the hall, so I turned back and went in my room. He continued to wait for 15 minutes and then eventually knocked on the door several times and tried to turn the door knob. My boyfriend was luckily in the room and I had to wake him up so he could tell the guy to stay away from me.

• 7th Jun 2015

Hey there! I can imagine that isn't a nice feeling. Please come to the reception next time. We are always open and have a big team over here that will help you also in cases like this! We think safety is very important and we do a lot to be a safe hostel. I hope to see you again! Cheers!

Cheap, nice but the atmosphere is very impersonal. Not recommended for a solo traveller

Hi there! Thanks for your review and rating. I hope you found a good atmosphere in our bar or in the bubbly citycentre of Amsterdam! We hope to see you next time!

It was the best hostel I ever been !

• 7th Jun 2015

Waaauuww this is awesome! Thanks for staying with us and it's great you had a amazing time here, see you soon;)

Stayokay was a wonderful experience! The hostel is huge with much room to spread out! The rooms are tidy with clean sheets and open rooms. The staff was equally helpful, allowing my roommates and I time past closing to finish our laundry. I would highly recommend staying here next time you are in Amsterdam!

Hi we understand that wet clothes are not a option, so this was a small gesture;) Nice to read you had a great time here and you recommend us to others, thanks for that! We look forward to see you again! Ciao!

Clean, secure hostel. With friendly Staff. The included breakfast was worth it. Quite expensive though, but not over the top. Common areas and games room didn't have much atmosphere. Overall an OK stay.

Best hostel stay yet. Met some cool people, great bar, friendly staff, perfect location close enough to walk to everything but not in the middle of the chaos. 10 out of 10.

Hi my man! Thanks for this great review! A 10 out of 10 is amazing and makes us really happy! See you next time! Greetz Ruben