Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stayokay was a wonderful experience! The hostel is huge with much room to spread out! The rooms are tidy with clean sheets and open rooms. The staff was equally helpful, allowing my roommates and I time past closing to finish our laundry. I would highly recommend staying here next time you are in Amsterdam!

Hi we understand that wet clothes are not a option, so this was a small gesture;) Nice to read you had a great time here and you recommend us to others, thanks for that! We look forward to see you again! Ciao!

Clean, secure hostel. With friendly Staff. The included breakfast was worth it. Quite expensive though, but not over the top. Common areas and games room didn't have much atmosphere. Overall an OK stay.

Best hostel stay yet. Met some cool people, great bar, friendly staff, perfect location close enough to walk to everything but not in the middle of the chaos. 10 out of 10.

Hi my man! Thanks for this great review! A 10 out of 10 is amazing and makes us really happy! See you next time! Greetz Ruben

great place to stay! really secure, includes includes a good breakfast with your stay. cheap bike rentals right from the hostel! fyi : no hand soap or towels in the room

Almost everything is included but a towel and soap you have to bring yourself;) You can also buy a towel and soap for a fair price that you can keep your whole life! See you next time;) Thanks!

Could be a bit closer to the main area but not a huge knock as its close to Vondelpark. Security is great. Staff were didn't go out of their way but we're still courteous and made it a nice stay. Was clean, and I liked that wifi worked in the room. Showers in the room was good. Easy to meet people.

I didn't like the fact that we weren't able to use the kitchen because as a backpacker, i'm not able to eat out every single day twice a day! The bathrooms were okay, and the staff was nice but i think the beds need a serious make over. Overall I give it a 7 out of 10

Hi there, we don't have a kitchen for guests, sorry for this. We only have a proffesional kitchen were our chef makes dinner and other delicious food. I hope you found some nice and cheap food in our bar or in the citycentre. Thanks for the review and rating. I hope we are worth a 10 you next time you visit us;) Have a great travel!

This place is huge, it's more like a hotel than a hostel except that you share a room. It is very difficult to socialise especially if you are a lone traveller, it might be OK if you are in a big group. Also, I didn't feel very secure in here, the passports are not scanned or checked, I was given a piece of paper and was asked to fill in my details by myself and it was not checked by a member of staff. The staff were nice but a bit too cop, not my like of a hostel but more like a budget hotel.

• 30th May 2015

Hi there, thanks for this feedback. We think safety is very important. We do a lot of things to have a safe hostel and keep it safe. We comply with all safety requirements imposed by the government, so you don't have to worry. We also have a bar where you can meet people and socialize;) Come back soon! Cheers!

Great location, great staff, just lacked a little atmosphere. Over all a good hostel.

• 30th May 2015

Thanks and I hope to see you next time! Have a good one, cheers!

StayOkay was wonderful! The staff was very helpful, and the location was great for everything you'd want to do around town. We visited the Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank house, canal tours, etc. and mostly with discounts/ partnerships with the hostel. There's a great happy hour downstairs, and plenty of space. My favorite feature was the easy-to-use lockers downstairs. We were able to leave our bags safely behind and explore Amsterdam one last time before our flight. Great bars all around. Yay!

• 29th May 2015

You make me happy because you had a awesome time here. Thanks for the information and rating! See you next time!

I had a nice time, the place was clean, comfortable room, breakfast was nice, location is great,the staffs were very helpful. I had no negative experience.

It's good to read that you had a great stay! We see you next time, have a great day!

Stayed on a weekend and noticed the prices were highly elevated, making this the most expensive hostel I've stayed in... For the price, I wasn't wowed, but I still had a positive experience. Biggest perks were the extensive breakfast buffet included (best I've had, but then given the price I expected it to be amazing!) and location - near two main museums (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh) as well as the I am Amsterdam sign, and not too far from the centre by walking. Dinner also available, not too pricey.

Hi thanks for this feedback and information. Amsterdam is a expensive city. The prices are high everywere unfortunately, but we always try to keep it as low as possible. I hope you enjoyed the surrounding, musea, bars and of course the Vondelpark. We hope we will see you next time;) Have a great day!

More of a hotel vibe then hostel

Very organized, clean and pleasant hostel with very helpful staff and one of the most complete breakfasts I've come across. Excellent Wi-Fi and beds, no noise problems. Biggest downside is that common areas are not usually conducive to meeting people, but it has a decent-sized bar that can get some good atmosphere going with a bit of effort. I'd definitely stay here again, but might look elsewhere if I wanted to party hard.

• 26th May 2015

Was impressed with the hostels prominence in central station - clearly signposted, Its an easy walk but the trams were also easy to use. Check in was quick and easy with secure locker facilities as we arrived early. Our room was in C block and while we didn't get much wifi we weren't that bothered. Was really quie and clean, fresh beddingwhen we got there and imressed by the fact the toilet and shower room were actually in the room! Breakfast was great - save some for lunch!

• 26th May 2015

Thanks for all this information! I'm happy you had a great stay here and enjoyed our breakfast! We like to see you again! Have a great day

I was originally in a 4 person female dorm but on a top bunk and moved to a mixed 6 bed dorm for a bottom bunk which was fine. I just wish there had still been individual outlets for each bed in the larger dorm. 6 people trying to use 1 outlet was difficult. Otherwise great stay.

Hi there! We always try to make it comfortable for everybody. I'm glad we could change your bed to a bottom bunk;). In some rooms there are no personal plugs, but we have a powerpoint behind the reception as a solution for all your devices;) Thanks for this great review! Cheers!

This is one of those hostels that's more like a hotel. You probably won't meet people here, but the location and facilities are good. Staff seem to be knowledgeable but aren't as personal as one would like. A huge plus though is that it's right next to Vondelpark so if you're looking to chill for the day it's prime location.

Hi there, the Vondelpark is a great location to chill or having a BBQ. It's good to read we have good facilities here and you liked the location. We look forward to meet you again!

It is a very nice place, the check-in and check-out are really simple, that's great!

Thanks for your review and rating! I'm glad you had a great time and everything was easy and simple. Greetz

The wifi only worked in the common areas, so you couldn't use it in your rooms. Also, the hostel is frequented by a lot of school groups, so it often felt like we were surrounded by children. But overall it was a nice hostel in a pretty decent location. They just need to fix the wifi.

Hi, You're right about the WiFi, sorry for the inconvenience. The internetcompany is building a extra cable so we have enough internetspeed for everybody. At the moment we have in 80% of the building Wifi. When you visit us next time you will be online for 100%;) Have a great day and we appreciate your review and rating, Thanks!

Great hostel, though there are lots of families so not the best bet for someone looking for a party. Free breakfast is awesome and way above average. Staff are super friendly.

Hi, thanks for your review and information. Luckely the party area at the Leidseplein is 3 min away from the Hostel. You probably found this already;) See you next time, have a great day!

Good place a little pricey but not bad the only thing I didn't like was that it was so big that it didn't really force you to meet people.