Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were with a group of eight family members, aged between 17 and fifty. We all stayed in one room together. The beds and pillows were comfy. The breakfast was free and very good. The location was perfect and we had a great time.

Thanks for this fantastic rating! We are glad that you had a great time here! We love to see you next time. Regards Ruben

Excellent location, close to public transport and main sites. Clean facilities, helpful staff. Room a bit small, but not a big problem.

The hostel was clean and well run. The free breakfast was pretty good. It is located down a long empty street. We arrived at night and it felt a little creepy until we got to the end of the street and saw the well lit hostel. The hostel is very large (over 500 people) and at times it felt like a college student union. There is only wifi in the lobby, so the lobby is often full of college age kids silently typing on their computers. Also, don't forget to bring a towel or it will cost you 4 euros.

What a great review, really clear. I can imagine it was a little creepy at night even though it's a safe place. The Hostel is a bright spot in the darkness;) You are right about the WiFi, sorry for the inconvenience. This spring the WiFi will be available in all the rooms and not only in the lobby and bar. I hope to see you again! Thanks for the tip about the towel, it could be useful for other travelers! Have a great night! Ruben

Up charges for everything. I think this place would be cool if I was 16. Not in general

It's true that we charge a small fee for some services. We try to keep these costs as low as possible. Please have a look in our location 'Stayokay Stadsdoelen' next time. Perhaps this fits more within your needs;) Have a great day! Ruben

Great hostel, cool environment, nice bar, great breakfast, and good, calm location (near the park). Very easy to get there by bus from schiphol airport.

Hi Vanessa! Thanks for the review and great ratings. We are happy you had a great time here! See you next time;) Ruben

Great hostel in a great central location. I was able to walk all over Amsterdam from the Stayokay Vondelpark. Clean room, great facilities. Remember to bring your own towel as they do not rent towels, though they do sell them for 4.5 euros. Staff was very helpful and informative.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Thanks for your awesome review! This is one reason why we love to work here, to make people happy! See you next time, Cheers!

The hostel was ok, clean and in a nice place. But there were few plug for charging phones

Hi Serena, Thanks for your review and awesome rating. It's always possible to charge your devices at the reception. This is also more safe and handy. We hope to see you again soon! Greets Ruben

not enough plugs

No wi-fi in room, and poor wi-fi in reception.

• 17th Feb 2015

Hi thanks for your review! We only have Wifi in the lobby and in the bar, so that could be the reason.I hope you enjoyed your stay and our great city Amsterdam. Cheers! Ruben

Overall a good experience. There are some gripes however. The mattress was too firm and i woke up with a backache. The WIFI signal in our room was extremely bad and I couldn't connect to it.

Hi Chunn. It's correct that there's a poor Wifi signal in the room. But this spring it will chance! We are installing Wifi access in the whole building, so you can be online whenever you want! Please come to the reception next time when your mattress is to firm, so we can help you immediatly. A good night's sleep is one of our main priorities! Cheers Ruben

Hostel suits 18-20 y/o travellers. One or two very friendly staff members; one or two very unfriendly ones. Breakfast good.

Thanks for sharing! We get a lot of good reviews on our employees and we find customer service very important. Therefore I’m sorry to hear that some of our staff were unfriendly. I will discuss this with our staff. I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city! Have a nice evening. Ruben

It's a very large hostel, so it has the atmosphere you'd expect - it doesn't have the family feel of a small hostel. That said, it was a good place to rest my head. Great facilities.

Thanks for your review and we are happy that you had a good place to rest your head. We would like to see you next time. Ruben

A lot better than what we have expected. I just wished that the wifi could be accessed from room.

We're glad that your stay was better than you expected. We hope to see you again! Greets Ruben

I can't help but say that this is not the type of hostel I personally prefer staying it. For me it is pretty boring and more of a place where you want to stay when you are searching for quietness or a family friendly environment.

I was very pleasantly surprised!

Great to hear, we love to surprise our guests in a positive way!

Good hostel, good breakfast :)

Our stay was perfect! The only inconvenient was that the Internet is not available in te rooms.

Dear guest, thanks for great review.and yes we do only have Wifi @ the dowstairs area.

Nice place, good facilities, met some fantastic people. Would definitely stay there if I'm in Amsterdam again!

Thanks for great comments !

The location is good. And the area is quiet. I felt safe and the breakfast was amazing! Stayokay is very big and so it is not easy to meet people. I only met new friends in my room. Other than that it is a great place to spend few days and visit the city!

Dear guest, thanks for your great comments about our location, safety and our breakfast. Good to hear you met some friends in the room. We also have a walking tour leaving daily @ 10:40 to meet some people, or perhaps in our bar or pub-crawl?

Best breakfast I have ever had at a hostel, hands down. The room I stayed in was spacious, the bed was decent, and the shower was good. Be prepared for being woken up in the middle of the night by loud roommates. But I guess that's Amsterdam for you: party destination for many teenagers.

Hi there, great to hear you really enjoyed our breakfast. Also good you liked our rooms and beds. A pity you were woken up in the middle of the night, but it seems you took it the right way. We do however ask everybody to be considerate in the rooms,especially after 22:00 in the evening. So feel free to say something about it, or inform the reception. Hope to see you again !