Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark Reviews

Zandpad 5, 1054 GA, Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel is clean enough and has a friendly atmosphere and a helpful staff. If you mean to either party or chill out, it's the place to go. I felt there was a lack of outlets in the bedroom though. The area of the city is nice, about thirty minutes walking to the city centre. Slightly expensive. But, overall, I recommend it.

Thanks so much for your review, glad to know you enjoyed your stay!

Very squeaky/noisy floorboards Not enough power points Above average breakfast (hams, cheeses, breads, cereals, fruit, boiled egg) Having to put on your own bed linen means potential disruption from late-comers

Hey Thanks for the great rating. We are fixing the power plugs at the moment, so the next time you will have a power plug probably:) Have a great day. Ciao!

Clean, staff were very helpful and the location is great. Also cheap bar which was nice. Only complaint would be that there wasn't enough sockets in my room (old-styled building to the right of the reception) so I had to charge my phone in the bathroom or reception. The wifi worked fine in the building I was in but didn't work at all in the building behind the reception. Atmosphere was okay but I felt like there was a lot of kids (15-17) and quite a few older people too.

Hello. We've got a big variety of people here. Everyday is different but in the bar you can meet a lot of people to hang out with. At the moment 80% of our rooms have personal sockets, so we are almost there, sorry for the inconvenience. At the reception we've got a power station where you can charge your devices 24/7. I hope you had a great time in our amazing city;) Cheers!

It's not in the heart of the city but that's really not a problem with a tram stop so close by! Stone's throw from the major museums and right in front of Vondelpark. Staff is very helpful and friendly, breakfast is substantial (meats and cheeses on top of the usual cereal and toast/jam), the facilities are very clean, and the bed is comfortable. Great place, would totally stay again!!

Hi! What a awesome review, thanks for all the information and compliments! We look forward to see you again! Cheers!

Instructions on how to get to the hotel were extremely helpful. Good experience.

• 19th Apr 2015

We like to see again. We're glad everything was clear and you had a good experience! Ciao

I loved having a shower and bathroom in the shared room in building B. Definitely a plus. Highly recommended for small groups or individuals that don't need single rooms.

• 19th Apr 2015
  • Poland

Thanks for your great review, good to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! Regards!

I was badly surprised by this hostel. I think it is too expensive for what it offers. Although they said said the room was available at 14h, it took more than an hour to be able to get in (which of course they told me only after I asked the reception why my key card was not working). The staff was indiferent, at best. My 6-bed room was tiny, and there were only two plugs. Amsterdam is small, so it's close to the centre, but not the best location overall. I would not stay there again.

thanks for your review, the rooms are ready to enter at 14:00, however on busy days it can happen sometimes that the cleaners are running late. Sorry to hear that our staff did not give you sufficient notice when you arrived, this is not the normal way we go about it. Hope yo uhad a good time in Amsterdam nevertheless, regards!

The location was awesome, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was very filling with lots of variety. Only complaints were that the bathroom ran out of toilet paper and that there were only two plugs for a ro With 14 beds, and a little pricey In general. Apart from that we had a great stay :)

Hello! I'm happy that you had a nice time over here! For extra toilet paper you can always ask for more at the reception. Not in all the rooms we've got personal plugs yet, sorry for the inconvenience you had. At the moment 80% of the rooms have personal plugs so probably the next time you are more lucky;). We look forward to see you again! Have a great day. Gr. Ruben

The staff are very kind and helpfull. The location is great!

Hello. Thanks for the great review and the compliments about our great staff and location! See you next time! Cheers!

Great hostel. Really good location in Vondelpark, but still about a 25 minute walk to the center of the city (red light district area). Staff at the lobby were very helpful and you can buy tickets for museums etc from them to skip the lines. Definitely rent the bikes, it's a great way to see the city - but go early in the morning before the bikes run out. Free breakfast was nice, only complaint is that the floor in our room was pretty dusty.

• 4th Apr 2015

Hello,thanks for your review. Great info about our bike rental, staff and tickets that's really helpful for other guests;). We've got a big cleaning team that clean the hostel everyday all day long, so the floor should be dust free. Our apologize when this wasn't done properly. I'm happy that you had a nice time in Amsterdam and did a lot of things over here. We hope to see you again! Have a great day.

Decent hostel - no real complaints other than the fact that there was only 2 plugs in our 6bed dorm. Free breakfast was great, very nice location on vondelpark and close to the city centre, good wifi, relatively helpful staff - had an okay stay at stayokay.

Hi. Thanks for your comment! At the moment we are fixing more and more plugs and have in 80% of the rooms a personal plug. Sorry for the inconvenience, but probably next time you've got a plug all for yourself;) We are glad that the breakfast was good and the staff was helpful and you had a nice stay with us! See you next time! Kind regards Ruben

Such a nice place, whit a good atmosphere, a lot of backpackers to meet there. Good rooms and beds, even in the 14 beds room. The breakfast was really good, but the long line is a problem if you'll be in a hurry.

Hello, We are really joyful you liked everything over here! The breakfast is from 7.30 - 10.00u. When there were for example a lot of festivals and partypeople it's normal that it's busy at 9.58;). I hope you made everything on time! Thanks for the review and we love to see you next time! Cheers Ruben

Mixed dorm on the 4th floor, 20 double-deck bed in the same room without any curtain. Noisy and not safe for putting personal belongings outside the locker when you are asleep, so no chance to charge my phone.

The hostel is very clean and well organized. They have good bathrooms and a nice place to chill out in the end of the day. When we stayed there, though, there were a lot of young kids in school trips and they made a lot of noise. It feels more like a hotel then a hostel. There are better places to stay in Amsterdam where you can enjoy the energy of the city better. Also, it stays very far from many attractions.

Hi, thanks for your review! It's correct we've got a big variety of groups and individuals. We've got more well organized locations in Amsterdam. Please have a look at StayOkay Stadsdoelen next time. Maybe you will enjoy the city energy more over there;) StayOkay Vondelpark is located in a more relax area compared to the busy citycenter and is only 1 step away from the Vondelpark and Museamsquare. We look forward to see you again, maybe in StayOkay Stadsdoelen;) Have a great day! Ruben

I arrived early in the morning after a ten hour bus ride from Berlin. The staff were not helpful at all, and were very rude when I asked for help. The lady at the reception kept answering with annoyance. The atmosphere of the entire hostel was unfriendly and commercial. I did not feel welcomed or comfortable to make friends. The hostel was way too expensive for the facilities provided: paying for lockers, waiting half an hour for breakfast, and awful wifi.

Hello! We believe it's important that everybody feels welcome here and be helped. I will have a look into this and I will ask the staff about this. Unfortunately Amsterdam can be an expensive place. We always try to keep our prices as low as possible compared to other hostels. However I hoped you enjoyed the beautiful city Amsterdam. Have a great evening! Regards, Ruben

Good place to stay, the facilities were fine. It is a little bit of a walk to the centre though, but with a city as pretty as Amsterdam I didn't mind!

• 26th Mar 2015

Hi A walk across the city is most of the time the best way to see a lot. It's really nice to hear that you liked our city and hostel! We look forward to see you next time! Have a great day! Ruben

Good value for money. Clean and good service. With its large size, though, the hostel loses the personal touch that I like to find when hosteling. Not a bad place though, certainly not when you're with a large group of friends.

Hello , Thanks for your comment. We are a pretty large hostel with a great variety of groups and individuals. It's good to hear that you had good value for money and liked the clean hostel that profited a good service. We hope to see you another time! Greets Ruben

Very clean and well situated near vondelpark and Leidseplein!

• 24th Mar 2015

Hi, a clean hostel is our standard;) We are happy you liked the location and hopefully you enjoyed our great city as well! Have a great day, Ruben

When I checked in the room wasnt cleaned and the cleaner did not even clean it till the end even aftWifi sucks,even at the reception/lounge area & when i complained the girl at the reception told me "pray". Staff interactions whatever i had they were cold & non chalant.Its not a hostel but a huge hotel for school groups,its pretty big with a great bar & location but poorly managed.The lockers are too small without locks and so is the room. You have to buy towels.Breakfast closes early. DONT GO

Hello, thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that your night here was not as expected. Our rooms are cleaned everyday, this is a very important standard for us. Please always notify us if this is not the case; I am sure we could have offered you another room or solved it for you straight away. Hope you enjoyed your visit to Amsterdam nevertheless!

Excellent hostel for the money. Great location and the facilities are wonderful. The staff is kind and helpful and it's an all around great hostel.

• 20th Mar 2015

Hi, thanks for your great review, nice to know you had a good time here!