Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The fact that wifi doesn't work properly is the only thing I would point as a service that could be better.

hostel is used by tour groups and class trips so I encountered a lot of first time travelers. not great for meeting chill people. decent location and setup though. i had a nice stay

First, if you're a HI/YHA member, book directly through them. This is a HI property and you won't get a discount if you book here. Hostel was clean, secure, and staff were courteous. Location is tucked away by a park-- maybe not safest to walk to alone at night. There is nowhere to buy water if thirsty. They try to sell you a €15 water bottle instead. Though I believe is reducing waste, that's a ridiculous price, and I'm trying to reduce the weight I carry, so that wasn't a good solution.

Stay Ok VondelPark is at a great location. But the roons were not very clean. I stayed in an old building, so I did not have a plug by my bed to recharge my phone during the night. Other than that, they offer a freat breakfast in the morning. Easy to rent bikes.

good location, easy to find. i was lucky enough to find my friend of the trip at the bottom bunk right when i checked in. i paid through 3 nights and asked the morning after i checked in (giving them enough time in advance) if i could check out a day early and get my money back. they weren't lenient. so i guess you need to know exactly how much time you want to spend because they arent flexible (you're only able to change your mind before you check in) also they offer pubs crawls! 17euros

This is a very large hostel and the common room is not a place to meet people. There were many school groups staying here and it was annoying when I went to get my breakfast to be stuck behind a line of 100 kids. As well, there was no kitchen to cook your own food. The wifi was ok and the rooms and bathrooms were always clean and quiet.

Great location! Next to Leidseplein, square full of restaurants and bars. 5 minutes walk to Museumplein. Really easy to arrive from the airport, 2 options: Train + Tram and also I discovered a bus line too. The hostel have the schedule for the bus. Great breakfast! Clean room and facilities. The only thing I didn't like much was the shower, that is kind of difficult to hang your things and also doesn't have curtains, so the floor get all wet after shower.

The room and bathroom was tiny, which made me feel the whole experience was not value for money. The location: great. The staff: pretty nice. The queue for breakfast: ridiculous. The standard of breakfast: good but not worth the money. I understand it's an expensive city so perhaps that's why the hostel charges so much, but it felt a little extortionate when you get a narrow, thin bed in a cramped room with a small toilet and small shower.

Stay okay in Vondelpark was perfectly located, in a nice area near the park with a short walk to the city centre. The free breakfast was great and there are good facilities. The atmosphere is pretty lacking but there is a bar downstairs. Overall a comfortable clean hostel and a good base to explore Amsterdam.

Don't go anywhere else. That's it. Don't.

Many thanks for your firm and clear review. Come back and visit again!

It's in good location and easy to get to from airport ... Very big so lacked atmosphere.. Stayed in dorm and charging fone is difficult .. Would stay again

The atmosphere sucks. And I woke up with red bites all over. The manager told me they weren't bites (I'm not an idiot) and refused to help me out at all. He was very condescending and rude.

Hi there! I talked with the manager and they helped you and found out it was probably a allergic reaction. To be sure the manager and staff checked to room too. They couldn't find anything strange so there was no reason for measurements. I hope the allergy is gone by now and you are in great shape! Have a great evening!

All the facilities/people were very nice and the bar/restaurant had pretty good food for value. The location right next to the park is perfect for lounging/people watching but it's quite a walk to the red light district (if that's what you're looking for!). There was a definite range in ages/trip types that affected the atmosphere but good overall!

Thanks for your review, much appreciated!

The atmosphere was great and the staff friendly. My only complaint was the bathrooms in the rooms....the shower wasn't my favorite in the sense that the layout got everything wet and I felt I had to wear shower shoes Other than that, no issues

I went to Amsterdam on a spur of the moment trip and I was worried about my accommodation situation. As soon as I got to the hostel that worried dissolved as everyone and everything was more than lovely. The staff were very helpful and friendly and the services provided were excellent. A brilliant location on Vondelpark and just outside the city centre. Thank you for a memorable experience and I hope to come back in the future.

• 7th Sep 2015

Thanks very much for your great review, we are happy that we were able to dissolve your problems; that's what a good holiday is all about! We would love to see you back again, kind regards

This was the first hostel I've ever stayed at. Location was great and staff were very helpful. Was even better when a bunch of friendly and welcoming girls arrived in my dorm room. Will def recommend to friends.

First time in a hostel and it was a great experience. Building is a little old but a lot of history to it. Good free breakfast in the morning! It's also a great place to meet people, they seem to put people traveling alone into the same rooms. Either that or it was a coincidence. There is a bar on the first floor with a good happy hour. Some of the staff members were a little rude though. Definitely recommend!

It's a honor that we were your first hostel ever. And it's great that you liked it so much! Come back once;) Have a nice evening

Staff was very helpful in planning my trip in Amsterdam. They sell tickets to most of the attractions in the city, as well as day passes for the tram, right at the front desk. I did not get any student discounts at the front desk but found out that some attractions did in fact give discounts to students so I would check first. Also, free breakfast is definitely a plus.

Thanks very much for your review and feedback, we will check out the student discounts, we were not aware that this was available! Kind regards

More of a hotel than hostel but it's in a great location with friendly staff and great facilities. If you want the community vibe that can come from hostels, look for something smaller. If you just need a place to stay while you're in Amsterdam, Stayokay is a very good option.

nice clean hostel. Wouldn't recommend for solo travellers as seemed to be a lot of older people, large groups and families