Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was a little too big to feel "welcoming". The hostel bar was nice with good drink and food deals, but the downside is that closes at midnight. Great and extensive breakfast every morning (if you get there before the rush at around 9:30am) and great staff that kept the place very clean. Awesome location that was close enough to Leidsplein to enjoy the nightlife, but far enough away to not be disturbed by the noise through the night. Overall a 8/10 hostel experience. Would stay again.

Thanks for your review, good to knwo you enjoyed the bar and breakfast, we hope to see you back again!

Large hostel with more of a hotel feel. Doesn't have much of an atmosphere but rooms are comfortable. Free breakfast is better than most, and Vondelpark location is nice. Close to Museum Square although more of a walk from most of the bars and coffee shops. If you're looking to party and meet people, stay at the Flying Pig.

Great and friendly staff; good breakfast; big, clean, and spacious room (6-bed dorm). There weren't a lot of outlets in the room though (two from what I could find, and a third near the sink), nor were there a lot in any of the common areas, which was a problem, as I saw a lot of people looking for free outlets. Location was far enough from Central station that you kind of had to take the tram, in my opinion. Luggage storage was not free, though. Big hostel, so not great for meeting people.

Thanks for your great review, we know about the shortage of power outlets; luckily this is not the case in all of the rooms. We also charge at the reception and in the bar for you.

Consistent, clean, the best of locations. This place functions more like a hotel than a cozy hostel but that is also where it's strengths lay because it can easily handle large groups. Depends on what you want but if you are in the city to do the touristic thing with a group of 5-6 this is not a bad choice to get your sleeping done!

The only hostel where I have to make my own bed!...why? Can't they afford to pay cleaning staff?, guests are second priority to cleaning staff to use the lift to get your bags to the second floor, made me feel un welcome, but bar was good, restaurant meal was excellent, and hospitality staff were warm and friendly.

Great location but he accommodations are very basic. The staff was not particularly knowledgeable and wasn't able to provide good suggestions for local restrants. I liked the breakfast that was included but the hostel felt like a basic, chain hostel.

Good location (able to walk to most places and close to Rijksmuseum). Breakfast was acceptable for hostel standard and there seemed to be a nice vibe in general. Only problem is that our room was on the small side and had one tiny mirror in the shower room. Also, no where in the shower room to hang stuff like towels and clothes and had to just leave on the floor which wasn't too bad but the shower wasn't moveable and got the floor soaked. Other than shower issues, had an enjoyable stay.

I had wonderful stay! Very helpful and nice staff, great, quiet location... The staff was able to place my friend and I in the same room even though she had a separate reservation! I did not know that breakfast was included , so that was a great surprise and it was awesome! The room was nice, and the shower had great water pressure! Definitely will recommend this place!

Thanks for your great review, nice to know you had a good time with us! Free breakfast is always a nice surprise, glad to know you enjoyed it!

Nice atmosphere and nice staff. There are people from all different ages, it is great. The bar from the hostel is the best thing.

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Spain

Great hostel. The breakfast is huge, you can buy food and drinks for pretty cheap, especially during happy hours.

An absolute delight to stay here. I cannot recommend Stayokay enough. This hostel is virtually peerless and I've stayed in a good number of hostels throughout Europe, great location and really fantastic facilities. The full free breakfast is an unbeatable value and a great way to start a day of touring. Stop looking. Book here.

• 9th Nov 2015

Wow, thanks for your excellent review and score!!! Glad to know you had a good time here with us! Stop by again sometime!

When I visit Amsterdam again I will for sure be staying at this hostel again. Wonderful breakfast with clean rooms, very accomodating bathrooms and the friendliest staff. It was also a great atmosphere to meet new people and make new friends. I can't say enough nice things about this place. Loved It!!!

Thanks so much for your lovely review! We're happy that you're happy :) See you next time!

great Hostel for a cheap price. Nice service, excelllent breakfest and nice rooms too.

• 8th Nov 2015

Fantastic experience, great location only slightly away from the main touristy area, but close enough to walk everyone you want to go during your stay. Love having the park right next to the hostel, great for a morning jog and walking to all the museums which is very close.

Very comfortable and great location. Staff was helpful and friendly and the room and ensuite bathroom were clean! would stay again!

The hostel was good but I felt like when your travelling alone there isn't any chance to meet new people, this hostel is more like a hotel. The bed linen was clean and the rooms are good but have a musty smell to them and that could be because it's an old building, also I never saw the cleaners once and it smelt like it felt like the showers hadn't been cleaned.

Hi there. I'm sorry you felt this way. We clean the entire hostel everyday included every room and bathroom. We try to clean the rooms when there is nobody inside, so the cleaners can clean the room as good as possible without disturbing the guest;) Please come to the reception next time so we can help you when something is wrong, so we can fix it immediatly;). Besides this I still hope you had a good time and liked Amsterdam! Have a nice day

I really enjoyed my stay here, the staff were great, really helpful and friendly! The room was great, so clean and spacious. The location is great too, in such a beautiful part of the city.

Had a lovely family room overlooking the park, the beds were extremely comfortable, we all had the best nights sleep. The reception staff were fabulous, very friendly & helpful. Breakfast was super too, such a good variety of foods available. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay & will definitely use Stayokay again. Thank you for being wonderful :-)

• 29th Oct 2015

We are very happy to read this, great to know that you and your family had a good time here with us, thanks so much for your lovely review!

This hostels amenities were unbelievable! The rooms were new, clean, and fully stocked with lockers, a shower and a washroom. Breakfast was delicious and had many options. The atmosphere was okay, if I had not befriended my roommates I probably would've been alone. The staff are mediocre, met some nice ones but most are rude and make you seem like you're pestering them. Location is good, close to the park and quiet! Would definitely recommend

Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a review, great that you will recommend! we are sorry to hear that you sometimes felt like some of the members of staff were not so welcoming towards you; although it can be really busy sometimes at the desk this is really an important aspect for us. Kind regards

This was a great hostel. It had a great location as the tram/bus lines were only a 3-5 minute walk. The breakfasts were amazing. Best I've ever had in a hostel. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. The rooms were quite spacious with a bathroom attached (I was in a 12 bed mixed dorm with 2 showers and a toilet). The only downsides were the lack of plug-ins (seems to be a general theme at hostels) and the wi-fi was terrible. I wouldstil recommend this hostel to anyone!

Thanks for your great review, we are happy that you would recommend us despite of the lack of plug-ins :)