The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

The wifi connection was awful. The mattress as pillow super uncomfortable. Otherwise fairly clean over all.

Very noisy as the room was above pub which seemed to be open until early hours of morning.Beds uncomfortable and diidn't get much sleep but adequate for one night.

• 17th Oct 2014

Common room is dirty, Kitchen is dirty. Flooring (the carpet) is in poor condition in all the hostel. a different kind of flooring rather than carpet would be more suitable for this hostel. A kind of hard flooring can be cleaned easier.

Dirty, run down, revolting toilets, bedroom wasn't cleaned. Just don't go there.

Great staff. Felt safe. But so unbelievably noisy. Stayed on a Thursday night and it sounded like there was a nightclub downstairs til the early hours of the morning and lots of banging doors and shouting people. Fine if you are partying too I guess. Not so good for me.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Totally surprised at how cool this hostel was! I stayed in a female only 6 bed dorm and it was huge!Loved the room, he beds were comfy enough and the kitchen pretty much okay for cooking-typical hostel kitchen but well equipped.Not the cleanest place but better than some others I spent some time at! Also,the general atmosphere seemed very positive and I enjoyed staying here. Will definitely consider this when coming to Bristol again!Also location was good!Walking distance to center 10 minutes.

Very noisy with lots of sketchy characters. Could not use the shower or kitchen because it was too dirty and Wifi did not work in my room. The bed was made of really hard springs the noise so no sleep at all. Lockers in the common room did not look trustworthy so I had to carry all my belongings. I left the place as soon as I could and cancelled a few nights.

• 19th Sep 2014

Staff weren't overly friendly or accomodating. If you're not there to party, you're going to have a bad time. We really only stayed there because it was the last thing available and when we got there we could see why. Wifi was really good though.

I have very poor sleeping quality when I stay in Bristol. Owing to the bar which locate downstair playing the music whole night and noise of construction in the early morning. The room light is too old and dark to I can't see clear.

As soon as we arrived th girl behind the desk wasn't able to help us with anything in the hostel, she didn't even know if there were lockers or were they would be. The beds were awfull, people seemed to be living there and was scaffolding on the outside of the building, were workers started at 8 in the morning. We were not notified of this before, nor did anybody seem to care. The pub nextdoor was allright, not very nice to sleep next to on busy nights though.

Staff was super rude, they are some hippy guys taken from the street with no education. They ask for 20 pound deposit each person. The don't even make the room: my double private room it was dirty, the bin was full of waste from the previous guests, sheets had hair and I had to make the bed. There is a pub/club inside the hostel garden woth crazy loud music till 2am and people screaming till morning + spring mattress super unconfortable. Unsafe area, probably the worst in Bristol

A bit noisy because they use to throw parties like 3 days a week.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Chile

Great location. Although we expected the place to be, noisy and lively, we didn't expect; spring coiled mattresses, disgusting kitchen with no crockery other than the dirty pile in the sink, ovens that don't heat as expected, showers that need a good clean/ have poor pressure/lights that turn off mid shower nor did we expect the building to be in such poor state of disrepair and general poor cleaning (doors were blackened and sticky with over use!)

Pros: well located, friendly staff, next to a bar which is both good and bad. Cons: next to a bar - so it is extremely loud at night until 12ish, later on weekends. Bring ear plugs. The beds were extremely uncomfortable, could feel all the springs. The showers were horrible. Overall cheap, short term stay. You get what you pay for.

Definitely a party hostel as the bar next to it goes off and it's quite loud.

Some of staffs were kind but everthing would not be good. I Never think this hostel in my life.

great for a weekend away i was there for work reasons and its cheap and cheerfull get what you pay for nothing bad to say about the place

• 11th Aug 2014

This is a place for people who don't mind the noise from a bar next door till 2 o'clock in the morning. There never was soap in any of the hand-wash (or they were damaged) and the rubbish bins were up to the top for the whole of the weekend. There were four showers in the floor I stayed in. One was flooded, the second one was out of order and the other two were not clean at all.

There were rats in the room, all is dirty and is very veru noisy becouse in the ground floor is a disco.

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Spain

The guy working in the front was nice. There was a bar outside attached to the hostel, which was fun. Overall, it wasn't my favorite hostel ever but it was pretty good.

• 27th Jul 2014