The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

Great place to stay, staff is adorable!

• 10th Apr 2014

I didn't stay there in the end. My initial impression was that it was somewhat dark and grungy and so I continued on to London. David.

• 7th Apr 2014

Do you know this meme, Moon Moon? Let me copy/paste: "Moon Moon is a fictional wolf character that is portrayed as a mentally challenged outcast in the pack", "People now use the term Moon Moon in the form of that one person that comes along and ruins everything". Well, that's the best depiction of this hostel I can think of. You'd think they named it after the infamous wolf and just forgot to add the second "Moon".

It was a nice stay, but bear in mind that eco-friendly means that for the first half hour of turning on any lights, they may as well not be on at all (which was interesting in the evening!). Also I had to shower in the dark as after a few minutes they turn off too. However staff were very friendly and helpful :)

• 11th Dec 2013

The bar staff had a lock-in outside our room so we did not sleep the whole night. there was a direct entrance from a drum and bass rave to our room. we were 5 minutes late to check-out and the hostel wanted to charge us £40 and threatened to call the police if we did not pay. No lock on a shower. No lockers in room.

Worst: the beds are quite bad. On weekends is very noisy. Best: Close to the bus station. Quiet on weekdays. It is a hostel for a couple of nights or for very young people with lots of energy. The staff is friendly and they do their best. My door had a key I do not know about the digital key at all?? Best wishes!

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Spain

The corridor smelled truly awful. Bed mattress was rock hard. Pillows and duvets had a number of yellowy-orange stains. And, personally, I don't like brushing my teeth with warm water. Staff were alright, but a bit disorganised.

We had a really good time at this hostel! Excellently situated with a great party atmosphere and club downstairs. The room were clean basic but large. The staff in particular were very friendly and accomodating. We will be back!

• 27th Sep 2013

Great place and atmosphere..

When you book Fulmoon Hostel you should just know that you always listen to loud music and that there is always a party downstairs in the bar. The workers are really nice and the hostel seems to be clean. The toilets were always clean just the shower was a little bit uncomfortable. But you can not really complain cause of the price. But the hostel is suitable just for a short stay and not for really holidays despite you want to make party holidays. :-)

• 10th Sep 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in August3. The hostel itself wasn't very busy but the bar downstairs was very popular. The location was very central which was great and the hostel is very easy to find. Unfortunately the beds are really uncomfortable and it is very noisy due to the popularity of the bar. There was no hot water for showers our washing during my stay and the showers, toilets and kitchens were very unclean and many of them were out of order. Not worth £15 a night.

good location and staff was so friendly

Pub music is really noisy! I do not think you can sleep well! I am sorry!

Fun place, loved the retro seventies atmosphere. Maybe not retro for most guests though!

theres a club downstairs = loud noise till 3am (esp on weekends). So be warned! if you're the type of person who can sleep with noise then its fine. In the summer, it gets really warm (no fan).

• 13th Jul 2013
  • Malaysia

Imposible sleep.

a very pigsty!!

• 29th May 2013

I had extended my stay in the Full Moon, since the weekends are really cool here and the weekdays chilled out and leaving space for activities.

The hostel had a lot of character and the staff was very helpful. The rooms do nit have lockers but we were able to store our stuff in a closest during the day. The hostel was located above a bar so it was very loud. The showers weren't very good. They didn't have any hot water.

Pros: location (very central), cleanliness of the toilets and staff was very friendly. Cons: Beds are not very comfortable (but still possible to have a nice night of sleep) and no breakfast. In general, it is worth it - I'd come back if I need to come back to Bristol.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5