Taupo Urban Retreat Reviews

65 Heu Heu Street, Taupo, Taupo, New Zealand

Only free WiFi on a couple of computers by the reception and the bunk beds were too low, apart from that the hostels pretty good

Thanks for the great feedback and we look forward to seeing you again if you are passing through Taupo. Happy travels :)

Annoying hostel. Sounds strange but the doors are extremely loud. You can't close them quietly. Some of them even not when you open them. Staff was friendly Location was good in Taupo

Thanks for your feedback. I have contacted our maintenance guru to see if there is some way we can make opening and closing the doors quieter. We hope you are enjoying the rest of your travels and look forward to welcoming you back if you are ever passing through Taupo again.

I spent only one night there! but was a good time! our room was comfortable!

Bathrooms were dirty and small considering they were unisex. Rooms are far to small for the amount of people sleeping in it! This hostel is below average compared to other hostels I've stayed in the north island! Also please put more staff on when a bus of backpackers arrive as there was only one staff member to check in 30 people.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry you were not happy with the cleanliness of the bathrooms. I have bought this to the attention of our Housekeeping team. With the Kiwi bus arriving at different times it is hard to predict reception traffic but we do try and staff accordingly, I believe your bus (with 16 people on it) turned up early that day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Great Hostel, with very good Facilities. Lots of showers and toilets. The bedrooms are only accessible by a password and a key locked door. 1Gb per day of accommodation is the icing on the cake.

Really happy to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. We love free internet access too and as an added bonus Taupo town centre is currently in the process of adding free WIFI around town, so you can jump on-line whilst out and about. New hot spots are being added regularly. Just another reason to visit the beautiful lake Taupo!

1 2 Next » last »