The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

It is a useful place to stay as it is easy to get to the airport and away on buses etc, but do be prepared for noise - I suggest a sleeping mask and earplugs are probably a good idea :)

We heard on saturdays there might be a little bit of noise from the pub. It was so loud we did not sleep at all untill 5 in the morning. When we just closed out eues a group decided to have a party in the hall. The hostel itself is okay, but i would not stay again in a weekend.

Its VERY noisy! and you can feel the vibrations from the bar downstairs up on the 2nd floor whilst laying in bed. The music stopped at some point between 2am and 3am I think. The night staff I found a bit rude. I'm not stupid, and I felt that they thought I was. I asked if the picture on the wall was some sort of map - he looked at me like I was an idiot and said, no, its a picture - I think someone needs to tell him it is a map actually.

• 10th Jul 2015

Nice hostel and pleasant big rooms, but the showers and toilets were not really clean. Great location and lively athmosphere, but there was loud music outside until 2am every night!Not the best place if you want to get some rest, great if you're looking for party. The staff could have been kinder at the check in..the girl kept me waiting for 20mins, in a rather rude way.

Great atmosphere and staff, would definitely stay here again!

• 25th Jun 2015

it was a fun place to stay

The hostel is ok, great location and staff is nice. Just a warning, be aware about the amount of deposit you pay upon arrival. Me and my friend both paid 20 p, but they only gave us 20 back at the end of our stay. We came back a week later and we had to do our story over and over again, but no money back and no reason why they kept our deposit. apart from that, great place and the garden/bar is amazing!

there are no lockers in the rooms, the rest of it is all good.

Everything was fine!

Hostel is a bit older, so facilities have been well used, floor is comically uneven- but that's hostel long for you. Fantastic location, stokes croft is a very cool neighbourhood, and it's only a short bus ride (1 pound 50) from the train station. Check out the bear pit an outdoor gallery by the hostel, as tons of local shopping and food in stokes croft. Decent hostel for a stay in Bristol which is a fantastic city .

Hostel was unclean... next to no housekeeping in rooms. Guests have to make up their own beds and bring sheets down to checkout. Unsure if hostel staff check rooms at all on a daily basis. No way of lighting the stoves in the kitchen unless you BYO lighter. Push button showers. Great place to stay if you love a stoner vibe.

Really liked the hostel. The bedroom was a good size, clean and comfortable. The staff friendly and helpful. The toilettes were clean, but shower could do with some work. The common room also needs a bit of attention, but considering the hostel also has a pub and a bar with a large outside area this really wasn't important.

Great hostel, lovely and helpful staff, love the location. The bar is fantastic, especially as a solo traveler as I found it really easy to meet other travellers and locals. I would definitely stay here again

The main reason for my booking was the clubs underneath the hostel and the party atmosphere, which was great and is worth it if you want to party. But if its a good night sleep you want you will not get it until 3am. The staff at check-in and especially the nigh porter was friendly, the one at check out not so much. I didn't use the rest of the facilities apart from my room and toilet which seemed OK... until morning. Oh and there was a really moldy mattress in my room... which is just sad :/

I didn't enjoy my stay at all. There was some festival just under my window with loud music till 3am. Moreover hostel was pretty dirty with no lockers in rooms.

Overall it is quite good hostel, yet I would not recommend it for those who want to get normal sleep. The hostel is part of a bar or something like that, so it is noisy and when people come back at around 3am the doors, floors, beds are shaking somehow. But the hostel is cosy, big beds, nice interior.

i loved the place

it was brilliant would stay again

If you're not into toilets that haven't been cleaned, showers with pubes, hair and cotton buds on the floor, extremely terrible loud grungy music underneath you until 3am, staff who are just rude and only want your money, the bar toilets downstairs smelling and flooding, springs in your back from every angel on the bed and odd stares from random people outside ... Then I suggest you DO NOT STAY HERE. IF you love all of the above - then this place is the place to be!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

The staff didn't look at me once while checking in or out, pretty unpolite. the rooms and bathrooms were in a poor state, the kitchen pretty dirty. the music from the bar downstairs was so loud that it was absolutely impossible to sleep before 2am. won't go again.

• 26th Mar 2015