Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

My main issue with this place is that drinking alcohol in your room is not permitted. Amsterdam is incredibly expensive and I feel that notbeing able to have a drink and socialise in your room really hits your pocket and reduces the amount of time you want to spend around the hostel. It is also quite far to the city center and trams stop running quite early.

• 3rd Jan 2015

hi there. Yes like most hostels it is not allowed to bring visitors, alcohol or food into the rooms. We do you have our own bar with daily happy hour between 21:30 and 22:30 plus daily drink specials. Also we can inform you about other good places to drink on the cheap. We are located 5 minutes away from Leidse-square = nightlife and restaurants and another 5 minutes from Museum-square. The Red Light District is about a 40 minute walk, or 10 minutes on the tram. Thanks for your comments !

We had a great experience here! It has clean rooms/bathrooms, it's secure and we had the option to rent bikes. The hostel is walking distance from all the important sights, so we only had to catch the tram to and from the station. We were also escorted to the free tour in the City Centre which was nice! I'd definitely stay here again. Thank you! :)

100 % !! Yes thank you so much, great you loved your stay.

The hostel is great! One of the best places I've ever stayed in! It's located in a beautiful place, away from the crowds, but near some important spots in Amsterdam. The staff was very friendly and I was really surprised by the breakfast! If I have the chance to go again to the city, I won't have to think twice before choosing a place to stay!

Great, whenever you come back we will welcome you back. We also love our location, in the center, but next to our beautiful tranquil Vondelpark.

Its a huge hostel, socialising might be awkward as there are so many backpackers, the bar is a good area to talk to fellow travellers, a great bar with good simple food selection. Breakfast was top notch, almost hotel-like ,

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Singapore

hi there, great to hear you met some new people in our bar. It's a good place to meet new friends. Thanks for great comments.

Staff were extremely friendly when we arrived on new years day. Our room was made available 2 hours before check in which was much appreciated after having no sleep the night before. Thank-you!

• 1st Jan 2015

hi there. Great you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to be super-friendly, year-round, also on the first on the new year ;-) You're more than welcome, happy new year !!

Great location too get around town, good value for money, great staff, I would come again and recommend places too friends, I had great New Years!! Thanks guys!!

It was very clean. I liked it

Very good location. Reasonable value for money offer.

• 29th Dec 2014

Wifi is rubbish, towel that I had to buy stunk. Locker couldn't fit baggage. Room looked like a scene from Orange is the new black. No soap in bathroom means nobody is washing hands. I was fooled by the picture, you don't actually stay there. Key card worked intermittently.

Everything is excellent, location, breakfast, staff , rooms but please fix the wi-fi!!

Thanks for this great review, we're happy we made you happy!

Free breakfast was fantastic

We really liked our stay in this hostel, great value for money, convenient location and friendly staff. I will definitely stay there if I ever visit Prague again.

This hostel is a monster! Great staff always there for you, with lots of information. If i could choose , i would stay there again!

Excellent hostel, good location and service. We don't have wifi in bedrooms (just in the common areas), but they are very comfortable.

Very helpful staff. Need power points in rooms for charging phones/computers. It's the 21st century

• 18th Dec 2014

If you want any sort of creature comforts then do not stay here. Besides its good location to the centre of town, my family and I were very disappointed with the lack of value for money. There was no tv in the room, free wifi was only available in the common area (which kept dropping out) and the private ensuite we booked and forked out extra for had no shower curtain, so the bathroom would get flooded. I have stayed in FAR nicer hostels in my days then this one!

Very friendly, helpful staff and a generally good location within walking distance of the city centre (also great for Museumplein!). If you're a fan of wandering (we certainly were) it's a great idea to make your way there by foot; that way, you can get a real feel for the city. A couple of things which really let Stayokay down: very poor wifi connectivity above first floor, hostel is lacking in character, and VERY FEW power outlets :( BUT breakfast is free, so not all bad. May stay again.

• 17th Dec 2014

Hi there! We appreciate you give us feedback, thanks. You're right about the wifi connection, for now it's only available in the common areas (so not on the first floor or up). However, we're fixing that and at the end of the year we should have wifi in all the rooms as well. Also, we're doing renovations so we might get more character in your opinion soon. Hope you'll be back to check it out!

Not really special - staffs were really helpful though

is nice and fun

Breakfast was good, beds were clean.staff was good but you can not use wi-fi in the rooms, and there is just one power socket in the rooms near the toilet.

• 10th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Thanks for your review! We're working on the wifi in the rooms, it should be available at the beginning of next year. Hope you'll come back to enjoy our hostel.