The Full Moon Backpackers Reviews

1North Street, Stokes croft, Bristol, Bristol, England

The staff was at times not so helpful or polite at reception and we hardly slept at all due to crazy loud music in the bar downstairs and the nearby disco. The toilets and bathrooms are quite dirty, the kitchen is really dirty.

First time staying in a hostel anywhere in the world. We stayed in a double room which was very spacious. We were provided fresh linen on arrival. The facilities all worked fine and the staff were very pleasant. You can't go wrong for the price! Can't comment on noise levels as we didn't get back until 5am ourselves! 5 min walk to Cabot Circus and 10 min walk to O2 Academy/Colston Hall.

• 22nd Nov 2014

Good location, clean bed room, clean bathrooms, good common room, kitchen facilities good but unfortinately not kept clean or tidy. Very odd smell I'm the kitchen.

Good for a peaceful night's sleep.

• 16th Nov 2014

I never recommend this hostel because there is pub under hostel. loud music in your room all night furthermore I couldn't sleep. also it wasn't clean kitchen, bathroom and wc.

It was terrible, in particular for the very poor cleanliness and disturbing noises during the night. The only good thing was the price payed to stay 4 nights.

• 28th Oct 2014

the matercaes need to be changed. Some storage units in the rooms would be good.

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Poland

The wifi connection was awful. The mattress as pillow super uncomfortable. Otherwise fairly clean over all.

Had a great stay, thanks

• 18th Oct 2014

This hostel is ok. The location is very good, close to the bus station and city centre. We just had a problem with the noise from the streets, which was waking us up until about 5 am and also the bathrooms could have been cleaner. But altogether, it was ok to stay there for 1 night.

Very noisy as the room was above pub which seemed to be open until early hours of morning.Beds uncomfortable and diidn't get much sleep but adequate for one night.

• 17th Oct 2014

Common room is dirty, Kitchen is dirty. Flooring (the carpet) is in poor condition in all the hostel. a different kind of flooring rather than carpet would be more suitable for this hostel. A kind of hard flooring can be cleaned easier.

Dirty, run down, revolting toilets, bedroom wasn't cleaned. Just don't go there.

Great staff. Felt safe. But so unbelievably noisy. Stayed on a Thursday night and it sounded like there was a nightclub downstairs til the early hours of the morning and lots of banging doors and shouting people. Fine if you are partying too I guess. Not so good for me.

• 25th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Totally surprised at how cool this hostel was! I stayed in a female only 6 bed dorm and it was huge!Loved the room, he beds were comfy enough and the kitchen pretty much okay for cooking-typical hostel kitchen but well equipped.Not the cleanest place but better than some others I spent some time at! Also,the general atmosphere seemed very positive and I enjoyed staying here. Will definitely consider this when coming to Bristol again!Also location was good!Walking distance to center 10 minutes.

Very noisy with lots of sketchy characters. Could not use the shower or kitchen because it was too dirty and Wifi did not work in my room. The bed was made of really hard springs the noise so no sleep at all. Lockers in the common room did not look trustworthy so I had to carry all my belongings. I left the place as soon as I could and cancelled a few nights.

Staff weren't overly friendly or accomodating. If you're not there to party, you're going to have a bad time. We really only stayed there because it was the last thing available and when we got there we could see why. Wifi was really good though.

I have very poor sleeping quality when I stay in Bristol. Owing to the bar which locate downstair playing the music whole night and noise of construction in the early morning. The room light is too old and dark to I can't see clear.

As soon as we arrived th girl behind the desk wasn't able to help us with anything in the hostel, she didn't even know if there were lockers or were they would be. The beds were awfull, people seemed to be living there and was scaffolding on the outside of the building, were workers started at 8 in the morning. We were not notified of this before, nor did anybody seem to care. The pub nextdoor was allright, not very nice to sleep next to on busy nights though.

Staff was super rude, they are some hippy guys taken from the street with no education. They ask for 20 pound deposit each person. The don't even make the room: my double private room it was dirty, the bin was full of waste from the previous guests, sheets had hair and I had to make the bed. There is a pub/club inside the hostel garden woth crazy loud music till 2am and people screaming till morning + spring mattress super unconfortable. Unsafe area, probably the worst in Bristol

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7