The Northshore Hostel Maui Reviews

2080 Vineyard St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

Overall we had a good experience, and the rooms were good. Also the staff was AMAZING!!! Something we absolutely did NOT like was that they threw out our food the day we were checking out. We left our last name and date like they told us to on our food. They also said we could hangout until it was time for us to go to the airport. When we got back shopping and running errands around 2 all our food had been thrown away, so we were disappointed that we didn't have anything to eat when we came back

• 22nd Jan 2016

Scott was awesome! Helpful and friendly! I met a lot of new friends and we had a good time together. It's very clean, safe, and I'd definitely stay there again!!

• 17th Jan 2016

It was awesome! One of the best hostel we ever stayed. Very nice stuff, it is clean, everybody was helpful and we felt very welcome. best place to have a cool time in Maui. Check the kava cafe next door out. Very very nice place. And you can learn lot about hawaiian culture. G. the bartender is awesome. You guys should work more together

This is one of the most well-run hostels I have ever stayed at. The orientation at check-in was thorough, the rules were clearly posted, and the bathrooms were CLEAN!!

• 31st Dec 2015

Clean, great location, good people, excellent staff. Free pancakes!

You guys were awesome! Easy to get to, central location, awesome staff, fun atmosphere. One of the better hostels I've stayed at in a while.

wonderful accommodating friendly staff. Parking across from hostel is good with security cameras

• 7th Dec 2015

It was very clean, the staff was very nice! One of the best hostels I have ever been!

• 18th Nov 2015
  • Austria

The staff made you feel welcomed and took care of any needs I had.

• 13th Nov 2015

Clean shared areas, bathrooms and private rooms well kept. A private room with private bathroom would be nicer. Many times not enough bathrooms. Staff very nice and helpful. I even stayed an extra night. It is far from central connecting points but good if you have a rental car to get around. Much cooler than Kihei so I'm happy. Complimentary pancakes and coffee is a nice welcome to staying at hostel. Sometimes I found the tv or noise level too loud. I would close my door to buffer it.

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Everyone was very friendly. Janine thanks for everything.

• 31st Oct 2015

My stay at hostel makes me want to come back, fantastic staff and other patrons and all the facilities you need.

I stayed there for six days. Best to book directly through their toll free number. You definitely need to rent a car or be with one who does. Also, you can post on their board where you wish to go and share gas with them.

Wonderful experience

• 19th Oct 2015

This hostel was really well organized and clean. The location is optimal if you have a car and want to do daily trips. They also offer some daily activities and a shuttle to the airport.

Don't book through the website or app. You'll end up paying $8 more per night for the dorm. And though the staff knows it, they won't say anything about it. Their actual going rate is $29/night for the dorms. Excellent hostel, very clean, biggest private showers/bathrooms of any hostel you'll ever stay in, very quiet. The staff is nice, but strict. Bad location, you WILL need a car. No tours, so kinda not worth the money if you don't have a car and actually want to see the island.