Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location was great, and the hostel sooooo nice! The staff was always really helpful and spoke perfect English. The only downside is that there wasn't a kitchen there, but the amazing breakfast made up for it :)

There should be WIFI available at the rooms. Having to pay for locking the luggage is unfortunate.

I hope you can expand the wi-fi to the entire building including rooms, at least for some minor charge if not for free. Trip planning is a major part of any trip and most comfortable in the own room. And please remove those horrible rubber sheets from the beds! Leave them for the British lads if necessary and save others from them.

• 18th May 2014
  • Finland

Thank you for your review and ratings. We offer free wifi in the bar, lobby and other common areas. We choose to offer it there because we want people to meet fellow travelers and share stories and experiences. Of course you can also plan your trip while enjoying a beer for example. We haven't had many complains about the mattresses. We decided to use these because there are both comfy and hygienic. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

This place is very nice :)

The bike rental prices were great. The location superb (how often do you get the chance to stay IN vondel park?). And the staff were really helpful when we had to cancel one bed in our reservation. Would definitely recommend the Stayokay.

Thanks for your great review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we really appreciate all the kind words! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

I loved this place! Every one was great! It was clean and comfortable. Great location next to the park, really nice and helpful staff. Bathrooms and showers in the rooms. Breakfast was good. The only issue I had was there was a ton of young school kids who checked in and made getting breakfast a bit hectic but it wasn't too bad. I would definitely stay here again!

This is a great hostel - the best one we've stayed in. It's really cheap in a great location. Very clean and has a great buffet breakfast and wifi.

• 12th May 2014

Close to public transport and easy to be ecess

• Malaysia

An excellent hostel. Essentially the atmosphere and design of a hotel with the bedding arrangements of a hostel. Beside a great location I would definitely reccomend

• 10th May 2014

You should say there's a bus that takes you from the airport to the hostel !!! I took the train to central station and then went to the hotel (as recommended by you), it took more than an hour! When it was actually really close.

• Peru

Really good :)

• 9th May 2014

Thanks! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place, clean and friendly.

• 8th May 2014

Thank you for rating us. We are glad to hear that you had a good time staying with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Well, no offence but I could not help but felt very very very disappointed! (btw, all my travel mates 4 including me have had the same feelings) as I was expecting a good stay here... initially! To summarise: - charge us for luggage storage (no others did in 5 other countries) - Room layout just very very bad - Shower room, even worst - Toilet room, no basin for hand washing - No cloth or anything to wipe/clean our foot after shower - Not to mention very long queue for breakfast

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had high expectations of our hostel. We are sorry that we couldn't live up to them. We haven't had much complains about our room layout. Most people are very pleased with the ensuite shower and bathroom. There's also a hand basin with mirror and outlet in the room next to the bathroom. We chose this set up, as that makes it easier for people to use the sink and mirror.We do hope you enjoyed Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Overall good hostel. Pretty clean and the breakfast is pretty good. It's located in a great location, close to a lot of museums and steps away from the Vondelpark.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast and location! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great location,excellent and very helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere,really a value for money deal.

It's a great please to stay at. It is clean, very close to downtown and people were nice to me.

i stayed in both stayokay zeeburg and here during my trip but i would definiately recommend here! perfect location whichi is just 5 min ride a streetcar to Dam square or Central sta., and staffat the reception was very friendly ans helpful. Security is no problem, you can only access to lobby and the floor you are staying. just I saw someone who just got pickpocketted at the bsr, so be carefull woth your belongings!

actually the location is quite good cause it's just next to the park. And we can walk by some good spots from central station to the hostel. but the washroom is not well designed. the hand basin is located outside the washroom, if we use it, it will just create noisy to other mates who shared in the room.

The hostel was one of the best so far. nice clean and all the possible facilites you can ever imagine. Well located and breakfast inclused were the highlights. If i go to Amsterdam I will definitely go back to this place.

The only thing that I didnt like about my stay was the bed was too hard to sleep on and secondly, there internet access was very poor.

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry that you didn't like the bed you were sleeping on. We do not get these complaints very often, so I'm sure we could have arranged a different bed for you. We are aware of the fact that the wifi can be a bit slow sometimes, we are working on this. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark