The Jade Emu International Hostel Reviews

Area 10, West Gate Village, Dali, China

Whoa, they thought of everything! A lot of Chinese hostels could learn a thing or two by staying in Dali for a few days at the Jade Emu. My biggest "complaint" was that the Sichuan style food is "too authentic" (here I had my first experience with huajiao - Sichuan pepper)

Really enjoyed our stay at the jade emu. Will be staying there every time we go back to Dali. Double room was amazing. Dorms had huge beds and lockers. Win.

Staff is very helpful with good English.

It's great time at Jade Emu International Hostel because of their hospitality, perfect activities, and so on. I deeply appreciate workers' kind supports for my mother. I really want to go there again! Special memory :)

I stayed here for three nights in the 4 bed girls dorm rooms. I arrived at 7am but my room wasn't ready until 2 or 3pm, however all facilities were available (bathrooms, laundry, luggage storage) while I waited. The rooms themselves were quite nice - soft big beds with electric blankets and security boxes. For the most part staff were really helpful and friendly although trying to book anything more than a day ahead of time seemed like an inconvenience to them. Excellent food.

This hostel is really awesome,the staffs are all friendly and helpful.

• 16th Feb 2015
  • China

At times too many staff on duty. At times they clashed. Overall they were informative and willing to help. Convenient to old town,easy to access from Dali main town.

Good hostel with a lot of tour offers and offered activities (i.e. the big BBQ every Thursday evening). I also appreciated that they offer a vpn to access otherwise blocked websites in China. Unfortunately, the vpn is so slow that you need a looooot of time if you want to do so...

The staffs were always nice to us and they can speak english very well. so there's no any problem with communicating. it was little bit hard to find where the hostel is. So we had to wander around little 30 minutes. BUT the bathroom inside the room was really impressing and room was also clean and cozy

Excellent value and very good attention to detail. Perfect for backpackers looking to unwind.

Friendly staff, very well located and great atmosphere for Christmas ! Meet some great people there !

I stayed 5 nights in the jade emu. It was a really nice time there. It's really easy to meet people and you can enjoy the woodfire in the evening. The food tom the restaurant (western and Chinese) is also very nice !

Thank you your good comment. Enjoy your trip! Welcome next time.

I stayed only one night but it was a great place. The staff was nice and very helpful. The rooms are very clean and well equipped

I stayed in a 4-bed ensuite and it had very clean, comfortable beds and toilet. Good showers with hot water. Personal lockers for valuables. Good food and cafe. Excellent rest place. Staff were very helpful and informative.