The Northshore Hostel Maui Reviews

2080 Vineyard St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

This hostel is clean and well-organized. There are good common-area amenities, and the room (a private room) had comfortable beds, was a decent size, had a closet etc. Bathrooms are shared, but are clean and there are several of them. Laundry, cheap snorkel rental, a book with restaurant/bar and tourist activities recommendations was available. Friendly staff. Plenty of parking available. Would recommend staying here!

I really liked the place. The staff were what made it so great. Very helpful and kind. They had many things they offered for rent or lending out. It was very clean and professional. Qualities that I feel make a travel experience so much better, especially as a backpacker. It was close to the airport and many shops. Ask the staff about how you can watch a luau for free... Rent the CD for the Road to Hana if you're going to do the drive. It had interesting facts and information.

All the hostel staff were very nice but there are some long-term patrons that made me, and others, uncomfortable. AC in the room was nice but was either on-blasting cold air and freezing us out, or off-creating a sweat bath after a couple hours. It could not maintain a constant temperature. Also, not sure the fridge was ever cleaned out. It was always packed to the gills and one stunk when you opened the freezer.

Thank you for your comments...we are working on a solution to the AC issue...guests tamper with the controls... Yes we clean our refrigerators and we are very busy...we also depend on our guests to help by removing their items when they leave... We are always working hard to improve... Mahalo for staying with us and aloha...

Nice hostel, central location to explore the island. Supermarket/Restaurants are close by. Big parking area opposite of hostel. Clean, enough bathrooms and space in the kitchen/fridge, very nice

Thank you for your visit and your kind words....aloha nui loa!

Awesome hostel!! It was very well kept, friendly, and comfortable.

• 20th Sep 2014

Mahalo, thanks for staying with us!

If you want a hotel suite, this is not what you are looking for. This place is for open minded and self sufficient individuals. It is clean, friendly, and in a central location. I enjoyed my stay, and was surprised to not want to leave!! They have very helpful staff and accommodations. For the rate per night, you really can't beat it or ask for more! I would stay again in a heartbeat if I ever need to!! Thank you Northshore Hostel for such a pleasant transition and experience!!!!

• 9th Sep 2014

Thank you...it was a pleasure to have you as a guest....mahalo and aloha!

It's one of the cleanest and most familiar hostels I've ever been to! Had a great time :)

We enjoyed our stay on the northshore hostel very much. It was clean, safe and the staff was verx friendly. If we'll go back to maui we would pick this hostel again.

Friendly staff and well run. Good value in an expensive place.

Excellent place to base your Maui trip. Quiet town. Friendly hostel. Free pancakes. Very laid back. I used this place as home base for hiking day trips and beach trips. Bedtime tends to be on the early side.

This hostel is great for travelers. I like the cleanliness of the hostel. This hostel is strict in it's evening hours, so be aware of that (depends on what kind of traveler you are). All the places on Maui are pretty far away from each other and so is this hostel, but the public transportation is great on Maui and North Shore is close by a bus stop. I can recommend this hostel, Craig is the most awesome Canadian on Maui and you can find him here!