The Oliver St John Gogarty Penthouse Apartments Reviews

18-21 Anglesea Street, Temple Bar, Dublin, Ireland

Some of the booking confirmation information was misleading and incorrect eg two separate emails gave two different check-in times, neither of which turned out to be correct. Both mentioned complimentary breakfast although this did not apply to apartments. None of this spoilt our stay - the place is fab - it was just a bit misleading.

• 28th Mar 2015

We were renting apartment. Front desk personnel unfriendly and unhelpful. We understand if no rooms are available, but flight arrived early, we wound up at hotel at 5AM. Front desk person acted as though this had never happened before, just told us check in was 2PM. Did not even offer the use of a lounge for a couple hours. We did not know they had a lounge until later. Both front desk people we encountered should not be in hospitality industry

• 17th Feb 2015

We stayed in the apartments, first class service, friendly staff, clean, hot water and the view was great. It will probably be the go to place for me and my friends whenever we have a big group going to Dublin.

• 11th Feb 2015
  • Northern Ireland

We enjoyed our stay at the Oliver St John Gogarty apartments, the location could not be better. The free drink was a great welcome and views from the apartment were very pretty. The apartments felt a bit worn and when asking the staff for advise on tours and pub crawls they weren't able to assist. Very spacious apartments and a good kitchen, but a bit lacking in 'basics' (hand towels, floor mat for bathroom, some kitchen utensils, etc.). Perfect stay for a group right in the centre of all bars.

• 29th Jan 2015

Very good cheep way of visiting dublin

• 5th Jan 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at this location. It was right in the middle of the Temple Bar district, which means there was noise every night until 2:30 am, but that is to be expected. The location was convenient for everything we were interested in. It had been recommended to us by a friend, and we will pass on that recommendation to others. We hope to be back! Thank you.

• 27th Dec 2014

We stay every year

• 13th Dec 2014

When we arrived at 10.30am we were told we leave our suit cases with the receptionist on collecting my suit case after we had been out the suit case had been damaged which left a large hole in it. The receptionist had no idea how this had happened. I asked to speak to a manager and her reply was 'they dont ever come in here, there never here'. So i left my apartment number and details and asked her to get a manager to call me. I was not at all pleased. There was no phone call.

• 5th Dec 2014

Yes, I thought the apartment was excellent value for money.. I tried to book it again for the take that concert and I was told you had to stay a min of 3 days.. I think this is a disgrace.. Why would one need to stay for 3 days to see a gig,, It's like you are just trying to make as much money as possible for the concert weekend.. I was very disappointed about this..😞😞😞😞😞

• 9th Nov 2014

Reception area should be bigger... From the lifts to the penthouse there is no covered walk thro

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Would have been handy to have a washing machine available in common area or in the apartment.

• 1st Oct 2014