Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location! Next to Leidseplein, square full of restaurants and bars. 5 minutes walk to Museumplein. Really easy to arrive from the airport, 2 options: Train + Tram and also I discovered a bus line too. The hostel have the schedule for the bus. Great breakfast! Clean room and facilities. The only thing I didn't like much was the shower, that is kind of difficult to hang your things and also doesn't have curtains, so the floor get all wet after shower.

The room and bathroom was tiny, which made me feel the whole experience was not value for money. The location: great. The staff: pretty nice. The queue for breakfast: ridiculous. The standard of breakfast: good but not worth the money. I understand it's an expensive city so perhaps that's why the hostel charges so much, but it felt a little extortionate when you get a narrow, thin bed in a cramped room with a small toilet and small shower.

Stay okay in Vondelpark was perfectly located, in a nice area near the park with a short walk to the city centre. The free breakfast was great and there are good facilities. The atmosphere is pretty lacking but there is a bar downstairs. Overall a comfortable clean hostel and a good base to explore Amsterdam.

Don't go anywhere else. That's it. Don't.

Many thanks for your firm and clear review. Come back and visit again!

It's in good location and easy to get to from airport ... Very big so lacked atmosphere.. Stayed in dorm and charging fone is difficult .. Would stay again

The atmosphere sucks. And I woke up with red bites all over. The manager told me they weren't bites (I'm not an idiot) and refused to help me out at all. He was very condescending and rude.

Hi there! I talked with the manager and they helped you and found out it was probably a allergic reaction. To be sure the manager and staff checked to room too. They couldn't find anything strange so there was no reason for measurements. I hope the allergy is gone by now and you are in great shape! Have a great evening!

All the facilities/people were very nice and the bar/restaurant had pretty good food for value. The location right next to the park is perfect for lounging/people watching but it's quite a walk to the red light district (if that's what you're looking for!). There was a definite range in ages/trip types that affected the atmosphere but good overall!

Thanks for your review, much appreciated!

The atmosphere was great and the staff friendly. My only complaint was the bathrooms in the rooms....the shower wasn't my favorite in the sense that the layout got everything wet and I felt I had to wear shower shoes Other than that, no issues

I went to Amsterdam on a spur of the moment trip and I was worried about my accommodation situation. As soon as I got to the hostel that worried dissolved as everyone and everything was more than lovely. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the services provided were excellent. A brilliant location on Vondelpark and just outside the city centre. Thank you for a memorable experience and I hope to come back in the future.

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks very much for your great review, we are happy that we were able to dissolve your problems; that's what a good holiday is all about! We would love to see you back again, kind regards

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at. Location was great and staff were very helpful. Was even better when a bunch of friendly and welcoming girls arrived in my dorm room. Will def recommend to friends.

First time in a hostel and it was a great experience. Building is a little old but a lot of history to it. Good free breakfast in the morning! It's also a great place to meet people, they seem to put people traveling alone into the same rooms. Either that or it was a coincidence. There is a bar on the first floor with a good happy hour. Some of the staff members were a little rude though. Definitely recommend!

It's a honor that we were your first hostel ever. And it's great that you liked it so much! Come back once;) Have a nice evening

Staff was very helpful in planning my trip in Amsterdam. They sell tickets to most of the attractions in the city, as well as day passes for the tram, right at the front desk. I did not get any student discounts at the front desk but found out that some attractions did in fact give discounts to students so I would check first. Also, free breakfast is definitely a plus.

Thanks very much for your review and feedback, we will check out the student discounts, we were not aware that this was available! Kind regards

More of a hotel than hostel but it's in a great location with friendly staff and great facilities. If you want the community vibe that can come from hostels, look for something smaller. If you just need a place to stay while you're in Amsterdam, Stayokay is a very good option.

nice clean hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as seemed to be a lot of older people, large groups and families

Apart from getting my towel stolen (who does that?!?) I had the most amazing time here! Great breakfast (if you wake up on time!) and the bar is awesome, met some great people!

it's inconvenient that the washing facilities can't be used for 24 hours. also, not many charge points in the rooms

Because some rooms don't provide personal plugs we have a special power point behind the reception. You can bring all your devices over there for charging and pick up 24/7. Because of the sound of the machines, the washing room will be closed at 21u unfortunately. This is for our neighbors and guest that are sleeping next to the room. Thanks for your review and great rating! Please visit us again! Have a great evening

Taking the tram in Amsterdam is quite expensive (2,90€ one way), but walking from the main train station to the hostel takes like 40 minutes. A small minus there. The hostel is huge and very nice. It is clean and quiet. Breakfast is good as well, in my opinion only scrambed eggs were missing!

dutch hostels no longer give the hostelling international discount if beds are booked through hostel world - but i have never been able to book through the stayok website using my phone, the dutch discount is small anyway, half the UK one for instance, but it seems like a waste of money to buy a yha membership when i can't get discounts with it

Thanks for your review and comments, we appreciate your feedback. Hope you had a good time in Amsterdam! Kind regards

I thought this hostel was great. The staff were amazingly helpful and very easy to talk to. It's in a good location. The room and bathroom were clean and the shower was good. I would recommend staying here.

Many thanks for your positive words and rating! Hope to see you back again someday!

Was a nice , busy and clean hostel , still on pricey side but good location !