The Hostel Paulista Reviews

Rua Pamplona, 793, Jardins, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Decent hostel, great staff.

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were great (especially the pair who danced for me in reception!! [guy = lindo!]). Huuuuuuge hostel. Big communal areas, bar and terrace. Room was sufficient with big lockers. Really clean and nice chilled atmosphere. Few snags... Front door security into the hostel is lax, anybody can walk at anytime of day. Also showers were cold BUT that aside an ~>awesome

They could fix the showers. Out of this, everything's pretty fine. Good location, cheap, staff is nice, breakfast is good too, lockers are too large and spacious, there's a lot of places around to eat and to have fun, specially Augusta and Frei Caneca Street and MASP Museum. It worth a visit.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • arturcamargo

It is better if you learn some Portuguese to communicate with staff as nobody speaks English.If the weather is hot the the rooms are muggy.We didn't like our stay very much but on the otherhand hostel is very close to the Av.Paulista and breakfast is better than expected.

Berhan, I'm astonished with your review!! Our staff is fully prepared to speak English, Spanish and Portuguese. This summer was the hottest in 70 years, maybe that's why you found too warm. I'm really sorry that you didn't have the same experience as many others.

Very nice and helpful people. Good location.

I didn't spend a whole lot of time IN the hostel - but the staff were good & very friendly, the facilities will be good when the work is finished & breakfast was as expected. Security though - the main front door has a buzzer, but is actually just open all the time and didn't seem to close properly at all. Now, the reception is 24hrs and most of the staff did seem to know who should be there, but with no locks on dorm doors either, there is a security risk there. Get the front door fixed!

No complains. Would stay there again.

• 9th Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Location is great : next to the metro station and the staff is very helpfull ! The room are clean and well disposed ! I enjoyed my stay there !