Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I stayed at. The only two minor issues: - no free luggage storage: Either 0,20E/hour or 2E/24 hours - basically no vegan options for breakfast -> www.ohsheglows.com/2012/01/03/top-15-vegan-breakfast-recipes-of-2011/

Thank you so much for your great review and ratings! We are happy hear you had a great time here. About the lockers, unfortunately we have to charge people to use them because we don't own them. And thank you for your breakfast suggestion, we will definitely take a look at it! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

I had to go through 6 doors to enter my dorm-room, how is that? Fair enough I guess. Staff? You have to go there to find out yourself because I gave them zero star. Wifi? Lobby's area only. Locker?give them double 2 euros coins. Ah Computer? Only if you give them coins again. If you want to have great times in Amsterdam, dont stay here, except you dont have any choice. Like me.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you about your experience with our staff. We select them carefully on knowledge about the city and their hospitality. Wifi is only offered in the common area to encourage people to meet fellow travelers and to share experiences. The lockers are paid due to the fact that we don't own them unfortunately. The price is 20cts per hour of 2 euro's for 24h. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Perfect and kind service, very nice hostel in general, me and my crew were really happy to stay there. Thank You

• 9th Nov 2013
  • Poland

Thank you for your amazing review and ratings. We are really happy to hear you loved your stay here! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

This hostel was fine, but definitely overpriced. The door on our en-suite shower didn't work properly and at one point one of the guests in my room (8-person) was locked in. I didn't think the location warranted such high prices. I also found the staff to be very unfriendly and not very helpful.

• 8th Nov 2013

We had a great stay at the Stayokay Vondelpark! We had a nice room, everything you needed, very clean, great breakfast, we are absolutely positive about this hostel and would recommend it to everybody!

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Thank you so much for your amazing review and high ratings! We are really happy to hear that you liked our hostel so much! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

If you want to get any sleep then don't stay here. Constant noise in the corridors - slamming doors, people banging on doors, shouting. There are lots of groups, which makes the problem worse and they must spend all night swapping rooms. The actual hostel is one of the nicest I've stayed in and in a great location, but unless more is done about the noise problem, don't bother.

• 7th Nov 2013

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry to hear you were disturbed by the groups staying at the hostel during your stay. Usually the night guards make extra rounds to make sure that everyone is quiet in the hallways and the rooms. We will definitely look into this as we want our guests to enjoy every aspect of their stay here! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Good location near Leidseplein, and a short walk to the main museums, Heineken and Anne Franks Huis. Basic room but clean, and table and chairs provided. Locker safes for your suitcases can be used before and after check in which was very handy. Bar and food were okay and the hostel provide a lot of facilities. Breakfast was standard but was fine. Staff were helpful and overall a good stay. Ideal if you want a short break away and do not want to spend a load of money on a hotel.

Lovely hostel in a great location - not close to the train station, but easy tram ride and near the museums. Not a lot of atmosphere but it was November. There were families/older people, but makes a lovely change to the party hostels like Flying Pig. Spent two nights here, one in FP and another final night here to be well rested for my early flight. Room to myself on the last night! Perfect. Comfy beds and really helpful staff who assisted well when my friend lost her passport. Recommended.

Great place. Absolutely recomended.

perfect hostel. A little bit expensive at the date I spent there. but it worth a visit. Good location near to Vondelpark and easy access by tram

The hostel is very clean. The breakfast served is great (organic bread, fresh fruit, yoghurt,...). But there is no kitchen and you are not allowed to bring any food into the hostel. During the breakfast, you are not allowed to use the lift, so then it is quite difficult to check-out from the fourth floor with your heavy luggage.

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you liked our breakfast. We don't have a kitchen because of the strickt Dutch HACCP rules. For that reason we have a bar and restaurant where you can get good priced drinks and food! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very good staff and atmosphere. The rooms are really nice. The only problem is there's wi-fi only in the lobby, but it's not a major problem.

Good location, en-suite private rooms were a good size. Hostel was clean throughout with downstairs bar, games room and excellent free breakfast in the morning. However wi-fi was poor, no connection in the room. Overall would definitely recommend.

incredible: no public phone to use calling card, charge for using internet, not even small soap in room. Staff is polite but not helpful at all.

dont stay here if youre looking for a party hostel. definitely a hotel not a hostel. theres several different buildings where you stay, no wifi in rooms. the staff is not very helpful and theres no communal/family vibe. hard to meet people. has a good breakfast, its next to a park and everythings clean, but definitely not the place to stay if youre traveling alone and looking to meet people and have fun. family friendly, usually kids running around and groups of families on vacation together...

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay to the fullest. We are indeed a big hostel, and the reason we don't have wifi in the rooms is to encourage people to go to the lobby or bar to meet. Hence our slogan explore, share and enjoy. We want travelers to share their stories and experiences. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

1 2 3 4 Next » last »