Taupo Urban Retreat Reviews

65 Heu Heu Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

A great hostel. The staff on the front desk were awesome, always so helpful and friendly. The common kitchen/dining area had a great atmosphere with big tables and a spacious cooking area. The was free parking at the rear of the property. Bar and garden we awesome as well!

Very good choice for all types of travellers. Nice common area with bar.

• 27th Nov 2015
  • Poland

Wifi was expensive. Otherwise, fantastic place to stay and extremely helpful staff.

Staff were very friendly and ever ready to answer any queries.

Staff were extraordinarily friendly and helpful!! They helped us book all our activities and we liked it so much we stayed an additional night!

Such a cool hostel. Great location. Parking was great and private double room was fantastic.

Security: locks didn't work on room doors. Facilities: a little small and stark common area, desk not 24hr. Good location and I think mostly with the money.

Nice beds, clean bathrooms, cheap bar, great atmosphere. Overall a really good time and I would go back :)

The hostel is located in a nice place for tourism.Just no free wifi.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • China

I was nervous at first that I was staying at a party hostel and would get no sleep. They do a good job of keeping the noise out and downstairs so you can sleep fine. The 4 bed room was a bit small for 4, but it worked out. The workers were very informative and are a great help when booking your activities. I hiked the Tongariro Crossing and it was fantastic. The was a decent hostel in Taupo.

fantastic!

• 25th Oct 2015

Sarah and Kerry were so nice and so helpful! Nice place and atmosphere. Too bad it's really cold in the common room + showers / bathroom. But the rooms were fine and clean!

Great Hostel, with a bar on the front (wasn't too loud though). Staff was really pleasant and helpful. A short walk away from most of the restaurants, cafes and bars in town.

• 15th Oct 2015

It's a shame there's no natural light in the rooms!

I would recommend this hostel, and if ever travelling this way again I will certainly stay here.

I had an excellent stay here, the staff were very friendly & extremely helpful - when I forgot my togs there was no trouble with getting in contact with them and they happy to post them back to me at no extra cost! I would definitely stay again :)

Based ourselves here to go skiing at Whakapapa on a weekend break from Auckland. The hostel was perfect for a short stay,however our room was very hot and the AC didn't work, also as we were the room beside the common room/kitchen/bar it was quite loud in the evening. But in terms of value for money, can't complain!

The staff was very nice and lovely. But I missed the atmosphere. The reception closed too early and there was hardly anybody sitting in the common room so it was not easy to meet new people.

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that our staff were helpful. We would like to point out that our reception does not close before 9pm each evening which is later than all but one other hostel in Taupo. I am afraid that your visit from a Monday coincided with a very quiet winter week in Taupo, so the hostel was certainly not at capacity! Hopefully you have met more people on your travels :-)

Awesome hostel! Fun people and great common area! The only real negative is the beds are very uncomfortable (only a foam pad over wooden slats).

Sadly only stayed here one night dude to lack of time but by far one of the best hostels I've stayed in New Zealand in the past month. It's only small but location is pretty good as staff are the best, very helpful. Recommend to anyone travelling alone or in groups through taupo.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope the rest of your travels are just as or more enjoyable :-)