The Northshore Hostel Maui Reviews

2080 Vineyard St., Wailuku, Maui, Maui, USA

All the hostel staff were very nice but there are some long-term patrons that made me, and others, uncomfortable. AC in the room was nice but was either on-blasting cold air and freezing us out, or off-creating a sweat bath after a couple hours. It could not maintain a constant temperature. Also, not sure the fridge was ever cleaned out. It was always packed to the gills and one stunk when you opened the freezer.

Nice hostel, central location to explore the island. Supermarket/Restaurants are close by. Big parking area opposite of hostel. Clean, enough bathrooms and space in the kitchen/fridge, very nice

Awesome hostel!! It was very well kept, friendly, and comfortable.

• 20th Sep 2014

If you want a hotel suite, this is not what you are looking for. This place is for open minded and self sufficient individuals. It is clean, friendly, and in a central location. I enjoyed my stay, and was surprised to not want to leave!! They have very helpful staff and accommodations. For the rate per night, you really can't beat it or ask for more! I would stay again in a heartbeat if I ever need to!! Thank you Northshore Hostel for such a pleasant transition and experience!!!!

• 9th Sep 2014

It's one of the cleanest and most familiar hostels I've ever been to! Had a great time :)

We enjoyed our stay on the northshore hostel very much. It was clean, safe and the staff was verx friendly. If we'll go back to maui we would pick this hostel again.

Friendly staff and well run. Good value in an expensive place.

Excellent place to base your Maui trip. Quiet town. Friendly hostel. Free pancakes. Very laid back. I used this place as home base for hiking day trips and beach trips. Bedtime tends to be on the early side.

This hostel is great for travelers. I like the cleanliness of the hostel. This hostel is strict in it's evening hours, so be aware of that (depends on what kind of traveler you are). All the places on Maui are pretty far away from each other and so is this hostel, but the public transportation is great on Maui and North Shore is close by a bus stop. I can recommend this hostel, Craig is the most awesome Canadian on Maui and you can find him here!

Good location, nice place and it has everything you need. Good value for money, and it might depend on period but we had to wait in line for the bathroom.

• 24th May 2014
  • Romania

The service is very great. You could get free breakfast at Northshore hostel. The best is the rule that "Keep silence from 10PM - 10:00 AM". Unfortunately, my husband was bite by bugs during the night. Recommend this hostel if you go to Maui with limited money.

Really liked this one, although if you don't have/rent a car, you're left in the middle of nowhere so the location is kinda poor and not close to anything. Staff: Jeanine was great, Scott seemed like we were disturbing him. But hey, was alright. Excellent views on the garden, ventilated rooms and locked front door makes you feel confortable and safe. Great kitchen to meet people, nice terrace to use for dinners with wine. Four clean bathrooms was nice to have.

Good place to be, very well organized, even with a thick guidebook about the hostel and the things to do in town and on the island. The common area is not too big, but makes a perfect spot to meet other travellers. Staff is almost always very helpful and friendly, as well as the housekeeper!! Thanks for the great time!

The hostel really nice but they have too many rules. For example they turn off the TV at 10 PM - even if it's mute. You feel like being in the army.