The Northshore Hostel Maui

8.4
Fabulous 517 Total Reviews

• Canada, Male, 31-40
27th Mar 2017

A nice funky hostel with great staff. The place is nice and clean too. It's easy to find but the neighbourhood is a little sketchy from what I could tell. Nice enough during the day but not somewhere you'd want to go for an evening stroll. we saw some pretty rough looking locals yelling at each other and acting pretty aggressive.

• Australia, Female, 41+
9th Mar 2017
4.3

This hostel is noisy, hot, and too crowded when at capacity. My room at the front of the property was hot and uncomfortable, as it faced west. My "private" room faced onto the balcony, which used by all guests - so not very private and was cramped and shabbily decorated. No shelf or drawer unit into which I could unpack. The only mirror in my room was so high on the wall as to be almost useless, I had to kneel on the bed to see anything.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
18th Feb 2017

This hostel has all kinds of walks of life. Scott is very accommodating with a very unique sense of humour. He eventually warmed up to us and made a lot of jokes. Bathrooms are really clean too which is a plus.

• Notsobigkahuna
  • Canada, Male, 41+
14th Feb 2017
7.7

I was at all 3 hostels on Maui, this place was chill. Perfect if that's what you're after. Parking was great too, not so much at the other 2 hostels.

• michalmajewski
  • Poland, Male, 31-40
12th Feb 2017

Good stay! Bathrooms are clean, good facilities. Free local and int calls etc. AC in the rooms.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
5th Feb 2017
5.4

Very disappointing. Clean place and clean bathrooms but apart from that nothing special. Expensive for what it is. The staff was not helpful at all. boring place with a boring atmosphere. Everybody had to whisper to talk because the manager did not like the noise.

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Feb 2017

I only had a short stay at this hostel but would recommend. My only piece of advice would be to give a little more information to guests arriving after the check in desk closes, it took us a while to find the keys to our room, if the key location as well as the door codes was sent in the check in email it would have made things a little easier! Besides this though, no complaints!

• Denmark, Female, 18-24
3rd Jan 2017
7.1

We didn't get the room we booked through hostelworld so it ended up being more expensive. The city itself isn't that great so definitely consider renting a car or look at where the bus go. It wasn't my favorite hostel, but it was okay.

• Canada, Female, 41+
2nd Jan 2017

I thouroughly enjoyed my stay... I only wish i coukd sit out on the deck in the early am to drink my coffee, as I always woke up at 0530!!! Everything else was fabulous!!! I'll see you again:)

12th Dec 2016

Stayed here last year and stayed again this year and intend to stay here next year. Drives to airport for those who need it. Pancake mix on the morning you can make with syrup. WiFi. Janine hostel host is wonderful & extremely efficient, Scott also is very pleasant. Free parking across from Hostel. Quiet time enforced after 10pm to 8am. Two washers & two dryers $2 each. Four bathrooms. Safe to lock up valuables and locked storage locker for suitcases etc.