Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Me and my two friends stayed in a 8 bed dorm which was very spacious. Only down side no wifi in room and reception area far away. Location is perfect. 5 min walk to restaurants and vodelpark right next door. Would stay again.

Great Hostel in a great location. Breakfast was pretty average and for the price (which wasn't cheap) the €4.50 towels should be included.

This was a good location since you can just take the tram or walk to everything...including Anne Frank's house and the redlight district. The restroom is in the room and you get a good size locker. The staff was friendly as well and they have more variety in their breakfasts, plus they have a bar where you can get to meet other world travelers. I would stay here again :)

• 27th Aug 2014

It's okay. I'm not a fan of big hostels I find them to be too impersonal but that's really my problem. There's nothing wrong with the hostel and the bar serves decent, good value food.

My stay would have been just fine if I liked staying in an enormous hostel and was more of a partier. Some of my roommates came in from the bar and took showers at 2am, when I had to be awake at 4am to go to the airport. Too big and too easy to get lost in the crowd. Otherwise, it was very clean and vibrant, and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

Okay hostel, not for young solo travelers though. Many were families and groups, and wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

If you are traveling to meet people, this might not be the best place to do it. The hostel is very big, which makes it feel almost like a hotel. I prefer smaller hostels. The location is good for seeing the city with an easy walk or tram ride.

I thought that the facilities were excellent, however the price of staying at the hostel was too expensive. Not having free WIFI throughout the building as well as charging for computer usage and towels were things with which I was very disappointed. The staff at the reception were civil, but not in my opinion very friendly. I did however think that the staff at the bar did a GREAT job, especially Gus.

• 21st Aug 2014

This is an overly large and impersonal hostel, okay if you just want a place to crash but little else. No hostel feeling, no kitchen and the only seating area is populated by wifi addicts. Seems to be a younger partying crowd that frequent it - partly that's Amsterdam - but especially for solo travelers I'd recommend somewhere else as staying here didn't contribute anything to my time in the city.

The value for money is that there isn't, we stayed 5 nights in a double bed ensuite, paid 411€. No wifi in our room, common room only & slow. Bunk beds in our room, & shower didn't have any barrier so the floor in the whole bathroom got soaked. No towels, would have to pay 4,95. Laundry facilities 7,50 for washer and then dryer, not total. Purchased groceries and told not allowed in room common only. Security too high, needed a key to get through every corridor. 7.50€ chef special was great

Great location near Vondelpark, the hostel is very clean and fairly quiet so getting a good night's sleep isn't that much of a challenge. The complimentary breakfast is fantastic for a hostel! A nice continental selection is available.

• 20th Aug 2014

You guys are great!

Overall a nice hostel in a great location within Amsterdam near vondelpark. ì guess it is just challenging having SO many beds and guests through, it felt a little too busy That being said I was staying in peak time. For 40euro/night I was expecting a little more, like having internet access in my room so I wouldn't have to walk 100m to a jam packed lounge area. Key area for improvement: internet access to all hostel rooms.

I stayed at the hostel with four friends, and we really enjoyed our time here. The atmosphere was great and the staff were very helpful and friendly (:

• 18th Aug 2014

WI-FI only in reception, breakfast was good.

The staff were very accommodating!

No internet in the room. Cleanliness and breakfast very good. Location is excellent.

Not having outlets in the bedrooms was very frustrating.

Wouldn't go back. Save your money. No wifi in the rooms, they charge to store your luggage, etc

Classic pay for everything hostel. Towels, using the computers, even the luggage storage. Big downstairs area but not ideal for a solo traveler. A pretty big ripoff for a dorm, but that could just be Amsterdam in peak season. Either way it's not worth the money. I wouldn't stay there again, it feels almost corporate