The Northshore Hostel Maui Reviews

2080 Vineyard St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

Scott made me feel really welcome when he picked me up from the airport! He even brought me to Iao Valley with him and his buddy! Definitely will revisit this hostel. Loved it!

• 5th Aug 2015
  • bprimeaux

L'hostello è conveniente ma lontano da qualsiasi spiaggia, se alloggiate qui dovete avere per forza una macchina.. Lato negativo che alle 10 cala il silenzio e tutti se ne vanno a dormire. A mio avviso molto noioso..

I loved this hostel! The staff was friendly and the atmosphere cosy and laidback. The free shuttle service was great, because there's not much to do in the immediately environment and the airport is several miles away. It was really easy to meet fellow travellers. Lockers and shelves for your luggage would have made a nice addition though.

I'm really glad to having stayed at the Northshore Hostel Maui. Friendly and laidback atmosphere + good facilities for what you pay. My only constructive criticism is perhaps the AC; if left turned on at night, it gets cold in the room. But if the AC is turned off during the night, then it gets uncomfortably hot. I would advise maybe finding a medium between the two. I also noticed some small ants in the kitchen area, but nothing too alarming. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel!

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Missing shelf to store clothing. Air conditioning was noisy but acceptable.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Romania

Very friendly and helpful staff! Quiet but great atmosphere! Perfect hostel!

The hostel actually holds to its published quiet hours. The rooms have a AC making for a great sleep. The staff was very helpful. Parking was great! There were plenty of gauge on things to do around the surrounding area too. I would definitely come back here.

• 11th Jul 2015

I really recommend this hostel if you are visiting Maui! The staff is really fun and helpful. They take care of their customers. The atmosphere is nice and calm. You will get a "family"-feeling here and it is really easy to connect with other people. The bathroom and kitchen is clean. Somehow this hostel attracts nice people and almost everyone that are staying here are really friendly.

Janine made the entire check-in process very easy and was very welcoming. Immediately felt comfortable upon arrival to the hostel. Location is a bit out of the way from a lot of the main attractions but close access to Maui buses and affordable.

• 16th Jun 2015

friendly staff, great atmosphere. dorms and bathrooms are clean, fridges are not :( but that's not essential. great option of free pancakes in the morning :)

Great staff, very clean, nice showers, and has wifi and I LAN connection.

Friendliest hostel in Hawaii! The staff were great and it's easy to meet other travellers, especially staying in the dorms. Not too much to do in the immediate area however, I had a car and there are buses so location wasn't an issue for me. Always felt my belongings were safe and the hostel entrance is passcode protected. The kitchen was always open and there is quiet time after 10pm. Scott was a great help letting me use the international phone to sort out a banking issue back home! Thankyou!

Easy place to meet people! They offer shuttle bus to some place!! I recommend!!

Sometimes just 4 bathrooms were not enough. The cleanliness could have better in the bathrooms and the room floors. some more hooks needed to hang one's things. Pancakes and the shuttle service was great!

Hostel was nice and clean. But it took a long time to get the next beaches.

Very good hostel! Super friendly and welcoming, nice people. We cooked together, we rented a car together, although it was raining we had a lot of fun. Definitely one of the better hostels! If you come to Maui, this is one of the best :)

• 3rd Mar 2015