9.5
Superb 157 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 157 Total Reviews
The Mountain House Pokhara Located at Lakeside 6 , Pokhara, , Pokhara.
Nepal
Pokhara 00977 Lakeside 6 , Pokhara
95% 157
28.2124520 83.9592380
    Rooms available

• rainfrazier
  • USA, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

The mountain house was a wonderful experience! The hosts are so wonderful and made me feel safe and taken care of as a female alone! I stayed for a while and they gave me a nice discount which was very sweet as it was peak season. I could not recommend this place more. Excellent location, less than 5 minutes from the main strip. The hosts are thoughtful and make you feel at home and part of their family!

28th Aug 2016

My only complaint about this hotel was that as were were getting into our taxi to leave, the owner ran after us because she forgot to charge us for the laundry. She overcharged us and it bothered me because as budget travelers, every rupee counts. I would just say that the hotel be a little more organized. Other than that, our room was extremely clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was in a quiet location.

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Aug 2016

What a lovely guest house!! The owners are lovely and it is in the perfect location- 5 minute walk from the main strip of Pokhara. I wish my partner and I were here for longer so we could have enjoyed the guest house and seen more!

• England, Female, 25-30
19th Aug 2016

The Mountain House was the perfect place to stay! The family were so welcoming and helped us arrange a bus back to katmandu, paragliding and gave us tips on seeing the sights including the peace pagoda. They made us feel at home and were like a second family! I would definitely recommend staying here- couldn't fault it one bit! Thanks for having us Mountain House!

• USA, Male, 18-24
8th Aug 2016

I had a tremendous time at The Mountain House. I traveled in northern India and Nepal for three weeks, and this was definitely the best hostel/guest house that I stayed at. Stan was incredibly friendly and helpful in arranging activities, and the guest house is ideally located- easily walkable to the lake and main Lakeside area, but separated enough for some peace and quiet. I'll definitely stay at The Mountain House if I'm back in Pokhara and would highly recommend it to others.

16th Jun 2016

Great little spot to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff and of course a magnificent city to be in!

20th May 2016

Beautiful guest house, with the perfect location! The owners we're just so sweet and accomdaiting, that we changed our plans to stay one more night!

• Netherlands, Male, 25-30
7th May 2016

Great stay with a very friendly Nepalese family. They really made us feel part of their home. Would highly recommened this place during your visit to Pokhara.

• Canada, Couple, 31-40
1st May 2016

We stayed in Nepal for 5 weeks, and this was our favorite place. The family was very friendly, the room/bathroom was spacious and clean, and it was a great value for money. We would definitely go back.

• England, Male, 31-40
25th Apr 2016

Our stay at the Mountain House Hotel was (is still!) a pleasure. We originally booked for 3 nights to get the lay of the land around Lakeside, and perhaps find a better option later on; we have stayed nearly 2 weeks now! The staff are diligent, helpful and very friendly. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, & if you are lucky afford fantastic views of the countryside. The web connection could be better, but this is a minor gripe and not the fault of MHH. Lovely place, thanks!