Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I loved this place! Every one was great! It was clean and comfortable. Great location next to the park, really nice and helpful staff. Bathrooms and showers in the rooms. Breakfast was good. The only issue I had was there was a ton of young school kids who checked in and made getting breakfast a bit hectic but it wasn't too bad. I would definitely stay here again!

This is a great hostel - the best one we've stayed in. It's really cheap in a great location. Very clean and has a great buffet breakfast and wifi.

• 12th May 2014

Close to public transport and easy to be ecess

• Malaysia

An excellent hostel. Essentially the atmosphere and design of a hotel with the bedding arrangements of a hostel. Beside a great location I would definitely reccomend

• 10th May 2014

You should say there's a bus that takes you from the airport to the hostel !!! I took the train to central station and then went to the hotel (as recommended by you), it took more than an hour! When it was actually really close.

• Peru

Really good :)

• 9th May 2014

Thanks! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Very nice place, clean and friendly.

• 8th May 2014

Thank you for rating us. We are glad to hear that you had a good time staying with us. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Well, no offence but I could not help but felt very very very disappointed! (btw, all my travel mates 4 including me have had the same feelings) as I was expecting a good stay here... initially! To summarise: - charge us for luggage storage (no others did in 5 other countries) - Room layout just very very bad - Shower room, even worst - Toilet room, no basin for hand washing - No cloth or anything to wipe/clean our foot after shower - Not to mention very long queue for breakfast

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are happy to hear that you had high expectations of our hostel. We are sorry that we couldn't live up to them. We haven't had much complains about our room layout. Most people are very pleased with the ensuite shower and bathroom. There's also a hand basin with mirror and outlet in the room next to the bathroom. We chose this set up, as that makes it easier for people to use the sink and mirror.We do hope you enjoyed Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Overall good hostel. Pretty clean and the breakfast is pretty good. It's located in a great location, close to a lot of museums and steps away from the Vondelpark.

Thanks for your review and ratings. We are very happy to hear that you liked our breakfast and location! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Great location,excellent and very helpful staff. Brilliant atmosphere,really a value for money deal.

It's a great please to stay at. It is clean, very close to downtown and people were nice to me.

i stayed in both stayokay zeeburg and here during my trip but i would definiately recommend here! perfect location whichi is just 5 min ride a streetcar to Dam square or Central sta., and staffat the reception was very friendly ans helpful. Security is no problem, you can only access to lobby and the floor you are staying. just I saw someone who just got pickpocketted at the bsr, so be carefull woth your belongings!

actually the location is quite good cause it's just next to the park. And we can walk by some good spots from central station to the hostel. but the washroom is not well designed. the hand basin is located outside the washroom, if we use it, it will just create noisy to other mates who shared in the room.

The hostel was one of the best so far. nice clean and all the possible facilites you can ever imagine. Well located and breakfast inclused were the highlights. If i go to Amsterdam I will definitely go back to this place.

The only thing that I didnt like about my stay was the bed was too hard to sleep on and secondly, there internet access was very poor.

• 3rd May 2014
  • India

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are sorry that you didn't like the bed you were sleeping on. We do not get these complaints very often, so I'm sure we could have arranged a different bed for you. We are aware of the fact that the wifi can be a bit slow sometimes, we are working on this. We hope you had a good time in Amsterdam. Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Close to perfection except for the fact that Amsterdam as a whole is expensive and the hostel rate is still stiff for a backpacker.

My girlfriend and I have nothing to complain about Stayokay. Everything was better than we could imagine of a hostel, it's more of a hotel. From the check-in to the check-out, it fulfilled all our needs: friendly staff, great system for lockers, very good bedrooms with private toilets, delicious breakfast included and walking distance to city centre (around 30min). We would stay there again, no doubt!

• 2nd May 2014

Great location, super clean and the best breakfast of any hostel we've styled at.

Great location, easy to find, good atmospere. I really like this place, it's near the Vondelpark, very beautiful place, great for relax.

• 1st May 2014
  • Poland

If you don't mind walking distance to the centre of around 20 min., we highly recommend it since it is located inside the amazing Vondelpark. Hostel is very clean and the rooms are OK. You have to pay additionally for the padlocks for your baggage. All in all, it is a recommendable hostel.