Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It was super easy to find and the staff were so helpful, especially with tips on getting around and things to see. The room was clean and spacious and even though it was a shared room it was still very restful. Fre wifi was great and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend and go back.

• 20th Jul 2015

Thanks for these kind words, glad to know your stay with us was excellent!!! Much appreciated. You're welcome to come back anytime!

Good hostel to stay in. Very big and accommodates for big groups of all ages so not so great for the lone traveller to meet people. Staff are extremely helpful and the bar is so cheap during happy hour. Decent location !

Thanks for your kind review, good to know you enjoyed the happy hour: happy days! Regards and hope to see you back again

Great, clean hostel in a great location

I really liked my stay here and would definaty stay again!! I loved the location right in the park, made for quiet nights and large rooms but if you want to be in the hussle and bussle you will need to take a walk or a short tram ride.very clean and felt very safe, plus the breakfast is the best iv had so far! It's still a continental cold breakfast but a very high standard.

Hi and thanks for your review! Great to know you enjoyed the breakfast :) Hope to see you again next time, kind regards

This is a wonderfully clean, organized, and efficient hostel with warm and helpful staff. The beds, lockers, and breakfast were all significantly above average. Plus, it's an eco-hostel. Lights in the hallways automatically are switched off if there is no movement. I had an excellent stay here and would choose this hostel again. There is only one thing I would change. They do not rent towels. One needs to buy a towel for EUR 8. StayOK sited "sanitation" as the reason.

Hi and thanks for your great review, just one small thing that maybe needs to be clarified: the towels are €4.50 instead of € 8! Hope to see you back again, regards

Literally felt I had been robbed staying in this hostel cannot begin to describe how much it ruined my experience to Amsterdam. No wifi, small dirty bed, filthy toilets, unfriendly and unhelpful staff, long walks to best areas and the best way to ruin a trip. So gutted about this place even stayed in another hostel with friends to escape it after one night. I have stayed in many hostels you never expect a 5 star hotel but this place is a disgrace. Never again!!!!

Thanks for your review, what a shame you did not come to the reception during you stay. We are sorry to read that you feel like the has ruined your stay! WIFI and toilets are easy to fix for us, so next time please don't hesitate to contact us when there is any trouble! Hope that you had a great time in Amsterdam after you joined your friends, kind regards

The hostel is very big. The rooms were clean and they have a good wifi. Breakfast was very complete. I'd definetely come back if it weren't for the price. 40€ a night is too expensive.

Hey, It's great you had a nice time over here! The prices are different everyday and are much lower outside the high season. However we always try to keep the prices as low as possible compare to other hostels in expensive Amsterdam, sorry this didn't work out for you. Have a look sometimes at the website for prices/availability because it would be great to see you again;) See you soon! Ciao

The most perfect hostel ever I've stayed!

Hoooray, thanks for your great review! Kind regards

I thought it was too expensive and they charged too much for every add on, towels and computer use. The answer (which I heard them give others also) was 'It's Amsterdam and it's summer". I don't think that justifies almost twice as much as charged for the same type of accommodation at the Stayokay in Rotterdam at the same time. The breakfast was excellent.

Very good stay. Thought the place was great. The bar was good, the food was good, the rooms were nice and the staff were excellent.

The staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and breakfast was incredible. I wasn't too thrilled with the lack of soap in the toilet because I was on my period but I had no other issues

Hi there! Thanks for this amazing review. A message with a lot of happiness in it, that's always good! You can always ask the reception for anything you need, also for soap if you didn't bring your own;) We look forward to see you again! Have a great day, cheers!

It is a good hostel and the location is awesome. A calm place to stay. I was traveling alone and I stayed in a 6 bed female room, which is a good option in this case. The only problem is that the room is not very clean. It has a strange smell, like when its not really cleaned. And the bathroom too. The WiFi worked in my room but not that fast, you can use for the basics without problem. I recommend the hostel.

Thanks for your great review, we will let our housekeeping staff know; the dorms should be clean and smell clean as well! hope to see you again some other day! 1

Good location, big hostel

Clean and secure? Undoubtedly. A fun atmosphere for travellers? Not at all. If I had have known that the hostel I chose to book would be overridden with 14 year olds on school excursions and 40 year old men on sad middle-aged stag do's, I would certainly not have made a reservation. To the hostels credit, it had the experience in the name. My stay was okay.

Hi there! Maybe a other time there are more people of your age, we can't control this unfortunately;). I'm glad you liked the cleanlibess and security, we think that's really important. I hope you loved our city Amsterdam and had a lot of fun;). Have a great day and we hope to see you again. Ciao

Great place - worth the money. More power points in the room would be great but overall a great stay! I would stay again gladly!

• 8th Jul 2015

Loved this place! I loved being right on the park and found my self there a lot of the timing just chilling out. The staff were so friendly and helped me with everything. My dorm was clean, comfortable, plenty of light and had windows. There was also great wifi in my room, which was awesome. Breakfast was great, lots of options. I would definitely stay with them again and recommend it to everyone.

thanks for leaving such a lovely review, you're welcome to come back and visit anytime! regards

Pros: Although 30min walk to city center it is really close to museums and Vondelpark, amazing free breakfast, rooms were clean, walking tour pickup, bar in hostel with good happy hour Cons: Wifi doesn't work in rooms which is not up to par with other hostels in Europe- they need to fix this, a bit expensive, school trips sometimes come here so outside area can get a bit loud Takeaways: You get what you pay for- great quality but have to pay for it, great amenities, minor issues only

Excellent location. This hostel has many amenities including the games room, bar, breakfast included and bike rental shop. Bathrooms were relatively clean and their and the rooms seemed fairly secure. As a single however, I didn't feel this was the greatest place to meet new people to socialize many of the others here came in large groups and others were fairly unsociable.

Hello, Thanks for your review and rating. I'm glad you liked the location and facilities! Unfortunate there were more groups than single travelers during your stay. Normally you can meet a lot of new people in our bar or at the Leidseplein;) Thanks for the review and I hope you liked our city! Have a great night! Cheers!

Wifi is very slow in the night, no soap next to the water tap is a big NO. It was very hot in the room at night. Bad ventilation.

Hello. I can imagine that no soap is a big no, that's why we provide soap at our reception, maybe you missed this. During your stay it was very abnormal warm weather in The Netherlands. Normally it's not warmer than 28 degrees, sorry for the inconvenience but unfortunately we can not control the weather. Thanks for your great rating and review. I hope you enjoyed Amsterdam and we like to see you again! Have a great night!

It was a good hostel with okay facilities and location. However, I found that it was too big to make friends and have a nice atmosphere. The common rooms were not used to their Potential.

Great you liked the hostel! We have a bar and also some pubcrawls or other social things to do. I hope you did one of these social things to know more people. Thanks for staying with us and I hope you had a great time in our amazing city. See you next time! Regards