Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Didn't have a kitchen where you could cook evening meals like other hostels. However they did have free breakfast which makes up for that! The showers were awful, turned from scolding hot to freezing cold. I Because it was such a large hostel, it didn't feel as homely, no activities that promoted socialising with other people in the hostel. In the 20 bed room, there were around 4 plug sockets. However great location, right next to the park, which has an amazingly chilled atmosphere.

Thanks for all the information and feedback so we can improve the hostel;). Have a great day and we would like to see you again! Have a great day

As the name of the hostel suggests, your stay will be just okay. Our room was tiny and the price was way too high. The hostel was in a very crowded touristy area, which, while close to the center, is less pleasant when you want to see actual Amsterdam. Also has more of the feel of a hotel given the large lobby and families prancing around. If you want a stay that's better than okay, check out a more off the beaten path hostel.

The prices in Amsterdam are during the high season pretty high unfortunately. Normally the area around the Vondelpark is pretty quit compare to other parts in Amsterdam. Maybe there was something going on in the park? I hope you enjoyed our beautiful city of Amsterdam. Have a great evening!

Stayokay Vondelpark was amazing. The staff is extremely friendly and even goes the extra mile to help you figure out where to go and what to do. Most guests are relatively young (early 20's) and the bar downstairs makes it easy to meet people passing through. I would 100% stay here again if I were to visit Amsterdam, every dollar is worth the price.

• 31st Jul 2015

Wow! Thanks for your super kind review, we are very happy to hear that your stay was really awesome! Looking forward to see you during your next stay!

unfortunately I didn't get to stay at this hostel and cancelled with less than required notice. I accepted the charge as I was in the wrong however I was overcharged and had to follow it up. I didn't find the customer service particularly helpful especially when they requested an absurd amount of personal information in order to refund. I must thank them for the particularly useful gesture of free drinks in the bar (I live on a different continent). check the amount they charge on check in.

Well I'm glad the staff fixed the problem and you had free drinks during waiting;). Have a great day!

Generally was a great stay. Location & facilities were great. Staffs were very helpful. Common area & bedroom were spacious and clean. En suite bathroom was plus point. Breakfast was great. Booked for just a night but the other hostel I've booked was not at my liking, Hence stay here for another 2 nights. Thanks for blocking the room while I went to cancel my other hostel. But, the power point is too little, not at every bed. Should improve on this part.

It gets the job done for sure. A bit too big and corporate for my tastes, and no real communal feel (though there is a bar and large common area, just not conducive to meeting people). The free breakfast was quite nice, and bike rentals for only 11€ was nice (they also have a secure bikeshed for your bike at night). They provide sheets but no towels. About a 10 minute bike ride to the touristy areas or a 25 minute walk. It is quite close to van gogh and rijksmuseum though which was nice.

Thanks for your great review, nice that you enjoyed our bike rental, biking is really a must when in Amsterdam! Hope to see you again, regards!

The room was pretty small but adequate. My mattress was extremely thin.. I could feel the metal bars of the bed frame through it. The room did have a decent ensuite bathroom setup. The bathroom in my 8 bed room had a mirrored sink area, toilet (separated from sink area with locking door), and 2 showers (separated from sink area by locking doors). Breakfast is good and included. Laundry facilities are available (I believe it cost me $7 for both wash and dry).

Solid stay. It's basically like a hotel, but cheaper and with tons of people around. It's the least social hostel I've stayed in, but it's not antisocial, just not encouraging in any particular way. Everything was clean and proper. Location is good for all but Red Light District. Breakfast was awesome. Also this place is excessively secure to the point that friends not staying at the hostel can't come in to the common area.

• 28th Jul 2015

Thanks for your review and giving us this feedback, we are indeed very strict with letting other people in the hostel that are not staying here as a guests, luckily there are a lot of public places 5 minutes walk from here where you can meet up. Glad to know you still had a proper stay in Amsterdam!

The hostel was in a good location walkable distance to the city centre and next to Vondelpark. It had good security and the staff were really nice. The atmosphere was okay and perhaps cause it was raining the rooms didn't feel the cleanest but it wasn't definitely not dirty or anything. A good hostel to stay in but I don't think it's worth the price you have to pay for a room for what you get.

Thoroughly decent. Would book again.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great free breakfast! Good size rooms

A very nice hostel with great free breakfast. Great location really close the park and the museums. It was a bit pricey compared to other hostels I've stayed in but Amsterdam is an expensive place and I still thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

The hostel is clean and have good facilities. We stayed in a room with a bathroom and it was a nice one. The main downside is the atmosphere. There's little to no interaction in the main lobby and bar, the bar is also kinda expensive and closes early (1AM or before). The 24 hrs available drinks and foods are not the best one. At one instance the staff was rude to me.

Thanks for your review, glad to know you had a great stay! Friendliness of our staff is really important in our hostel, not sure what happened exactly, but we will discuss it with our team. Kind regards

The hostel felt very safe and clean, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is fairly good as far as included hostel breakfasts go. The main downside were the lodgings; the bed's aren't particularly comfortable, and in our 14 bed dorm we had to share one toilet and two power points - both of which were away from the beds, by the window. Other than that the location was suitably close to entertainment and easy to get to the centre of the city.

Great location and good facilities. Big variety for breakfast which was good. Only downfall was the inconsiderate people in our room.

Good location, nice staff, great and clean rooms, very good breakfast included and great locker system! I would totally recommend this hostel!

There's pictures of a building from the outside which aren't true to the real hostel, also the price for laundry was a bit expensive. Atmosphere was lacking but the staff were friendly. Other than that, breaky was okay and the beds were fine. We weren't planning on spending much time in the hostel anyway.

Thanks for your review, glad to know you had a great stay with us. The pictures of the hostel with the super flashy lights were taken during a special event, too bad we can not light them all year round!

We really liked this place a lot. Even though it's just outside the main city area it's definitely still walking distance since Amsterdam is pretty small. Loved that the park is right outside the front door. Kept extremely well with staff cleaning your in-room toilet/shower daily and lockers in the room for your valuables. Only thing was it's not really a great place to meet other travelers, but it does have a bar which helps ;)

Had a great time here! I ended up in a 6 bed male dorm, really nice - clean, spacious and nice to have a charger next to my bed even on the top bunk. Lots on offer for breakfast too, great. Great security system in the lobby and i'm glad I remembered to bring my padlock, locker in my room was big enough for my whole rucksack which was nice too. I think it's a great location - not all about being right in the centre - there was Vondelpark opposite which is nice to have a spot to chill in. FAB :D

Hey thanks so much for your review! Glad to know you enjoyed the beautiful Vondelpark. See you back soon!

Good place overall. The Internet in the room was very bad, but besides that it was fine

The internet should work everywhere, but when a lot of people using the Wifi it can be slower than normal. I'm glad you liked the rest and hopefully you had a lot of fun in Amsterdam!