Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Fairly standard youth hostel but has everything you need. Good location and good breakfast!

Breakfast wad the best out of any hostel/hotel I've stayed at in Europe, and it was free! The location is good, much quieter than other parts of town and not a lot of people just looking to get high in Amsterdam. I would definitely stay here again. Staff is a little snarky, but not a big deal.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you liked our breakfast and our atmosphere and location. We are looking forward to welcoming again! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great hostel but people didn't seem to mix much or make friends amongst each other, low on the community aspect!

As a solo traveler I never enjoy staying at YHAs because of all of the school groups and old people (I'm being honest here) but if you're travelling in a group this place is perfect. A great location and very good free breakfast are the biggest pluses for me.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our free breakfast and location. We do indeed have all kinds of people, which makes a stay even more interesting in our opinion. We also have groups from time to time, but we try to keep them together so that they do not cause any inconveniences for other guests. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Was a bit annoying to only have certain small area have wifi.

• 16th Jun 2014

staff was great. 4.50E for a towel seems pricy.

Felt like more of a giant hotel rather than a hostel. However, the staff were all very helpful and knowledgable.

not the best not the worst

The hostel was clean and modern and fulfilled most of our needs. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was amazing. But it was just missing that special something that makes a holiday memorable. And the wifi is terrible.

Location in Vondelpark was key for our experience. We met a lot of different amazing people and had access to various facilities and activities. It was very central to everything we wanted to see and do. The dining and drinking options within the hostel itself was perfect. Overall, the hostel allowed us to experience Amsterdam the way we had hoped.

This place has a great location-great atmosphere- very friendly! We had no troubles at all, slept comfortably and loved our stay! The Park Entrance is so close that we couldn't help but rent some bikes and stay on those exploring the city and enjoying Amstterdam. This is THE PLACE TO STAY. Bike rental is cheap- because you put down money and get most all of it back- JUST KEEP UP WITH YOUR RECEIPT!!!

• 12th Jun 2014

Spotless, great location, fun events in the bar and a great breakfast included every morning! Have already recommended this hostel to others, and will definitely stay again if ever in Amsterdam

I would not opt to sign up for an 18-20 person room again. I had the worst sleep due to people constantly coming in and out all night long. Just normal I guess for a large number of people in one space.

Pretty nice hostel, and it is fun because you meet so many people in the common areas. The bar was nice too. Definitely eat the dinners at the hostel and the breakfasts. Their breakfast was amazing, it actually had meat and eggs for once. The dinners are brought in my a cook, and only cost around 7 euro. The rooms were clean and we had no problems

The hostel is amazing. Front desk people could be more friendly with those who are checking in and are not used to their rules.

I loved staying at StayOK ! Staff were helpfull and our bedroom was clean. We rent bikes for 1 day at the hostel and we really enjoyed it ! Make sure to reserved them the day before, they only had 3 left, we were lucky that day !

• 8th Jun 2014

Excellent. All my friends at other hostels were jealous of my accommodations.

• 6th Jun 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. And it's always nice to hear that other people wished they had booked with us as well! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Everything was great, minus the amount of children. Ther was a woman complaining about something going on between her group of girls and another group of guys and although the staff was not at fault, they handled it very gracefully. Having bikes to rent was a plus and the breakfast was good. Only thing I'd change would be fewer children, or a warning about them.

• 5th Jun 2014

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are glad to hear that you had a good stay with us. We do have some groups staying with us from time to time, but that's more an exeption than a rule. We hope they didn't cause too much troubles. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Generally was fine. But there were some points which I was not quite satisfied. There was no WiFi in the room and I needed to go to the lobby and connected to internet, however, when I reached there, there was near no space for me to sit as there was a lot of teenagers (I don't know why). I could not find any comfortable place for me to relax and access internet, this was quite annoying. Besides, there was only one electricity plug in 6 people dorm. This was inconvenient to everyone.

• 4th Jun 2014

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We only offer wifi in the common areas because we like people to meet and share experiences. We understand that it is inconvient that there were so many people in the lobby. Sometimes we have groups staying with us, which can make it busy in the common areas. We hope they didn't cause you to much trouble. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

It was clean and made for a comfortable stay in Amsterdam. The location was easy to find with the directions sent in the confirmation email and close enough to walk through the city.