Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I thought it was too expensive and they charged too much for every add on, towels and computer use. The answer (which I heard them give others also) was 'It's Amsterdam and it's summer". I don't think that justifies almost twice as much as charged for the same type of accommodation at the Stayokay in Rotterdam at the same time. The breakfast was excellent.

Very good stay. Thought the place was great. The bar was good, the food was good, the rooms were nice and the staff were excellent.

• 14th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and breakfast was incredible. I wasn't too thrilled with the lack of soap in the toilet because I was on my period but I had no other issues

Hi there! Thanks for this amazing review. A message with a lot of happiness in it, that's always good! You can always ask the reception for anything you need, also for soap if you didn't bring your own;) We look forward to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

It is a good hostel and the location is awesome. A calm place to stay. I was traveling alone and I stayed in a 6 bed female room, which is a good option in this case. The only problem is that the room is not very clean. It has a strange smell, like when its not really cleaned. And the bathroom too. The WiFi worked in my room but not that fast, you can use for the basics without problem. I recommend the hostel.

Good location, big hostel

Clean and secure? Undoubtedly. A fun atmosphere for travellers? Not at all. If I had have known that the hostel I chose to book would be overridden with 14 year olds on school excursions and 40 year old men on sad middle-aged stag do's, I would certainly not have made a reservation. To the hostels credit, it had the experience in the name. My stay was okay.

Hi there! Maybe a other time there are more people of your age, we can't control this unfortunately;). I'm glad you liked the cleanlibess and security, we think that's really important. I hope you loved our city Amsterdam and had a lot of fun;). Have a great day and we hope to see you again. Ciao

Great place - worth the money. More power points in the room would be great but overall a great stay! I would stay again gladly!

• 8th Jul 2015

Loved this place! I loved being right on the park and found my self there a lot of the timing just chilling out. The staff were so friendly and helped me with everything. My dorm was clean, comfortable, plenty of light and had windows. There was also great wifi in my room, which was awesome. Breakfast was great, lots of options. I would definitely stay with them again and recommend it to everyone.

thanks for leaving such a lovely review, you're welcome to come back and visit anytime! regards

Excellent location. This hostel has many amenities including the games room, bar, breakfast included and bike rental shop. Bathrooms were relatively clean and their and the rooms seemed fairly secure. As a single however, I didn't feel this was the greatest place to meet new people to socialize many of the others here came in large groups and others were fairly unsociable.

Hello, Thanks for your review and rating. I'm glad you liked the location and facilities! Unfortunate there were more groups than single travelers during your stay. Normally you can meet a lot of new people in our bar or at the Leidseplein;) Thanks for the review and I hope you liked our city! Have a great night! Cheers!

Wifi is very slow in the night, no soap next to the water tap is a big NO. It was very hot in the room at night. Bad ventilation.

Hello. I can imagine that no soap is a big no, that's why we provide soap at our reception, maybe you missed this. During your stay it was very abnormal warm weather in The Netherlands. Normally it's not warmer than 28 degrees, sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately we can not control the weather. Thanks for your great rating and review. I hope you enjoyed Amsterdam and we like to see you again! Have a great night!

It was a good hostel with okay facilities and location. However, I found that it was too big to make friends and have a nice atmosphere. The common rooms were not used to their Potential.

Great you liked the hostel! We have a bar and also some pubcrawls or other social things to do. I hope you did one of these social things to know more people. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you had a great time in our amazing city. See you next time! Regards

No air conditioning and the windows dont open AT ALL it was literally a sweat box and there were old weird men sleeping in their underwear. Also too many school children

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hi there! Sorry about the heat. The windows can be opened, only not wide open because of safety reasons. The heat was just bad luck, because we had a heatwave in The Netherlands. Normally it's never warmer than 28 degrees. This is also the reason why we don't have AC, because we don't need it much. At the reception you could ask for a fan. We hope to see you another time, maybe in the spring when it's much cooler;) Thanks for the review and we hope you still enjoyed our amazing city! Regards.

Staff were friendly and helpful. There was a LOT of preteens staying - made the atmosphere really weird since they were so young. Bar was good for a quick drink. The line for breakfast for awfullll, there should be a buffet style not cafeteria line since 50 people waiting in line isn't practical when all you want is an apple. Also, why don't the windows open...they're massive and let no breeze in...It was so sweaty and humid.

best hostel ive stayed in Amsterdam

Hey! Thanks for the great compliment and you're always welcome at our hostel;) Have a great day!

Well run and secure hostel with excellent breakfast. I was disappointed in the rooms. I stayed in a 14-person dorm and the windows were barred closed so they wouldn't open. There were no fans or any means to cool down the room. Everyone was dripping with sweat literally all night long. It was almost impossible to sleep. They need to figure out a way to maintain a liveable temperature because it was torture and enough to deter me and many others from staying there again, at least in the summer

• 29th Jun 2015

Hi there, The week you were here we had a heatwave in The Netherlands. We have a airsystem in the hostel that refresh the hostel, but we don't have a AC because it's never warmer than 28 degrees in The Netherlands so we don't need it much. The windows should go open and we have fans to borrow at the reception. Sorry about the heat and hopefully we will see you another time when it's cooler in Amsterdam;) Thanks for the review and rating! Have a great day.

the staff and location are great!! i paid about $48, and i think its a bit too much for a room with a bunk bed and tfive othsr people, one of them snored all night ( not anyones fault). There is no towels, no soap in the room. i was pleasantly surprised that at least toilet paper was provided. I only stayed one night because i had a layover, i probably wouldnt be able to afford to stat more then that, because of the price

• 29th Jun 2015

Hello, You are right. Amsterdam can be a expensive city. We always try to keep our prices as low as possible, sorry it didn't work out for you. We would loved to have you one night longer of course;). You can buy towel and soap at the reception or just bring your own. The sheets and breakfast are included and when you need more toiletpaper it's also free;) I'm glad you had a great time here and liked the staff! We look forward to see you again! Thanks for the review and have a nice day!

a big hostel, rooms are clean & comfortable far from train station but not far from city center no kitchen in the hostel, and no free luggage storage, but you can rent a locker there

Good place, location in my opinion is very nice since I like that area of Amsterdam so much more than the area near the Central Station and the Red Light District. The hostel is very clean, quiet and staff is friendly. If you are looking to party and drink more, then you better book something near the red light district, there are several party hostels around.

It's definitely a very good option to stay in Amsterdam. The staff was very kind. Breakfast was over the top!

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Spain

A lovely place to stay. Its in a great area right next to vondelpark, everything you need very close by. Staff were friendly, free breakfast was great,get there early for it, you know what hostel magpies are like! the hostel does bike rental too. rooms were clean same with the bathroom. i would happily return here