The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

Have a really loud bar/nightclub especially on weekends, the building is quite old and need of refurbishment. The mattresses are absolute fiflthy!!

Full moon is a pretty standard hostel, has all the basics that you need, no frills. The location of the hostel is good, not too far to walk to all the museums, harbour and close to pubs/cafes etc. If you are here on the weekend then I suggest bringing ear plugs if you want to sleep before 2am as its really loud. The mattresses are awful, it feels like you are just lying on the springs with no padding. Also the kitchen was a bit dirty. But otherwise a good cheap hostel.

This place was what we needed, just around the corner from the bus station. There is a bar downstairs so take ear plugs as it can be a little noisey. One of our mattresses had springs poking in our back and it was a little hot but otherwise the rooms were fine. Only a 5-10min walk to sainsburys and tesco, we only stayed one night before Glastonbury so there was a wait for the few showers they have. But if you just need a place to crash and meet people over beers this is the place for you!

We loves Full moon backpackers. The bar was great, the people were helpful. Will stay there again.

• 21st Jun 2014

Excellent place to stay, would recommend to anyone! :)

• 2nd May 2014

Great staff and a fantastic location.

Great place to stay, staff is adorable!

• 10th Apr 2014

I didn't stay there in the end. My initial impression was that it was somewhat dark and grungy and so I continued on to London. David.

• 7th Apr 2014

Do you know this meme, Moon Moon? Let me copy/paste: "Moon Moon is a fictional wolf character that is portrayed as a mentally challenged outcast in the pack", "People now use the term Moon Moon in the form of that one person that comes along and ruins everything". Well, that's the best depiction of this hostel I can think of. You'd think they named it after the infamous wolf and just forgot to add the second "Moon".

It was a nice stay, but bear in mind that eco-friendly means that for the first half hour of turning on any lights, they may as well not be on at all (which was interesting in the evening!). Also I had to shower in the dark as after a few minutes they turn off too. However staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 11th Dec 2013

The bar staff had a lock-in outside our room so we did not sleep the whole night. there was a direct entrance from a drum and bass rave to our room. we were 5 minutes late to check-out and the hostel wanted to charge us £40 and threatened to call the police if we did not pay. No lock on a shower. No lockers in room.

Worst: the beds are quite bad. On weekends is very noisy. Best: Close to the bus station. Quiet on weekdays. It is a hostel for a couple of nights or for very young people with lots of energy. The staff is friendly and they do their best. My door had a key I do not know about the digital key at all?? Best wishes!

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Spain

The corridor smelled truly awful. Bed mattress was rock hard. Pillows and duvets had a number of yellowy-orange stains. And, personally, I don't like brushing my teeth with warm water. Staff were alright, but a bit disorganised.

We had a really good time at this hostel! Excellently situated with a great party atmosphere and club downstairs. The room were clean basic but large. The staff in particular were very friendly and accomodating. We will be back!

• 27th Sep 2013

Great place and atmosphere..

When you book Fulmoon Hostel you should just know that you always listen to loud music and that there is always a party downstairs in the bar. The workers are really nice and the hostel seems to be clean. The toilets were always clean just the shower was a little bit uncomfortable. But you can not really complain cause of the price. But the hostel is suitable just for a short stay and not for really holidays despite you want to make party holidays. :-)

• 10th Sep 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in August3. The hostel itself wasn't very busy but the bar downstairs was very popular. The location was very central which was great and the hostel is very easy to find. Unfortunately the beds are really uncomfortable and it is very noisy due to the popularity of the bar. There was no hot water for showers our washing during my stay and the showers, toilets and kitchens were very unclean and many of them were out of order. Not worth £15 a night.

good location and staff was so friendly

Pub music is really noisy! I do not think you can sleep well! I am sorry!

Fun place, loved the retro seventies atmosphere. Maybe not retro for most guests though!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6