Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really friendly staff, very helpful, clean hostel. More power points in the room would be good.

• 9th Jan 2016

A bit disappointing about the fact that there was no kitchen, not even a microwave! The staff were very nice though :)

Great hostel! Perfect location

The bathroom could have been cleaner. We were out of toilet paper for almost a full day.

• 1st Jan 2016

Hi there! The team of cleaners clean the entire hostel everyday so it should be clean. We are sorry you didn't had toilet paper for almost a day. We've got toiletpaper at the reception just in case the refill isn't on time;) Thanks for you review and we hope you will visit us again! Have a nice day

It's a really nice place to stay but we've ended up paying a supplement of almost €20 per night purely for location rather than quality of the hostel .

• 30th Dec 2015

I stayed here for several days at the end of December. The prices were crazy (but most hostels in major European cities are because of NYE) but understandable. Overall, pleasant stay. The hostel gives off more of a 'for study abroad students' rather than a backpacker hostel. Not too much social interactions in the lounges like the kind you expect from youth hostels. The hostel is in a central location but a tram ride is needed if coming from Amsterdam Centraal. I think I would come back.

It would be great if you come back!You're always welcome! Have a nice day

We had an awesome time in the hostel. Great location - near a lively area of bars and museums next to a beautiful park. The bar serves cheap great beer. And the people were very helpful. I will say that my friends in larger rooms had issues sleeping as it does cater to a younger party-oriented crowd - but what else do you expect in Amsterdam? We were also to get tickets to all the things we wanted right there. Towels are extra, but you do get to keep them.

Everything was great a beautiful place to stay in. It was very cozy.

When I first got to the hostel staff was friendly, pretty good service. I waited an hour to get my room which I'm sure was common because i had arrived before 2pm. As soon as I got into the room, there was another couple sharing a bed right beside me, it was super uncomfortable, they had blankets and towels covering this one bed, heard noises most of the time they were there. When I went to wash my hands after the bathroom, the soap wasn't working, wasn't fixed for the two days I was there.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Hi there, I can imagine it was a bit disturbing in your room. In our hostel it's not allowed to share a bed with someone. That's why we have 1 pers. bunk beds. Please come to the reception next time so we can solve a problem immediatly for you;) We are sorry about the soap we hould have fixed it. I still hope you had a good time in Amsterdam and let us know when you visit us again so we can give you some extra;) Have a great day! Kind regards, Ruben

A very well run hostel. The location is perhaps the best part. I would stay here again.

Hostel was fine, but maybe more family oriented than I was expecting. Also a bit expensive. Thank you

Great location! Staff very helpful really enjoyed the walking tour.

• 19th Dec 2015

Good location and very helpful staff but tiny storage spaces in the rooms!

• 18th Dec 2015

More like a hotel than a hostel. Nice place but it would be good to have a kitchen, or at least be allowed to bring your own food in! It would be pretty hard to meet people there as it had no atmosphere.. A lot of people asleep (or maybe dead?) in the common reception area. Bar was pretty quiet most nights we were there.. Quite a few families staying with kids which was weird but maybe because it's just before Xmas. Breakfast is the best EVER for a hostel (but prepare to queue up for it)

Hi there! I really like your review. Just for your information no guest were dead but just asleep in our nice comfi beds;). It was Xmas holidays in The Netherlands so there were some families too. It's a big compliment we have the best breakfast ever for a hostel, thanks for that. Come back the 27th of April.......It's Kingsday and a hell of a party in our hostel and in Amsterdam! Hope to see you soon! Cheers!!

Stayokay's reputation precedes them and this is my 2nd time in one of their hostels. This one is especially unique because it is quite literally in the middle of Vondelpark. Very clean hostel with good facilities and a very helpful staff. Van Gogh & Heineken are very close by as are several restaurants and bars. One thing that stands out with them is that they offer the best complimentary breakfast of any hostel I have ever stayed in. So good!

Good hostel, great location , very professional Ruben the staff member was amazing

Had a great experience at stay okay! Rooms are very basic but were sufficient for the night. Felt very safe with all the doors requiring your room key, and was also very impressed with the included breakfast! Staff was very friendly.

• 16th Dec 2015

Thanks for a great stay and the delicious breakfasts

• 15th Dec 2015

First of all, kudos for such wonderful staff! To Ruben, Jesse, and the gentleman with glasses manning the reception tuesday evening 15thDec (sorry cant remember name). Great tips and guidance! Place is squeaky clean, modern, well insulated, good breakfast, very good quality and comfy bikes (and well priced). Only thing missing: water-boiler/coffee-making facilities/microwave/fridge for guests. This is still a hostel, not a hotel, nobody wants to eat restaurant/fast-food twice a day for weeks!

Thanks for the kudos our friend! Come back soon and we will go to a cool cheap restaurant, drink beer and party afterwords;) Have a good trip! Greetz Ruben & Jesse

The hostel was located central enough and the room was clean. having to be buzzed in everytime transports a feeling of safety, on the other hand everybody is let in an no one even looks up to see if it is a guest or not. But I felt altogether safe, especially because the room areas are only accessable by key card.