The Mountain House Pokhara Reviews

Lakeside 6 , Pokhara, Pokhara, Nepal

Very recommendable, the best place where we stayed in Nepal. The owners are very friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathroom are nice and clean, the location is very good as well, very close to the main street.

The owner and her daughter are very nice. Room is clean, and I can watch the mountain from my room window. Hot water available.

Newly renovated since last year. This is my 2nd time staying. Staff are helpful and lady boss nice. Offered me hot tea that night when it was chilly. Helpful in break my Diamox pills to give to an elderly couple. The boss sheltered and carried my luggage when it rained on my arrival. Close to food and shops but located inside so it is quiet at night. Sleeps better.

frequent power cuts throughout day and night made hot shower not available. But wifi works 24/7. Overall great place and hospitality.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Malaysia

Have stayed at The Mountain House over a month in total during my visit to Nepal. The hotel is excellent and run by a very friendly family. I booked the Annapurna base camp trek and a couple rafting trips at really good prices. Highly recommend when you visit Pokhara.

Great value. Hot showers. Spacious room. Really nice pople. Excellent location. We'd definitely stay again.

Family run, and they do treat you as one of their own!. Great place to stay, clean rooms, hot shower, beautiful view, and proximity to a lot of restaurants. Really enjoyed over a week of stay here. The owners were very helpful, and gave useful guidance to enjoy pokhara to the maximum.

Great service, only complaint is that the wifi wasn't great and the power went off every now and the, but that's Nepal for you in general.

• 31st Jan 2015

The owners of this guesthouse were lovely and very helpful. Its in a good location very near to the lake. The rooms were clean however very cold at night and the first 2 days there wasnt hot water but the next 2 days there was.

The mountain house is a must stay the location is amazing rooms are very clean and the staff incredibly helpful

A great stay would recommend Wifi wasn't good though

This hotel has the best shower in Nepal! So hot you actually need to use the cold water tap, and it has really good pressure. The beds are warm and comfortable. Location is fantastic, especially for the price.

If you're looking for some luxury during your stay in Pokhara this is the place! It's great value for money and the shower is amazing!!! The owner made us feel welcome the moment we walked in the door! Will definitely stay again when I return :)

Indira and her husband were really hospitable and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and looked after.

• 28th Nov 2014